What's new

-

• Thread starter Deleted member 255743
  • Start date

PhaseLink

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [B-luster Light] DRAGONIA (-ドラゴンの涙と龍族の娘フィーネ-)

I tried it and I can clear the tutorial just fine.

Movement did freeze for me after the enemy appeared which probably an intent of the tutorial itself so just shoot all enemies (it will rotate to other target by itself) and the boss and that should end the tutorial.

Anyway, Thanks for the game :p There are so many upgrade in this game that might make this kinda fun to play even there are only few screens tho. :D

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I played the game, start to finish, works fine.

I also beat the whole thing (with money cheats) and unlocked everything (just beat the story mode to unlock all the CGs). But its a VERY grindy game if you play legitimately though. Once you get past the beginner stages, the game stops pulling punches and goes full-bullet hell on you (some bosses will endlessly dive bomb you while others will play keep away while spraying bullets and since they're bosses, they also have a lot of HP AND do far more damage than the fodder)

I couldn't understand the story though, other than the tutorial (and some really minor stuff like boss names), the game is in Japanese and theres plenty of text.

kittenmittens

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't know much more as I can't seem to get it to work. I'm constantly moving to the left and during the tutorial after a certain point my movement just freezes.
Just a guess: do you have a gamepad plugged in? This kind of thing is common in games that automatically detect gamepads.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Pretty great game, not sure why you'd say it's grindy (you certainly have the option to, but its really not needed at all) I bought some of the worst upgrades (the 10k money skill is garbage) and still made it through fine without grinding.

You can easily beat the game with just the second attack and bullet if you put all your points into health, damage and the 5k shield skill.

Green orbs give shield, red orbs fill your skill meter, blue orbs give money and yellow orbs heal you.

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I've attached my registry keys which should replace the save data with mine. (All CG unlocked, New Game+ w/ all skills, bullets, and firing patterns)

Stage 1-3 are a bit of a struggle since you're forced to dodge enemy attacks but can't attack them while dodging.

However, I would just follow censuur's advice and buy the wave bullet along with double fire. Hopefully you will have enough to buy the 5k shield skill by stage 4. Stage 4 is what I consider a tipping point. There are a lot of enemies on the stage and a lot of them drop powerups. So basically just kill everything and you'll have 4+ extra attacks by the time you reach the boss stage. With appropriate investments in damage, you can pretty much just activate shield, run up to the boss, and burst them down. Beating the bosses after stage 4 was actually easier than the earlier ones.

Game could use a bit of optimization as my CPU usage started ramping up once I use the scatter shot (last one). The attack sound pretty much dies when you start attacking the bosses at later stages. During one boss battle, the framerate dropped to <1 fps and it was pretty much a slideshow. I just held down Z and I miraculously defeated with ~100 hp remaining.

The CG were pretty well drawn, though not much in terms of variety as it's basically the same people in 8 different poses. I just wish there were some scenes with that other girl with big horns. She's pretty much naked the whole time but nothing ever happens with her which is a big tease. The title screen does say "Version 1.0" so I'm hoping that perhaps the author is planning to update this game later on and add an H-scene with her in it.

EDIT: Actually I just realized this game came out a few months ago and it seems like B-luster are already working on a new game so there goes my hopes :(

Attachments

Last edited:

Lewdovico

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Woah, it's been a month already? Time flies.

There are some balance issues (Cross Rotary is arguably better than Scatter Burst, Seeker Flame is awful, etc), but I thought this game was nice and different from the countless VN slideshows in existence.

Upgrade wise, I went Double Shot -> Wave Flame -> Healing -> Cracker -> Rotary -> Seeker (skip this) -> Scatter -> Bomb -> Horming -> Shield, with HP and attack upgrades splashed in the middle (49 and 31 were my final numbers).

The C-key flame I never used, and a lot of the upgrades were unnecessary.
Don't bother using Scatter + Bomb unless you've got a good CPU, 1000+ explosions per second is painful.

It gets less unfair once you get the heal and shield skills, but only because all of the shield skills are overpowered. I beat most of the harder bosses by ramming into them with a shield and trying to either burst them down or lose and try again. I'd say the second or third map is as good as the game gets, after that it eventually degenerates into a Pyro W+M1 simulator.

I didn't really understand the story, might as well ask to see if anyone could actually read the text.
  • Was the big horn dragon the boss?
  • I thought beating the devil dragon was supposed to be the good end, what the hell happened? :confused:

Overall it was a pretty good game. This would go in the category of H-games that could've existed without any hentai, which means part of me wants to see these groups do something more, but also not really because that would mean no more actually interesting H-games :/

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I didn't really understand the story, might as well ask to see if anyone could actually read the text.
  • Was the big horn dragon the boss?
  • I thought beating the devil dragon was supposed to be the good end, what the hell happened? :confused:
This game is actually on Steam and from the reviews it seems like the story is (albeit poorly) translated. I don't have it myself so I don't know if it's not understandable at all or if it just has bad grammar. Though that would probably be the best bet for understanding the story.

It's only $2 and if you're feeling like a cheap scumbag (we won't judge) you can buy it, make up a reason to ask for a refund from the dev and you keep the game.

Last edited: