What's new

RPG Patreon Adventure High 0.89 [4/20/24]

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hello everyone. I have been working on an H-Game based around the themes of Mind Control and Transformation for quite a while. Since I just finished a new release of it, I thought I might share it and maybe get some feedback.

Play Now:
Patreon:

The general premise of the game is that you are a new student at essentially a college for potential adventurers (Every character in the game is 18+, as that is the minimum enrollment age for the school). Every student has a gift for some kind of magic, which influences exactly what spells they will learn as they grow. Your character's gift, however, is for control magic.

Whether you use your powers for only good, indulge in a few temptations, or conquer the school entirely is up to you.

The gameplay is sort of a hybrid of a Visual Novel and an RPG. The dungeons play out like a maze with random encounters where you can practice your spells on monsters, and learn new spells as your proficiency improves. Hidden within the dungeon are notes that will unlock secret classes that will give you a substantial boost to the associated school of magic, and are required for graduation.

Outside of the dungeon, the game plays more like a Visual novel with fairly frequent dialogue choices that impact how characters feel about you and where the story goes. There is a bit of a twist though; at any time during most conversations, you can cast spells on the person you are talking to in order to help, manipulate, or even outright enslave them.

Features

- 20 characters who can be put under your control.
- Ability to change the personalities of most characters you control.
- Turn based RPG combat with unique spells for every character
- Romance options for the heroic path.
- Multiple main storylines based on your choices and actions

Here's a sample of some screen shots from the game. I am working with an artist on improving the game's artwork. So far, we've got most of the character portraits and a lot of the scenes updated.

Anyways, any feedback would be good to have. This is my first time to work on a project of this size, and I am working mostly alone so I'm sure I have overlooked some features here and there. I have been putting an effort into fixing bugs as soon as I hear about them, and trying to include requested features as quickly as I can figure out an effective way to code them.

Last edited:

colasCageNi

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Adventure High

Wow. You are a complete beginner and need a lot of practice and Patroen for that? :D

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I like this very much. Gotta say, the concept of being able to use many different spells during conversation or to change a character's personality is quite intriguing. Though it probably requires double the writing for some of the characters.

OP
Changer

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

@colasCageNi: I'm not a *complete* beginner. I just haven't worked on a game of this size before. Most of the games I had made in the past were games that could be completed in 1-4 months time. The point I am trying to get across is that I recognize my fallibility and welcome suggestions and feedback. Not that I have no idea what I am doing.

@Xil: It requires roughly four times as much writing for a lot of scenes, as there are four personalities for each character. Though, some scenes end up with more. For instance, when changing a character's personality I wrote a full sequence from every personality to every other personality. So, that sequence has 16 versions for every character that can have their personalities changed up to this point. xD

I am hoping that the added effort will be worth it though, aesthetically. It would make little sense to make a character into a bimbo then have them talking like they normally would in conversations.

Impure

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This game looks interesting, still have to play it longer to give feedback.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Pretty good

A few comments:

You still get exp when monsters run away from you in fear, so it is possible to max out your level by just walking around on the upper levels where everything runs and avoid combat entirely
This may not be as intended

You can't seem to change your mind on not taking full control of Val. Makes sense if you can't decide you want to release her because that's likely to have her tell on people, but I'm not sure why you can't decide to put her under your control later on
Edit: Checked walkthrough, guess you can. Haven't found the option for it while I played though

School, and town seem empty. Seems like it's still early in development so that makes sense
Also seems like there's not a lot of girls out there yet
Doesn't seem to have any transforming yet either, not a clue what to expect on that
Edit: Checking the walkthrough, it seems I broke the storyline by not enslaving Val while enslaving Sarah

Has some good potential, well done

Last edited:
OP
Changer

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks for both the compliments and feedback. Sorry you had some problems though.

I am still trying to balance out the enemy fleeing; I just added it in this latest update, so exactly how much EXP you get, and when enemies will run is still likely to be tweaked as I get new feedback on it so you don't end up unable to learn new spells due to monsters fleeing.

A lot of the enslavement options involve casting spells during conversations, rather than a dialogue option. If you see the spell menu icon on the top left of a conversation, there is at least one spell that will do something, assuming you know that spell.

Transformations all require new art, so they are a bit slower to write than straight mind control, but I do have at least three notable instances of transformation so far; which I'll put in spoiler tags.

