OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A Greater Mystery (Keylo)

Enigmas Status: HP = 45, P = 46, EP = 85

(Should have been clearer, the fountain was on the city side nestled in the stalls. The bridge would take you out of town.)

Approaching the fountain, Enigma looks down into a pool of seemingly clear water, which was being constantly drained and replaced since the fountain was still active. As far as she could tell, the area looked clear of anything that might attack them, and the water within the fountain would serve her purposes adequately.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

((Ah well, tis fine.))

Pleased with her discovery of the fountain, as well as that of a means of leaving the town when the time came to depart, Enigma would appear to be in a good mood when she opted to halt her advance, happy with how things were going her way.

"Righto~ Seems like a good place to stop. Come a bit closer dear so I can secure the perimeter real fast~"

Knowing that discretion was the better part of valor, Enigma would opt to create a semi-enclosed space around herself, her pet, and the fountain. Erecting a circular stone wall of moderate height (about 5-6 feet tall) around a ten foot radius centered on the fountain, the necromancer would opt to make sure there was something between her and any potential "wanderers" while she attended to her business. Although she had not seen anything in the vicinity at the present, none knew if that would remain the same while she cleaned herself.

"And a barrier to keep away any potential ruffians...perfect~. Pet, be a dear and watch my things while I wash please?"

Disrobing only after she had secured her surroundings, the elf would then proceed to walk over to the fountain and set about washing herself had intended...taking her sweet time, without much of a care or worry. Should nothing happen before she finished, the elf would then dress herself, collapse the wall she had erected, and begin looking around the area...for any interesting odds and ends that might have been left in the stalls, or spared from looters.

((Action: Erect wall, bathe. If nothing happens, dress, dismantle wall, search area.))

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Enigma finds that the only readily available material for her wall is dirt, as any extraction of pure stone would cause the entire area to fall apart. What's more, when she stretches out with her magical senses, she notices that just beneath her feet is only about a foot and a half of ground, with a catacomb of what seem to be pathways beneath her that stretch out as far as she can sense. Still, a dirt wall is almost as good as a stone one in the short term, so she quickly brings it up, and Lanai waits next to her as she disrobes and cleans herself. The water is crisp and cold, but not unbearably so, and Enigma finds the white stone down her front gone within moments after she enters the water.

Once she was finished, she came out of the fountain and donned her black robe once more. As she stepped out of the fountain, Enigma thought she felt something..... Strange, coming toward them, but she couldn't catch the feeling again, and after a few moments forgot about it. "Where are we off to now, mistress?" Lanai said, as Enigma finished getting dressed. Then, as she is about to reply to her pets question, Enigma drops the wall, letting it collapse to the ground, to find herself staring at a man that was at least eight feet tall, armed, and garbed completely in black.

His face was covered by a black mask, including reflective surfaces at the eyes that hid a bright red gleam. A wide brimmed hat sat on his head that hid any hair that he might have had, and a long black coat curled around his body, falling to just past his knees. His trousers and boots were also pitch black, as was his shirt except for the red skull, wreathed in flames, that stood out on his chest. His hands were covered in gauntlets that looked as though they'd been burnt black, though the shine of the metal stood out plainly. His left hand rested on the handle of a sword that her wore on his side, protected by a battered looking green scabbard, the only other piece of color on him besides the coat of arms on his chest. "Hello, necromancer;" He said, and to Enigma his voice sounded like two mountains grinding against one another.

(The dice gods have decided to entertain us today!)

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

((Yes indeed...yes indeed...))

"Hmmm, where indeed? Do suppose we could go for a little hunt-"

Enigma would cut her words short as her wall fell away to reveal an unexpected sight. A towering masked man, garbed in pitch black...who had somehow manages to escape the necromancer's detection, one way or the other. Albeit, an armed masked man with his weapon at hand already...meaning that he was prepared for a fight, should one break out...

...which, provided talks went smoothly, it wouldn't. Hopefully at least, in Enigma's mind. Having wasted a good deal of her energy and time the previous day, time and energy better spent experimenting than a squabble with some plant creatures, it was the elf's dearest wish that the meeting would resolve peacefully. Or at least, in a manner that wouldn't involve her being forced to rest once again.

