What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Creeping Terror

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

He'd likely be an event unit, if at all.

Like we discussed, oh so long ago when I made the "make any man drunk" comment about my alcohol reserves, imagine how miffed you'd feel about getting the MALE black unit as your once in a lifetime %3 chance?

He'd have to be some sort of event unit, and likely be similar to Anna in that she is the Prince's personal Lap dancer, OR he'd be ANOTHER prince of some sort. Like a Princess, only "Prince" instead. Certainly there are other countries, right?

My Dice are on the Soldier or "Princess" for the first male black unit that buffs all other Male units in the party.

BlueMoon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

does the amon map drop platinum armor 100%? I think it may be more worth it for me to use my extra stamina on that map rather than story quest if that is the case

Id want a utility black if they ever make a male one add % to certain drops something that would make me actually use him. maybe a fairy king that adds fairy drops so we dont have to roll for the impossible ceria
No the platinum armor isn't 100% (all drops only 100% first time).

Just did it again awhile ago to 3-star the map and plat armor didn't drop from Amon (actually, nothing dropped at all that run :3).

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I would only use jerome if I didnt have any other tank pretty much for aesthetic reasons and I really like having tanks that can actually kill like miranda/dine anya and any mage armor. But I will admit he is the ultimate shield if you really want only defense.

@bluemoon alright guess I wont be using my extra stamina there then I think its dropped every time I did the map previously so I wasn't sure

Last edited:

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I wish i have that luxury of always blind run.
But yeah i'm not checking video for every map, the low lvl 1 is doable blind run (i still remember i killed my unit from those suicide bomb goblin and the dark elf avenger i was WTH prince death in 1 hit from full hp)

The 1 i check is the 1 that cost stamina 6+, and i only checked 1 video just to see whats coming out to try my own strat 1st. This is why when event out i try the map asap, low lvl video come out 1-2 days later and even easier version will be out way later more. (remember i did mention i failed the last map efreet of current event, my unit taking too much dmg from aoe)

Well farming and item collection event tend to just keep redoing the same map again and again, but star event you only to do 1x anyway (unless charlotte pop again and screaming feed me with that rare drop)

Borrowed pict from petite post*
A simulation mode where u can fight for free (no drops nor exp of course) would be nice.... I'm guessing the actual amount of crystals spent to refill stamina on failed runs is low... very low....
After failing a map 3 o 4 times in a row, how many of us would throw in crystals to keep losing???? instead we would go looking for a video to at least, learn the full enemy patterns...

Last edited:

BlueMoon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

@bluemoon alright guess I wont be using my extra stamina there then I think its dropped every time I did the map previously so I wasn't sure
Although I know it's not 100% drop, I haven't done the map enough times to know how high the drop % for plat armor from Amon is (I know some JP players were farming that map for plat armors awhile back, but didn't bother to check what kind of drop rates they reported).

If you want platinum armors, maybe the last map (80/9) of the current event is a good place? In my last 10 runs for that map, I've got 3 plat armors so far, so the drop rate feels quite high. Mithril ores also drop at 15-20 pretty consistently, although I did get 2 10x ore runs today (avg. ~16 mithril ores/run for last 10 runs), so I guess there's still some risk (the plat armor drops are just too "oishii" though :p)

Last edited:

Longherin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A simulation mode where u can fight for free (no drops nor exp of course) would be nice.... I'm guessing the actual amount of crystals spent to refill stamina on failed runs is low... very low....
After failing a map 3 o 4 times in a row, how many of us would throw in crystals to keep losing???? instead we would go looking for a video to at least, learn the full enemy patterns...
I'm not quite sure how "let me play the game for an hour and fail repeatedly with no reward" is somehow better than "let's just google the answer in three minutes."

Like even if they implement a simulation mode videos showing solutions still exists, so...

That aside.

What's the best map (in your opinions) for the rear tactician event in terms of drops? I know we only have aggregate data to work off of, and I'm currently running the second 40/4 map.

