What's new

RPG RPG Maker Localization [Acerola] Treasure Hunter Claire (English Localization on Steam, Manga Gamer, and JAST USA)

OP
chiakisan

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of news. I've been mostly posting progress reports on our Patreon. But the translation is basically 2/3rds done on both fronts.

I'll have some more news in the coming days and weeks ahead, including our next title/s after Treasure Hunter Claire.

bumpywolf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of news. I've been mostly posting progress reports on our Patreon. But the translation is basically 2/3rds done on both fronts.

I'll have some more news in the coming days and weeks ahead, including our next title/s after Treasure Hunter Claire.
Hi, any chance of translating this game next? its from acerola so you already have contact with them, this game never had even a partial translation and has lots of custumatization like no other games (you can change lots of things of the main character, hair types (front back sides) hair color, eye color, face type, boob size and many more stuff) i hope you can give that game a check when you have some time.

PS. im glad ur 2/3 of the translation at your current project, cant wait to play it in proper english and without censorship ;)

Iexist

Reputation score
Honestly, I don't doubt that quite a few Acerola games would be worth translating, but I doubt that there would be enough interest overall for it to be worth the effort, financially speaking.

I'd love the demon-girl game myself if we're being honest here, but the fact that anything at all is being done is good.

mark21800

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Their turn-based RPG's seem fairly popular with the last two breaking the ten thousand mark. Hopefully Cliare will get at least half of that when the translations done.

Last edited:

coolgy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Looking forward to this AND Slave Sword despite all the nonsense that has been going on recently. Hope you guys aren't too discouraged!

Ares02

Lurker
Reputation score
Hi, any chance of translating this game next? its from acerola so you already have contact with them, this game never had even a partial translation and has lots of custumatization like no other games (you can change lots of things of the main character, hair types (front back sides) hair color, eye color, face type, boob size and many more stuff) i hope you can give that game a check when you have some time.

PS. im glad ur 2/3 of the translation at your current project, cant wait to play it in proper english and without censorship ;)
Just to say, I was making a partial for personal use, but I stopped and trashed all, after their announce :p

Their turn-based RPG's seem fairly popular with the last two breaking the ten thousand mark. Hopefully Cliare will get at least half of that when the translations done.
Just the fact I can get a hold of the plot without understanding a single magic rune should tell something, all the protagonists of the acerola games are expressive af, and that is by itself something most games don't have.

Looking forward to this AND Slave Sword despite all the nonsense that has been going on recently. Hope you guys aren't too discouraged!
wait wait wait, what happened? °__°

Last edited:
OP
chiakisan

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that everything is fine, and the translation for Treasure Hunter Claire is going full steam ahead (pun not intended lol). But I did need a break from these forums for about a week or so due to some circumstances.

I plan to comment on all your posts, but I probably need a few more days to unwind or catch my breath.

Anyway, in the meantime, I’d like for this discussion to stay on topic and only be related to Claire and/or Acerola. Thanks guys.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Just wanted to let you know that everything is fine, and the translation for Treasure Hunter Claire is going full steam ahead (pun not intended lol).

still the best pun i heard lately, keep it up ! :p

bumpywolf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Just to say, I was making a partial for personal use, but I stopped and trashed all, after their announce :p
I just hope you mean a patch for treasure hunter claire since its getting a full patch as you can see.

If you mean about magical change alice then all i can say its NOOOOO!!! dont delete that partial patch :(

Ares02

Lurker
Reputation score
If you mean about magical change alice then all i can say its NOOOOO!!! dont delete that partial patch :(
eheheh, nope, trashed all in sign of trust (but it was a googletranslate translation, and wholly incomplete, so it's really not that much of a loss), I'm sorry :p

but let's go back on topic.

@chiakisan so, we can assume the bareback (no pun intended) system and NPC dialogues are already translated?

OP
chiakisan

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Hi again everyone,

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been mostly posting them on our Patreon, and I needed a respite from the forums. The last couple weeks have been pretty tough both personally and professionally for me, so I needed a cooling off period. I'm fine now though as most people have been really supportive. I'm truly grateful.

Anyway, let me get to everyone's questions.

Great question!

Because of our strong relationship with Acerola, I think it's pretty likely that we'd pickup this game as well. I think a lot is still dependent on sales figures though. Claire being a big success will be a nice start to our partnership.

Honestly, I don't doubt that quite a few Acerola games would be worth translating, but I doubt that there would be enough interest overall for it to be worth the effort, financially speaking.

I'd love the demon-girl game myself if we're being honest here, but the fact that anything at all is being done is good.
Eventually, I'd love to translate all their games, but yes, it does need to make financial sense too. In the short term, I think you might be right. However, along with Acerola, I really believe in our products. So we're in this for the long run :)

still the best pun i heard lately, keep it up ! :p
I try my best! XD

eheheh, nope, trashed all in sign of trust (but it was a googletranslate translation, and wholly incomplete, so it's really not that much of a loss), I'm sorry :p

but let's go back on topic.

@chiakisan so, we can assume the bareback (no pun intended) system and NPC dialogues are already translated?
Yes, all that's left is the h-scenes. But the Chinese translation is lagging behind because of a lot of the bugs that were encountered early on in the project. I'll try to keep you guys posted.

Wveth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Can anyone tell me what kinds of kinks are in this game? Any corruption and/or mindbreak? NTR? I don't need those ones to enjoy a game or anything but they are my faves. What kind of sexy time is this game about? :D

Ares02

Lurker
Reputation score
Briefly,
there's this girl, Claire that comes in a city were humans and monsters live together and begins working for a guild, making any kind of job, even the equivocal ones, even "jobs" whose name end with "-job". Luckily for her, she got cursed by some sort of spirit/goddess/whatever with a power that turns semen in a sort of supersajajin strenght, so things turn out... interesting...
and yes, this means a lot of corruption, not much mindbreak (acerola games generally have a quite light approach even to hard themes) but has a lot of ahegao if that's your kink,
and even a bit of netorare, if you get enough deeply in the secondary quests...
(what am I saying, from the end of the 1st dungeon on is actually all an undeclared NTR XD )
by the way, I don't undestand japanese, so this much is what I deduced by the tone of voices (a good dub) and the expression of the characters (the protagonist is so expressive that sometime you can undestand what they are saying only by looking at her)

Last edited:
OP
chiakisan

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Hi everyone,

So I have some bad news: Today, Steam started cracking down on hentai games. It's not the end of the world, but it'll mean that we'll have to start more heavily censoring our games now and in the future. This won't affect the uncensored patch, or the Manga Gamer or JAST versions of the game. But it'll force us to use a lot more time and resources to "fix" the Steam version of the game up.

So unfortunately, it'll mean that we'll have to push the release date back to July of 2018 now.

The good news is that this will give us a lot more time to polish the game up. And with how large the game is, it'll be well worth the wait! XD

PrivateEyes

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Hi everyone,

So I have some bad news: Today, Steam started cracking down on hentai games. It's not the end of the world, but it'll mean that we'll have to start more heavily censoring our games now and in the future. This won't affect the uncensored patch, or the Manga Gamer or JAST versions of the game. But it'll force us to use a lot more time and resources to "fix" the Steam version of the game up.

So unfortunately, it'll mean that we'll have to push the release date back to July of 2018 now.

The good news is that this will give us a lot more time to polish the game up. And with how large the game is, it'll be well worth the wait! XD
Man, that sucks to hear. I only found out after reading an article that HuniePop was being taken off Steam >.>

Dufoe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Thank you for keeping us informed, was just about to post a question on this.

I really hope this doesn't affect you guys, as well as dlsite publishing their translations and everyone else. We were off to such a good start, I can only hope Valve doesn't screw it up.

Ares02

Lurker
Reputation score
I knew it, you can't trust mainstream retailers <_<

keep it up!

Last edited:

samlans

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hi everyone,

Are we able to install a uncensor patch with the steam version? or isnt that a option?

OP
chiakisan

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Hi guys,

I have some good news. Steam has backpedaled on their earlier stance, and it looks like Claire (and hopefully Fallen) probably won't be under threat of removal (for now).

Because Steam has shown to be fickle, and can change their mind at anytime, we're still going to devote the time and resources to clean that version of the game up. So in regards to the July release, that will still stand.

But again, this is great news. There was a lot of uncertainty and stress hanging over our heads. I'm just glad that we can work again knowing that the future seems like it's going to be okay.

Man, that sucks to hear. I only found out after reading an article that HuniePop was being taken off Steam >.>
Yeah, a lot of hentai devs were in a panic. While I initially thought this was an overreaction, the hysteria and paranoia surrounding it started affecting me as well. However, I'm grateful to this community and its fans. It might've been the reaction of the community that eventually got Steam to back away.

Thank you for keeping us informed, was just about to post a question on this.

I really hope this doesn't affect you guys, as well as dlsite publishing their translations and everyone else. We were off to such a good start, I can only hope Valve doesn't screw it up.
You're very welcome! I'll try to be as transparent as possible with you guys. I could probably do a better job. I'll keep trying to improve in the future :)

It looks like everything is going to be okay, at least in the short term.

I knew it, you can't trust mainstream retailers <_<

keep it up!
Thanks, Ares! We always appreciate your support!

Are we able to install a uncensor patch with the steam version? or isnt that a option?
It'll probably be floating around somewhere. XD

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Hi guys,

I have some good news. Steam has backpedaled on their earlier stance, and it looks like Claire (and hopefully Fallen) probably won't be under threat of removal (for now).

Because Steam has shown to be fickle, and can change their mind at anytime, we're still going to devote the time and resources to clean that version of the game up. So in regards to the July release, that will still stand.

But again, this is great news. There was a lot of uncertainty and stress hanging over our heads. I'm just glad that we can work again knowing that the future seems like it's going to be okay.
there's a thread dedicated to this steam issue in the hentai section (https://ulmf.org/threads/apparent-steam-crackdown-on-ecchi.11790/ ), and from what people have said there, it was not in any way a change in valves policies.
Rather, what most erotic games and their developers were receiving were a organized wave of mass-reports and subsequently automated messages informing them of this.

But as i said, check the thread for more details and hopefully actual first-hand information.