What's new

ACT Abandoned [hentairobotfromthefuture] Hero and Monster

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [ACT] Hero and Monster

I agree with anotherlurker! We need to all go to OP's house and force him to give us a demo/full release of something that he's making for fun/isn't milking for money/didn't even have to show to us in the first place! It's our right to get what we want when we want it without having to deal with impatience at all!

...seriously though; with due respect it's obvious that scope-creep is biting this game in the rear. Though in this odd case I don't even mind it, because the scope-creep is going in a good direction. I'm excited for this, but can understand that he's just got release jitters "No, I have to have this perfect before I move on" etc. Hoping for a release soon, and am expecting a "first game" vibe, but I'm more looking forward to where things go from here.

at least its not like waiting for liru :p
Ouch :p

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

A demo you say?

A demo...

Oh I'll give you a demo...yessssss... a special limited-edition ULMF-only demo...

Also I'm flattered to be nominated for the cocktease of the year award, but Noaika is the best cocktease of all time.

Of all time.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A demo you say?

A demo...

Oh I'll give you a demo...yessssss... a special limited-edition ULMF-only demo...

Also I'm flattered to be nominated for the cocktease of the year award, but Noaika is the best cocktease of all time.

Of all time.
Thx i was just forgotten noaika...:(

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

Ok folks, pitchforks down.

Just for you, I've created a super rare limited edition ULMF-only demo. You can find it here:

The password for the zip file is ulmf.

In this demo, Hero-kun starts with the Ring of Infinite HP already in his inventory. To equip it, you'll need to decipher the various clues and riddles I've left scattered around the level. Note that in the full version, you'll need to beat the game to get the ring.

There are no game over CGs in the demo, simply because I haven't coded them in yet. In fact, there is no game over at all. Press P to pop back up with half your HP restored.

Controls:
Z - Jump
X - Attack/Select
P - Add 50 HP
W - Subtract 50 HP
1, 2, 3, 4 - Change window size
0 - Full screen

And before anybody says it, yes, this is a VERY simple game. Expect it to cost $5 when I release it.

sudonuma

Reputation score

Thanks for the demo! It's lookin' promising for a first game.

The collision was a little wonky when I jumped up into blocks (would occasionally get stuck) but everything else seems pretty solid.

With some good level design, I think this will turn out great. Good luck!

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just for you, I've created a super rare limited edition ULMF-only demo. You can find it here:

In this demo, Hero-kun starts with the Ring of Infinite HP already in his inventory. To equip it, you'll need to decipher the various clues and riddles I've left scattered around the level. Note that in the full version, you'll need to beat the game to get the ring.

There are no game over CGs in the demo, simply because I haven't coded them in yet. In fact, there is no game over at all. Press P to pop back up with half your HP restored.

Controls:
Z - Jump
X - Attack/Select
P - Add 50 HP
W - Subtract 50 HP
0 - Full screen

And before anybody says it, yes, this is a VERY simple game. Expect it to cost $5 when I release it.

well i wasnt expecting you will just throw a demo from nowhere....today...after the complaings.

"lol demo q=ring"

Kek

Last edited:

PunCake

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Controls:
Z - Jump
X - Attack/Select
P - Add 50 HP
W - Subtract 50 HP
0 - Full screen

Rip they basically forced you to release a demo

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rip they basically forced you to release a demo
its not like theres was someone pointing at his head with a gun, if you check the people complaining about the delay are the same im sure hentairobotfromthefuture really gives a fuck about the whole drama anyway.

also its pretty decent demo for the content its planned, really like the idea of having different animation with ring on/off and defeat.

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

Okay, wow.

As a demo, lots of issues. Also as a demo, holy crap its awesome.

This game is going to be kickass when you get the full thing out. Props for actually understanding some of the things that make h-games fun.

Though, as you do balancing, I think this particular game will benefit from a larger health bar making it a slower process of attrition before the hero gets broken and becomes a cum fountain for everything nearby to snack on.

Without a struggle mechanic (don't remember if you have one planned or not), longer scenes before climax might get a little bit tedious so a skip button that would skip to the end of the scene (and properly deduct the total health damage) might be in order.

I also mention this because as I've noticed with most games the audience is about 50/50 split between those who don't understand why losing" should be a good thing in h-games and are hellbent on winning, and there are those that understand that the fun is how gracefully, slowly, and teasingly you lose.

