What's new

RPG RPG Maker [・工房 ] 水晶物語 - Crystal Story (RJ146547)

Rextra

Reputation score

The Remake version of Crystal Story has been released. This one has updated graphic and more content, even new party members. Tried a bit, seems the general storyline is still the same.

Edit: does anyone know where the location of the cursed gem is? In the original version, it's in a treasure chest inside the protag's home, the treasure chest is missing in the remake version sadly. It will be tough to hunt down all the scene without it.

Last edited:

zane19

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The Remake version of Crystal Story has been released. This one has updated graphic and more content, even new party members. Tried a bit, seems the general storyline is still the same.

Edit: does anyone know where the location of the cursed gem is? In the original version, it's in a treasure chest inside the protag's home, the treasure chest is missing in the remake version sadly. It will be tough to hunt down all the scene without it.
There was a post that mentioned some GOR scenes for some boss battles, but seem to be missing unless there was a way to trigger it.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
There was a post that mentioned some GOR scenes for some boss battles, but seem to be missing unless there was a way to trigger it.
As far as I've gotten, at least one of the GOR that existed in 3.0 is not present in this version. Hopefully they add in all previous scenes but as of right now there is stuff missing.

jinkong

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

In this version when you open the gold chest in the hero's home you'll get the in game walkthrough item. The passcode for the chest is on a slip of paper in your key items. To look at the walkthrough hit shift and its the 2nd option from the bottom. Honestly without it you will probably miss 80% of the scenes. lol

mememe

Reputation score

Anyone got a save file for this?

Trin182

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This is kind of a save file. Save 16 has you by the two items that replay scenes and the extra content. Just don't use any of the saves to play the story. The stuff is unlocked, but the game, and several switches, are triggered randomly to unlock it. New game will be fine, though.

Attachments

Rextra

Reputation score
In this version when you open the gold chest in the hero's home you'll get the in game walkthrough item. The passcode for the chest is on a slip of paper in your key items. To look at the walkthrough hit shift and its the 2nd option from the bottom. Honestly without it you will probably miss 80% of the scenes. lol
Well, not really since I've already beaten the original version and like I said above, the story in general is still the same. I know about the built-in playthrough item along with the pass, what I'm looking for is the cursed gem that can kill your entire party in one hit, which seems missing.

As far as I've gotten, at least one of the GOR that existed in 3.0 is not present in this version. Hopefully they add in all previous scenes but as of right now there is stuff missing.
Yeap, as far as I can tell, the entire scenes involving Farni got scrubbed, along with the very first GOR scene located in the underground lab. Hopefully, the dev will gradually add more content like usual. There's also some secret chara that can only be unlocked after importing a save file from the original game.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Correct, all scenes(?) from 3.0 aren't in the game. People are saying that the dev will add them later updates, but i haven't seen anything of the dev telling about it

I wouldn't even call it a full remake, more like a remake but addition and removal of stuff

The scenes of the squirrel boy were my favourite and the dev removed them

Trin182

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Correct, all scenes(?) from 3.0 aren't in the game. People are saying that the dev will add them later updates, but i haven't seen anything of the dev telling about it

I wouldn't even call it a full remake, more like a remake but addition and removal of stuff

Not as familiar with the original, as it was a bit harder to pin down both the correct versions later on and also get a save file for it, but are those scenes used in some of the other viewers? I know the scene with the elder is main story, but there are some scenes with a squirrel guy in the anime viewer DX in "other scenes", which you can use with an item in your inventory at the console right beside the normal scene viewer. It's in the original animation and art style, though. Actually, it looks like he imported most, if not all, of the art from the original into this game, too, on that secondary viewer.

For clarity, the TV in front of the character here is the scene viewer, and the laptop beside it has the other viewers with the other things on it.

Attachments

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Not as familiar with the original, as it was a bit harder to pin down both the correct versions later on and also get a save file for it, but are those scenes used in some of the other viewers? I know the scene with the elder is main story, but there are some scenes with a squirrel guy in the anime viewer DX in "other scenes", which you can use with an item in your inventory at the console right beside the normal scene viewer. It's in the original animation and art style, though. Actually, it looks like he imported most, if not all, of the art from the original into this game, too, on that secondary viewer.

For clarity, the TV in front of the character here is the scene viewer, and the laptop beside it has the other viewers with the other things on it.
I think the dev mentioned that you would be able to see the scenes from the original game if you wanted (in the scene viewer)

That explains why the game is not really "fully remade" if there's scenes missing from the 1st game

Also how unnecessary(?) scenes take space in the scene viewer, just a random talk with the characters doing one movement or 2 and that's all the "scene"

Rextra

Reputation score

expansion.png

Well, the dev says it himself just today.

Source:

At the bottom of the page at the dev's official discussion board.

Last edited:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Sweet, then as much as I want to go ahead and complete the game (Had to restart due to bug and screwed over by RNG) I'll just put this one on hold until he's complete or at least near complete with it. I want to minimize the number of playthroughs as much as possible. Too many things I'm wanting to play lately.

CobraPL

Demon Girl
Reputation score
may i ask with what editor ? and what savegame ?
there is savegame editor online, there are offline rpgmaker savegame editors, use google, can't help from where I am now

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Interesting how I thought this looked bad many years ago when I first saw it, and now I've come around to kinda liking how it looks. The artstyle looks like something that shouldn't be in a lewd work and that somehow makes it more interesting.
As I dug into it I found that the updated version is untranslated and the gallery seems to be kinda brief too so I ended up not bothering with it after all, just interesting to see my tastes change like that

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Interesting how I thought this looked bad many years ago when I first saw it, and now I've come around to kinda liking how it looks. The artstyle looks like something that shouldn't be in a lewd work and that somehow makes it more interesting.
As I dug into it I found that the updated version is untranslated and the gallery seems to be kinda brief too so I ended up not bothering with it after all, just interesting to see my tastes change like that
First impressions are important but it's a curious thing how people can adapt to something over time. I personally loved the retro look of things probably because my first H-games were Window 95 games like True Love and Nocturnal Illusion (the only thing I dislike is how small "big breasted" characters look in that style lol). Myself, I can't stand 3D "western" style H games but there are a few I'm following because I got use to the artwork.