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm not quite sure how "let me play the game for an hour and fail repeatedly with no reward" is somehow better than "let's just google the answer in three minutes."

Like even if they implement a simulation mode videos showing solutions still exists, so...
Well, we were talking about people (like me) who actually like to formulate strategies and plan their unit leveling, not just clear the maps as fast and effortless as possible :S

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

He'd likely be an event unit, if at all.

Like we discussed, oh so long ago when I made the "make any man drunk" comment about my alcohol reserves, imagine how miffed you'd feel about getting the MALE black unit as your once in a lifetime %3 chance?

He'd have to be some sort of event unit, and likely be similar to Anna in that she is the Prince's personal Lap dancer, OR he'd be ANOTHER prince of some sort. Like a Princess, only "Prince" instead. Certainly there are other countries, right?

My Dice are on the Soldier or "Princess" for the first male black unit that buffs all other Male units in the party.
Maybe Prince younger brother?

Ps. I am dumb. Can't AW Karma because mage and bishop orbs looks the same -____________------------''

bladeguy

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Have we had a Mayadere character yet? They could just have one that start out as the Maou, and it turns into a girl as AW. muhahaha

Lafate

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Maybe Prince younger brother?
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the prince the sole heir of the previous savior his father?

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I meant extra charisma keep forgetting we have 2 stamina bars here with 2 different names Im running the 80/9 map with natural regen + 1 sacred crystal a day until phase 2 so this leaves me with charisma but no extra stamina to use.

I think we already have a unit that switches from male to female drania who turns into anya but Id be cool with another. I thought of something cool BLACK MALE PIRATE with a beard and that laughs atrociously upon skill use. He could be conrads brother or cousin or something and his AW ability is that he doesnt die upon death he set's off hidden explosives that actually do alot of dmg and escapes with no star loss Id use him just for the laugh

Last edited:

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the prince the sole heir of the previous savior his father?
Unknown brothers and sisters poping out of nowhere is the oldest cliche, even in real history :p

Lafate

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Unknown brothers and sisters poping out of nowhere is the oldest cliche, even in real history :p
Suddenly you learn one of the princesses is your long lost sister. Whelp... too late now...

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

In the Light Novel, the Ikemen Prince's name is Arthur. Arthur Pendragon wields the Holy Sword Excalibur. In this game, the Platinum Princess Lilia is the bearer of the Holy Sword Excalibur.

Hypothesis:
Lilia, the shapeshifting robot assassin, travels to the past from the future by Aegisnet, terminates the Ikemen Prince Arthur, and takes his sword. This makes it so the one that has to save the kingdom is the hellacious bedhair Prince, who bears the blood of the Blue Man people (same as the citizens from the Bandit Princess Imelia's kingdom) that allows him to become blue and transparent, which prevents him from having his penis destroyed during various assassination attempts on his being.

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hypothesis:
Lilia, the shapeshifting robot assassin, travels to the past from the future by Aegis.net, and terminates the Ikemen Prince Arthur, and takes his sword. This makes it so the one that has to save the kingdom is the hellacious, bedhair Prince, who bears the blood of the Blue Man people (same as the citizens from the Bandit Princess Imelia's kingdom) that allows him to become blue and transparent, which prevents him from having his penis destroyed during various assassination attempts on his being.
I don't know why, but I laughed so hard at the last sentence.

I've been watching some of the videos that only include male only units and I came to the conclusion that I really want Marius' Skill AW. Making him a full-time healer would really help a lot for the God-tier Male-only daily mission. The lack of male healers really makes it difficult to try to clear the mission through ... brute force. I still need to level up more male units before I attempt it, but having Marius as a healer would solve the issue of not having Roberto.

I'm also considering getting Jelius' skill AW. I'm quite willing to lose the long duration in exchange for sheer sturdiness because of recent events having bosses hitting like trucks. I would have to time my healer's skill around Jelius' skill, but I've been already doing that.

