What's new

A Brand New World (Logos) GMed by Rathuris

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Ran: HP= 49, PP= 75, EP= 56, Status= Fine

The morning was crisp and rather warm today. The sun was out and shining brightly without a cloud for miles. It had been several weeks since she had fled from her previous home, and it was the first day in a long while she really felt like something good could happen to just around the figurative corner. Today, Ran found herself upon a simple dirt road, both sides lined with massive trees and leading into dense forests on each side. A few miles back had been a rather decrepit sign pointing to a village called Ull. Though over the past several weeks the people in the villages she had gone through had not taken too kindly to her, and one village's occupants had even thrown things at her when they noticed her heritage. Since she had started heading east, the villages' attitude to other races slowly began to grow more favourable the further east she went. The last village she had visited a week back, a family had actually invited her in and shared a meal with her. A rather friendly bunch they had been.

Ran was free to decide where she wished to go. Some of the gossip she had heard while passing through the villages what that if she went far enough east she would reach the Amazon. West led back to central Badaria where a lot of the people did not like anything non-human. If she went south west, there was talk of a city full of demons and other magical creatures. If she head north she had heard rumours of an orc invasion within the Crolia with humans and other races banding together to try and stem the tide of the orc advance. Where she went was entirely up to Ran, she could go where ever her heart took her.

Logos

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: A Brand New World (Logos) GMed by Rathuris

As the sun rose and lit my small shelter, I found myself slightly annoyed with it. Sleeping in was nice, and now I wouldn't get to do it even though nothing had disturbed me in the night.

Annoyed seemed to describe my reaction to a lot of things after I had woken up. Annoyed with my missing memories and still not quite functioning body. Annoyed that things seemed to like crawling into bed with me.

Mostly just annoyed in general. Still, today looked to be getting a good start for another day on the road heading east. Crawling out of the shelter was easier today, especially compared to how it was when I started. I never wanted to feel that weak again.

With a gesture, the earth I had raised to form my shelter returned to its original state, and I set foot on the road once more.

Ran casts Shape Earth to destroy her shelter* before leaving. Current EP is now 52.

*A small underground structure made by lifting dirt out of it using Shape Earth, making a small mound marking the entrance. Comfortable for one person, but doesn't offer much in the way of extra space, so it'd get cramped pretty quickly if something else came in. More secure than just sleeping on the ground, at least.
An attempted map for it...

Z-level 0

...>>...
...<>...

Z-level -1

########
########
########
###.R###
###>.###
########
########
########

Key:
. : Empty space
> : Upward sloping ground
< : Downward sloping ground (may be trapped)
# : Filled space (most likely dirt)
R : Sleepy fox

OP
Rathuris

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ran: HP= 49, PP= 75, EP= 52, Status= Fine

As Ran stepped off onto the road, the sun bathed her in it's warm light. As she started off down the road, she could gauge that it was about early spring still. The road she walked down was a simple dirt road about twelve feet across. And the road seemed to get less well maintained as she travelled. Around noon she finally stopped as she regarded the end of the road, the road having simply vanished and given up to the forest as it was now all grass brush. She now had to decide if she wished to continue heading east through the now roadless forest to where the old and decrepit sign had pointed to Ull, or forge a new path through the forest.

Logos

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ull seemed like an interesting enough place to go, but there was something to be said for taking a step off the road as well.

Turning a bit, I began moving through the forest instead of trying to approximate the road's path. My legs might be complaining already, but the exercise would be good for them in the long run.

OP
Rathuris

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rolls
Perception check
46 vs 35 = Pass

As Ran traveled through the woods, she could hear small game animals running through the brush away from her. Likely startled by her presence into their home. Over head she could she birds flitting about the canopy should she look up and their song filling the air. Though the travel through the thick brush, she felt that she was still making great time as she travelled in a north eastern direction. A few hours after noon she stumbled out of the woods into a large clearing.

Ran would find herself on a small patch of grass, a dozen yards in front of her is a sizable lake that sprawled off towards the north. She stood on the southern shore of the lake, and she figured it was at least several hundred feet long and about that wide at it's fattest point. A river about forty feet wide crawled off further east from where she stood, likely where the town Ull was. The scene was quite peaceful, with the clear blue waters sparkling in the sun. After a few moment's her heightened senses noticed something was off about the clear waters. There was a strange slight purplish hue to the water and she could spy thin swirls of some sort of purple substance swirling near the bottom of the lake. The water almost much too sweet, though it may have been unnoticeable if it wasn't for her fox like smelling.

Logos

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for disappearing for a while. Technical issues have been causing difficulties... .

Pretty sure that's a slime.

As I stepped closer to the water, several things seemed rather off about it. It was just different from the last river I had seen. Too sweet smelling, and there was some kind of purple gunk in it. Maybe someone dropped something?

At the same time, it didn't seem precisely dangerous. As I sat by the river and dipped my feet in, oh that felt good, I contemplated where to go next.

I could just follow the river from here, and I'd probably hit a town. People seemed to like building towns by rivers for some reason. Or I could cross it... downstream has lighter forests, so I'd head that way.

OP
Rathuris

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rolls
Resistance check
45 vs 35 = Pass

As Ran dipped her feet into the water, she felt some sort of magic at work. A tingle of pleasure running up her spine as the water touched her skin. Pulling her foot out she could see that the purple swirls was everywhere in the lake and seemed to be coming from upstream from the river the crawled off to the east. Something was in the water here and as she glanced about she could see that it had taken effect of some of the plant life. Turning flowers and leaves to have a faint reddish or purplish tint to them. She could also hear or see no signs of animals or fish within the water.

She could see no way to cross the lake without spending at least several hours hiking through the woods going around it. She could also see no signs of a bridge over the river heading east, but she gauged the river was only about waist deep and could be forded if she wanted to expose herself to whatever was in the water.