What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

schwarzone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

All the new blacks have been broken for the past couple of months. It's the power-creep in action.
Not really. The imperials are fairly balanced, Dorothea was actually pretty bad until this balance update, Kibahime is strong but she has that huge cost and lowish defense to temper her, so she's by no means broken. Emperor's got his 1-use only so thats not broken, Shino is certainly not broken unless you think all hiders are OP (hint- they're not). By extension of that, Fiore certainly has her niche uses but otherwise isn't a particularly strong unit by herself, so you can't say that's broken either. That leaves us with...Lapis, Mirielle, and Ashera as potentially the only "broken" units in the last 8ish months. And even that's a stretch. Strong != broken.

Could it be that the new Vampire Princess is broken as fuck?

5187 HP, 881 ATK, 894 DEF at 20 cost.

And if I understand this right upon the 3rd skill activation her skill becomes infinite duration: 3x ATK/DEF and 18% HP recovery on hit... all you have to do is make sure she lives until then.

Don't forget this is a vampire unit. Sure, with those stats, she'll be tough and very strong in regular content. Having said that, she still won't hold up in extreme situations relying on solely her own drain. Strong ranged nukes like Maou and Keraunos, plus all the 10+ Majin will decimate her, and even face-tanking them likely won't be possible since you'd be relying on her to get 6 attacks in to recover before they can get 2 hits in. That's really unlikely unless the enemy hits as slow as a golem, and most of these are faster than that. Take away the extremes and you're left with a fairly competent duelist, but we have plenty of those already in the black spectrum, so its nothing special.

soranokira

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Not really. The imperials are fairly balanced, Dorothea was actually pretty bad until this balance update, Kibahime is strong but she has that huge cost and lowish defense to temper her, so she's by no means broken. Emperor's got his 1-use only so thats not broken, Shino is certainly not broken unless you think all hiders are OP (hint- they're not). By extension of that, Fiore certainly has her niche uses but otherwise isn't a particularly strong unit by herself, so you can't say that's broken either. That leaves us with...Lapis, Mirielle, and Ashera as potentially the only "broken" units in the last 8ish months. And even that's a stretch. Strong != broken.

Don't forget this is a vampire unit. Sure, with those stats, she'll be tough and very strong in regular content. Having said that, she still won't hold up in extreme situations relying on solely her own drain. Strong ranged nukes like Maou and Keraunos, plus all the 10+ Majin will decimate her, and even face-tanking them likely won't be possible since you'd be relying on her to get 6 attacks in to recover before they can get 2 hits in. That's really unlikely unless the enemy hits as slow as a golem, and most of these are faster than that. Take away the extremes and you're left with a fairly competent duelist, but we have plenty of those already in the black spectrum, so its nothing special.
Thanks, your answer is brilliant and saves me some effort from questioning their understanding of the game.

Anyway, just ask yourselves this: how often do you use a duelist (referring to a unit that can only hit 1 target and block 1 target, is melee slot and doesnt have a ranged attack) after you're at least 1 year into the game and have both miruno and emperor, and whether you even bring them into a map you're entering blind?

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I like the Avenger, Bandit, Vampire and Dragon buffs. The rest is mostly power creeping (archers and witches were probably necessary though)

Mmmm I have my doubts. IF, IF, she gets to the 3rd skill activation, that's 2800atk/3200def with just prince. Buff her a little and she will slice anything except for the majin themselves (with that def and 50% evasion she even has a chance against Shuten).
I agree there is little reason to use duelists nowadays, but if a duelist manages to 1hk/2hk most "medium size" units out there without requiring a healer, things may change.

I'm not saying she is broken just that I would like to see how far can a team based on her reach before rushing a judgement.

Edit: oh, that token is good (so she is effectively a 2 block 2 hit for 27 cost :p)
Video linked in discord:

Last edited:

schwarzone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I like the Avenger, Bandit, Vampire and Dragon buffs. The rest is mostly power creeping (archers and witches were probably necessary though)

Mmmm I have my doubts. IF, IF, she gets to the 3rd skill activation, that's 2800atk/3200def with just prince. Buff her a little and she will slice anything except for the majin themselves (with that def and 50% evasion she even has a chance against Shuten).
I agree there is little reason to use duelists nowadays, but if a duelist manages to 1hk/2hk most "medium size" units out there without requiring a healer, things may change.

I'm not saying she is broken just that I would like to see how far can a team based on her reach before rushing a judgement.

Edit: oh, that token is good (so she is effectively a 2 block 2 hit for 27 cost :p)
Video linked in discord:

If you're curious, I went and experimented.

Passive buffed with Sarah, AW Prince, Sieglinde, Aisha, B.Iris, Kikyou, Cynthia, no actives:

All actives up (Sarah, B.Iris, Lapis, Marnie Stage 3, and final skill):

Lastly, same as above, the stats for her token under those conditions:
--------

Also, more info about the token, you can only deploy 1 at a time but you get 4 total, and they don't take a deployment slot when you use them, like Prim.

Last edited:

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you're curious, I went and experimented.

Passive buffed with Sarah, AW Prince, Sieglinde, Aisha, B.Iris, Kikyou, Cynthia, no actives:

All actives up (Sarah, B.Iris, Lapis, Marnie Stage 3, and final skill):

Lastly, same as above, the stats for her token under those conditions:

--------

Also, more info about the token, you can only deploy 1 at a time but you get 4 total, and they don't take a deployment slot when you use them, like Prim.
LOL. That 1 hidden behind the kanji is hilarious.