"Good day there masked one. May I help you?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The masked figure turn its head toward Enigma as she addressed him, and he replied; "Perhaps. It seems we are at a conflict of interests, however. I'd like to kill your pet here, you see, and I believe you might take offense to that." At his words, Lanai paled visibly, and turned to her mistress with a look of hope. She also kept edging away from the masked figure, whoever he was.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

As per the masked men's expectations, Enigma would indeed be displeased with such a notion, although not show any offense...yet.

"And why would you want to do that? Killing without provocation is such barbarism. Have you nothing more important then attacking simple house pets?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"There is a difference between provocation and reason. Killing without provocation may be barbaric, but killing without reason is meaningless. I happen to have a reason for your demons death. And she is far more than a simple house pet. How you managed to enslave a demon lord is, at this moment, beyond me, but it hardly matters. It may have information that I want, information that no amount of coercion could extract without permanent damage. It may know where I can find the demons deity, you see, and I very much would like to kill and eat said being."

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

To meet a being that desired to devour a god was truly an... interesting experience for Enigma, if not a nostalgic one. For she too once thought of performing such an action, under the belief that doing so would grant her all the infinite power of one, by which she may use to obtain her "perfect understanding" of everything. A notion and fancy that she had long abandoned after having failed to hear successful attempts...but now began to return, after hearing the one before her speak. It was possible for a demon lord to know of where a god was! That much she had learned today! This meant that should she want to reach out and devour the god...all she would have to do would be to gather some more power and...

"You are a predator as well then!~ Excellent!~. How many have you devoured to ascend to the degree of power you have today? Did you walk the path of the devourer from the beginning? Or come upon it later? Dragons, a... hellfang, a monolith of the elements? Have you consumed those? I've only been consuming lesser things of late really, a bit of greenery here and there, the occasional ruffian...small morsels really. Interesting how similar we are really though, fascinating even, given how rare our type is. Perhaps we could possibly exchange experiences some time? It would be ever so interesting. With that said however...I must, simply must, insist that you find your own prey dear."

...find another demon to consume, that wasn't her precious pet, as a telltale flare of power might imply. Dropping the niceties, it was here that Enigma would opt to make her stance quite clear.

"For from what I gather, you are one of considerable power already. Surely it would not be unreasonable for you to find another...demon lord is it? Elsewhere. That would seem to be a much more satisfactory solution, rather than having both of us waste precious energy on a needless dispute of course. After all, would thou enter the house of a friend, and butcher his dog for sustenance? Seems rather distasteful no? A civilized being, regardless of how great their hunger may be, would ask for nourishment politely, or if desirous of specialized game...ask for company on a hunt, rather than perform such a savage action. If thou wishes to make a request of a fellow devourer in the acquisition of a demon Lord, I would happily comply. However dear, I draw the line at having the pet I've taken a liking to butchered so. And really, I'd rather not there be bad blood between those whose goals are ever so similar."

Aura spreading out just enough to encompass the ground, and perhaps the surrounding air around a small circular space in which she and her familiar were, it was quite clear that...although Enigma had doubt as to her chances of victory, she would not take kindly to any hostile action made, towards her, or the demon she had taken on as pet...perhaps soon, familiar. Should any action be taken however that would cause the break out of a fight, her first step would be to exploit the fragility of the ground she stood, shattering its foundations with a reverberation of power...and collapse this section of the old town.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The daemon waits for her to finish speaking completely before responding; "All three and more. It is irrelevant. As powerful as you may be, necromancer, I would advise against attempting to defend your pet. I would not hesitate to kill you, given reason, and I can fly, so your plan to collapse the ground would only inhibit your mobility. And your pet might have information that other demon lords do not. All the others I have found did not posses what I require. Were I to find what I seek, I could end the threat of the demons now and forever. I find that, in this case, the ends justify the means, however impolite they may be."

"Also, I would remind that, while our goals may be similar, they do not necessarily make us allies. Some might say that they are mutually exclusive. However, if your pet would be willing to tell me what I want to know, I could be on my way."

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

A grimace, as strange as it was for her, would cross Enigma's face at the Daemon's words; knowing fully well that he possessed the power to carry out his threats. Yet...her personal code, as well as her own interests, demanded that she not forfeit back down in defending that which she had deemed pet. For one of her personal "oaths" or rather... sets of rules she had defined for herself to ensure that she remained "herself" when devouring souls of greater magnitude, promised that she would be benevolent to "pets" that showed loyalty and obedience to her. Lanai, having demonstrated such, was no exception.

"The friend of mine enemy is my friend, in most cases. Although I suppose that does not apply in our present confrontation... I will not question why you believe demons to be a threat, when I can see them as nothing more than a fascinating species to be studied. For I can infer already, that the answer will bring us to an unfavorable clash of "ideals". Do pray tell though, what drives thou to think that mine pet is different than other demon... "lords"?"

...Regardless of his answer though, Enigma would most likely cut him short following, as she waves her staff towards her pet...a test of loyalty.

"Dear, hold not thy tongue and tell this...charming person what thou knows. No need to hide anything, even if fear of your peers would normally hold thou back. Rather, speak freely...for it is doubtful that any other demon will hold power over you in this one's current presence."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Apparently knowing that Enigma would inevitably interrupt him, the daemon simply crossed his arms and waited, ruining her moment somewhat, until he quickly said; "Her aura suggests age beyond most of the fledglings that have come here. And I kill demons because they killed me, it is as simple as that."

Then, when she gave Lanai her command, Enigma saw that her pet was quite literally quaking, stark terror evident on her features, which was far more than the daemons almost comically overdone appearance would warrant, particularly from the demoness. She gulped, stepped back from the daemon, and said; "I can tell you. Just get it over with."

Then, the daemon nodded, and some sort of silent communication seemed to pass between the two, of which Enigma was only vaguely aware, despite her own impressive powers. It lasted only a second, after which the daemon simply vanished, leaving Enigma alone with her pet, standing next to the fountain at the edge of the demon-infested village. Lanai promptly collapsed into a heap onto the ground, her ample chest heaving as though she had just exerted herself greatly, and she laid there for several moments regardless of any attempts Enigma might make to communicate with her, until she seemed to recover and quickly said; "My mistress...... We need to leave this place. Something horrible is about to happen, and I cannot be close enough to witness it."

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

It was almost disappointing to Enigma, who had perhaps hoped to glean on some of the finer details of what Lanai knew while she was communicating with the daemon, as to how swift and abrupt the exchange of information was. Although talented in the necromantic arts and what some deemed as "soul magic", the high elf had yet to become a mind reader...however handy such a skill would be. Yet...grudgingly grateful at how "well" the situation had resolved, especially considering that the alternative was a battle with a demi god-like entity, the heterochromatic-eyed elf, would say nothing...well, at least until her pet suddenly expressed an interest to leave. To which she would protest at first, until...well...a certain understanding graced her... Whether it be from between the foreboding "whispers" of a future disaster her honed spiritual sense had begun to detect...or that she had suddenly thought to put a wrathful daemon deity with a demon god...not a pleasant thought in the least.

"Leave dear? Why would I possibly-...no, you're right Lanai dear...let us depart. I have experiments to run...and there is research to be done...on people who are still alive...Or rather, people who will remain alive. Knowledge waits for none after all! That and the soul of a demon lord seems to stand out like a sore thumb anyway. Need to do something about that before field research can continue, given that discretion is the better part of valor."

A smile emerging on the elf's face once more, as she threw the hood of her cloak on once again, it would be then that Enigma made ready to depart from the town, motioning for her pet to follow.

"Come dear, let us be off. There is much we must do after all~ We'll pick up a snack for you on the way home."

Once the elf was back on the road, with her pet in tow...it would be then that Enigma, rare as it was...began to actually...sing. A strange little tune, that perhaps originated from some maddened artificial construct...or something of that nature anyway.

"This was a triumph...I'm making a note here, huge success...."