What's new

A Pirate's (Un)Life for me! (Rovana)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A Pirate's (Un)Life for me! (Rovana)

Ludmilla
Red Dawn

Ludmilla's dark eyes softened, the vampiric glow fading, leaving just her natural brown irises to regard Rovana as the other spoke flowery words of encouragement and sympathy.

"So you don't mind me as I am? This creature of the night? You truly want me to hunger for you... like this?"

She bared her fangs and ran her pink tongue along her incisors.

"If that is the case, then I will indulge my dark lusts for you. But to truly be released from my Master and unlock the full majesty of my powers, I must drink Strahd's blood, straight from his body. But he can with a thought forbid me from doing this, as easily as a mortal may withhold an invitation. So you see... it is a difficult proposition. To my knowledge, Strahd has never granted such a boon - though all of his minions long for it. In truth, I doubt the master would ever accept another true vampire in his realm."

Ludmilla gripped the pirate's body, nuzzling close against her skin, possessively.

"We will find this gem together. I sense its importance. The gem and the chest were taken. When we are done, I can take you to the ambush site, if you wish. But only when we are done... I do not want to waste this short time with you.~"

The vampiress proceeded to undress and then lick her lover's lower lips, dragging her cool appendage across the wet slit and then inserting it deep into the crevice to coat the inner walls with her saliva.

"You feel it, my love? I am cleaning you. There is nothing that your dark mistress cannot cleanse. I will lick you and make you nice and wet and prepared only for me. You will be mine completely. And once you are fully clean..."

She paused and licked again, diligently, until Rovana was mewling and twisting and undulating under her ministration. Only then did she stop and nod in lustful approval as Rovana bared her neck.

"I felt your danger, my sweet. The connection of the dark kiss goes both ways. I willed you to be safe, to keep your mind, so that you would belong to me. I needed your acceptance, and of course, you gave it. So there must be a reward.~ I will fill you with this lust again. This second kiss will make you even more lost to me, but fear not, for it is to me alone that your adoration will belong."

With that, she slipped up beside the naked Rovana and clung to her tightly as she parted her lips and sank her fangs deeply into the pirate's neck. This time, Rovana barely felt the pain of the insertion - instead, it seemed overwhelmingly pleasurable, even moreso than before. The power of the Dark Kiss grew in its strength, and even as some of the pirate's life force left her, she felt her bond with Ludmilla grow.

[-4 Penalty to resisting charm effects from Ludmilla (Semi Permanent). +2 to resist other charm effects that are based on seduction from anyone else, so long as the Dark Kiss is renewed each night.]

[Rovana takes 5 damage to her Max HP.]

This left Rovana weak, but still conscious. She saw Ludmilla withdraw her fangs, lick her bloody lips, and then spend the next two minutes simply holding and caressing Rovana against her, kissing her softly. Then she lay the pirate down upon the bed, splayed out, and regarded her curves, as though memorizing the shape of her pale body. Eventually satisfied, she took Rovana's garments and steadily redressed her, even strapping the leather armor onto her with expertise.

"Let us go to your helm then, captain." She lifted Rovana easily in her arms and brought her out of the cabin and up onto the top of the ship's upper deck, where the helm was situated. Steadily she put Rovana onto her feet and then stood behind her, pressing her chest against the pirate's back and wrapping her arms around her on either side.

"The gem first? Or this thing you want to show me? By the way, I would recommend not bringing me to the skull of Argynvost. Strahd would certainly interfere, either through me, or personally. Something that was so near to my quest as a mortal would draw his attention if I were to approach it."

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
The Red Dawn

Rovana nodded, with a mixture of shyness, acceptance.. and arousal. "You can be better than what you are.. but not different. I've learned more about what you are, yet, I fear it not. Accept your dark curse as not that, but a blessing. Fire is powerful and intimidating, it can consume and hurt and burn the living, yet it can warm and protect the freezing, if properly controlled can it not? You could kill me, enslave me, enthrall me into your servitude with ease, yet you did not."

She continued, trying to encourage her lover.. then.. her stomach grumbled, and she blushed.. "Sorry.. errr.. before you drink from me I really need to.."
Rolled a 1 persuasion there, felt like rpying it out proper distractedly! :p

She opened up her backpack, wolfing down a travel ration, seeming emberassed but, now, that she was relaxed, talking with Ludmilla, she actually realized the needs of her body first and foremoest, meanwhile, she listened on, looking at Ludmilla licking her long teeth, biting her lips, clearing her throat, and nodding, with determination.

"I pretend to fear nothing, and truly.. I don't, I force myself to overcome my fears, and fight on but with you.. if I were to fear a thing it'd be you .. not indulging yourself with me.. it.. it feels good. not just because of the dark kisses influence, no.. because.. you make me feel helpless, but.. .. good.
Is there something that could.. force.. motivate Strahd to allow you to become a true vampire? Argynvosts rest could unbind you from his will, but you'd still be a thrall, in a way, would you not?"
Rovana inquired, rubbing her chin, but blushing when she felt Ludmilla pull her close, closing her eyes and cooing lustfully.

"When we are done then, but if the creatures have taken into to the lake, I know where it might have been brought. Let us not waste time following a cold trail." She nodded, then added.. "If our wishes could come true, we have an eternity to spent, but even if I knew this for certain, I'd feel the same as you right now.. ugh.. you make me all poetic, my beloved, I blame the cloak." She winked, with a cheerful expression Ludmilla hadn't really seen on the pirate.

"Aaaaah.. w.. oooh....." Rovanas.. elloquency was quickly taken in by Ludmillas touch, as she tried to lean back upon the shi.. her ships beautiful bed, for her own and her lovers comfort.

"TH.. thank you... I'm.. ooh I don't deserve.. ooh please keep cleansing me.. oooh .love.. only for you.." she repeated and cooed, her legs parting willingly.

"Haaah.. ooh yes, .. m.. my mistress... .." Rovana hesitated, then blushed, realizing what she had called Ludmilla, blushing and looking at her, though, she did not expect all too bad a reaction to this.."T.. the only reason I'd struggle against you would be to feel the sweetness of losing myself to you all the deeper.. but let us save that for whence.. haaahnnn... your beautiful, noble spirit is free to embrace your vampiric desires without anyone tainting your true self." She moaned out, writhing upon the bed.

"Ahnnn.. ooohhh yeeeesss.." She moaned out, her body quivering, soft and yielding under the kiss, her arms barely having the strength to reach up and hold onto Ludmilla, though, when they did, they held close, letting, no, wanting Ludmilla to drink from her, embracing, rather than fighting the dark blessing her bite could bestow upon Rovana. The piratess was still lying there, quivering lustfully as she looked up at Ludmillas bloodied lips with submissive arousal, her body teethering at the edge of a climax, before rubbing herself slightly against the body before her, tensing, moaning.. and giving in, physically, emotionally.. and sexually.. she felt.. a bit weakened, sure, but not the wearyness of.. whatever Wachter had done to her, the ecstasy of giving to her dark mistress.. She looked at Ludmilla, lifting a pale hand to her dark cheek and couldn't hide a bit more of her arousal at the beauty of this difference in itself.

"Haah.. thank you.. my love." she smiled, under the caressing, letting herself be dressed, nuzzling up to the vampiress holding and carrying her, exhaling with a lustful, content smile in her strong lovers arms.

"I understand, my love. Though, I will admit I wish you had devoted yourself to a quest with something a little.. lighter. I doubt any normal human has the strength to carry that skull more than a few feet.. worries for later." She nodded, quite enjoying being held in a somewhat caring, somewhat helpless fashion, then once lead down, smiling with Ludmilla leaning against her. "The gem and what I wish to show you are one and the same.. it is a complicated story and I kept much of it a mystery, I still will, to ensure Strahd doesn't quite know my strengths and limits, should he question you for them." She exhaled.. it was strange.. lying to her love, but lying for both of them.. lying by omission that was.