Edit: btw, use the \
tag for big images.

Edit2: For anyone interested in prince/player lvls, the 20chr map of the event gives 400exp, that's a lot.

Last edited:

schwarzone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

LOL. That 1 hidden behind the kanji is hilarious.

Edit: btw, use the \
tag for big images.

Edit2: For anyone interested in prince/player lvls, the 20chr map of the event gives 400exp, that's a lot.
Fix'd, thanks for the heads up.

---
Edit: Got some more screenshots to give an idea of the inbetween times before you have to use all your skills at once.

Sylvia max-skill, only buffed by passives, no actives:

Sylvia token, same situation:

Being able to reach 4k defense before actives is pretty nice, with just B.Iris active she goes up to 10k no problem. I'd personally rather look at that number for a standard than the one I used above with full buffs, since Sarah brings up the question "Why bother?" when you use her. If you need her active to get a unit's defense high enough to tank something, you may as well use Sarah herself and save yourself the massive setup since she has 100% physical dodge anyway. While it does bring up an opportunity to tank 2 massive threats (assuming you could get the timings to overlap and utilize Sarah's skill on both herself and her target effectively), that seems so unlikely that most of the time Sarah herself is a quicker solution, unless you're trying to buff someone's attack and not defense.

Last edited:

soranokira

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

and there we have it, aw thief shuten lv15 run:
that was a pretty amazing kibahime-melvina reverse placement (most strats actually deploy melvina first to 'clear the way' for kibahime), and a double shredding strat against shutendouji by using despia to slow. (actually wonder if towa would be better here)

nice use of sukuha skill:
Berna use along with double magic power from kayou and sherry:
Miri tanking strat, nice use of charles with sybilla seeing some use:

a new aw thief strat, relatively similar though but with less ramps (no toto/soldiers, only uzume and clissa), interestingly enough:

Last edited:

khawk016

Tentacle God
Reputation score

that labyrinth map doesnt play around all seems good then a dracolich thing pop out second time i was prepared but jesus man

Last edited:

Fenzor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Looking about valkyrie, I wanna 2aw my Reshia but what best choice for her? I think reinglef is the best.
Edit: same for Liana I dont know what to do...

Last edited:

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looking about valkyrie, I wanna 2aw my Reshia but what best choice for her? I think reinglef is the best.
Edit: same for Liana I dont know what to do...
Both versions are good for them, there's no clear winner.
For Leshia it depends if u have/need a decent duelist or a capable cost generator.
For Liana, while Oracle gives her extra range which synergices with her skill, her stats are a bit lowish so Hierophant is a solid option too.

Fenzor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Both versions are good for them, there's no clear winner.
For Leshia it depends if u have/need a decent duelist or a capable cost generator.
For Liana, while Oracle gives her extra range which synergices with her skill, her stats are a bit lowish so Hierophant is a solid option too.
Well, for Liana i think is better Hierophant than Oracle ( if B. Iris oracle will be better)

For Reshia ( a only valk gold+ that I got) will be duelist for anti-rush purpose ( attack speed)

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, for Liana i think is better Hierophant than Oracle ( if B. Iris oracle will be better)

For Reshia ( a only valk gold+ that I got) will be duelist for anti-rush purpose ( attack speed)
IMO , both are good for her
Reginleif are good , she's a token herself. Go DED and dun care
As for Geirolul it's also good , she have ASPD skill

For Liana I prefer Hierophant , no need for extra range
Since her AW skill will regen anyone even outside of her range

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Upcoming Emergency Maintenance:
-Between Jan 27th 15:30~16:30.

Finally received the English version of the game I translated bundled with the Japanese version on DLSite. Learned from a Japanese customer that it takes 2 days for them to evaluate and update works, so it was definitely my fault that Japanese users had to wait 48~74 hours after the English release (I wouldn't be surprised if the spike in the number of purchases on English DLSite were from impatient Japanese players).

Found a few mistakes that weren't my doing (the creator copy-pasted are instead of area), and one bug, so I'm going to report that now.

Mewwy

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Maybe I missed it but what does Secretary Ana do?

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Clone Acc , why You're so Lucky?? T^T

Plat Ticket = Nanaly

Bah bah bah , instead of being totaly freemium
Now I have 6 Premium Black - 1 Undecided Black Ticket

Zero Zet

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Maybe I missed it but what does Secretary Ana do?
:p

Lore-wise, entirety of logistics and other boring tasks required to run the base and army, I guess. Oh, and most of talking for a Prince, since we are men of a feeeeeew words :D

Last edited:

Fenzor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For Liana I prefer Hierophant , no need for extra range
Since her AW skill will regen anyone even outside of her range
As espected
OK then thanks for all
Liana will be Hierophant

extreoxy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

is the 90/12 revival map best for skill fairy? or another map better?

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Prince/Emperor/Princess Forbidden (90) (制約:王子、皇帝、姫禁止):
Magic Crystal III (), Crystal (), Ruby (), Completion: Bond (Plat)
Gimmick: Cannot Deploy Prince, Emperor Princess; Enemy: Elder Troll (Regen)

Last edited:

WiliamZero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Prince/Emperor/Princess Forbidden (90) (制約:王子、皇帝、姫禁止):
Magic Crystal III (), Crystal (), Ruby (), Completion: Bond (Plat)
Gimmick: Cannot Deploy Prince, Emperor Princess; Enemy: Elder Troll (Regen)
This one is kinda troublesome. It depends on how fast you can regen your cost to summon better units. Having Front Tactician definitely a plus in this map