The ring is for those who want to win while set pieces in level design, scene progression, and the ability to succumb slowly and gracefully into a game over for the others. Guarantee you, I'll probably never get the ring outside of a cheat in the final game.:D

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

Without a struggle mechanic (don't remember if you have one planned or not), longer scenes before climax might get a little bit tedious so a skip button that would skip to the end of the scene (and properly deduct the total health damage) might be in order.
Thanks for posting this. There is absolutely a struggle mechanic (same as every other game: just button mash to get out), but your post made me realize that other games show buttons being mashed or the joystick going back and forth. It didn't even occur to me to add a visual indicator to button mash. I'll be sure to put that in.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for posting this. There is absolutely a struggle mechanic (same as every other game: just button mash to get out), but your post made me realize that other games show buttons being mashed or the joystick going back and forth. It didn't even occur to me to add a visual indicator to button mash. I'll be sure to put that in.
A transition from "normal rape" to "defeat rape" animation, with the defeat one being endless rape then game over screen and ¿CG you mentioned? (wow theres really gonna be CG :?)

just throwing random ideas around.

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

A transition from "normal rape" to "defeat rape" animation, with the defeat one being endless rape then game over screen and ¿CG you mentioned? (wow theres really gonna be CG :?)

just throwing random ideas around.
The CG you get will depend on which enemy reduced you to 0 hp. All of the KO'd animations will still play until you press a key or something, then it'll go to the CG.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

also switching the ring on/off during animations changes them a little.

Drakeero

Lurker
Reputation score

The CG you get will depend on which enemy reduced you to 0 hp. All of the KO'd animations will still play until you press a key or something, then it'll go to the CG.
THIS, to be honest I'm not the biggest fan of Game Over CG. I mean it kinda forgets the whole idea that the animated sprite scenes are somewhat charming all in their own.

It's so much more fun to actually have a dynamic 0 hp scene playing out with monsters taking turns.

Which reminds me, something else I noticed. If you screw around with equipping/unequipping the ring during certain scenes, it seems as if you can glitch it and force an older, prototype animation to play instead. With those like-like segmented worm things... you can force the hero directly onto his back while the worm gets on top of him entirely and bounces.

In my opinion its actually really neat even if its an older animation that isn't as good as the others. I wouldn't be so quick to scrap it. As an animation by itself it might not compare to the others but if its already done and available you might be able to use it with a little tweaking.

When the hero hits 0 hp its kinda awesome to see him break and just start squirting like that as everything around partakes in the feast of victory. That stage should definitely linger for a little while, but after maybe 5 or 6 monster cycles if the player hasn't pushed any keys to progress to the game over why not have him physically collapse of exhaustion and require the monsters to actually start working on him again? That's the final part that'll loop indefinitely until the player goes to GO.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

THIS, to be honest I'm not the biggest fan of Game Over CG. I mean it kinda forgets the whole idea that the animated sprite scenes are somewhat charming all in their own.

It's so much more fun to actually have a dynamic 0 hp scene playing out with monsters taking turns.

Which reminds me, something else I noticed. If you screw around with equipping/unequipping the ring during certain scenes, it seems as if you can glitch it and force an older, prototype animation to play instead. With those like-like segmented worm things... you can force the hero directly onto his back while the worm gets on top of him entirely and bounces.

In my opinion its actually really neat even if its an older animation that isn't as good as the others. I wouldn't be so quick to scrap it. As an animation by itself it might not compare to the others but if its already done and available you might be able to use it with a little tweaking.

When the hero hits 0 hp its kinda awesome to see him break and just start squirting like that as everything around partakes in the feast of victory. That stage should definitely linger for a little while, but after maybe 5 or 6 monster cycles if the player hasn't pushed any keys to progress to the game over why not have him physically collapse of exhaustion and require the monsters to actually start working on him again? That's the final part that'll loop indefinitely until the player goes to GO.
more like old animation its just MC toying around with his life bar, all the animation changes doing this even the ones when you die, its a nice touch and validates mc know about his inmortality and just want to screw around when he get the ring.

OP
hentairobotfromthefuture
Reputation score

That animation is supposed to happen.

I'm not great at drawing scene transitions. He puts the ring on, there's a flash, the worm is like "oh ok he's just laying there now", then does its thing.

A couple of the monsters have entirely different animations if you add/remove the ring during an animation.

Tildryn

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It's just three monsters we can access just now, with the others being imprisoned/inaccessible, right?