What's new

A save editor for RPG Maker

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I keep getting this error when trying to edit a save file from A Struggle with Sin v .3.9.0.a

This is from using the RpgMakerSaveEdit program the version that opens a command prompt and uses a text editor to change values

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonUtil.DeserializeMutable(String json)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSavedGame.ReadSaveFile(Stream file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSavedGame.Create(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

I've used the other versions that opens a program allowing variable and switch editing which works as intended but doesn't allow me to change the MC's stats.
The version I am having an issue with I've managed to use in the past to edit the MC's stats in the past. Also attached a zipped save file of the file I am attempting to edit
Thank you for the sample file. There's a bug in the open source component I use to decompress the files in MvSaveFile and older versions of RpgMakerSaveEdit (I upgraded to a fixed version in RpgMakerSaveEdit 0.66), that you may or may not be able to work around by simply walking into another map and saving there.

A newer version of RpgMakerSaveEdit should also be able to open the file, but the game appears to use a custom stat system, so you will probably not be able to edit stats that way.

i11idan

Reputation score
I can`t open a save file from A Struggle with Sin v .0.4.3.0c

System.ArgumentException: An error occurred while serializing or deserializing with the JSON JavaScriptSerializer. The string length exceeds the value specified for the maxJsonLength property. Parameter name: input
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize (JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonUtil.DeserializeMutable (String json)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSavedGame.ReadSaveFile (Stream file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSavedGame.Create (IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor (IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup (Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

I use RpgMakerSaveEdit 0.69.
Sorry for my English is bad....

Attachments

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
I can`t open a save file from A Struggle with Sin v .0.4.3.0c

System.ArgumentException: An error occurred while serializing or deserializing with the JSON JavaScriptSerializer. The string length exceeds the value specified for the maxJsonLength property. Parameter name: input
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize (JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonUtil.DeserializeMutable (String json)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSavedGame.ReadSaveFile (Stream file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSavedGame.Create (IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor (IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.App.OnStartup (Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)

I use RpgMakerSaveEdit 0.69.
Sorry for my English is bad....
I can open the attached file with version 0.69. Are you sure you attached the right file, and are you sure you're using 0.69? If you have an old copy of the editor on your computer as well then Windows may use the old version instead if you double-click the save file.

resheto

Reputation score
try to open file or game Hamestasia, got error:

System.ArgumentException: Invalid JSON primitive: .
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject()
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.<ReadGameFile>g__ReadGameFile|10_0(IFile file)
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.MvSystem.GetClassNames()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.Mv.JsonSavedGame.GetParty()
at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow.CreatePartyTab()

version of rpgmakersaveedit 0.69

here save file

Attachments

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
try to open file or game Hamestasia, got error:

at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject()
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth)
at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)

version of rpgmakersaveedit 0.69

here save file
There's nothing wrong with your save but there does appear to be something funny with your game files -- the editor crashes when it tries to read the names of the characters classes. If you move the save file to somewhere else, like your desktop, then you will be able to edit characters but you won't be able to edit items or switches.

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
version 0.6.10
  • Minor bugfixes.
  • Support for MV save files using the ParallellParty plugin (ie DemonsRoots)

See opening post for download.

SailingeR

Reputation score
Unable to find Data\Items.rvdata2.
Unable to find Data\Weapons.rvdata2.
Unable to find Data\Armors.rvdata2.

Tokita

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Unable to find Data\Items.rvdata2.
Unable to find Data\Weapons.rvdata2.
Unable to find Data\Armors.rvdata2.
Place your save file into the same directory as the game's Data folder before opening it with the editor.

0.6.10.png

ToastedToaster

Reputation score
This Editor works perfectly, but at the game series "Level Drain" it seems to not work and I dont know why, also on no other editor it seems to work. Am I doing somethin wrong?
(The Game uses RPGMakerVXAce and .rvdata2)

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
This Editor works perfectly, but at the game series "Level Drain" it seems to not work and I dont know why, also on no other editor it seems to work. Am I doing somethin wrong?
(The Game uses RPGMakerVXAce and .rvdata2)
where are the saves located?

Antonisimo

Reputation score
i get this error on every save file..

at RpgMakerSaveEdit.MainWindow..ctor(SavedGame savedGame)

jarvibon

Reputation score
how to use the save editor to unlock all scenes?
i am not well versed in this and dont know how to use this very well .
can someone tell me what to do/change to unlock all scenes?
what text/variables are assosicted with the scenes?
as in scenes seen/triggered and scenes not seen/triggered.
what numbers/text to change in order to make scenes/events not seen/triggered to be viewed in games as seen?
new to this all the only things i managed to do in the games is max out money , change my level and stats and get items/weapons to 99
i dont understand this well enough to know what all the text in the editor windows mean for the saves.
i would like to be able to unlock all scenes/gallery so that not worry about missing something or needing a guide for the game in order to see everything

Attachments

quarzo

Lurker
Reputation score

i am having the same problem with some games

Attachments

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

i am having the same problem with some games
It looks like in this case the problem is not with the save file but rather with the rest of the game. The editor tries to read the game's data to figure out the names of classes, items, switches, etc., but there seems to be something unusual with the game's data. Maybe it's encrypted.

While inconvenient you should be able to edit the basics: gold, xp, and stat bonuses, if you move the save file to the desktop (so that the editor can't find the game's data files), edit the save there on the desktop, and then put it back into the game's save folder.

how to use the save editor to unlock all scenes?
i am not well versed in this and dont know how to use this very well .
can someone tell me what to do/change to unlock all scenes?
what text/variables are assosicted with the scenes?
as in scenes seen/triggered and scenes not seen/triggered.
what numbers/text to change in order to make scenes/events not seen/triggered to be viewed in games as seen?
new to this all the only things i managed to do in the games is max out money , change my level and stats and get items/weapons to 99
i dont understand this well enough to know what all the text in the editor windows mean for the saves.
i would like to be able to unlock all scenes/gallery so that not worry about missing something or needing a guide for the game in order to see everything
There's no universal answer to this as different games program their gallery function differently. Games will sometimes store the gallery data in Switches, in which case you'd check the Switches tab, but you might also need to know Japanese to know which switch to flip. Other games might put the gallery data in global.rpgsave, in which case you have to use the MvSaveFile tool instead.

jarvibon

Reputation score
froggus thanks for the details , however i do not understand about switches/switches tab or what tool exactly you talk about or how to use global.save to check if it is the file to use in order to unlock scenes.

i am new to this.
i am unsure of what steps to take next about this.
while i do get that each type of rpg maker game store save data related to gallery/scenes in diffrent files , i do not understand what steps i have to take for rpg maker mv games.
i experimented with what i am aware of

that allow edit of save files on the file types
rpg.save
global.save
config.save
but nothing i tried has worked on unlock gallery.
but i am stuck and dont know what to do or try next so i come here to ask , especially since i do not see any info explain what to do or where to go in edit save data to unlock scenes.
like those people who post game cg galleries on websites do.

if i am wrong and save data editor methods for rpg maker mv is bot able to unlock/lock gallery scenes/cg then what cheat software for rpg maker mv allow/has feature that is cheat to unlock all scenes/gallery?

is anyone able to tell from the text or other info in save files if a game has/need switch to unlock/lock scenes from the save files themselves? could anyone here be able to use these saves to find out what to change and can make it so that the gallery has everything unlocked for the saves that are inside the archives within the attachments provided below? :

Attachments