What's new

Catherine's Adventure - English H-Game v.0.5 (Chapter 4)

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Catherine's Adventure - English H-Game v.0.12

First play, I couldn't pass the first chapter for a ridiculous reason.

I took my time trying everything, but I finally got almost all the things the commander ask me. I needed just to learn the second special ability but I needed money.

So, the day just before the end, I worked at the pub, gain enough money but couldn't go learn the ability because it's closed at night.

Ok, no problem, I'll go tomorrow just before talking to the commander and I'm ok!

Go to sleep, wake up, game over....

WHAT????

At least, let me talk to the commander, that's unfair!

But, I have to admit the game is fun and have plenty of good idea.

Will retry it very soon but I will be much more careful!

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Catherine's Adventure - English H-Game v.0.12

Looks pretty good, will take a look at it a bit later. Waiting on the DL.

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Catherine's Adventure - English H-Game v.0.2

Catherine's Adventure v.0.2 (Chapter 2) added.

Dottorino80

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi! Good 3d models, wich program are you using to create them?

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@ Dottorino80
Probably Daz3D or Illusion Studio. Those seem to be the most common ones. Some use SBPR as their tool of choice.

General:
Six months ago, I might have been all over this but now I have some reservations.
1: While I realise not everyone is an awesome artist, I am frankly getting a little bit fed up of 3D(ish) modelling. Work is involved for sure, but market oversaturation is never a good thing.
2: How likely is it Catherine will be forced into sexual situations? This is my biggest problem with a lot of RPGM titles right now.
3: As Legrandxav has alluded to, little to no room for error from the outset is not an example of good design. You want to draw the player in and for some, instant difficulty is the way to go but this will not appeal to everyone. Personally, I'd prefer a difficulty curve rather than a difficulty spike.
3a: From what I gather you're told you have 30 days in which to prepare. This is fine as it seems to be enough time (just about) but I'd add in reminders every few days and how much you need to prepare successfully left (as for time every five to ten days would suffice) and for other things be they money or whatever I'd use a reminder (and this is just as an example) such as "You still need 2984G for preperations". This would facilitate the people who play your game but don't have a whole lot of time in which to play it in. People like to save their progress and come back to it later, without forgetting what they need to do.
4: Don't take any of this the wrong way. And don't just dismiss it, either as it looks like there was the better part of three weeks between Legrandxav's post and your update reply.

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Time to get some answers;)

deadbob43, it is how skip in public bath was supposed to work. I can make it to skip whole dress changing scene, got it.

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Exsalent, orc forest was supposed to be tough. Maybe it is too difficult to beat I'm not sure. At the begining I planned to disable saving but in the last moment desided not to:D

Using saves you could pass an orc, save and go further. If situation will go crazy you always can return back. Saving more in different locations is good strategy.
Also, avoiding orcs while taking heals from boxes is vital. You could make orc follow you to the locating where you could outmaneuvered him.
Giving more HP is possible in later updates, but it will not be like from 100 to 200 HP, course whole game balance will be ruined. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Legrandxav, starting the whole game from the begining is bad. I feel so sad.
Yet, if you were saving the game from time to time the amount of plot to restart would be lesser. Also, I think making the game more interactive and helping the player to make story-driven decisions is good idea. I hope 3rd chapter is better according to that.

Last edited:
OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

haspes23, You are welcome. Thanks.

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Dottorino80, I'm using Daz3D. Poser is really good too. Thanks.

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

squark,
1. I think more 3D content means more varieties which is good for the market:eek:
2. Forced scenes will be definitely in the game.
3. I think I got your thoughts correctly.
4. Agree. Interactivity is very important.
5. Thanks for detailed reply.

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Catherine's Adventure v.0.3 added.
Save01(starting Chapter 2) included.
Save02(starting Chapter 3) included.

Dideldidum

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Catherine's Adventure - English H-Game v.0.3

i like the setting and ideas so far, but please improve your writing. maybe write a greater amount of dialogue in your native language and then translate it?

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Dideldidum, hey:) I will do the improvements.

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

I love this game and I'm pretty sure I'm missing parts of it. Like I discover, in the chapter 3, the beard man in the tavern can touch your boobs under certain condition.

Things like that deserve a guide too see it all!

I don't know if you're French but, since the election of the new French president Emannuel Macron, I see the vilain in the third chapter a little bit different...:D

Anyway, great work, can't wait for the following chapters!

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Catherine's Adventure - English H-Game v.0.4

Catherine's Adventure v.0.4 added.
Save03(starting v.0.4) included.

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't know if you're French but, since the election of the new French president Emannuel Macron, I see the vilain in the third chapter a little bit different...:D
Any resemblance to actual persons are purely coincidental.
But you are very attentive to notice that:)

I try to describe every new important scene into ChangeLog. Also, you could ask me if you would like to know something specific.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Leo83105206

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Catherine's Adventure - English H-Game v.0.4

I found a error. There is no way to learn skills. At all. Day 20 2 potions and upgraded Katana and Armor. No training in sight. I been all over and I got a plus 1 to attack from hitting the dummy. Also exiting the Pub and Barrack seem to turn everything to night even if I didn't do anything. Sometime walk around town triggers it. Someone said underground fights but all he tells me is to move along.

OP
D

Desmond_CA

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Catherine's Adventure - English H-Game v.0.5 (Chapter 4)

Catherine's Adventure Chapter 4 added.
Save03(starting v.0.4) included.
Save04(starting Chapter 4) included.