What's new

ACT Shota [酸遁 / ACID STYLE] KEMOMIMI TREASURE HUNTERS! けもみみトレジャーハンターズ! (RE269588) (RJ269588)

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

The newest game from developer ACID STYLE (maker of BARRAGE and Explorer of the Golden Planet is set to come out late this month. It features dual protagonists (pictured and yes, one is male) going around various locations hunting for treasure.

Dlsite:
ENG Dlsite:
Devblog:
Ci-En:

Story:
Untranslated, but from what I can gather it follows these twins who live out in the boonies with their mother. One day their mother comes down with a serious illness, so they run into town for medicine only to realize they can't afford it. Desperate, they take up work as treasure hunters to try and get rich quick so they can help their ailing parent. Adventuring seems to run in the family as there just happens to be a suite of guns and hunting traps in the backroom of the house, which they pull out and head into the woods with after a tip from a shopkeeper in town about a valuable apple of some kind.

Gameplay:
It's a top-down view action game, very rpgmaker in style where you control your character, press one button to shoot, another to set a trap and another still to recover set traps (because you can only take so many with you.) Weapons do differing amounts of damage, have differing ranges, reload speeds, accuracy, so on - initially you're only given a basic pistol and a shotgun, but there's a revolver (basically a straight upgrade to the pistol) to be found in the woods. When an enemy touches one of your characters, it'll start an animated grab h-scene in the same style and quality we've come to expect from this dev. As usual you can button mash to get out of the grab, and you'll take damage so long as it continues. Health bar is in the top left.

Now here's the interesting part; since there are dual protagonist (brother and sister) and you can switch between them (at checkpoints and at home,) whichever one you aren't currently controlling will follow you around as an assistant npc. They have infinite health (but can't escape or be freed from grabs - the full animation will play out once, then they'll resume combat) and infinite traps (though they expire after being on the ground for about 5 seconds) but the only command you can issue to them is "stay" or "follow." They do however use the gear (gun, traps and accessory) you equipped them with even if they're an npc, so if you give the brother bear traps and then play as the sister, the brother will frequently set down bear traps for you.

Finally, you can find campfires during dungeons that act as checkpoints which restore you to full health and restock your traps when you approach, while also being usable as warp points in and out of the dungeon once unlocked. Oh, also, one of the chests in the forest has a map that can be toggled on, scaled, and turned back off with v.

Controls:
WASD to move around.
Z to interact/shoot
X to command your sibling (wait/follow)
C to toggle auto-aim on/off (locks onto nearest enemy)
V to toggle minimap/make it bigger (you have to find the item that unlocks it first, it's in the forest)
A to place trap from slot 1
S to place trap from slot 2
D to reload
F to recover trap (you have to be standing on it, you can only pick up your own traps - not your sibling's
When grabbed, mash wasd + shoot to escape.
Everything else is controlled through menus.

Fetishes: monsters, rape, yaoi, incest, kemonomimi, tentacles, bondage, more to come

The game has the shota tag, but not loli. The characters are twins. Take that as you will.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Thread moved to GUC as game has not been released. Also I put spaces in the title.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
Actually, the traps are infinite use.

The limit is how many you can put down at a time, and there's 2 slots for traps.

Your supporter also teleport to you if they ever leave the screen, so do be careful when trying to tell them to sit still before approaching.

For the most part you can basically tell them to stop, walk up, hold Trap 1 or 2 button and make a wall out of it, fire to lure enemies over, put down a 2nd layer of wall behind the first and keep on killing.
Then pick up any traps still alive afterward so you can repeat for the next group.

MadCat5814

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
welp, although the dev said he will try to make it straight forward so non-japanese speakers can play it,
but looking at the demo this WILL need translation.

and one thing about dual protagonists; each of them is specialized in different hunting gears.
brother handles gun better, so he gets one more bullet in a load.
likewise, sister is better at setting traps and gets an additional trap for each of trap equip slots.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
Kinda stuck after the first forest area. I got these vine bracelets from a chest. Returning home doesn't do anything, and going to the social points in town does nothing either. Maybe I need to switch protagonist.

Edit: Nevermind. Searched the entire forest and found a plant near water in the top left grid of the forest. Took that to the innkeeper (assuming) and the story is progressing.

Last edited:
OP
Games Dude

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
Kinda stuck after the first forest area. I got these vine bracelets from a chest. Returning home doesn't do anything, and going to the social points in town does nothing either. Maybe I need to switch protagonist.
Did you find the big tree with a giant apple in the forest? It's in the upper right corner of the map and when you grab it you get thrown into a "survive waves of enemies" kind of situation. Once you clear that, you go back to town and report to the shopkeeper again, though I think that's the end of the demo since I couldn't unlock any other areas after that.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
Sot here's two enemies in the trial. The slime and the plant.

OP
Games Dude

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
Sot here's two enemies in the trial. The slime and the plant.
Seems that way, unless I'm missing out on something big. Still, each enemy has two animations so it's decent for a demo.

Caernarvon

Reputation score
Is there any way to play as just one of the siblings? Maybe as post-game content in final release but just curious.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
Is there any way to play as just one of the siblings? Maybe as post-game content in final release but just curious.
I'm not sure. I remember reading that multiple other characters may join you. So perhaps you can sub out the brother for another character. I think the game wants you to have an ally at all times. There may be a segment where the game takes away your partner after being with them all game, just to reconnect after a level or two I guess.

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score
there is a 3rd part to the forest pretty much same as with the apple, big waves of flower rapeythings happens before grabbing its a white flower after you get, it sends you back to the main map then go talk to the barmaid. I think that is it for the demo, also found 2nd ring??vein an a 3rd gun.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
there is a 3rd part to the forest pretty much same as with the apple, big waves of flower rapeythings happens before grabbing its a white flower after you get, it sends you back to the main map then go talk to the barmaid. I think that is it for the demo, also found 2nd ring??vein an a 3rd gun.
Yes, I got two ring/bracelets, the standard pistol, a revolver, and a shotgun. The caltrops, the bear traps, and an emerald that's basically a stationary turret.

Damn, I need more, like now.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Thread moved to H-games as the game has been released.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score
They's also a Ci-en. If you can spare a minute, give them a follow to show some support.

MadCat5814

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
huh, that's fast. thought it would be end of this month.

btw, the dev noted that DLsite seems actually play the game to do those inspection stuff;
he got a message from DLsite's inspection team requesting complete save data.

OP
Games Dude

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
Bought it, played it, beat it. Gallery unlocks based on story progress, not what you've actually seen. Full save attached (drop it in user data -> story in the game folder.)

It was good, the game was fun and interesting, the characters are cute and while it's relatively small, it keeps things fresh and keeps your from getting bored. Animations are great quality as always, and there's 4 new ones per area - 2 per enemy and 2 new enemies in each dungeon + 3 full screen cgs and 3 bonus animations with a recruitable npc.

We even get the happy ending, where their mother is recovering and their father comes home from whatever long trip he was on, is all proud of them and happy see everyone doing okay and then we get a full screen scene of the mom and dad fucking, which the kids walked in on by mistake lol

Overall I liked it a lot, especially nice considering the low price on it (about $10). There's more for me to find, too; I'm missing 2 treasures, half the weapons, 3 or 4 traps and almost all the accessories. Lots of completionist stuff to do.

Attachments