"As you know, I'm not that easy to keep dead. You notice Joe is not with me, in a moment of danger under Wachter.. do I even want to know how I .. was delivered to you?" She cleared her throat.

"Either way. The brief version. Years ago, I drowned at sea. I made it out in the end, and I found.. my blade." She drew it, her eyes getting a dangerous sheen for a moment, as she reached for the ships wheel.. touching it, like a precious gem for a moment, before gripping it, with an inner strength she hadn't displayed before, and a determined smile.

"A sword that lured me here, but also fulfilled my wished, to rule the waves. Downside.. its linked to an ancient evil, something just as bad, if not worse than Strahd, upside.. this blade, incomplete as it is, already can influence the sea itself." She lowered it, then extended it again, creating a gust of wind, and at the same time, twirling the wheel, commanding the ship to prepare, to set sail... considering the torn masts, it would do so even without a crew.. if inefficently, Rovana hoped. A gust of wind encouraging the sails, then, with another thrusting of her blade, downards, the waters before the ship became just a little more yielding, parting onwards.

"Power.. has a price. I have learned. My price, I pay it by being here but.. seeing how it brought me to you, I begrudge it little now, my love..
But another price, is.. a great evil is linked to this blade. The strange occurances around this lake are all linked to it. The gem.. this creature wants, it needs this gem. It must not have it. This will be harder without Joe but, perhaps the blade itself can help guide me. I hope.. it yearns for completion. Ludmilla, for my sake, even for the Counts sake, I need to take this gem from whoever stole it, and take it fast. And I have a feeling that if not on this lake, they will be close."
With that, Rovana Rested her cutlass (dull edge first of course) upon the Red Dawns steering wheel, closing her eyes, like a wishing rod, trusting in the blade to perhaps nudge her shipe upon the right course. "My love, your eyes are sharper at night, could you climb upon the crows nest.. err.. the lookout on top? Warn me if there is danger in the water, or we steer towards the shore after all. Worst case, we shall end up where the chest was stolen..."

Deception roll of.. 16.. If you consider it necessary. Ludmilla could propably tell Rovana is not telling her all of it, but.. thats part of the plan! ^^

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ludmilla Vilisevic
Red Dawn

"Mmm, I don't claim to know how the spirit of Argynvost could help me, only that it was my personal goal in life to see it returned to his grave. And I certainly don't know the mind of Strahd. If he were willing to make a deal, you would have to have something very important to him to make a trade."

Sometime later... after Ludmilla had partaken of the Dark Kiss with the captain, she stood behind Rovana at the helm of the great and mysterious ship with red sails aglow in the light of lanterns, lit by some unknown source.

"Were I to move something that large, I would invest in a wagon," Ludmilla said in response to the need to move the skull. "And perhaps find a companion who is either quite strong or knows a spell that could hold and manipulate a great weight."

She then listened intently and nodded at Rovana's tale about the blade and the gem.

"Watery evil. Gem and blade are linked to it. Very well. It all amounts to the same thing - getting the gem."

She left Rovana's side and leaped up the cargo net, climbing deftly to the top of the crow's nest, a good 60 feet up above the deck and even further up from the lake below.

Rovana meanwhile stood at the wheel, feeling slightly light-headed from the effects of the Dark Kiss and now had to fully support herself upright. Still, she managed to fight through it, and with her sword drawn, she tried to concentrate and see if the sword would guide her somehow. At first, it didn't seem to be working, but after about twenty awkward seconds, she got an inkling in her mind, a whisper of a suggestion to look north to the far shore. The fog was draped across it in heavy wisps, but as she stared, she saw for a moment the fog part and... what seemed like a brightly lit window of a residence upon the mountainside appear briefly before being blanketed again.

Another inkling she had was to move the ship towards the center of the lake and beyond it, north and west for about half a mile, to a place on the opposite side of the lake where the mist was so thick and pervasive that no shoreline could be made out. In both directions, Rovana sensed danger, but the first direction, with the lit window, seemed more... encouraging somehow. It was difficult to describe the feelings she was getting, other than to call them a strong gut instinct.

No cry of alarm came from the crow's nest, regardless of her chosen direction, unless she attempted to drive the ship entirely into the shore.

Additionally, as Rovana looked over the ship's wheel, she noticed by her her side, a great lever on her right that had been built so that it jutted out of the deck. The rod was carved to represent the shape of a female, and it was currently positioned in a vertical position, but looked as though it might be able to be pulled back or pushed forward. As for the detail of the lever, tt was a composite art piece of wood and metal, depicting a winged humanoid woman holding a curved cutlass and a coil of rope in either hand. Oddly, she possessed the feet of a hawk and she was wearing a turban, as though she came from one of those deserty cities to the far south in Rovana's home continent of Cerilia, where people's skin was very much like Ludmilla's and they all wore silks and veils and rode animals called... camels? Anyway - the female creature seemed to look like someone from that ethnic group, though obviously, she was not a human.

Instinctively, Rovana knew that the ship could use this lever to dive beneath the waves. But where and how that would take her, she didn't know.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
The Red Dawn

"Namely, Ireena." She nodded while considering deals with Strahd. "But I trade with riches, treasures and threats. Not people." She said, with calm determination.

"Well, I had such a companion, almost as strong as you.." She build in a hint of flirting in her response, then went on: "But my shadow, the same Strahd took, lovely thing that, stabbed him. Pretty sure he was the trapped werewolf opposition leader you told me about, took the liberty of liberating him while I was temporarily deceased.. and a wagon is out of the question, the roads alone are problematic enough and.. without sharing where the skull is in case Strahd were to ask you, its not on one of the roads either." She nodded, and sighed. "My best hope is to restore my blades true power and that it can help in moving a skull as it can move the wind and waves." She admitted.

She observed Ludmillas climbing, though, if the same looked back, pretended to not have been peeking at that shapely bottom at all. She felt a bit woozy standing on her own after.. two days of propably not getting apropriate rest and the wonderful, gentle.. lifedraining kiss. Ludmillas slender climbing had nothing to do with it, this time.

Rovana focused, curious upon the light she saw in the distance, and trusting her gut..

"Perhaps the gem has been stolen by someone other than Dagon though.. that'd be a good thing." She mused to herself, caressing a hand along the strange leaver for a moment. "Can you see past the mists, Ludmilla? I'm afraid the creature might be hiding there, so it may well be too dangerous to get close just to take a look." She considered, caressing along the leaver curiously.

"First, the gem." She decided, pulling on the wheel only slightly, steering it towards the direct north, shouting up.

"Me love, look out to por.. the left side of the ship, shout thee warning if there be anything closing in upon us. There, northwest of Lake Zarovich, I feel.. danger. But for now, we shall sail ahead. I'd rather not do this without a crew to man the mainmast and arm the.. harpoons?" She nodded, briefly wondering what weaponry this ship might have, before drawing her blade, thrusting it forward, towards the hole filled sails, creating a gust of wind, while at the same time mentally commanding the ship to hoist its anchor and set sail to the potential estate in the north, a relaxed smile upon her lips as just commanding a ship helped calm her and sort her thoughts. Perhaps I could use Joe to guide Damia to me. If she got the uninterrupted time before they reached shore, Rovana would try to sense Joe. If she reached him, she'd call him to her, either now, or once he awakened in the morning, encouraging him to come slowly.. to allow one that was on foot to keep up. She really owed Damia one, if the Vistana had waited on her for the two days, whilest fending for herself, then again, another Vistani camp had been close, plus, given a noble outfit, Rovana herself would have.. made use of her opportunities in such a city.

If they reached the northern shore without any trouble, Rovana touched the medallion, wondering if the ship could be dismissed and hidden after they left it.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ludmilla
The Red Dawn, Lake Zarovich

"The Master of Ravenloft has power over any shadow that falls upon the stones of his castle. The priests of Krezk once cured the condition from a survivor of the castle." Ludmilla said, referring to the shadow theft.

Later, the vampiress peered through the night with her glowing cat-eyes, but shook her head. It is only mist, flowing in from Mount Baratok. I have never heard of anyone going there. It is too heavy with the mists."

The Red Dawn approached the north side of the lake without trouble, though Rovana had the distinct feeling that this was not the safest place. She tried calling out to Joe, but the familiar was not within 100 feet of her and so out of her range for the clairevoyance to work.

Wolves howled from the woods as the Red Dawn came to a stop near the shore. With the medallion, Rovana felt that she would be able to dismiss and recall the ship from the water. Ludmilla crawled straight down the main mast, head first, using her spider climb abilities, dropping down easily and looking to Rovana.

"What is it that is here?"
She asked, then turned to scan the shore. Rovana looked to where the light had been - hidden in the misty rocks, behind the trees somewhere. As she was peering through the fog, Rovana saw a large brown and dappled grey stag staring at her.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
The Red Dawn

"Mount Baratok, I see.. Something is linking Dagon with the mountains it feels almost. Do you know of any living upon the other mountain?" She looked past the lake.. not seeing it in the light, but, truthfully, she had forgotten the name of the mountain she was supposed to go to, other than 'that mountain beyond Vallaki, not the one with all the mists.

"I err.." She watched at Ludmilla climbing upside down, unsure if this was erotic, or disturbing and not in the mood to pull out a coin to toss, whilest her body settled on both blushing a little and backing off a cautious step. "First, a question, those priests of.. Krze.. Kreszk, you wouldn't happen to know where to find one? Either way.." She smiled to Ludmilla briefly, before entering the lifeboat, nodding for the vampiress to come along, as she commanded it to lower itself into the water, and, once they reached shore, return to the ship.. and dismissing it. Rovana hopped on shore with a determined grin and a dramatic flaring of her cloak, grinning and extending a hand to open to Ludmilla, which she regretted immediatly after, as she swayed slightly, struggling to maintain her balance. Her expression gave away that she most definitly wanted to look strong before her beloved, but also wouldn't mind a helping hand to steady her if they came upon rocky or uneven terrain.

"We could have walked around, but I still feel a bit weak, and a bit of showing off should be allowed, how far away were the Vistani ambushed?" She inquired, then looked ahead at the Stag seeming to watch her. "Behind those foggy trees." She kept her hand upon her re-sheated sword, closing her eyes for a moment, before moving towards those rocks. She shrugged slightly at the Stag if it kept watching. "I don't quite know yet whats there, isn't that exciting?" She grinned, then added.: "Let us go and find out. Meanwhile,.. we've spoken so serious so often, I wonder.. while we wander, can you tell me a bit more about yourself? Have you been born here? I come from a land, far away. I think. Few things here are like home. My home, well, its the sea, so suddenly being here is not so bad, if only there was an ocean to sail. My homeland however... of course not without its own dangers, but.. well, for starters with more sun, less undead. Where I come from, theres tall tales of nobles with divine blood in their veins. I admit, when I was younger, at first I wanted to be like that, until I learned that you had to be born a noble. So instead I wished to be something that those nobles feared, and in my lands, that were the pirates. They didn't care if you were noble or not, they were, .. equal, free. They earned their name rather than having the right parents. I.. don't quite like nobles. So many of them seem decadent, thinking about whom to marry, rather than whom to love, sending others to fight and die for them to claim another forest or two of uninhabitet wildernis on some imaginary borders.. Though a part of me wonders if the Dilisnya families fate is.. eh.. I propably bore you with my ranting." She cleared her throat, emberassed, surveying the area ahead as she walked on.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ludmilla
Lake Zarovich

"Krezk is a town. It's to the west of the valley. It's my home town... was my hometown." Ludmilla added. "The priests were followers of the Morning Lord. I haven't been to see them since my death... for obvious reasons."

As they climbed into the boat and floated to the shoreline under the watchful eye of the stag, Ludmilla listened patiently to Rovana speak about her world, Aebrynis, and her life upon the Great Bay as a pirate from the Zweilund Isles.

"It's not boring. It's enlightening. I enjoy hearing about far away places where outsiders come from. Your land sounds wondrous. But you mustn't hate nobles for being born the way they are. Some of us do earn the title - or die trying to."

They reached the shore, which quickly ascended steeply through a forest mist. With her sword drawn, Rovana felt sure that she was going in the right direction, though her instincts were leading her directly toward the stag. The creature lowered its head, shaking its horns and snorting, then stamping its feet.

And then the stag transformed just as the pair of women stepped onto the shore, taking on the shape of a man in tattered black robes, with a black beard and hair streaked with grey. His eyes glowed with eldritch power.

"SO! You think my powers have grown weak? Think again, undead spawn!"

The man pointed his fingers at Ludmilla and flung a great bolt of flame at her, striking her right in the torso and setting her ablaze. She shrieked, her fangs distending and her features growing more bestial as she gave in to a rage.

[Initiative!]

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Lake Zarovich, Northshore

"Would you like to go to your home town?" Rovana asked careful, even unusually tactful for her.

She considered and nodded.."I know I shouldn't think all nobles are alike, certainly not all pirates are.. Its just.. where I come from, nobles pointlessly kill one another. A pretty lady of common birth will pierce your heart with her eyes, a noble lady with her dagger. Its a whole big mess. But! If you like hearing of other places, I guess I got to tell you some more about the great bay then, you should see the clear sea-water there. This little lake? Hah! Oh and the beaches. We could anchor there, when the moon comes out, to bathe in the still warm water, I'd make sure to massage your every aching muscle with sweetly scented oil and.. eh.. uhm...." She blushed and smiled. "Wait, you said.. us, are you a noble then? You are so.. err.. nice and.. normal.. an.. and I'm not.. I'm quite certain I'm just a simple commoner, my mother an actress, a singer, my father... who knows. All I have from him are my eyes and a sense of adventure mother never shared. Even if I may look a little like the Dilisnyan family, I'm just.. me.

Actually, I've been thinking about the Dilisnya family, it sounds as if they little deserve their fate... do you think they are all dead or gone? If so, who'd put their lineage to rest.. normally it'd be the duty of the ruler of the land buuuut.."
She hesitated a moment, looking down along her blade.

"Wait, hold on, its almost like that Stag is.. what the?" She watched the transformation, her sword pointing up swiftly as the firebolt flew, but rather than attack, she twirled her blade, commanding some of the water from the lake to splash Ludmilla and swiftly extinguish the flames. In the stories, stag-people were usually the good wise forest-deities.. but she couldn't be sure of the stories now, could she?

"Alright, try that again and I'll give you a botched shaving, Deerboy! Ludmilla, belay gutting that bastard unless he tries anything else." She threatened. The fact that this man recognized Ludmilla for what she was immediatly and was wandering around this place at night ment he was powerful and frankly, Rovana could understand a general dislike for undead. After commanding the waters, she rushed to the side, ducking into the undergrowth, reaching for her crossbow and preparing to hide, not without adding: "If you wanna burn up some undead I know a castle where you can go wild at, this one is under my protection." her hand accidentially gripping cloak and crossbow alike, causing her to hesitate and look upon Ludmillas gift. For a moment, she shook her head, rather than drawing her crossbow, rubbing the fabric in between two fingers, a distant smile on her lips.

Then, she suddenly shook her hand, cursing, mostly at herself: "Damn it, damn it.. old habits.. no no no, you can do better... damn it!" She shouted, dashing back out of the bushes, and infront of Ludmilla this time, one hand gripping the edge of her cloak, the other holding her blade as she spread her arms, protectively, half covering the vampiress with her cloak, the irony of her pale, slightly exhausted form protecting the powerful vampiress lost on her as she.. just acted like she thought the hero she wanted to be should, her blade held at the ready as she stared down Ludmillas attacker:

"I wont let you hurt her!" She determinedly declared at the bearded man.. even if her instincts rather wanted to have her hide and take him down with her crossbow from the distance.

Init: Finally something delicious.:
Roll(1d20)+7:
13,+7
Total:20
Action to control the water.
Move action to the undergrowth.. then dash action to move back!

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Crazy Spellcaster
Mount Baratok
Tag: Rovana

Before the combat had begun, Ludmilla seemed uncomfortable about the suggestion that she go to Krezk, but didn't explicitly say no. She did restate that she had been the daughter of the Burgomaster of Krezk over 200 years ago. As for the Dilisnya family, it seemed Ludmilla didn't have much to add on their account, for their mortal time in Barovia had been well before she had been born, and she had seen no living member of that family, only their graves and a crypt.

With a wave of Rovana's sword, she had doused (and drenched) Ludmilla, who crouched low, smoldering with her wet outfit now clinging alluringly to her skin.

"hsss... Thank you, my love," she said sardonically as she shook herself too flick water away and watched as Rovana sprinted to the tree line.

"We've not come to fight you!" She called out to the former stag as she readied herself to react to the man. Then Rovana came running back out, finding her courage and putting herself between the vampire and the magic user.

"Protection? You are protecting a vampire? Then you are one of Strahd's thralls! Fool girl! Enemy! Servant of darkness! Evil everywhere! But I'll not be caught off guard! My magic is supreme! I've forgotten more spells that I've invented than most magicians ever learn! Hah! Did you like that fire bolt? A mere cantrip! I have much more where that came from!"

The wizard coalesced magical energy held it in his hands.

"Nothing good. Nothing worth saving comes out to this place! Only wolves and bats and vampires... and fish people now too! So, is your dark master helping these watery devils? Does his perversity know no bounds?!"

Despite being obviously threatening, the mage holds his magic back, interested in what Rovana might say before he decides to unleash his next spell.

Behind her, Ludmilla whispers to the pirate.

"This is the Mad Mage... the one who fought Strahd a year ago. His magic is powerful... incredibly potent... but he is not himself. He was never this babbling and deranged in appearance when he first challenged the Count."

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana

Rovana made a mental note to ask Ludmilla about Burgomasters and her lineage and the Dilisnyans crypts sometimes later, but for now.. she had other worries. Like why she wasn't hiding out and preparing a stealth strike on the shapeshifter. She really wasn't feeling ready to deal with another dangerous mage after how last time went.

That and something about Ludmillas wettened, clingy outfit was awfully distracting. Luckily it was rather dark, but that just spurred her imagination on a little.. "I'm .. err.. helping!" She said, with a slight blush, at both this and the subtone she caught from Ludmilla.

"Listen here, If you could blow up Strahd I'd like nothing more than that, as would she, even if she doesn't quite agree there. Also, either my swords finally grown untrustworthy or you took something I need.. seen a chest? Bunch of Vistani carrying it about?" She asked, watching the magical energy coalesce, gulping ever so slightly.

"Alright listen.... and how about this, if you detect me lying you can go ahead with your spellslinging, I propably wouldn't survive it, every damn thing in this messed up place seems to want and succeed in beating me up, trust me I get you there. I'm Rovana by the way." She decided to try, sheating her blade. She trusted in herself being able to draw it if needed. "Strahd is a bastard and I don't mean that endearingly, I thought for a long time doing a bit of evil wasn't anything wrong until I saw where that can lead you. Theres three reasons I'm not getting ready to rob him blind that is, for one, he's incredibly powerful, I know, I've tried attacking him and he barely registred it.
The other reason is that sadly, this beautiful creature of the night has her fate linked to him and until I find a way to break that chain, I'm faced with an enemy I can't bare to strike, by the by, if you happen to remember a spell or chant to cut or even loosen those chains I'd owe you much.
Thirdly, I have a different fish to fry, you did see what I did with that water yes? Now, do I look like a wizard to you?"
She held up her sheated blade for a moment. "Pretty lady with sword that can control water but is not a fish person. Could I be some secret agent in disguise? Sure, but go ahead, look that sword over, I didn't have time to properly clean it since I cut the last fish person down and frankly, if you are that amazing you should be able to tell just what this sword is."

She went ahead, sending the sword sliding over.. if by this point the mage had at least lowered his arcanery.

"Oh and don't call me a servant of darkness, I err.." a brief sideglance to Ludmilla. "I don't serve anyone I don't want to, I've told my mother, I've told my old captain, I've told Strahd, I've told Wachter and Hell, I'd tell her, exept, she's.. err.. " Rovana huffed, exhaled, turning to the side.

"You know, not all vampires are the same. 'tis thanks to this one I am not a thrall... though that does sound hard to believe..." Rovana exhaled, then inhaled again, sighing, touching the small marking on her neck. No point hiding it if the mage was truly powerful. "Words can be faked, but can songs? One moment please.." She inhaled, humming softly, before raising her clear, passionate voice.:

"In Barovias dark city,
where the girls are so pretty,
I first set me eyes on Ludmilla alone,
As she hunted in sorrow,
through Ravenlofts gallow,
And I sung lovers, and pirates, alive, alive oh.

She was like a dark monster,
and I thought I was a goner,
For her lord has no honor, yet sure he was stronger
And he ordered her sorrow,
through Ravenlofts gallow
And I sing lovers, and pirates, alive, alive oh.

I died in her arm,
Yet I came to no harm
For I still belonged to no one, but myself and Ludmilla, alone,
So my ghost fled my gallow,
Sworn to end all her sorrow,
And I came back to be lover, and pirate, alive, alive oh."
She had to catch her breath for a moment as it almost broke in the end,.. but then she clenched a hand into a fist, going on:

"Now this place may be limbo,
but I'll be her hero,
Moreso got a banshee, Vistana, and nobles to save,
So I wont stay in my grave,
Just try and you'll see,
I'll still sail the sea, alive, alive oh!"

She grinned ever so slightly, extending her arms outwards in an open gesture. "So! Can we agree not to waste powers better used to burning/cutting fish people and undead beasts, or do I have to sing more?" She 'threatened', honestly glad if she could catch her breathing rather, giving a shy glance over to the unwilling wet-Tshirt participant and elected Miss Lake Zarovich, not only for the lack of proper competition.

Shitty persuasion of 8, but followed it up with a performance: Oratory of 19 for good measure!

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Mad Mage
Tag: Rovana and Ludmilla

The mage looks rather nonplussed about the pirate's appeals, though her song gives him pause and he straightens up.

"No servant of Strahd would sing something... as ridiculous and as forced as that. This is what becomes of letting bards into the mainstream..." The man shakes his head, muttering to himself.

He gives the sword on the ground at his feet a cursory glance, and then dismissively steps over it, not bothering to pick it up and return it to Rovana, or even mention it. The energy dies away from his hands as he approaches, but Rovana sees a purplish glow around him as he steps in front of her, peering between her and Ludmilla. He then squinted at Rovana's neck, observing the bite marks and making a "Hmmph!" grunt, as if confirming something to himself.

"No. Don't sing anymore, or I'll turn you into a fish. Might be better for you if I did. Give you time to avoid the effects of your vampire hickey there..." He indicated her neck with his foreknuckle.

"You're so obviously infatuated with her, you can't see she's manipulating you. And she's being manipulated by Strahd. That means he's got you dangling from a hook, even if you do hate him. Most right-thinking people hate him, but he doesn't care about that... hiding in his castle."

A faraway look came over the mad mage's eyes and his face scrunched up in anger. He walked past Rovana and Ludmilla ignoring them both, muttering to himself before raising his voice loudly.

"His magic was no match for my wizardry. Oh, for certain, he has some skill at the craft - but his power doesn't lie with his spells. It's his castle... the land itself... giving him strength! I burned him with fire, froze him with ice, smote him with lightning... but the necrotic energies he had kept regenerating at an astounding pace... I was a hopeless fool to not have approached him with a dedicated cleric... or at least some artifact of positive energy. And his castle - from within those walls he can summon the shadows and the dead. Endless waves of enemies, if he were to desire it. The fiery beast... his spectres... the wights... and his brides."

The mage scowled and looked at Ludmilla, who sensed aggression in him and bared her fangs, hissing at him. Rovana noticed that the burn marks on Ludmilla had begun to heal - a sign of the vampiric regeneration that the cursed bloodline apparently possessed.

"Tell me about that ship,"
the mage said pointing at the Red Dawn. "This is a lake. It could not have come from elsewhere, nor is there any shipbuilding facility along the shore, yet here it is. What relic have you to bring such a thing into being? You are no mage, but a roguish woman you are, if my guess is near its mark. And rogues tend to find things best left to wizards in their vaults. If I like your answer, maybe I'll help you with your chest problem. Yes yes... I know where your treasure is. Twas I who dealt the killing blow to those Vistani spies."

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana

Frankly, Rovana couldn't have come upw ith anothe performance on the spot if she tried. "Hoi, what do you mean! that was well crafted art!" She added a complaint.

"And not a bard, I'm a pirate.. an amazing one!" Rovana boasted.

"I like my vampire hickey." she complained with another hint of a blush to her pale cheeks, and scuttled to retrieve her sword, getting a little annoyed, moreso at the mages explanation: "It comes all down to the gods, sticking their nose into everything. I've never had a god, or noble.." she hesitated with a sideglance to Ludmilla.

"Do anyhting good for me. Frankly, its rather wearysome. .. I mean, I guess unless you count those weird Raven-folks.. then again, If you were so powerful, more powerful than I certain, why not actually -use- your powers for anything than assault random passerbys, not that stopping Strahd from getting that chest was a good move, but why not attack him when he's outside his fortress with few allies, or hunt down his armies of undead, they can't be endless." Rovana begame a bit annoyed with being called a thrall.

Rovana kept her eyes narrowed at the mage. She didn't like the manipulatin bit, because she wasn't sure on that herself. She exhaled "The Red Dawn is MY ship, there are few more like it but frankly, I'm beginning to feel like I'm waisting my time here, if you want to be glum, go glum somewhere else." she picked up her sword, annoyed at the mages lack of interest.. "I've had dozes of people tell me how impossible it is to stop Strahd. You know what? Nothing is impossible. Even the word itself admits it.: I'm possible. I thought being a mage was all about seeking to attain the impossible." She exhaled, looking over to Ludmilla

"And yes, knowing that this could mostly be a rouse by the vampire disgusts me to no end. I presume Strahd has secretly commanded to turn my sweetest moment of victory into a defeat, because he can never have his own obsessive love. I like to think Ludmillas influence upon me is entirely different, but perhaps I'm lying to myself, how do I know, not gonna let Strahd bite me to compare, all I know is that sometimes I feel eerily similiar to his unwilling bride Ireena, yet I truly believe I love her not just for the bite but for what she was, is, and how she treats me." Rovana exhaled, looking back to Ludmilla, thinking of Lady Wachter for a moment..

"And perhaps I enjoy being manipulated by her. Perhaps I want to be her prey and thrall and the thing that tears me up is not that she lusts after me, but that she lusts after that damned Strahd just as well, I'd rather have her locked up in my ship than do that bastards bidding, but then I'd be no different from him, really. Actually, no the real issue is that frankly, you're right, Strahd is a noble and has endless armies of spectres and whatever else and I'm neither demigod nor mage to stand up against that, I'm not even a lowly noble and apparently I even lost my shadow. Yet I'm still trying. Thats whats hard. Not giving up. I'm trying and I'll keep on trying, and I'll never ever stop not only because.." Rovanas eyes had stuck to the wet-shirt of Ludmillas for just a moment too long there.. "N.. not only because of her, but because if we give up and stop, Strahd has already won!" Some of the mages remarks had hit pretty close to home, but Rovana was feeling herself getting on a roll with being heroic slowly. Was it Ludmilla by her side? Was it the new outfit? Propably both. But she WANTED to be the hero Ludmilla could look up to, so she had to keep on acting, no?
She narrowed her eyes at the mad mage, feeling a sudden surge of indignation

"So, what should I do, wander the lands in melancholy like you, waiting for a death? Trust me, I want to do that, the only thing I managed to actually best on my own was my own shadow, animated by that damned monster, and one of his mongrels. I've died, and should have died three times over and it hurts and I don't want to die and there isn't even a single drop of rum in sight, yet if I just gave up and lay down, the deaths of those trying to help me, Tristram, Joe (even if they came back undead) and Ludmillas suffering would be meaningless. Though if you just want death and release, I'll be glad to give you that. Because frankly, going by what you say, Ludmilla is wrong, we ARE enemies and you are no different from Strahd, just another bully, lording their greater powers over the weaker. I've met one of the villagers you led to their doom earlier and you weren't there. Remember the priests boy? Do you even remember his name? Strahd turned him into one of his creatures for his amusement. You disgust me, not quite as much as him, ,but little less. So, no, you don't have the right to question me. I wont tell you the secrets of my ship, but you will give me the chest, because frankly, its the least of ammends you can make, helping those that are still willing to fight the fight you've given up. Plus, you got no other option. You can't cast faster than I can cut you down and even if you could find the way to kill me, Ludmilla will not be as benevolent as she is right now. I'm through being merciful with tyrants having great power and yet don't use it to help those that suffer." she crossed her arms, staring the mage down, hand on her blade, more demonstratively than anything.

"You will give me the chest and then, you have to make ammends, and be it by killing whats become of the one who once followed you... though, frankly, if his heart was pure enough, you might find a way to redeem him, just like I search for a way to free my beloved. Either way. A captain is responsible for every last of their crewmembers. No magic to go around it and I don't care if the villagers bludgeon you with stones and curse you with damnation, thats your price to pay. If you still want to learn about my ship afterwards.. I'll tell you all I know. For now, you have a price to pay, so pay it! You want to fight Strahd? Undo his evil. You said it yourself, he alone couldn't best you. Think of a chess board. Strahd may control both board and most figures, but he is still just a king. Every figure he loses brings him closer to defeat. I wish to claim his beautiful dark queen for myself, but even the smallest pawn can matter.

And while at it, groom your beard. Geesh."

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Mad Mage
Lakeshore

"Random passersby? No. I'm not some mere bandit. I see enough. I know these Vistani, and their ties to the dark lord. Better to take what they have than let him have it."

He listened moderately to Rovana's speech, but he kept staring at the ship the entire time, muttering under his breath to himself, just enough to be irksome, as if he wasn't fully paying attention to everything that Rovana was saying, or if he was, he wasn't thinking about only that.

"Your ship you say..." he muttered, stepping over to the lakeshore. He appeared no longer intent on attacking the pirate, though he did keep his distance from Ludmilla.

"Remember his name? Pfeh... insolent girl. I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER MY NAME!"

He shouted suddenly as if this was something of a sore spot for himself that he'd been nursing.

"They took it from me... as I lay somewhere between life and death, floating down the Tser. I didn't want to die... so they made a deal. They brought me back... but not as I was. Not with my name. My memories are not intact... there's only enough there to show me I was great, but things - important things - are missing. Just as I can see your ship there, and it reminds me of something important. Something to give hope. But I can't recall. I can't. Recall!"

He tore at his beard and hair, looking quite disturbed in that moment.

"They torment me. They know I'll never escape without my memory. My book and staff are lost. Without them I can't see clearly. Can't use my knowledge. This curse... don't remember how to lift it even. There should be a way..."

He paused out of his reverie and self-pity to eye Rovana pointing her blade at him. Ludmilla also advancing near enough to him.

"Violence and coercion is it?" Then, bizarrely, he laughed in a wheezing cackle that showed off very poor hygiene in his breath.

"I don't think I'm just going to give you what you want because you wave that sword at me. It's not even completely empowered! You'd probably need a great mage with his memory intact to make it into something proper. Maybe then you'd have a halfway chance of achieving your goals."

"Not really sure what you're on about with making amends. Maybe there's a lot of bad things I've done, but I don't rightly remember about them. Sounds like you're saying Strahd made someone I was responsible for into one of his vampire spawn." He indicated Ludmilla.

"Could probably put him out of his misery I suppose, if I could recognize him, which I doubt. But no, I don't want to remain like this, and I'll not give up my leverage for it. You might learn how to undo a curse in your travels, and if you do, you can undo mine in exchange for what's in the chest. Otherwise, you won't ever know where I've put it."

[Roll initiative.] If you beat a 7, you can get an action in before he takes an action.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana

"Frankly, you seem little above a mere bandit. Well then, perhaps you could ask Strahd about it then." Rovana nodded, half worried the wizard would try and set the ship ablaze just to spite her,.. though she doubted a single fireball or somesuch would do enough of a trick there.

"Well tough thing, my parrot is undead and...again, I had my shadow stolen and turned into a mockery to fight me by that bastard.." She did recall posessing her own body briefly.."Whatever, propably Strahd enjoying to mock you more. Listen I don't know how to help with your memory and frankly, I already got an ever expanding list of problems, if I have to be honest, that ship is my only accomplishment in a list of failings of my own and you want my help?." She touched the pendant briefly, focusing on dismissing the ship again.

"I'm tired of trusting people and not striking first you know. Tried talking to Strahd, or working with Wachter, one got me killed, the other one.. I'd rather not try and remember. We both lack in memory, we both have lost things. But no." Rovana dashed behind him, her sword pointing at his throat. "Always remember I could have simply killed you here and now." she noted at the man, then withdrew and sheated her blade. Every time she had followed Evas damned Tarot it had lead to her near dying. Heck, following the advice of staying on the streets had almost messed her up.

"Leverage hmn, thats what the chest is for you? You taunt me with a halfway chance of succeeding at my goals? Well, look at where you are now, for all your power." Rovana had a mocking tone to her voice by now, narrowing her eyes at the mage. "Don't like missing your memory and being powerless? Well, get used to it like us lowly, ordinary mortals, because after that blackmail, if I -do- happen to find some sort of cure.. I'll make sure to keep it away from you. Even broken as you are right now I can see the vestiges of the arrogance that lead so many to their doom."

"You don't remember things? Well neither do I, all I get when thinking about the past few days is that my butt feels empty and that I want to learn my place under my superiors, but those superiors are either enthralled to the most evil man I've ever seen, or some just as fucked up devils." She pointed at the wizard.

"And at least, at one point, you propably knew who your father was! In my case? Some guy in his fourties to sixties now, blue eyes, perhaps a sailor, perhaps a noble, perhaps a pirate, who knows!" She closed her eyes for a moment, then looked over to Ludmilla and sighed.

..."But enough pointless reminiscing of the past. You wont help, and I think you more than deserve your curse, so.. have fun with it. I'm leaving, I got a debt to pay, I'd ask you if you've seen some old ash-elf guy wandering about, but frankly, you'd take that as an opportunity to rave about how awful things are for you, selfish bastard. Actually, how about I add another curse ontop of those you already suffer? Would you like to remember nothing more of this encounter than that someone that could have helped you came by, but decided to leave you, knowing who you were?" Rovana threatened, but seemed about done with the mage.

(Even with a nat 1 Rovana would beat a 7, her base init is a 7 so.. move action behind him, drawing her blade, but not attacking)
Intimidate: aand just an 8. meh.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Rovana noticed him start to mumble a vocal spell component, the swashbuckler moved with amazing speed, slipping past his ragged cloaks and placing her sword to his throat. With a raised hand, glowing with purple energy in a way that the pirate captain had once heard was a common mage spell meant to provide armor, he warded the blade from actually touching his neck.

He paused, listening to her briefly, then spoke his verbal word of power and winked out of existence. One moment there, and the next seemingly nowhere. If she desired, Rovana would pull back her blade. Even if she didn't, a snarling Ludmilla pushed a clawed hand pulsing with necrotic energy immediately into the space where the mage had just stood.

No reaction was forthcoming. No howl of pain, no friction of blade or claw upon flesh. No smell of fresh blood. Ludmilla looked around, hissing. Her body now mostly healed from the mage's earlier firebolt.

"A self-absorbed mad man. Perhaps he was bluffing about having what you seek?"

"No. I wasn't bluffing." The man's voice came again, from somewhere above them, on the cliffside. A glance along the treeline finally showed him having somehow gotten about 200 feet away from them in a matter of seconds.

"But I AM still willing to trade it back to you. Quid Pro Quo. As for elves, the only ones here are the dusk elves on the overlook hill just west of Vallaki. Oh, and that one lady with the green eyes, but she only looks like an elf. She's something different entirely. Can't recall what though.

"As for my conduct with you, consider this: you arrived at my shoreline hand in hand with a bride of Strahd - the one most responsible for my woes. Just as you grow tired of trusting others and not striking first, so have I. But you do seem to be annoyed with him, and I recognize some of my own trauma in your story. Mayhap we are more alike than we think, and for that reason, I'll direct you - again, the overlook hill west of Vallaki is where you'll need to go. But beware, there are Vistani that camp on that hill. Servants of Strahd, all of them I wager."

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana

"Hrmnn.." The captain sighed. "I doubt so, my blade wouldn't have lead me here.. well.. leading is relative, but.. its complicated. At least its not in Dagon or Strahds hands now, but the irony of having the means to empower me, yet asking me to go on into further danger to uncurse him.. ugh." Rovana sighed, then peered over to the mage.

"You don't understand. That chest holds the key to unlocking my blades power, just like you expect me to randomly stumble over a sollution for your issues, moreso the remains of the man who bested Strahd in life. He deserves a proper burial. Trust me, I know how it feels to find no proper rest.
But whatever, I do know the feeling of not even knowing what happened to you, what you did, or how you reacted. Frankly, you should be glad you've only forgotten your powers. I still feel.. filthy.. and the one by my side has helped but...

Lets just say that I know what it feels like to lose your powers, I know what it feels like to lose your memories, but you don't see me giving up. Even if I'm powerless enough as is."
She sighed dejectedly and blushed slightly, a part of her was thinking Ludmilla should give her a nice buttplug, perhaps some bindings, play with her with a dildo and tell her what to do.. she looked over at the vampiress, then shook her head. "All I know, everything I do could be undone by a swift strike of the one by my side at a command Strahd hid with her and the only one that'll hate that more than me would be her. Frankly, a part of me wants to see the creature linked to the fishfolk succeed, just to know Strahd fails too but on and on I push." Rovana said, wearily, making her way to the direction indicated by the mage, along the way shifting, and doing her best to put a noble stance into her steps, for any Vistani watching her arrive with the vampiric bride. Before she left the mage she briefly added. "Well perhaps the Vistani wont bother me for the same reason you bothered me either way." She shrugged, walking through the moonlight, not trying to be stealthy, her earlier encounter at Damias camp had shown her there was little point in trying to sneak up on Vistani.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lake Zarovich to the Southshore

The journey to the Vistani encampment would take the better part of the night, for Ludmilla and Rovana would need to reboard the Red Dawn and sail it southward to the south shore of the lake. Because of the ship's size, the seaworthy vessel could not draw too close to the lakeshore for fear of becoming beached. So the keel boat became the way for the pair to reach the shoreline. Due to her attunement to the medallion, Rovana could send the keel boat back to the ship and have it dive back into the water once she was fully ashore.

They ended up coming ashore at a small fishing hamlet. No more than six shacks were standing, with the ruins of several others along the shore being little more than piles of splintered wood. If anyone was in those shacks at night, they seemed wary of approaching the two strange women coming from the large, ghostly sea ship on the lake.

Ludmilla looked up at the moon from its position in the sky.

"I will require shelter at some point, my love. The day will be here in a few hours, and I must return to my crypt. Soon, Strahd will send for me."

The pair of them continued down the road together, walking nearly two miles, avoiding the walls of Vallaki at the request of Ludmilla, who did not want to draw attention to herself from the town militia. She mentioned in passing that the town had gotten quite volatile since Rovana had been secured, but did not go into much detail, explaining that she had not been present for the activities that had occurred.

They reached the Vistani encampment about two hours before dawn. It was a circular hill that rose above the treeline of the expanse of the Svalich Woods south of Vallaki. From here, she could make out the shoreline of Lake Zarovich, the roof tops of Vallaki, and the distant Mount Ghakis to the south.

At the top of the hill was a ring of Vistani wagons, and at the bottom of the hill, built into the very side of the mound, were doors - of the kind that some halfling communities were rumored to have used in Rovana's homeland.

"The dusk elves make their homes at the base of this hill," Ludmilla said. "I don't believe that any of them will be convinced to let me in. They will probably think you a vampire as well, at this hour of night."

She curled a cold dark hand around Rovana's waist and pulled her close.

"You have gone through quite a bit, Rovana. But you have shown bravery and strength, by not failing to act, even when you say you are afraid. Everything knows fear, my sweet. The brave are those who face it and still dare." She brushed the blonde locks of Rovana's hair back and drew her face close.

"How shall I know where to find you, tomorrow?" She inquired. "I am only free to travel at night."

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Lake Zarovich, Northshore-> Vallaki hill

Captaining the mighty Vessel cheered Rovana up considerably, but the glum mood of the mage seemed to be a bit infectious still, keeping her silent for most of the travel, until they arrived, with Rovana keeping up a heroic facade, whilest sending out the smaller boat and dismissing the Red Dawn. She looked about the tiny fishers village as she arrived, sighing.

"Abandoned.. -Not Strahds doing, but Dagons I presume..." She mused, then peered over to Ludmilla.

"I hate the idea of you spending even a second with him, but so be it. I have to wonder though, you need sleep? I noticed theres scantly the light of day to drive the vampire away as one hears in tales, yet still most creat.. ures.. no offense, still seem to shy away from the day? By what you say, Strahd still hasn't reached Ireena, I'd have thought him relentless in his pursuit. Anyway.. thanks for.. saving me from Lady Wachter. I.. made a minor miscalculation. I just.. wanted to be someone you'd find beautiful, I don't know.. refined; I wanted to suprise you but instead.. I don't know what happened.. but I still feel a subtle, unusual yearning for discipline and... i.. it doesn't matter. My dark lady cleansed me of her.. I'm sorry, the mage got me in a.. dark mood, not to mention my goal seems further away than ever." Rovana nodded to her lover with a slight blushing again. Whilest they came close to Vallaki, she tried to sense and call for Joe again, shrugging at Ludmillas explanation.. she had expected as much. "I.. ugh.. again, this is not how I wanted it to be. It's a bit disheartening, but not as much as the 'mad mage' that.." She shook her head, withholding a comment about how.. sobering it had been to face someone that equalled or exceeded her in power even in his broken state yet held away what could give Rovana a little of an edge.. she really hated the guy, if they didn't share a common enemy in Strahd.. ".. whatever, see you tomorrow, if I still live by then." She traveled on with the vampiress towards the looming hill beyond Vallaki.

She peered curiously at the doors within the hill.. propably not were to find elves... she thought. "They do? Huh. Well, time to knock I guess." She grinned ever so slightly, though her expression remained a bit glum even with Ludmillas cheering this time. "Heh.. why thank you. As if a few rattling bones and undead lords and fishfolks could scare a pirate captain, me lover. I just.. keep on doing things, because what else is there." She smiled weakly. There was a difference between acting and between actually changing anything around her. "Did you think me scared when I wandered into Ravenloft? Heh.

How to find me?"
Rovana pondered. "I guess I shall sleep early, so we can meet again, , but it will be depending on how long the task I need to do shall take. This debt to pay off and afterwards.. I'd.. like to know how I may please you. I want to do more than just be rescued by you..." She hesitated, something in her stomach curling at the thought of Ludmilla in the powerful vampires arms. Feeling like Rovana did for her, but for the dark count of Ravenloft. Not that she could do anyhting to stop it. "I'm sure we'll meet again my love. Perhaps I'll head to the village of your home. Its not like my shadow has done much for me, but its MINE. I want it back, Strahd taking what he wants be damned." She nodded, leaning into Ludmillas caress yearningly and similiarly, leaned in to kiss her goodbye, almost shily and maidenlike, though she did at the same time enjoy the feeling of their chests pressed against one another, if through the leather armor.

Then, propably, watching the vampire leave. She exhaled. She didn't want Ludmilla to see just how powerless she felt, so she wore a fake smile and turned to the door until she thought the vampiress gone, but then rather first wandered a bit alongside the hill, until she came to a hidden enough corner of it, leaning against the wall, sliding down there, looking down along her arm, that beautiful cloak, the stylish armor.. she grabbed it, pulling it off of her roughly, feeling as if it didn't belong, taking her sword and tossing it down, even holding onto the necklace for a moment, before pulling it off, dropping it down on the pile. Then, finally, her eyes became watery, her hands digging into her shoulders, her form crumpling up into a slight sobbing that quickly increased in cadence.

"What point is there to help that damned guy, what use am I, all I did was help one of Strahds minions and get myself beaten up. What am I good for, what good for is freedom from Strahd and Hell and all if I'm powerless to do anything with it? What good is a ship on a lake, a beautiful mistress that is not a mistress of her own fate?" She sobbed on, slamming a hand futily on the ground, reaching out for the beautiful cloak to clean her tears, then shook her head, ashamed of herself for soiling Ludmillas present. She felt cold and weak and bruised up, but what did it matter, there was misery all around her, she was just.. acclimating. Then again, what could she do but try and push on.

"Whoever you were in love with Ludi, I doubt I'm her, or even much like her, not really. I'm just some imposter. All I've been. Imposter Dilisnya noble. Imposter hero. Even feeling like an imposter pirate captain right now. Ugh, come on Rovana, you can do this, you gotta try.. some more. Got to push on. And not just think about being a pretty doll for her, or a noble, or a hero, or a pirate. Even if I'm weak, still, pushing on. Little impostering and play pretending always been a forte of mine." She sighed, hugging the cloak half bundled up and to her cheek for a long moment, if no one interrupted her, getting up once the morning dawned and dressing back up, armor readjusted, necklace, hung close, sword by her side and cloak swishing behind her, approaching to knock on the elven door, though a part of her thought the mage had been right, apart from an exeption or two like Ludmilla and Damia, it wasn't like this place held anything worthwhile. But for now she'd pay her debt to the Banshee, or die trying. Because thats what she'd do if she were the noble, pirate, hero, she wanted to be before Ludmilla and her crew.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ludmilla
Near the Vistani Camp
Tag: Rovana

"It is the sleep of the damned, my sweet Rovana," Ludmilla explained, brushing her fingers along the pirate's pretty neck lovingly.

"I am called to my grave, to sleep in my coffin. We are creatures of the night. By strength of will or mighty need, we may resist the sleep of the day, but I must retire... for I shall be weak if denied my rest, and I would rather be strong as I stand by you at night. I feel possessive of you. I hope this does not alarm you, but... it is the truth. Tasting your blood, it is somehow more vibrant, more... deep. Everything about you is brighter to me."

Ludmilla shook her head, a faint blush and what might even be embarassment over her face.

"This has not happened before. Something about you is different. I wonder now if this is what drives my master so? Is this Ireena to him what your taste... your person, is to me? I feel a need to have you. A pressing need... you must take care of yourself during the day, when I am not here to be your shadow. Yes... if your own has betrayed you, then let me be yours. A better trade, don't you think? Rovana~"

The dark vampiress gripped her by the shoulders and gazed closely into her eyes.

"Put the bitter words of the enemies of hope from your mind. For too long have I known their melancholy song. You are a different tune, my love. A carefree wind from the sea, that no funeral dirge shall touch. Our fate is mingled - this much I now sense, so take this. My final gift to you tonight. Not magic, like the cape, but a more sentimental thing. It is my necklace... a gift to me from that friend of old. I want you to keep it safe for me, to return to me when I return to you."

Ludmilla unhooked a golden necklace with tear shaped rubies adorning it, with one very large, beautiful ruby as the centerpiece. Rovana's pirate eye could tell that such an item would fetch a large price on the open market. The vampire pressed this into Rovana's palms.

"Wear it if you like. It is something we can share." She smiled and drew close, and then as though in slight pain, she curled her head back and stepped away. "Dawn draws near... I am called back to the castle. Until tomorrow, my love."

As though driven be bestial fright, Ludmilla took on her more frightening facial features of undeath and fled at speed through the mists, disappearing into them heading back eastwards, in the direction of Ravenloft.

This left Rovana alone to break down into tears and let all that pent up emotion that she couldn't stomach anyone see - especially not Ludmilla - out of her system. Although painful, the cathartic release helped her emotions stabilize, and her tired body soon sought the need for sleep.

~~~~~~

When she awoke, she was busy giving herself a pep talk aloud, but not noticing until there was a movement near the bushes about twenty feet away that two very unlikely and odd looking people were sizing her up and watching her get dressed in her armor.

"It's funny. I don't think she looks very weak. Do you Jowai?" asked a man calmly in an accent that seemed very different to any of the Barovian speech that was common here. In fact, if she were hearing him right, he seemed to be speaking with an Anuirien accent - a neighboring region to her own homeland, though far off. He was lean and well-muscled without looking over-developed. He was handsome, but in an unnatural and eerie way, as though human beings ought not to normally look so well put together, and therefore he immediately seemed 'off' to her. His eyes were the most alien, for they were nearly complete black orbs. Other than that, he appeared human.

"Anyone wot travels at night in this place is either tough, insane, or both." Grunted the man with him, whose skin was green and looked as though he were a mixture of human and orog/orcish descent.

"Hoy there, gold hair. Why you mutterin' to yerself? You insane? Yeah, betcha she's insane. 'ats okay though. Makes 'em more interesting, says I."

"I rather think we're all a bit sane in an insane world, wouldn't you say?" The eerie man commented before approaching Rovana. While the half-orc was armed with a rather large sword strapped to his back, the human appeared completely unarmed and unarmored, yet something about the way he moved suggested to Rovana that he knew how to handle himself. He stopped about ten feet away from Rovana.

"So sorry if you feel violated by our silent observation. My associate and I were curious when we came across you just a few minutes ago and felt compelled to see who and what you were. My name is Neku. My companion is Jowai. By your accent... well, are you perchance from Brecht?"

As they were making this greeting, the dark of night was melding into the grey of day, as indirect sunlight lit the dull valley. Some of the hovels began to open their doors, revealing elven men emerging from them. The elves were olive-skinned in their complexion, with dark hair. They looked at the three foreigners on the road with curiosity, but not enough to approach. The door that Rovana was in front of remained closed.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Rovana
Vallaki hill

"Interesting.. Vampires are in ways more similiar to humans than to undead." Rovana mused in response to Ludmilla. She did blush when the vampiress claimed she had a.. special taste.

"R.. really? I feel the same way.. and it doesn't alarm me.. well, you do alarm me but.. danger excites me more than it should, at least with you, it can do that and I can still feel save. I like the feeling of.. a dark huntress desiering me.. uhmnn.. I just.. I don't feel like theres much to desire. But I guess You'll have to be the judge of that." She sighed, then smiled slightly. "Why, you'd make for a marvelous shadow. Perhaps not Kresk then, I have to start putting some bones to rest.. a gift?" Rovana looked at Ludmilla, with a slight blushing still quite apparent. "I uhmnn.." She took the necklace, a little speechless and looked yearningly after the vampiress, before falling into a brief slumber outside, more a half-awake, half sleeping state.
Rovana dreamed of being nude. Well, not nude, but dressed in so beautiful, see-through an outfit it might as well have her nude. She wasn't alone, but with many like her, pale women (and men), sometimes groups of which, accompanying different nobles. Vampires, Rovana instantly knew, elegant, charming beasts of prey.
The scene shifted and she found Ludmilla behind her, standing there, hissing predatorily, yet also lustfully, with a certain yearning. She might present her beautiful blood-doll to the others, but only to get them jealous, not so they could partake of her. The thought causing a gasp of excitement from Rovana, as the dream version of Ludmilla took a firm grip of her, gently inserting a thick buttplug, straightening her stance. Rovana found herself walking down a walkway, presenting herself as the most pretty of all Dolls.. but then, there was the mad mage, paraded by her side, getting even more cheers. "Thats wrong! You aren't even ..." Rovana complained and insisted, covering her hand from the unshowered man. "How can you be interested in him rather than... you!" She glared over to the vampiric audience, seeing Strahd sitting there, with his annoying, calm expression. Though, for just one moment, Strahd looked even more miserable than Rovana.. who suddenly woke up, in emotional upheaval.

She shook herself fully awake. So many wild things had happened today and she had many a thing to think about. For example, if Strahd felt his desire as strongly as Ludmilla yet had been denied it for centuries.. perhaps the Banshee had spoken the truth and he had once been less of a monster.

But she had to condemn these thoughts away. For all the things he had done, Strahd had lost any right to sympathy. Clutching Ludmillas ruby necklace, before putting it away with a whispered thanks, she finally turned upon who was talking.. and instantly sensed something.. off.

"Eh you know. I'm either weak or insane, by how my fights have gone so far..." She shrugged. "Propably insane. To be fair the mage attacked us first but anyway, I'm not the kind of insane that'll try to squeeze chicken into eggs and argue with voices that aren't there, well, unless I finally manage to find some goddamn good rum around here. More the kind that challenges ancient evils whilest being unable to handle a single goddamn devil cultist. Tip for you folks, if you fight any cultists anytime soon, they cheat by having invisible winged scorpion fucks around them.

Interesting, so more people keep landing in this wretched place than just me. Your accent sounded familiar.. I'm.."
Rovana exhaled, adjusting her stance, back to the determined, nautical heroine, with a last clutching of the ruby necklace she determined.

"-Captain Rovana, nautical entrepeneur and settler of marine disputes. You may have heard of Rovana, The Reaver, but I assure you, most of it be slander spread by the overly rich and wealthy who disagree with property rights." She then added: "And you are.. Anurien? Good human disguise by the way, but going by the eyes, you want people to be wary and respectful.. I bet it helps keep a few nuisances contained." She chuckled, approaching the door before her.

"That said, this place is full of ... things that don't properly respect the individual. .. Not you, my own fault for ranting, I mean.." She waved her hand, trying to explain: "Just something like that! you two introducing yourselfs properly, without spending half an hour being glum and raving about how despair filled they are. I mean, be it friend or foe, they deserve to know whom they challenge.. but I'm ranting, I should stop before you think me crazy after all." sighed, knocking on the door... making it audible if there was no reaction initially.

"I'm sorry, I have a promise to keep to the sister of an elf here and these lands are getting more dangerous, so I decided it bears no more delaying. If you want to chat about home more You'll have to wait until I've given him a chance to let me pay back me debt."