What's new

ACT SIM [アイリスフィールド] 素晴らしき国家の築き方 (RJ219681)

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
From the developer of and . Years in development and it's going to released this weekend.

. There's a special bonus for buying it off DLsite as the DLsite mascots will make a cameo appearance.

There is a demo available. What follows is what I've played and experience with the developer's last two games.
At the start, player's must make a series of choices which determine the player's background and the specific starting bonus when the game begins.

Gameplay: Hybrid action RPG and kingdom building SLG. For more info on some game mechanics, visit .

The action-RPG component involves taking command of a party consisting of a maximum of 8 members (game starts out at 4). The "party leader" is the character who's first up on the roster and can be controlled using the WSAD keys and the mouse. Depending on character loadout, attacks can be made by left-clicking to engage in close combat (if equipped with a sword or other close-combat weapons) or from range (bows, stones etc.). During battles the aim is to exterminate all comers who will attack in waves. In between each wave, characters will recover LP (life points), ammunition and equipment durability before the next wave arrives. Players can switch between combat styles if the character has the right equipment available in the spare slots. Game can be paused with Space Bar or set to auto-combat with the left-shift key.

There are some variants, such as defend the fort against the wave of enemies. Otherwise the key is how well equipped and trained party members are and how skilled the player is at attacking and using the character magic skills located at the top left of the screen. The system is closer to the first game than the second, but with more control over the AI-controlled party members.

The kingdom building SLG involves researching technology to restore the kingdom from its current dark age, adventuring party customization (equipment, battle active skills and passive abilities) and tinkering with the brothel roster to earn the kingdom hard-earned currency to upgrade character equipment. Resources also come in the form of specific people (red hammer = workers, books = scholars etc.) who are expended to research new skills to improve the kingdom state and the efficiency of parties in battles.

For the brothel roster, since there's a limit on how many members can be taken to battle those staying behind can work to service customers with specific sex acts to bring in hard currency. There's a cost to running the brothel depending on the number of rooms in play. Research is available to improve the quality of prostitution and the availability of rooms. As this is for players aged 18+, most of the sex content will be found here in addition to the various character events which improve relationships. Like the two previous games, having multiple love interests is not an issue (although usually only one can be chosen for a unique character-specific ending).

Story:
The unnamed player (simply called "you" in-game) is a boy who is found by the now-deceased king at death's door. The king saves him and in return takes him back to the palace to serve his kingdom in payment for his life. Fast forward 10 years later and the player is now an apprentice knight who is one of four remaining members of the now-deserted kingdom. The current monarch (the deceased king's daughter) has no intention of closing shop and proclaims she will restore the kingdom with its foundations in prostitution and banditry, the world's oldest professions for females and males. The player's assigned role is to serve as the field commander during battles and as the minister in charge of developing the kingdom based on the resources taken during adventuring and the takings from prostitution.

This game shares the same universe as the previous two, the biggest giveaway being the where a certain goddess with a penchant for draining men dry of sperm is making a reappearance. The cast is smaller though, so the interpersonal banter between the characters (which brings material benefits after each exchange) is reduced which will please a lot of fans. It's voiced and has a huge feature of guest artists, so I'm looking forward to its release date this coming weekend.

It's using the same game engine like the two previous works (the one Lunasoft previously used before the switch to Unity) so script kiddies who want to make homebrew translations are out of luck as the tools they need aren't readily available or easy to use. This game like its predecessors is heavy on dialogue, not all of which is in standard Japanese. Anyone who wants to discuss this (which won't be many since the vast majority of users in this forum can't play JP games without machine help and guesswork) when the game is out will need to know what they're talking about or not bother wasting the time and effort.

Last edited:

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
TL;DR: It's an Elona Shooter clone, like the . Unlike the first game this one features free character movement (2.5D) and AI customization. And the brothel part is a (grindy) minigame now.

To further expand on some of of the OP's description (hope you don't mind, Harleyquin13):

The action-RPG component involves taking command of a party consisting of a maximum of 8 members (game starts out at 4). The "party leader" is the character who's first up on the roster and can be controlled using the WSAD keys and the mouse. Depending on character loadout, attacks can be made by left-clicking to engage in close combat (if equipped with a sword or other close-combat weapons) or from range (bows, stones etc.). During battles the aim is to exterminate all comers who will attack in waves. In between each wave, characters will recover LP (life points), ammunition and equipment durability before the next wave arrives. Players can switch between combat styles if the character has the right equipment available in the spare slots. Game can be paused with Space Bar or set to auto-combat with the left-shift key.
Basically left-click is primary attack while right-click is secondary. Weapons go into LMB, while block/dodge gear and ammo go into RMB. Throwing weapons go into LMB and come with their own ammo counter, so you are free to equip shields/gloves/boots into RMB.

(Gloves count as both a primary and a secondary. When equipped to LMB you punch and perform other martial arts move. On RMB the character blocks.)

Players can access the inventory of the controlled character (character position #1) to use consumables (to recover additional LP/ammo/durability) and swap equipment (LMB to assign to LMB, RMB to RMB.) Game automatically pauses (at least on the last trial I played) when accessing the inventory. Equipment (and skills) have point values, and each character can only equip a certain amount of points worth of gear (or skills), on top of limited ivnentory slots (which varies according to the character). You can go above the points budget, but it penalizes speed a lot (and IIRC also has a stat penalty0.

(Equipment also has weight, which also penalizes speed. Generally speaking you want to cut down weight for the controlled character, but feel free to load backline shooty characters with as much gear as they can carry.)

There are some variants, such as defend the fort against the wave of enemies. Otherwise the key is how well equipped and trained party members are and how skilled the player is at attacking and using the character magic skills located at the top left of the screen. The system is closer to the first game than the second, but with more control over the AI-controlled party members.
Some interesting party character concepts include a summoner (beast tamer) and a tower defense mage. Or at least that was the case in the first trial; their skills were dummied out in ver2.00 of the trial (along with MMO-style number hotkey skills in favor of one ultimate 'skill' per character). Hope Irisfield found some way to implement them satisfactorily in the final release. (The beast tamer was OP.)

The kingdom building SLG involves researching technology to restore the kingdom from its current dark age, adventuring party customization (equipment, battle active skills and passive abilities) and tinkering with the brothel roster to earn the kingdom hard-earned currency to upgrade character equipment. Resources also come in the form of specific people (red hammer = workers, books = scholars etc.) who are expended to research new skills to improve the kingdom state and the efficiency of parties in battles.
Effectively, this is how the skill tree system works in this game, but for economic and party/equipment-boosting techs. The alternate manpower resources abstract away specialized (and not so specialized) labor, making it similar to food/hammers/science/culture in the Civ series.

Story:
The unnamed player (simply called "you" in-game) is a boy who is found by the now-deceased king at death's door. The king saves him and in return takes him back to the palace to serve his kingdom in payment for his life. Fast forward 10 years later and the player is now an apprentice knight who is one of four remaining members of the now-deserted kingdom.
Said desertion is caused by
The (previously good) King (also an ex-adventurer before he 'retired' and set up his own country) going mad and executing people left and right. He was later assassinated by a mercenary/hero and her (talking intelligent) slime partner. The mercenary is one of your first recruits.

The current monarch (the deceased king's daughter) has no intention of closing shop and proclaims she will restore the kingdom with its foundations in prostitution and banditry, the world's oldest professions for females and males. The player's assigned role is to serve as the field commander during battles and as the minister in charge of developing the kingdom based on the resources taken during adventuring and the takings from prostitution.
Kingdom of Avon. Population: 4. Quite the lolworthy moment when they dropped the bombshell. One has to to admire Princess Ariadne's guts. Even Mayor Mille wasn't that ballsy.

(Though Ariadne — usually a nice and upstanding lady — can be a bit disturbing at times, giving off comments and suggestions that are borderline psychopathic, especially when in pursuit of her ambition. One suspects it runs in the family.)

It's using the same game engine like the two previous works (the one Lunasoft previously used before the switch to Unity) so script kiddies who want to make homebrew translations are out of luck as the tools they need aren't readily available or easy to use. This game like its predecessors is heavy on dialogue, not all of which is in standard Japanese. Anyone who wants to discuss this (which won't be many since the vast majority of users in this forum can't play JP games without machine help and guesswork) when the game is out will need to know what they're talking about or not bother wasting the time and effort.
It uses a lot of regional accents (anime/manga-style ones, not necessarily true to real life) to distinguish the characters. Merchant gets Osakan (yannow, the stereotypical Kansai accent). The huntress gets Hokkaido (the Japanese hillybilly equilvalent). There's a few others, but they aren't as heavy so I can't quite remember them now. (Think there was one who was Kyotoite, the other Kansai accent.)

--

Oh and there's a (doujin, single episode 'OVA') slated for release on the same day, made in collaboration with (who also did 'OVA' releases for Naedoko Demons' Ground and Demon Queen Melissa). Though really it's more of a (anime episode length) promotional video (same for Circle BOMB! other works), that introduces the setting and covers a H-scene (or a few) near at the start of the game.

(And the actual animation looks kinda... off-model, like what you see in Studio Deen works. The sketches are great but I think they simplify things too much for ease of animation.)
--

I actually had more fun with the first trial because of the numbered skill system allowing MMO/Diablo-style ARPG skill combos. Jumping around like a ninja while slashing and shooting enemies was fun (and in the earlier trial one can equip primary weapons on RMB too, allowing sword + throwing dagger combos) and allowed me to take on Fia (protag from the 2nd game, inserted as a trial bonus boss) despite being underlevelled. It was removed because of feedback from players who weren't used to the system, but IIRC some form of it is going to be implemented in the final release.

--

Come to think of it:

At the start, player's must make a series of choices which determine the player's background and the specific starting bonus when the game begins.
Curious, what options did you pick for the first and third options (the past and desired future choices)? I went with the combat stat boost + extra starting ranged weapons for the trial. Am thinking probably going for the relationship rate boost for the past option in the main game to minimize event grinding. The other will probably still be ranged weapons (because triple piercing daggers are nice), but starting with Tier 2 Sex Industry (with all Tier 1 techs for the tree researched) looks tempting because of how grindy upgrading tech can be.

Last edited:
OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'm not surprised to see you here, taking into account how the previous game's discussion thread ended up. You've got a long post, so I'll just answer some of the questions with numbered bullet points.

1. I didn't know about the block option, though to be fair I didn't control a character who had a shield in my brief time with the demo. Another thing I failed to realise was the maid's default dagger is actually a throwing weapon.
2. The current skill system is the same as the second game's field battles: one skill per character. I think the earlier demos made it too complicated for an action RPG.
3. I don't have much experience with the Hokkaido accent, so thanks for the tip. It only hit me later when they were explaining the hunter's background relative to the kingdoms around their homeland.
4. For the customisation options, I've got my own opinions about them. Probably different from yours, but player preference is respected by this developer.

a) Character starting stats and growth rates increased = Anyone who wants to take on the tougher dungeons as soon as possible picks this. Indifferent to this, since I have no idea what the later dungeons are like and I highly doubt rolling them over with over-levelled characters is going to work all of the time.
b) 300 starting bonus to tech research resources = That tech tree is a monster. The starting bonus will get a few key technologies up and running from the get go, but it's not a game breaking bonus.
c) Interpersonal relationship development given a boost = Depending on how big the boost is to get the banter events quicker. I didn't pick this in the second game since there was a dedicated building to boost this aspect. That's probably not an option in this game, but going by the newest demo getting relationships up is a simple matter of pairing them up in the same party when adventuring.
d) Player's relationships with the girls develop faster and the girls start off with multiple prostitution skills = Not much to say here.
e) Bonus to character level and stat cap = I pick this option. The only one which caters for the long game, and this developer's games aren't one for blitzing through in 1-2 hours.

i) Start off with a melee weapon.
ii) Start off with a ranged weapon.
iii) Start off with a magic tome and mana regeneration equipment.

Not much to say about the three options. Players who favour a particular combat style can dive into it quicker with the appropriate option.

iv) Start off with 30,000 gold. If I'm playing the game for the first time, I'd pick this. 30,000 isn't much in the grand scheme of things since some upgrade categories are insanely expensive, but it does help improve equipment to something more substantial than the initial stats which will suit any playstyle.
v) Level 2 brothel technology/technologies researched straight out of the gate. If I'm doing a new run after beating the game at least once, then I'd probably pick this. I suspect the "currency" for researching brothel techs is from getting the girls to work, which is going to be tedious if the gallery was mostly unlocked from the first run.

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Impression from DLsite's current demo:

The main story progresses part way through to the middle of chapter 2 before stopping. Players are then free to develop the character roster as far as they wish. Not much point grinding the demo, since save games between the demo and the retail game will not carry over due to incompatibility.

I didn't get to fight Fia like nnescio did (he played much older versions of the game demo), but the combat system at present is still fun. It's a fast-paced action RPG and there's a huge multitude of skills and equipment to play around with.

Even without the H-content, the game as it is can easily stand on its own. All of the characters have interesting backgrounds which are expanded with their individual events and inter-character events. Unlike the last game, some pairings don't give banter but I'm hoping it's because the creator is still working on them rather than deliberately omitting them because of player feedback from the last game.

I'm going to wait until the retail version before trying out the H-content. The pregnancy filter sounds hilarious, especially when there are tangible gameplay consequences to getting the girls pregnant when they're working in the brothels.

Very much looking forward to the weekend. Can't play it immediately when it's released, but estimate spending a couple of months to get through all of the content. The creator has a proper universe written out for his three works, and it shows in some of the banter. Can't wait to see what other surprises are in store. Timeline wise, this game is chronologically earlier than both of the predecessor works.

Edit: Demo was changed on the 12th and limited story progression to end of chapter 1. Interested parties will have to wait until midnight GMT +9 for the full release.

Last edited:
OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Game is available for purchase. In addition to the two DLsite mascots, there's a 30% discount from the initial retail price of 2500 Yen.

Schaloper

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
This game is pretty large (5.2gb!) so watch your bandwidth.

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
This game is pretty large (5.2gb!) so watch your bandwidth.
Yeah, this game seems pretty high budget and sophisticated for an H-game, every dialogue is voiced, INCLUDING THE GUYS. Unfornately, this means you'll be missing out on a lot if you can't read moon.

cvkz

Reputation score
Same. I've gotten somewhat far but the battles are stupidly difficult for me now. Just wanna see the gallery and/or a save near the end.

OmegaArk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Relationship Event sometimes gives crazy equipment.

Like a dagger with very high atk spd, though 1 might end up accidentally overusing it's durability and render one's self stuck unless carrying a spare weapon. (Singer/Dancer)
A Chainsaw which acts as a greatsword. (Maxed out atk of 185 for it)
Or a sword that hits hard and lets you run around like crazy with lots of bonus affix already attached. (Singer/Dancer - Lady Fencer relationship)

At the end of chapter 2 iirc, you can enter an 'item world' which lets you enhance the equipment even further. Using the equipment during battle will fill up a gauge on it which can be used to strengthen the gear. It's possible to strengthen the equipment just by killing wave after wave but it be a very slow process. Completing a wave in the item world will increase a random stat of the gear by 1. Imagine it enhancing weight or atk cooldown on a gear.

The item world has 3 options. Enhance gear, unlock an affix slot, idk on the last 1. The latter 2 are very costly of 40% so it might be better to run it only once you have maxed the equipment's gauge. The enhance gear on the other hand is rather cheap. 3% at the start, costs more depending on the equipment or enhances i believe.

They probably will clear Normal easily but against hard mobs probably 2-3 hits or so.

PS: I like to know are there any characters and tech tree that increases the chest and rare item drop rate. I assume the rookie thief we get in chapter 1/2 has a loot booster but i could be wrong.

Last edited:

OmegaArk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ok, my game just send me to the credits in chapter 5 during an arena am i doing anything wrong here?

Edit: Ok, i progress by either doing her event dialogue or she must be deployed against the magic knight fight, else you be thrown to a credit-ending.

Last edited:

hellwaiken

Lurker
Reputation score
cant hook early text when u choose bonuses and interface but after that everything allright mb someone can share better hcode

Cestina

Demon Girl
Reputation score
The item world has 3 options. Enhance gear, unlock an affix slot, idk on the last 1. The latter 2 are very costly of 40% so it might be better to run it only once you have maxed the equipment's gauge. The enhance gear on the other hand is rather cheap. 3% at the start, costs more depending on the equipment or enhances i believe.
1st option just increases base stats, which feels like a waste
2nd option extracts a Spiria from the Special Effects of the Equip. The Spiria can be enchanted onto other equipment of the same type or sold for a pretty high price.
3rd option opens a slot in the Equip.

For example, I can
1. Use 2 on 発爆 to get an Explosion Spiria
2. Use 2 on 緑土の種 to get several Spread Shot Spiria
3. Use 3 on フォウドーターズ to open two slots
4. Use the Spirias on フォウドーターズ to get a Piercing, Exploding, Spread Shot

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Beat the game, missing the last two girls. Might have something to do with NG+, dunno. The gameplay is decent I guess, but can't read moon so can't fully understand it. The game can get pretty hard so I just cheated.

The H-content is kinda bland though since they're all too similar. At least the prostitution anyways, I don't care for the harem so I never touched it. And as I predicted, with so many girls, the amount of scenes per girls is reduced, though they did have more than I expected, especially since the harem scenes are apparently different CGs. Anyways, here my save if anyone wants it.

Attachments

Nostalgiac

Reputation score
Has anybody else made it here? Needs a name of some sort to start the Malice route...
Right now at NG+ chapter 3, defeating the monster early unlocks this

Edit: Figured it out, it's Cordelia in katakana, for all that will be stuck here in the future:p

Last edited:

shortykilz

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
cant hook early text when u choose bonuses and interface but after that everything allright mb someone can share better hcode
According to an anon

The update patches for the game are posted on the circle’s official website, and they will keep breaking H-codes with every update. Here are codes that should keep working with new versions:
/HSNC@0:USER32.dll:wsprintfA or /HSC@0:USER32.dll:wsprintfA
/HS4@0:kernel32.dll:lstrlenA or /HSN4@0:kernel32.dll:lstrlenA
Switch between /HSN and /HS codes depending on what you’re currently doing in the game.
lstrlenA is meant for hooking ADV/VN mode text, wsprintfA is for that and everything else.
AGTH users can use a combination of /X /NH /KF /C /PN素晴らしき国家の築き方.exe command-line options instead of H-codes. Run the game first, then attach AGTH to the running process, like so:
agth.exe /X /NH /KF /C /PN素晴らしき国家の築き方.exe

KillerDxD

Reputation score
Can anyone tell me how to use the sleeping bedrooms please? Something about break time that i don't understand...

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
PS: I like to know are there any characters and tech tree that increases the chest and rare item drop rate. I assume the rookie thief we get in chapter 1/2 has a loot booster but i could be wrong.
Ion the Merchant (the green-haired girl with the Osakan Kansai accent) has it. Commerce (gold-colored) techs can also improve item drop rates; the Tier 1 tree has one on the top right called 探索技術 ("Exploration Technology") that goes up to 3/3 and improves drop rates.

Probably a few others as well, but I haven't really played through the game yet.

Can anyone tell me how to use the sleeping bedrooms please? Something about break time that i don't understand...
It restores (a decent chunk of) the stamina of each girl at the end of each day (during the minigame).

lacolas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
can anyone tell me why my party have only mc(i think) and the black hair twin tail girl even i select full member party?