What's new

Adbots

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I've noticed a few times that AdBots occasionally like to post in threads that are already going. While this leads to some amusement in other boards, I find that here it can disrupt flow.

So what I'd like to happen, is instead of calling douchebag as usual in the thread, just ignore it and send me a PM or such with the thread name and the page number of the adbot (this is more important for CYOAs where votes can tally up quickly and move on to the next page), and I can go in and remove the adbot's post. This way there will be no disruption of flow. I'll try to catch as many as I can, but I won't be combing through every single thread to try and catch the adbots.

Hopefully this works out.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Adbots

Er, does the little "report post" button in the upper right corner of each post not work or something? I figured calling 'em douches was just some sorta catharsis for people.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Er, does the little "report post" button in the upper right corner of each post not work or something? I figured calling 'em douches was just some sorta catharsis for people.
Calling them douches is a competition. I don't think anyone is keeping score anymore, though.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm relatively sure that I will receive notifications from pressing the "report post" button, however I'm not 100% as I've yet to see it used since I was made librarian here.

And yes, calling douchebag is just a game, and I don't think score is getting kept anymore.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

The report button is kinda wonkey. I've received emails from people reporting something on their profile comments twice. The only reason I can figure this is the case is because I have mod powers over the CG forums. IIRC, it also went out to everyone else that has the same settings. I assume in specific forums the report logic is working better, IDK.