What's new

[2/6] [Abandoned] The Comprehensive Patreon List

Status
Not open for further replies.

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Comprehensive patreon list

You should probably add in giant bold Underlined flashing letters to keep your personal butt hurt feelings of patreon out of it. Just so we don't have more people like Mr. McFuckNuggets bitching about how people make their money and how other people choose to spend theirs.
Bro he came in and just started going, according to the crisispoint guy, he does this to anything patreon.

Look at his red light saber.

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The only patreon I'm supporting right now is Yummytiger. If you want to add the reasons for that, I've got a few:

1: This is the most important one, and it's that he's asking for money only per 'major update', and not by month. For this reason, I can pledge to give him money basically as soon as I start to see a product. If I don't like what he calls a 'major update', I can withdraw my pledge. Despite any other work, I wouldn't support a patreon without this.

2: The game so far is a) well drawn b) funny c) immersive. It has to be a good project on it's own to get support.

3: He's very active around the forums and the patreon page. Though I may pirate games like everyone else here, I only feel bad about doing it when the developers take time to show up and discuss things with us. (Other examples of this are Azurezero, dot_slave, Kyrieu and UrielmanX7.)

Side note: I don't want to derail the thread talking about it further, but I have trouble believing Anonymous is a functioning member of society with his view on what these people are creating. The way you're talking about these projects makes me feel that you wouldn't support ANY artist, musician, entrepeneur or craftsman. Pull your head out of the 1950s American Dream (Source: History Major) and realize that the world thrives off of people working outside the 9-5 cubicle jobs.

TL;DR list:

I support Yummytiger's patreon because:
1: It runs per major update instead of monthly
2: The game has good art, and an interesting and funny storyline so far
3: The developer takes time to show up and chat with the community.
Last time I checked breeding season only charged per update too, not monthly. Then again I stopped funding them before all the broken patches.

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Last time I checked breeding season only charged per update too, not monthly. Then again I stopped funding them before all the broken patches.
It depends on what you consider to be an 'update'. They get something done every month, but it's usually a pitifully small amount of work that I hesitate to call an update. Crisis Point runs on a similar schedule - I release an update every single month, so the campaign is monthly - but unlike Hartista, coder of Breeding Season, I actually get shit done.

For context - correct me if I'm mistaken, but I remember hearing last month's update for BS was basically 'new save system' and that's it.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

For context - correct me if I'm mistaken, but I remember hearing last month's update for BS was basically 'new save system' and that's it.
You're not. He called it a 'save system overhaul', but when we're paying to play a game, nobody really cares. It would be like starting a patreon when you have nothing but a game engine being developed, it's not fun to pay to support the inner workings even if they're required.

I agree, the line gets blurred when they charge monthly and produce content on a monthly schedule. I'm just paranoid of getting locked into a H-pipebomb trap where his idea of an update is perhaps one new drawing per month.

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You're not. He called it a 'save system overhaul', but when we're paying to play a game, nobody really cares. It would be like starting a patreon when you have nothing but a game engine being developed, it's not fun to pay to support the inner workings even if they're required.

I agree, the line gets blurred when they charge monthly and produce content on a monthly schedule. I'm just paranoid of getting locked into a H-pipebomb trap where his idea of an update is perhaps one new drawing per month.
I don't blame you, man. I don't think ill of people who are wary of Patreon, I totally understand it - I'd be pissed if I was supporting development of a game and the creator got lazy like that. 's why I ended up making v.075 of Crisis Point, I didn't feel like there was enough content in the original v.07 release so I did a free mid-month update for everyone who donated.

The way I see it, a Patreon update should never be entirely inner workings. They need to happen, seeing as they're the foundation a game is build upon, but there has to be something there for everyone, or you've failed your patrons. Only a select group of people would ooh and ahh over the new and improved save system, retooled stat growth, or anything of that sort.

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I don't blame you, man. I don't think ill of people who are wary of Patreon, I totally understand it - I'd be pissed if I was supporting development of a game and the creator got lazy like that. 's why I ended up making v.075 of Crisis Point, I didn't feel like there was enough content in the original v.07 release so I did a free mid-month update for everyone who donated.

The way I see it, a Patreon update should never be entirely inner workings. They need to happen, seeing as they're the foundation a game is build upon, but there has to be something there for everyone, or you've failed your patrons. Only a select group of people would ooh and ahh over the new and improved save system, retooled stat growth, or anything of that sort.
I can understand the tad bit of jealousy, breeding season is way over funded for what it is.

BUT, you can't really blame the creators. Honestly I think he just got a product that BLEW up, and he is like OH SHIT OH SHIT, which is why he acts overly humble. Also why it went from stable to shit, they pretty much said FUCK IT lets start over, make it bigger, better, stronger.

Sort of what dayz did, they blew up and said "nah, nah we do this shit right". Seems like they are trying to use the money to the fullest, IMO.
(Incase you don't know what I mean, dayz, started as a mod of a game, it blew up in popularity, but instead of just releasing a standalone download for it, they decided to use and upgraded engine version and essentially start from the ground up, which sort of pissed a lot of people off, cause well, the standalone is still behind the mod in features nearly a year later. Not to mention the original creator left because they didn't do it the way he wanted, so ya, these things happen, try not to confuse it for malicious intent, these things just happen when they get overly popular and demand grows exponentially)

But they are also being smart, not vetting everyone who wants to "help" the project, but ya, they do need like at least one other programmer, the guy is ganna run himself ragged. Dude is under a shit ton of pressure I am sure, but he doesn't just wanna hand off his creation (code), nor is it easy. All the revisions he has been making would be a clusterfuck to get someone up to speed with I am sure, so he mainly has 2 big issues, the fact he can't just get another programmer willy nilly, but also that he DOES need to get help soon, or people will just view the project as a money sink.

P.S You gata remember it was ONLY him till he brought purple on and delegated all art to him. And once that happened they started redoing everything, which was about the time I stopped sending my measly dollar, cause well I was there for the bestiality, but then it just became a furry game, oh im sorry "anthro" *cough furry cough*.

Anyway ya, I don't think its very fair to call out breeding season. its simply a small time thing that blew up and now these small time people are like OH SHIT OH SHIT, and are trying to rectify it by "making it better". Like I said, very strong similarities between this and dayz development IMO.

Last edited:

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I mean.. I see where you're coming from, and I would agree with you several months ago. Breeding Season has been rolling in >20k a month for a long time now, and while I know from experience that they're not actually getting that much money (declined cards, overwhelming self employment taxes, etc), I still don't think there's been anywhere near enough work done to justify it.

You can only use the "it blew up more than we expected" excuse for so long, you know? At some point, he should have realized "wow, okay, this is a big deal. Time to pick up the pace and/or start looking for more help", and while he did hire more people, it didn't seem to increase the work speed at all. I might be wrong about this, but I think the game has been in reworking for longer than it was even in production before, which is just silly. They weren't rebuilding the entire thing in a brand new engine like DayZ did, a lot of stuff could easily carry over, even if there's plenty that needs reworking. Alternatively, he could have even started adding new animations and such while re-working other things at the same time, not scrap new content entirely while earning thousands of dollars a month to rework your old stuff. There are still plenty of existing interactions that had no animations back before he hired S-Purple, and still don't have animations now.

To clarify, I don't think Breeding Season's creator has malicious intent behind his actions. I just don't think he's handling the patreon campaign well at all. There are a lot of better ways he could go about things right now, even if it's just putting more effort in to his work. It doesn't take a full month to overhaul a save system, man.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Back to the topic:

Sadisticirony (emphasis on sadistic) is producing both art sets ( patreon.com/sadinsfw ) and h-games ( patreon.com/sadinsfwgames )

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea how frequently she updates.

Last edited:

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I mean.. I see where you're coming from, and I would agree with you several months ago. Breeding Season has been rolling in >20k a month for a long time now, and while I know from experience that they're not actually getting that much money (declined cards, overwhelming self employment taxes, etc), I still don't think there's been anywhere near enough work done to justify it.

You can only use the "it blew up more than we expected" excuse for so long, you know? At some point, he should have realized "wow, okay, this is a big deal. Time to pick up the pace and/or start looking for more help", and while he did hire more people, it didn't seem to increase the work speed at all. I might be wrong about this, but I think the game has been in reworking for longer than it was even in production before, which is just silly. They weren't rebuilding the entire thing in a brand new engine like DayZ did, a lot of stuff could easily carry over, even if there's plenty that needs reworking. Alternatively, he could have even started adding new animations and such while re-working other things at the same time, not scrap new content entirely while earning thousands of dollars a month to rework your old stuff. There are still plenty of existing interactions that had no animations back before he hired S-Purple, and still don't have animations now.

To clarify, I don't think Breeding Season's creator has malicious intent behind his actions. I just don't think he's handling the patreon campaign well at all. There are a lot of better ways he could go about things right now, even if it's just putting more effort in to his work. It doesn't take a full month to overhaul a save system, man.
Again, back to dayz, they have studiio funding and millions not thousands, and the progress they made throughout a whole year is abysmal. That is honestly why I am understanding of breeding season, cause until big money like bohemia can get their shit together than I won't hold it against a couple guys with computers to screw up resource management until 100 guys with computers can manage it better.

