What's new

A save editor for RPG Maker

jarvibon

Reputation score
froggus would you be able to help with these save files or be able to refer these files to someone who know how to force unlock scenes in games?

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
jarvibon said:
...<a lot of dumb shit>...
....proving that reading with comprehension is simply beyond some of the people.

froggus said:
There's no universal answer to this as different games program their gallery function differently....
Is this editor able to unlock galleries in games using the engine it was written for ? Yes.
How ? Well, it depends on the game and without seeing that game's code you can only make some generic guesses.
There is no golden pill. Each time a bit of a working brain needs to be applied...so the poster is kind of SOL.

SkyUni

Reputation score
I seem to have this issue when trying to open a save file:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The specified key is not found in the dictionary.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.VxMapper.GetParty(Object[] graph, List`1 mappings)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.VxMapper.GetMappings(Object[] graph)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Vx.XpSavedGame.Create(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
do anyone know how to fix this issue?

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Might be a problem with the editor, might be something odd with the save.
Mind attaching it ?

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
...OK, the save looks like the game was strongly modified, but the save is still valid. The save editor assumes Game_Party has a '@gold' member, which in this save isn't present (its '@Inventory' and '@road_inventory' members have such member). Basically, needs a fix in the editor.

ExposedPlace

Reputation score
I don't know if it's the right thread to ask this, but I was wondering if it was possible to edit the rvdata2 files in the Data folder of a rpgmaker game.
It says you require an rpg maker vx ace license everytime I try to open them, but I was wondering if it possible to modify the files in another way.
I tried to search something for that for a while but haven't found anything to work with.
I know it is possible to modify the save files but I wanted to change some of the other assets, such as enemy stats.

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I don't know if it's the right thread to ask this, but I was wondering if it was possible to edit the rvdata2 files in the Data folder of a rpgmaker game.
It says you require an rpg maker vx ace license everytime I try to open them, but I was wondering if it possible to modify the files in another way.
I tried to search something for that for a while but haven't found anything to work with.
I know it is possible to modify the save files but I wanted to change some of the other assets, such as enemy stats.
Pirating the RPG Maker editor (or buying it), would be the fastest way.

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Actually, there are are some relatively simple tools that can 'edit' those rvdata2 files relatively easily (well, most of the time; if during customization not only new classes were added, but also new structs, the initial setup is somewhat painful, but if you do it right, you'll only need to do that once, then the adjustments you've done in the process will simply be reused).
Once again, those files are just standard ruby marshal blobs - as long as you have class/struct description, any ruby interpreter can load them. After that, you can - for example - dump them to yaml for easier editing (there's a tool on github that mostly works, even though it hasn't been updated in awhile (and IMHO, suffers from bundling; then again, it would seem that a certain bug its author discovered in Psych still hasn't been fixed...)).

IanFan

Reputation score
i get error when try use the editor

System.ArgumentException: Invalid JSON primitive: .
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject()
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.<ReadGameFile>g__ReadGameFile|10_0(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.GetClassNames()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonSavedGame.GetParty()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow.CreatePartyTab()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

Chaos Diesel

Reputation score
MvSaveFile: Edit anything, but you have to use a text editor. I suggest Notepad++ with JSTool plugin.

RpgMakerSaveEdit: Edit gold, class XP. Works on RPG Maker MZ, MV, VX/VX Ace and XP.

(mega mirror)

This software requires .NET Framework 4.5 or higher, which is already installed on Windows 8 and Windows 10. If you can't get it to launch on earlier versions of Windows then you should .

version 0.6.10
Minor bugfixes.
Support for MV save files using the ParallellParty plugin (ie DemonsRoots)

version 0.6.9
Support for RPG Maker MZ. Still not widely tested, remember to back up your games before editing.

version 0.6.8
Support for deflate-compressed save files.

version 0.6.7
Support for filtering the list of characters, items, switches, and variables.
Support for larger json files in MV save files.
Half-assed support for Ruby structs in VX save files.

version 0.6.6
Fixes a bug that could destroy saves for RPG Maker MV.

version 0.6.5
Support for latest RPG Maker MV.

version 0.6.3
Fixes switch editing.

version 0.6.1
Fixes item editing for some MV games.
Fixes a rare crash in VX games.

version 0.6
Edit items, armors, weapons for games that don't use a customized equipment system.
Logging of exceptions.
Broader support for VX Ace games.

version 0.5.2
Edit integer variables in addition to switches.

version 0.5.1
Edit all bonus stats in VX saves.

version 0.5.0
Edit game switches.

version 0.4.0
Edit character's bonus stats.

version 0.3.3
Support even more games.

version 0.3.2
Support for some weirder save files.

version 0.3.1
Support for VX and VX ace.

[Thread renamed from Does there exist a save editor for RPG Maker MV?]

I have thrown together a tool that... works, for at least one game... but has a horrible interface. And I don't want to waste time improving it if someone else has already done the work.
I'm new to using a save edit tool. I downloaded the one linked to this and was wondering if anyone can teach me how to use it. I am trying to add money to one of my games. My steam name is chaosdiesel. Message me if you can help.

atavar

Reputation score
MvSaveFile: Edit anything, but you have to use a text editor. I suggest Notepad++ with JSTool plugin.

RpgMakerSaveEdit: Edit gold, class XP. Works on RPG Maker MZ, MV, VX/VX Ace and XP.
Just wanted to say you saved a borked game for me. I don't even come here that much that often. Massive thanks.