When characters are enslaved, some personality changes come with physical transformations in addition to costume changes; most notably Val's breasts and hips growing when she is a bimbo.

Cassandra's enslavement sequence involves transforming her into a cow-girl (with options for how cow-like she is)

If you don't enslave Sarah, and talk to her regularly, once you learn the Stone Skin spell she will ask you about it and give you the opportunity to briefly turn her into a living statue, or turn her skin into plastic. In the next update there will also be a scene where you can turn her permanently into a living doll

You didn't break the storyline though by not enslaving Val. There are two other opportunities to enslave her, or you can enslave Julia in the library after you have attended at least one secret class to get the two slaves needed to trigger the start of the student enslavement plot-line.

I am working on trying to add more characters as quickly as I can without slowing the progression of the plot-lines. I've been getting faster at making new art, so hopefully I should be able to get the school and town to be a bit less empty before too long.

OP
Changer

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I just released Version 0.20. Here's what's new in this version:

- There is now a chance that students will appear in Dr. Tiff's classroom to complain about "vampire" attacks on the first floor.
- 3 new scenes involving a mysterious Berserker added
- Berserker can now be recruited.
- 1 new chat scene with Julia
- 1 new floor added to the dungeon
- 1 new monster added to the dungeon
- 1 new note added to the dungeon
- Jane's first secret class added
- 1 new spell for Dan/Rosa added
- Jane's private lesson for Charm spell added for Heroic, Tempted, and Enslavement Paths added.
- Avatar and Icons for Main Character updated
- 2 new scenes for Sarah; leading to major splash image of a nude, Dollified Sarah.
- Doll Sarah now stands in the corner of the bedroom if she is currently inanimate.
- 2 new avatar images for Sarah
- New version of Sarah's Library image if she is in her Doll Form

Red_Swallow

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

- 3 new scenes involving a mysterious Berserker added
- Berserker can now be recruited.
The 3 scenes are just recruitment yes? Also there's a UI bug with Berserker where the Slap command and Berserk overlap and the Grapple icon is what I assume the Berserk icon would be, red X on white.

OP
Changer

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The 3 scenes are just recruitment yes? Also there's a UI bug with Berserker where the Slap command and Berserk overlap and the Grapple icon is what I assume the Berserk icon would be, red X on white.
Yeah, the three scenes are the ones on the recruitment path; one in the bedroom, one in the library, and one on the streets.

Sorry about that bug; I seem to have gotten some of the coordinates mixed up. I have a fix uploading now.

crabgrab

Reputation score

Ms Rack uses magic to shrink her breasts down?

Is she going to get the same kind of personality changing options as the other characters? The way I see it that is asking for an "oblivious" personality where she thinks everything is normal no matter what happens. So she thinks she is suppressing her breast size like usual when in fact she is bulging out of the now tight outfit.

With the library scene being something like section 3 of this image
danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1844060

Shameless begging for a scene I would like aside, your game is very interesting so far. This kind of personality changing and style of mind control does not get enough love.

I wish you luck in completing it.

OP
Changer

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I seem to have forgotten to post about the last update... and almost forgot to mention this one. Um... oops. xD The game is now on V0.22, with a fair amount of new content added in the last couple months. Any feedback would still be greatly appreciated. Here's a list of what's new since the last time I'd posted about it.

- Added library scene for Dr. Tiff.
- New redemption plot-line added. Val is released from your control by Dr. Tiff and you will need to either release your slaves or deal with Dr. Tiff so she doesn't free anyone else.
- New release sequences added for Ms. Rack, Cassandra, Julia, and Sarah.
- 4 new scenes added for Val, including two potential re-enslavement sequences.
- 1 new monster added
- 1 new floor added
- Added 1 new support spell for Cassandra
- New intel available from Julia on Dr. Tiff.
- 3 new scenes on Faculty Enslavement route leading to Dr. Tiff's enslavement.
- 2 alternate scenes leading up towards Tiff's enslavement added, with a variation for each of Cassandra's personalities.
- Several scenes added to alternate Berserker plot involving Julia.
- 1 new enslavement sequence for Julia added.
- Ice Blade buffed to be on par with other 2nd level spells
- 1 new destructive spell added for Val
- 1 new destructive spell added for Sarah
- 1 New Slave Chatter scene between Charmed Val and Normal Sarah added
- 1 New Slave Chatter scene between Normal Cassandra and Charmed Sarah added
- Sarah will now ask Dan out if he is single and her affection towards him is 50 or higher. (Sarah is straight and monogamous, so dating her as Rosa or while also dating another character will still require the Charm spell)
- 3 new scenes for the Cowed Cassandra Plot added
- New avatars for Jane, and Dan drawn by RokuMoku
- Button added to bedroom to toggle style between old art and new
- Chat icons now reflect the currently selected style

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How do you save? I click save and it mentions 1 of 3 slots, but i dont see anything to click on and pressing 1/2/3 does nothing.

Possible to DL and play it outside of the website? or make the screen bigger?

OP
Changer

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

How do you save? I click save and it mentions 1 of 3 slots, but i dont see anything to click on and pressing 1/2/3 does nothing.

Possible to DL and play it outside of the website? or make the screen bigger?
If you press the advance button, the choice of slots will appear as a dialogue option.

I do have a zip folder with the game in it if you want to play locally

There is no way to resize it though, unfortunately. I had to disable scaling because it was causing the game's filesize to skyrocket. The FTP server that I use to upload the game has a 20 MB limit, and the game is already at around 15 MB.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well im stumped. Cant get anything to happen. ive got the berserker, sarah is free, val is enslaved, gotten to level 9 of dungeon, nothing is happening no matter what i do. trying to trigger cassandra or sarah stuff but neither is happening. spent a while just going in and out of classrooms thinking something might happen but nothing.

OP
Changer

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

You are currently sitting directly in the middle of the two early plot-hooks. You've enslaved someone, so the heroic plot won't start, but you haven't enslaved anyone else so the evil plot hasn't begun yet. So, a large chunk of the story won't be available until you enslave another character.

In the dungeon, did you happen to use the "flee from everything" strategy? Side conversations with specific characters unlock based on their level, so if you avoided leveling Sarah up, you wouldn't be able to see her scenes.

OP
Changer

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Just released the new update. This one's a fair bit larger than the last one. Here's what I've managed to add in this version:

- 2 new floors added to dungeon.
- 2 new monsters added
- 1 new note added
- 1 New scene with Molly added at 10th floor note
- Item store now functional.
- Several new sequences involving Molly added, triggered by using the Love Potion #9 & 3/4ths on her multiple times.
- 2 new areas in town added.
- 4 items added to Item Store. (Note, what items you buy will influence Molly's opinion of you in addition to their normal affects)
- Able to obtain gems after talking to Molly in the Item Store.
- Current Gem count added to stats in the Party Menu.
- First date with un-charmed Sarah added. Scene includes brief windows where she becomes vulnerable to either Confuse, Charm, or Suppression.
- 1 new make-out scene with Sarah added. (If you have 75 or higher affection during the first date with Sarah she will agree to make out with you, and a new scene will be available in the bedroom. If you have less than 75 affection, you can cause the scene to happen by casting charm on her at the right moment when she rejects your offer.)
- 2 new splash pages to go with the make-out scene. One with Normal Sarah, and one with Doll Sarah.
- 1 new spell for Sarah, replaces Cauterize when learned. Can be learned by selecting "take the lead" during the make-out scene with Sarah.
- 2 new spells for Molly added. One will be cast randomly once she knows it, the other cannot be used until she is able to be given combat orders.
- Physical Magic secret class added
- Monsters now have weaknesses and resistances towards certain aspects of spells, which can affect the spell power of spells matching those aspects.
- Baby Slime's defense reduced.
- New avatar for Dr. Tiff added
- New avatar for Rosa added
- Color of menus and buttons changed, and portrait size on icons made to be more uniform.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nice new models, but the nurse one is a bit over the top Lol.

Game looks really weird now, you have a few HQ Models then a bunch of LQ models, planning to upgrade them all eventually?

Didnt try much, love the cyan/teal screens instead of hot pink.

OP
Changer

Changer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Nice new models, but the nurse one is a bit over the top Lol.

Game looks really weird now, you have a few HQ Models then a bunch of LQ models, planning to upgrade them all eventually?

Didnt try much, love the cyan/teal screens instead of hot pink.
I am working on getting them all upgraded; if the mixed styles bother you though, you can turn off the new avatars by clicking on the main character's icon in the bedroom.

The artist I'm working with to upgrade the game's art seems to be finishing about 2-3 characters a month at the moment, so it might be a little bit until I have all the art replaced.

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Will the main character get a new female model also?

Doesnt bother me :p just clashes some when they are showed back to back hehe.