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Back to the topic:

Sadisticirony (emphasis on sadistic) is producing both art sets ( patreon.com/sadinsfw ) and h-games ( patreon.com/sadinsfwgames )

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea how frequently she updates.
Awesome never heard of this person, style looks amazing.

P.S I wish I could get a GF like her, seems attractive, with talent, and ambitios enough to start crowdfunding.

TIL I should get a girlfriend who can draw.

Play any of her games? if so, thoughts? Leave a post and ill link it in OP

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

This is the best name for any h-game ever made.
The end lol
I like overwhored cause it was a play on words and parody of an existing concept. Things that mesh well like that are more appealing to me.

Also the last fucklord would make an awkward sequel name, just sayin.

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I like overwhored cause it was a play on words and parody of an existing concept. Things that mesh well like that are more appealing to me.

Also the last fucklord would make an awkward sequel name, just sayin.
The Last Fucklord 2: This Time, It's Vaginal.

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

The Last Fucklord 2: This Time, It's Vaginal.
No, no no no no.

See that's why its awkward, you can't give it the number 2.
Its called "THE LAST" fucklord, you can't just say: The last fucklord 2, cause then you look at it and say w"wait theres another one, but he was the last?"

It's so finite THE LAST FUCKLORD, now say if the title was:
The last OF the fucklordS, then it implies there were once many and possibly one could return and that would be why the last guy is back again.

Ya thats right I am over analyzing an indie western H game title, cause I am that bored, plus I only post on forums like a few times a year, but when I do I post like its 1999.

P.S Your animated signature chick has perfect posture along with guyface, that is some crazy niche stuff right there man.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No, no no no no.

Its called "THE LAST" fucklord, you can't just say: The last fucklord 2, cause then you look at it and say w"wait theres another one, but he was the last?"

The last OF the fucklordS, then it implies there were once many and possibly one could return and that would be why the last guy is back again.

Ya thats right I am over analyzing an indie western H game title, cause I am that bored, plus I only post on forums like a few times a year, but when I do I post like its 1999.

P.S Your animated signature chick has perfect posture along with guyface, that is some crazy niche stuff right there man.
It's going off topic, but I could not help myself but reply. How many FINAL fantasies have there been? I thought the first one was the FINAL one? So, I think he can get away with the Last Fucklord :D

Had to post, because the Final Fantasy thing always bugged me. Loved the games, but I laugh every time I see Final Fantasy VII, XIII or whatever.

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

No, no no no no.

Having good posture is niche? Guess you learn new things every day. Still can't see the guyface, though, she's just not decked out in makeup or typical girly traits.

Also, I was making fun of the name too, so there's that. Also, Final Fantasy.

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

It's going off topic, but I could not help myself but reply. How many FINAL fantasies have there been? I thought the first one was the FINAL one? So, I think he can get away with the Last Fucklord :D

Had to post, because the Final Fantasy thing always bugged me. Loved the games, but I laugh every time I see Final Fantasy VII, XIII or whatever.
So what you are saying is, you read the post of me critiquing the obtuse nature of a sequel name.

AND YOU JUST WENT AHEAD AND BROUGHT UP FINAL FANTASY?

Nigga! don't you know the FF series is like the voldemort of game titles for me by that point?
Naming the series that shant be named and everrything, damn, DAMN!.

THAT AINT RIGHT, you know how hard it is for me to hold off the rant about them using roman numerals as if it helps disguise the fact they arent being lazy with their naming system, but simply pretentious?

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Having good posture is niche? Guess you learn new things every day. Still can't see the guyface, though, she's just not decked out in makeup or typical girly traits.

Also, I was making fun of the name too, so there's that. Also, Final Fantasy.
#guyface

Perfect posture while running and raping is niche? Man IDK I am just pointing out colors and shit I need to go update my other topic with the like 2 new beast games that came out in months...we need more beast games, but when I see this topic all bold and stuff I say "Ohh piece of- I mean new post" And respond.

Guyface is getting to you isn't it?

Hkid

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Anime and manga have warped our perspective with their femme looking dudes, nowadays if it has a chin that doesn't taper to a point, a nose and doesn't have huge eyelashes you can't be sure :)

She does have good posture though, I guess she really is a soldier.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Play any of [SadisticIrony's] games? if so, thoughts? Leave a post and ill link it in OP
She mentioned the older one on hentai-foundry (which is how I found her) and made a thread on hongfire by name "Sadi's Hentai RPG". Looks like it's the same as the one she's calling "Sadi Test" now. I enjoyed it, but it's a tiny little proof-of-concept. Especially given that she released it for free :) Haven't played Total NC Park.

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Are these all of the patreons for adult games?

I feel like I am missing at least one, something to do with a real estate girl banging clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.