I'm going to missing most of the priest warrior event, which is unfortunate for me. It means I won't be able to get a min-cost Sera. At least I'll be able to get her at -3 cost, which is good enough for standard use.

Since I'm going to missing most of the event and won't be able to efficiently use my crystals, I decided to roll once and got Mel. Well, that's a nice unit you gave me, Aigis. I already have Zora at CC60, but I'm willing to raise Mel and have multiple gunners at my disposal. I will definitely awaken Mel because she will benefit a lot from the bonus stats coming from Aria and Sherry. Now I just need rainbow fairies to raise her skill so she can be a satellite cannon.

Altrius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just woke up.
when i mention failed is still map clear just 1 star (well they give us like 5-10 hp after all)
and failing 3-4 doesn't hurt SC that much at most 2 SC only. (or can wait till natural recovery)
Well in star event you want to complete all 3 star and learn from failing that your unit unable to do it even with video then had plan what need to be done.
In paula pharaoh map i failed alot well 1-2 star.
1st was not enuff cost to deploy ninja (counter measure: lvl up sandra) / after that another failed is during the 2 lich healer not strong enuff (3x fail here trying stuff like using druid plant to take hit / deploy + withdraw unit to take hit.... etc etc)
Well i already mention that my unit is very limited, i'm still not a really long player yet (rought estimate about 4 month long) and also failed at begining trying without guide (yes i wasted silver i still had Daniela non CC at min cost untouched)

Last edited:

Longherin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, we were talking about people (like me) who actually like to formulate strategies and plan their unit leveling, not just clear the maps as fast and effortless as possible :S
On one hand, sure. strategies are good and a fundamental part of the game.
On the other...since the core gameplay is based on the maps, getting to play them for free indefinitely with no drawback is kind of bullshit. If the game's incentive is to make enough money to keep itself running (which it usually is) then removing a key component of potentially causing us to spend resources is pretty stupid.
Imagine if your boss told you "hey, I need you to work more for less money, because one of our customers said so."
(Also, I'm pretty sure being able to play levels over and over has nothing to do with unit leveling, especially if the level provides no drop information for you.)

'sides. If you pay for the product you get more of it...so, y'know. Pay to get more of it.

It's like you wanting more cake because you dropped the first few slices onto the ground.
120 stamina slices. Multiple Fucking Times. Until finally someone tells you the correct way to handle the plate.
Like by now the floor is littered with free sample cake and the person providing samples is really annoyed that the food is being wasted, and it's a little weird to go "hey can I keep on having free cake until I learn how to handle it right".

I think I lost my analogy somewhere.

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just woke up.
when i mention failed is still map clear just 1 star (well they give us like 5-10 hp after all)
and failing 3-4 doesn't hurt SC that much at most 2 SC only. (or can wait till natural recovery)
Well in star event you want to complete all 3 star and learn from failing that your unit unable to do it even with video then had plan what need to be done.
In paula pharaoh map i failed alot well 1-2 star.
1st was not enuff cost to deploy ninja (counter measure: lvl up sandra) / after that another failed is during the 2 lich healer not strong enuff (3x fail here trying stuff like using druid plant to take hit / deploy + withdraw unit to take hit.... etc etc)
Well i already mention that my unit is very limited, i'm still not a really long player yet (rought estimate about 4 month long) and also failed at begining trying without guide (yes i wasted silver i still had Daniela non CC at min cost untouched)

Mmm sorry, I didn't quite get why you quoted me there. I was saying how it would be nice to have a simulated battle for those that like to come out with strats but can't stand to waste stamina/charisma on that. And the fact that by adding it the devs would not loose anything because the amount of people willing to use crystals on that is very limited.
Of course if we could get at least 1 star on each map it would be different, but unless you have a black cheat button and or a really pumped up team, you are likely to fail most of the 7+ maps on a blind run and even for the following 3 or 4 runs without getting to see the full enemy patterns.
Some maps like the gazers ones... you can lose in like... 30 seconds? XD

Longherin said:
On one hand, sure. strategies are good and a fundamental part of the game.
On the other...since the core gameplay is based on the maps, getting to play them for free indefinitely with no drawback is kind of bullshit. If the game's incentive is to make enough money to keep itself running (which it usually is) then removing a key component of potentially causing us to spend resources is pretty stupid.
Imagine if your boss told you "hey, I need you to work more for less money, because one of our customers said so."
(Also, I'm pretty sure being able to play levels over and over has nothing to do with unit leveling, especially if the level provides no drop information for you.)

'sides. If you pay for the product you get more of it...so, y'know. Pay to get more of it.

It's like you wanting more cake because you dropped the first few slices onto the ground.
120 stamina slices. Multiple Fucking Times. Until finally someone tells you the correct way to handle the plate.
Like by now the floor is littered with free sample cake and the person providing samples is really annoyed that the food is being wasted, and it's a little weird to go "hey can I keep on having free cake until I learn how to handle it right".

I think I lost my analogy somewhere.

Like I was saying, how many of us are actually using crystals to find out how to beat a map instead of go and look for a nice video??? I think most crystals are spent on rolls and repeating event maps for drops, not on figuring out strategies.
If the difficulty of the maps were the key component in the crystal spending then there would be no need to make us farm 1500 items or 25 copies to raise a 10 skill lvls unit. All events would be start clears.
The difficulty of the maps exists for only 2 purposes, the first and most important for the devs, making you want to roll for stronger units or farm for more commodities (fairies, affection), thats why fairy drop rates are always way lower than event units despite the fact you need to use 2/3 to be efficient.
The second reason is it makes the game somewhat fun, we all know too easy equals boring.

Using videos anyone can pretty much end up getting the best out of their teams with minimal waste, adding a simulator would change almost nothing. It would just please a little fraction of the players that enjoy spending a couple hours on understanding the maps and trying things out :p

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Free attempts at event missions will do more harm than good. What you are suggesting is going to make the game tailored for casual players who hate the idea of trial and error or hates trying to overcome a challenge and wants to play at 0 cost. I don't really like going in-depth about it because people have their ways to enjoy a game, and sometimes a challenging game can be a turn-off for some people.

To me, it's like going to the arcade and asking the owner to let you play for free until you get good at Street Fighter/Tekken because some guy is beating you and taking your quarters.

It will invalidate every challenge there is to the extreme-tier missions. I paid 4 SC on refilling charisma and stamina just so I can clear the 100/2 mission for Paula's event while the strategy for my team is fresh in my mind. Do I regret spending those crystals? Nope. I had fun since I didn't have an easy time with the team I have and I had to manage my units better. Sure, my reward was a counterfeit rainbow fairy, but in the end I had fun trying to get that rainbow fairy. I've only watched 3 videos for that mission and based my strategy around it, since I couldn't follow them all exactly. After I cleared the mission, I watched a bunch of videos for that mission because I was interested in how others would clear it.

This is the only mission where I've watched all the videos all week. I don't like watching videos of missions to base my strategy on unless I have to. I will do blind-runs because I like doing things on the fly, trying to find what works for me, and then try to do it efficiently later. I want to understand the mission, how I will do a mission after, and then later compare it to another person's if I find it to be an interesting mission.

For example, this week's mission was a joke to me (as usual) and I never bothered looking for videos on how to solve it since I can place any unit how I want and I'll clear it. I will look for videos on gimmick teams because they're the type of people that challenge themselves and they make it interesting.

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score

uhh they're still gonna get our crystals anyway since they constantly make farm events a practice mode would only slightly reduce their profits most of us wouldn't sit there and feed them crystals constantly trying to beat a map anyway

btw is Serra's skill basically just patras instant heal? I think I made my decision to max her with the assumption that she healed everyone in the area for a duration and not just one instant heal maybe I shouldnt bother maxing her if thats the case

Last edited: