OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A Knights Tale (Feris)

Mirunas Status: HP = 40, P = 30, EP = 30

The gruff whom she'd asked, a large warrior with his fur beginning to gray in some areas showing his age, turned away from the blade he'd been sharpening and replied; "In the grove, that way, do the leaders plan." He then pointed behind him toward a stand of trees that obscured anything beyond them.

Feris

Lurker
Reputation score

Miruna nodded and bowed to the warrior as she approached the grove taking a deep breath mentally preparing herself for the small trial to come as she tried to enter the grove as no doubt there were probable guard to stop her advance she would explain.

"I'am Miruna Feltanom a Knight of the Order and daughter of the Feltanom family who serve the house of Acacia I wish to merely introduce myself to your leaders and seek to pledge myself to your noble cause." She would say to the guards and if allowed to enter she would begin the same though instead of the part of explanation it would go.

" I'am Miruna Feltanom a Knight of the Order and daughter of the Feltanom family who serve the house of Acacia I have come from a nearby village decimated by this demon infestation I wish to join your mission to exterminate these dark lords I wish pledge my sword and self to thy's cause of liberation of this blighted place." She would say.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There were no guards around the grove, the Fey apparently not concerned about assassins since the most powerful members of their group were their leaders anyway. Stepping in, Miruna found herself in a small clearing, perhaps thirt feet in diameter, with a stone table in the center. Seated or standing around the table were nine people, four and two women men in heavy armor with weapons at their sides, two gruffs wearing long robes and holding staffs, and seated on an earthen chair with his feet casually sitting on the table was Matthias. The daemon turned his head toward her as she entered and nods boredly, apparently bearing no ill will from her attack on him earlier. The Fey Lords and Ladies look up at her as she enters, and one gasps in recognition.

"You! I recognize you! You have served us in the past, as a guard and a soldier. Have you come to do so again, mortal?" A man says, and glancing at him, Miruna does indeed recognize him from her time in the Fey courts, though she'd never spoken to him or heard his name.

Feris

Lurker
Reputation score

As Miruna lifted up her head she wondered if her eyes were deceiving her for the Daemon she had attempted to kill was among the highest of the people she so admired she desperately wanted to pull out her weapon and plunge it into his dark carcass yet as it appeared the whole council of Fey Lords seemed to accept him and such an act would no doubt ruin her newfound relations with them.

She grinded her teeth a bit angered at this sudden realization that this creature clearly was far more than anything she'd probable battle in her struggle an utterly powerful being that can not only kill her in one blow but also mingle amongst her allies it was a truly troublesome enemy. If he wished he could've probable expelled her from the council right then an there but he remained silent during her introduction and said nothing.

However her attention was drawn to a Fey whom recognized her this was quite troubling she had left her families service due to her own problems in dealing with the Fey though it wasn't serious it was the fact that it could become somewhat of a hazard later on. She merely nodded at the Fey and answered.

"I merely have come here for the sake of those within my order I represent but I have not forgotten my previous oath I will honor it if my high lord will have me in thy's service." She spoke to him as she got on her knee's to swear fealty to his cause if he accepted her. 'This could be a problem...Though I knew most of the Fey nobles within Acacia roots it's hard to remember this ones name so I know next to nothing of what he truly is. Yet that's not the worst of it I just hope I can retain my dignity among them... Miruna worried secretly of her fetish for the Fey that she tried to keep under ropes for so long.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Fey comes forward, moving around the table to stand before her, and replies; "We would be glad of your assistance mortal. I knew thee little, but I remember tales of your unflinching and exemplary service to us in the past. I, on behalf of the Highborn, accept your oath of service until the demons are vanquished from the world."

(Gain 2 exp.)

Feris

Lurker
Reputation score

"Thank you milord I couldn't be happier." She stated slowly bowing her head forward she then rose once her loyalty had been accepted she then bowed standing to the others. "If you'll excuse me i'll await whatever orders you deem to task me with milord's, ladies I bid thee a fond farewell." She stated making her exit from the grove though when she exited a dark scowl appeared on her face.

'Are they blind to his presence or do they deem his help necessary I must do something but since he is among the lords there's little I can offer that he can provide damn you Mattias how many pawns are you playing to bring into your little war!' She thought as she shrugged away going to the army that her lord was commanding the emblem on the flag made it quite easily spottable yet there weren't any humans among only fey like the other camps yet that did not dissuade to seek comfort in a nearby fire awaiting her lords return from the war council and hopefully a mission for her.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The man nods to her as she rises, apparently content with allowing her to leave. As she is about to leave, Matthias speaks for the first time since she'd entered, though he retains his relaxed pose; "Wait."

The Fey all turn their eyes on him, wondering what he wanted with the human who'd come to them. "Would the lot of you tell her that I am not some foul creature crawled from the netherworld to cause trouble? She has this absurd idea in her head that I a started the war against the demons, and that all of this mess is somehow miraculously my fault. She even attacked me over it a few hours ago." He says, his voice the same calm and emotionless sound that she remembered.

The Fey lords turned toward, some of them nodding, others just looking confused. The knight who had recognized her said; "You attacked him and survived? You must be very lucky. That, or he likes you. What he says is true though, Matthias is no friend of the dark ones, and in fact had he not intervened last time they attack, our world would likely have been taken by the foul creatures. He is not responsible for the demons attack, as we know who is. In fact, we would have you hunt them down and bring them to us."

Feris

Lurker
Reputation score

Just as she was about to depart the council the Daemon she loathed spoke up encouraging the whole of the council to convince her about her misguided view of him yet all she could do while in the presence of her lord was silently take the advice though her expression showed a bit disdain.

"Milord...I understand I will seek his pardon then." She hadn't suspected the Fey lords to trust Matthias so faithfully she knew if she spoke out she would lose against him though it pained her to admit. She turned toward Matthias and postured herself before him.

"I...I apologize for my previous outburst and assault will you forgive myself and thy lord for insult upon thee?" She asked knowing any insult wasn't hers alone anymore since she had been reunited with her family she didn't the lord of the Fey clan to humiliated in this council so she swallowed her pride and asked for forgiveness.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Matthias quietly says; "I do not seek an apology, only that you see that I am not your enemy in this. I have already forgiven your earlier assault, as you were acting on your beliefs. Not many mortals have such convictions or strength of character. Or immortals, for that matter." Some of the Fey glared at him for that, though both of the gruffs chuckled quietly from their corner of the table. He seems to be satisfied with the arrangement, at least for the moment.

Feris

Lurker
Reputation score

Miruna nodded seeing how he accepted her apology or merely passed it off as it was not needed with him. 'If that was your feelings then why did you say anything!' She wanted to bark at him but kept her mouth quiet for the time being as the cause she was fighting for forced such arrangements though when they had won she worried that the Fey would want him to stay when she intended to banish him if he tried.

'My life is riddled with complication...Brothers and sisters forgive my weakness but for the time being I must be patient.' She thought lastly as she arose from her kneeling position. "Then I'll return to my masters camp if you have need of me ask my lord permission first if that will be all..." She stated as she started to turn, departing the council if the Daemon had nothing more he wished of her.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Matthias made no comment, and Miruna took that as a yes. As she headed back into the camp, Miruna saw that the Fey were gathering around oneo f the streets in battle formation. She wondered what was going on, as the harsh grunts and strange cries of the Fey warriors were still difficult for her to understand. Other warriors remained at their posts or recreation, however, and suggesting that whatever was going on wasn't an all-out attack on the camp.

Feris

Lurker
Reputation score

Seeing the looks on everyone's faces followed by seemingly stationary people it didn't seem like any attack was coming or going. 'Perhaps their just being cautious however remaining her while the threat grows is quite irrating and knowing that Daemon is around further infuriates my rage what can milord be thinking trusting such an enigma! He will either be our end or our friend whichever it is I must be ready for him...' She states awaiting near her lords tent for his return or any messenger with orders for her.

(Wait)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The commotion lasts for a while, and eventually the lord from before came out of the meeting grove. He proceeded straight toward her, and bows lightly before he begins speaking; "Greetings. As I said before, we would have you hunt the leader of a group of mortals who aided the demons in coming to our world. We know that she remains in the city, and that she is somewhere among the tunnels beneath it. Matthias himself recommended you for this task. If she is defeated and returned here, she might be able to tell us more of the demons plans and of their leader."

He stops speaking, as if waiting for her to reply.

Feris

Lurker
Reputation score

Miruna nodded putting her right to her left shoulder fisted. "She will be brought to you in chains my lord, though when I return if milord doesn't mind it I wish to discuss about this friend of yours Matthias in private." She asked before she'd depart whether his answer was a yes or no her duty to him would not waver and would see the task done.

(Depart for town after reply.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He nods in reply, and then replies; "There is a way into the tunnels in the basement of a nearby house. You may likely return here through the same tunnels, though we have no knowledge of their layout. Good luck, lady knight." He points to one of the houses on the edge of the encampment, a green painted two story affair with most of the windows intact but the door hanging on one hinge ready to fall off.

Feris

Lurker
Reputation score

Miruna pushed the door open slowly expecting the place abandoned or perhaps occupied by those she was sworn to defeat. After entering she starred into the blackness for a bit veering her head from left to right examine the living room of the house before attempting to access the basement of the house.

(Examine Living Room if nothing encountered attempt to find basement)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The living room was torn apart, but empty of any threats. Miruna decided that it would be best to move on rather than waste time searching a place right next to the Fey camp for threats, and looked for a door to the basement. She eventually finds a door to a set of stairs going down, but it is pitch black down there, and Miruna knew that she'd likely get lost or fall off a ledge if she went down there blindly.

Feris

Lurker
Reputation score

Noticing her destination was rather a difficult one visually Miruna took steps backwards from the blackness and back into the house trying to find a small lantern of some sort if she couldn't find something to light her path she would make a makeshift torch from the wood from the house itself.

(Try to find a light source or make a makeshift torch then proceed into basement.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rooting around the house briefly for a light source, Miruna eventually ties a rag to the leg of a chair, douses it in oil, and sets it alight, creating a primitive torch. She makes sure to pack a spare, in case she was down there for longer than the torch lasted. She was now prepared to enter the labyrinth of tunnels beneath the city in search of the one the Fey had sent to attack her, the leader of the demon worshiping cult.

Feris

Lurker
Reputation score

The preparation was at last finished and now Miruna was prepared to face whatever awaited her down below in the darkness. Once she stepped into the dark she would create the flames needed for illuminate the path before her with a deep gulp she plunged herself into what seemed to be a maze of some sort.

(Enter Labyrinth and Use 1st Torch.)