What's new

ADV [Ace] Feisty For An Elf. / エルフのくせになまいきだ。 RE185929 RJ185929

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

This came out today.

Elf vs monsters in a game of Blackjack with some RPG stats and item usage.

Frankly, I don't think it's worth that price, given that it's 6 gif animation (5 monsters, 1 for the witch) and 4 variation of 1 base CG. (Although it seems author plan to add more content later on?)

* Premise

A demoness who wants to conquer the world must first deal with a brazen elf.
Let slip the monsters of war, turn the tables, enjoy the ravishings in this adult-only game.
Who will be victorious in the end? Who will be humiliated?

* Game rules & system

Battles work like the card game of "blackjack",
where the winning player deals damage equal to the sum of the cards.
Winning a hand in itself isn't victory, so be careful.

Unlike a normal 52-card deck, this game only uses 13 cards.
The variability of each successive card is very different from normal blackjack.

The monsters can level up and equip items
Even without winning you can earn experience and items by finishing a stage.
The higher your level the stronger your HP and attack power becomes.
If luck is against you, in time you can still beef up for an easier win.

* Card values

2~9 are worth 2 to 9 points, like normal number cards
10~13 are each worth 10 points, like normal face cards
1 is worth either 1 or 11 points, like a normal Ace card

Last edited by a moderator:

sorrow4444

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: [Ace] エルフのくせになまいきだ。

Lets see if this have more patches or not but i keep an eye on it, ty LC

PD: Sorry for my bad english

IHeartSlimes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I played this, and like the OP said, it's basically H-blackjack.

The winner of the round does damage to their opponent equal to the difference between their final numbers. If you get a 21, it appears to do more damage. At one point, I managed to one shot the elf first draw.

Art-wise, this game has dot animation for when the elf loses (You appear to side with the monsters/witch in this.) but the character art.... I dunno, the witch (the left hand chick) kind of turns me off.
Not a fan of exposed ribs, or the face.

The actual animation is just one pose, with a speed control, and cumming. But that could be different in the full game.

All in All, looks kind of interesting, but not amazing.

P.S: Expect a short game. It took me longer to write this review than it did to actually finish the trial.

UnLuckyCat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

but the character art.... I dunno, the witch (the left hand chick) kind of turns me off.
Not a fan of exposed ribs, or the face.
Yeah she looks really odd to me, too. Her portrait makes her look half the size of the elf, but the sprites are almost the same height. And her face is all squished and weird.

Pretty expensive for what seems to be a simple project.

"it uses only 13 cards in this game"

Huh, that's rather interesting. In regular Blackjack, the odds of being dealt a blackjack from a fresh 52-card deck is 4.8%, but with a quarter-deck like this it becomes 5.1%. And of course, if an Ace is already drawn by the other player then it becomes straight up impossible since there's only 1. Card counting done easy.

UnLuckyCat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ok, I got the full version and it's... more disappointing than I expected.

I don't know why, but half of the sprites are very low resolution, so they're extremely blurry. I'm talking 8 dots per pixel at 800x600 (the regular sprites are 4). I'm hoping it can be fixed, or it's just me or something.

A major complaint of mine is that, while leveling up increases your damage, it doesn't reduce the damage that you take in turn. It's percentage based, so there's almost no difference whatsoever if you're constantly hovering around the 16~20 range for the both of you, but the moment anyone scores 21 it's all over in one shot. It does feel satisfying when you blast the dumb elf with 40+ damage right in her stupid face, though.

Items:
  • Pills: View the top card of the deck
  • Mushroom: Heal to full HP
  • Shield: Only take half damage this turn
  • Heart: The top card will become what you need for 21 (up to 11) even if it was already drawn
  • Fairy: View the Elf's face down card
You can only use one of each item per turn, which only really matters for the Pills.

Spacebar skips cutscenes.

Timmy!

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It is on Animesharing for those interested.

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

6 animations is pretty meh. Gameplay is mostly okay. However, the dealer cheats BAD because it waits to see what you get before deciding what to do. For example, if you bust, the dealer will always stop at 2 cards dealing maximum damage to you. I was also really disappointed in the last animation.

Last edited:

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I can tell why the witch looks weird. It's her face. Her eyes are very low in comparison to the Elf, giving the impression she has a very large forehead.. Which just looks off.

captain garlock

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Do we have a save for those of us that are too unlucky to win even the first battle?

captain garlock

Demon Girl
Reputation score

here you go. Drop it inside the data folder and select the second option in the game to see the gallery ;)
Much obliged for the file. I can now see why everyone's let down by it.

UnLuckyCat

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't know why, but half of the sprites are very low resolution, so they're extremely blurry. I'm talking 8 dots per pixel at 800x600 (the regular sprites are 4). I'm hoping it can be fixed, or it's just me or something.
Oh, it only happens on Fastest quality. Fast or better has the proper animations for stages 2, 5, and 6.
edit: and it's fixed in the latest version

However, the dealer cheats BAD because it waits to see what you get before deciding what to do.
Yeah, an unfortunate drawback of going first in 1v1 blackjack.

I suppose that's part of the "strategy" here. If you think the elf has a good hand (assume the hidden card is a 10) then you can intentionally bust to take less damage, as 20-14=6 but 24-20=4, meaning literally any card you could possibly draw would be better than staying on 14.

However, if you think the elf might score low (assuming the hidden card is not 10) then busting is the worst possible thing you could do since you can easily take upwards of 10 damage. Unless, of course, the elf gets 21 thanks to her 3rd or 4th card. Busting would prevent that possibility.

The only way for you to do the same is blindly hoping that she might bust. Regular blackjack dictates you should stay if the dealer shows 5 or 6 because they'll likely bust. This game is unique in that if your two cards are collectively less than 10, it's not an obvious thing to take a 3rd card, even though you can't possibly bust.

Last edited: