What's new

[Complete - Full] [ ・工房 ] 水晶物語 RJ146547 Crystal Story

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Could you please tell me which sentence? When I translated the game I had no idea what's the maximum capacity in one line, so I'm willing to fix all the line with those problem
It happens a bunch. 32 "LARGE" characters with a picture and 43 without the picture. It's not that big of an issue.

Except in the guide books. Both of them are riff with that issue.

Reputation score
Could you please tell me which sentence? When I translated the game I had no idea what's the maximum capacity in one line, so I'm willing to fix all the line with those problem
I haven't played the game yet, just checked for 10 minutes. This problem with text was in "Adventurer Guide" basically ingame walkthrough what you could get from the start. It was almost unreadable.

OP
sakato

sakato

Reputation score
Understood, to be honest, when I did the translation on the adventure guide I thought that people wouldn't need it and did a very poor quality job

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
KHTA posted a good walkthrough of the game in the original gamethread, I suggest using that.
That reminds me that I need to update and consolidate the existing guides. First one I made was for 1.0-2.0 content and second one just for 3.0 after story stuff. Never updated old guide for the new scenes added to it. You can still get vast majority of the scenes....just it feels incomplete.

Larryrunner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
That reminds me that I need to update and consolidate the existing guides. First one I made was for 1.0-2.0 content and second one just for 3.0 after story stuff. Never updated old guide for the new scenes added to it. You can still get vast majority of the scenes....just it feels incomplete.
Yeah I also read your 3.1 guide for those scenes, this game is pretty cryptic when it comes to finding scenes. Not sure if anything was added in the 3.2 update, do you know?

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yeah I also read your 3.1 guide for those scenes, this game is pretty cryptic when it comes to finding scenes. Not sure if anything was added in the 3.2 update, do you know?
You mean like the second story? If you are on the true path, finish the game, unlock the little sister relationship and sleep on the bed?

OP
sakato

sakato

Reputation score
Fixed unreadable text in the guide

thereportingbug

Reputation score
Is it possible to use Habisain's RPGMaker Trans to modify one of the scripts? Inserting the English table into the Window_NameInput script and changing the TABLE from "TABLE = [HIRAGANA, KATAKANA]" to "TABLE = [ENGLISH]" would allow the player to easily change the default name.

Code:
Script: Window_NameInput

class Window_NameInput < Window_Base
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Text Character Table
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  ENGLISH = [ 'A','B','C','D','E',  'a','b','c','d','e',
              'F','G','H','I','J',  'f','g','h','i','j',
              'K','L','M','N','O',  'k','l','m','n','o',
              'P','Q','R','S','T',  'p','q','r','s','t',
              'U','V','W','X','Y',  'u','v','w','x','y',
              'Z',' ',' ',' ',' ',  'z',' ',' ',' ',' ',
              ' ',' ',' ',' ',' ',  ' ',' ',' ',' ',' ',
              '1','2','3','4','5',  ' ',' ',' ',' ',' ',
              '6','7','8','9','0',  ' ',' ',' ',' ','OK']
  TABLE = [ENGLISH]
Also didn't see any assets in 水晶物語3.2_patch_V1.2.rar so I edited a few of the basic ones (Graphics for Title and Locations) using photoshop, , and pulling location names that were already translated using AstroGrep or looked up a machine translation. Thanks for the translation sakato.

Attachments

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Even with patch it's still pretty hard to follow the true path and get all scenes. Sorry everyone waiting on my updated guide, I just recently got on a new drug and it's been eating all my time.
The drug is Splatoon 2: online battles.

In all honestly, with my knowledge of game I should have been able to finish updating in a matter of few hours.....instead it's taken a few days.

Esedess

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Even with patch it's still pretty hard to follow the true path and get all scenes. Sorry everyone waiting on my updated guide, I just recently got on a new drug and it's been eating all my time.

In all honestly, with my knowledge of game I should have been able to finish updating in a matter of few hours.....instead it's taken a few days.
Hi thanks for translation and i just want to ask if the guide for 3.2 is dead or just in delay.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Hi thanks for translation and i just want to ask if the guide for 3.2 is dead or just in delay.
Delay.......freaking Splatoon 2........ but thanks for reminding me, I'll start back on it right now.

CobraPL

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It looks like there is V2 version with major changes.

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
There is a "Crystal Story Gaiden · Awakening" which looks like a sequel.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
There is a "Crystal Story Gaiden · Awakening" which looks like a sequel.
No, at the moment that game is more like a "what if" starring Tsubame that takes place during the events of Crystal Story. While there are some canon events, most of it isn't.....at least not yet.

Cobra is most likely referring to the upgraded MV version of the game that is in the works. It's adding in new characters, standing CG for Mark and Efil, switching the artwork to the new style, bringing over the standing CG from Awakening as well as the battle system and it seems for a short time we'll be able to party with Mark and Efil. They can make the events of Awakening canon with this by adding in relationship with the guard, little boy and squirrel boy for Tsubame as well as the new areas introduced in Awakening.

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
No, at the moment that game is more like a "what if" starring Tsubame that takes place during the events of Crystal Story. While there are some canon events, most of it isn't.....at least not yet.

Cobra is most likely referring to the upgraded MV version of the game that is in the works. It's adding in new characters, standing CG for Mark and Efil, switching the artwork to the new style, bringing over the standing CG from Awakening as well as the battle system and it seems for a short time we'll be able to party with Mark and Efil. They can make the events of Awakening canon with this by adding in relationship with the guard, little boy and squirrel boy for Tsubame as well as the new areas introduced in Awakening.
Curiously aggravating that Dot Kobo has so much work and so little of it is translated for the filthy gaijin.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Curiously aggravating that Dot Kobo has so much work and so little of it is translated for the filthy gaijin.
If the right people don't take interest in it, then yeah. I'm equally sadden by the fact that none of the 305 Labs games or Red Ribbon games have been translated. They have great stories and 305 an unreal attention to details.

Golgo9999

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
is possible to have the translation file in RVDATA insted of TXT ?

BoolMoose

Reputation score
This thread is for translation discussion only.

This guide was never finished was it.