What's new

Across the Void (RP Interest Check)

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score
So. With Dark Plains underway, and my RP cogs ticking once again, I've taken it upon myself to handle two RP's at once. This one will be much more detailed, and trust me when I say it's going to be a bit more........freedom-based. No classes, no ability sheets, no stats. Just raw freeform/GM RP. But enough rambling. Here's the scoop.

The RP kicks off just after This lovely piece of writing right here, with the squad, which your characters are a part of, preparing to deploy to Vega IV, the planet that they have to take back from the antagonists, the Harbingers. Trust me on this, things get real interesting real fast. Specifics can be provided upon request, and I will go into as much detail as possible about this RP.

And the RP itself will not be starting until most likely May 15th-ish, what with arranging the subforum and what-have-you. It may start sooner, depending on how things go over the next couple of weeks IRL.

Also, I'll be having a couple of co-GM's along for the ride to help in case I poof for any reasons, and they'll be read in on the story development, so rest assured if I disappear it won't suddenly grind to a halt.

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Acroos the Void (RP Interest Check)

M'bien.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Very interested to read all

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Standard or ero rp? We just put whatever the he'll we want or is there aome "structure" to it? Freetown is good.... Butbim just fuzzy on hownit may play out.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Across the Void (RP Interest Check)

Oh, there's definitely structure to this. I've already got enough planned out to keep this going for at LEAST a month or two, if it moves as fast as predicted. Basically, I'll be deciding where the ship goes, but you'll be the ones fighting the ground-based engagements. Trust me on this when I say I'm not leaping into this blindly. I've been plotting this one out for a good, long time, and I intend to make it as enthralling an experience as I can.

EDIT: Totally missed the Ero comment. Depending on whether or not people request it, I will consider adding in Ero moments.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Alright, I do kind of miss Linda, and I've been playing too much Mass Effect to Not fight anything called Harbingers, so yeah, I'm in.

Question: how effective have traditional attacks been against the creatures and their ships. Obviously not horribly effective, but how much does it take, exactly?

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

The creatures themselves have high-powered shielding devices protecting them, but their bodies are as frail as a human being. As for their ships, they've got the same powered shielding, and have armor thick enough to deflect a conventional laser blast, so they take some serious fire to take down. Traditional projectile attacks are fairly ineffective against them. Normal 5.56 Assault Rifles generally take between 50-70 bullets to take down the shields of their standard infantry. Generally speaking, they're hard as hell to kill.

X Man

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

You proabably already know, but I definitely want in on it :D

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh yes, and before I forget. A little something on Aliens.

As the game progresses, we might make contact with new alien species. When we do, we might save some from the Harbingers, and they might just join us, bringing along a few bits and pieces of technology to add to the collection, and strengthen the ship. In essence, we save a race, take some on board, and then new players can create characters from any of those species that we've so far saved. Be sure to PM me a race idea you have in mind.

Last edited:
OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

*Directs all future interest to the new Subforum*