What's new

[Complete - Full] 真・魔胎都市 / Shin Matai Toshi

Jumi

Reputation score
top.png

I was privately commissioned to translate a short visual novel called Shin Matai Toshi recently and figured I'd share the finished result here.

The game's VNDB page is . It can be purchased on DLsite's English site , and on its Japanese site (both pages sell it in Japanese, of course).

What this patch translates:

-Fully translated dialogue
-Translated in-game menus

What this patch doesn't translate:

-Confirmation message when closing the game via the title bar (I have a modified version of the EXE with this change, but can't post it here since that'd be piracy)
-Some text in the out-of-game config tool (the important stuff is translated, but the hacking involved for the rest is currently beyond me)

I don't think those are particularly crucial so I'm considering the patch complete as it is now.

You can download the patch . To apply it, just replace the files in the game's directory with the new ones and launch the game like normal. This patch has only been tested on version 1.04 of the game.

Apologies for it being a rather large download (118 MB) - I'm not really familiar with the process of making a proper executable patch that does all the work, so I've had to just include the files as they are. If anyone is interested in either doing that or pointing me in the right direction, I can update the patch to be significantly smaller (probably <5 MB).

Edit: Made a small update to the title screen.

Last edited:

Azumauzu

Reputation score
Good to see someone work on Rindou's works, thanks for this!

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Hmm, just out of curiosity, is Mille Feuille's Nengoku no Liese ( ) any way connected to this. The familiarities are entirely too substantial...

Thanks for the wonderful work, at any rate!

OP
J

Jumi

Reputation score
Hmm, just out of curiosity, is Mille Feuille's Nengoku no Liese ( ) any way connected to this. The familiarities are entirely too substantial...

I think they're set in the same universe or something. I've translated a chapter of the Nengoku no Liese manga before (though the group I did it for hasn't gotten around to typesetting it yet), and the main character is also a member of the same group of nuns that Sayaka is. I actually went with the translation "Thorny Rose Sisters" in Shin Matai Toshi in order to make it consistent with the existing translation of Nengoku no Liese.

Oir

Reputation score

Both are done by the same author (Rindou). I don't think they're technically part of the same universe since they never appear together to my knowledge in any of his works. But they use the same tropes.

Anybody know of any other english works/VN's by Rindou? He seems to have gone super inactive/dark over the last few years D:
If anything, where's the best place to keep up to date with his work?

johnvictor69

Reputation score
I think they're set in the same universe or something. I've translated a chapter of the Nengoku no Liese manga before (though the group I did it for hasn't gotten around to typesetting it yet), and the main character is also a member of the same group of nuns that Sayaka is. I actually went with the translation "Thorny Rose Sisters" in Shin Matai Toshi in order to make it consistent with the existing translation of Nengoku no Liese.
Do you have a plan to translate Nengoku no Liese VN?

OP
J

Jumi

Reputation score
Do you have a plan to translate Nengoku no Liese VN?
Not at the moment. I translated Shin Matai Toshi because I was commissioned to do so, though, and would be open to translating Nengoku no Liese if commissioned to as well. However, I've bumped up my rates after finishing SMT because long projects like this weren't worth the time they took to get done. I can't say for sure without looking at the game's files to see how much text there is, but if we assume that it's about the same length as SMT, I'd probably aim for the $800-$1,000 range.