What's new

Laurentius

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Akabur Games

1.5.2 (which should be fully translated) is coming soon, though - you might want to wait for that

edit: Sorry, didn't notice you were asking for all mods.
c/p from 4chan

Major Versions of the game (BT is necessary for mods):
Each of these is a standalone game, not a mod for any of the others

Mods available for BT. Install Maverick or Mo's mod (NOT BOTH):
Thanks. :)

SHerring

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've always been one to think that a dev shouldn't talk about content or make promises about things they haven't started working on, especially since halfway through development of a game you're pretty much looking for anything that can lower your workload, especially content or functions that you can throw out the window.
Here's the rub.

You have "artists", and you have "professionals". A "professional" is someone who takes a design, estimates the amount of work needed to implement the design, determines the cost of implementation on the basis of that, and when his costs are covered, implements the design according to specifications.

An "artist" just does what he feels like doing, whether it is actually producing some art or lazying away the day, and expects to receive compensation for just "existing". Artists may produce some really cool works, if they feel "inspiration." But "inspiration" is hard to come by, and they do not deliver on demand.

The big advantage that "professionals" have over "artists" is that they usually have a better and more steady income, as people are willing to fork over money to get what they want, and can expect to receive what they asked for, or at least something that they are happy with. Which means: a legitimate art business and returning clients.

Two years ago Akabur was an "artist" according to the specification above, who created some interesting stuff. I started supporting him at some point in the hopes of allowing him to become a "professional". I thought he had that ability, as evidently he had been able to produce several reasonably good games (with some forgivable flaws) in a reasonably short amount of time. In my view, that was the purpose of Patreon: to allow "artists" to turn their hobbies into a job.

But for many of those who do well on Patreon this is not the case. They seem to feel that they get paid so that they can remain an "artist", doing what they like to do, while getting showered with monthly donations of fans who worship every fart they let go. Instead of Patreon giving them the means to produce more and better work, it has the opposite effect of making them produce less and worse work. Akabur is a prime example of this phenomenon.

From my perspective, Patreon completely fails to do what I was hoping that it would do. I donated to Akabur for the good part of a year, stopped my donations after seeing Witch Trainer, and probably will never again donate to anyone via Patreon. Because it just does not work in most cases.

This is a sad message for those who try to legitimately become "professionals" via Patreon, as the army of Akaburs is ruining it for them.

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

From my perspective, Patreon completely fails to do what I was hoping that it would do. I donated to Akabur for the good part of a year, stopped my donations after seeing Witch Trainer, and probably will never again donate to anyone via Patreon. Because it just does not work in most cases.
I cut out a lot, but I agree with most of what you said. I do think Patreon offers a solution for the artist who wants to retain the "artist" approach you mention--it is a content based pledging structure. If Akabur shifted to a content-based approach, I'd be much more willing to up my support. Yet, there is little reason to do this as he is receiving plenty monthly and that switch would cost him a significant amount of money.

I do hope you continue to monitor Patreon and not let Akabur completely dissuade you from all future support. There are worthy projects out there, and it has jumpstarted the English community a bit (and no, I'm not shilling myself here). Even if you don't take the plunge again, the plus to it all is that you'll probably still be able to reap the benefits if at least some of the games in the pipeline get released! :D

Perfeccia Ars

Demon Girl
Reputation score

An "artist" just does what he feels like doing, whether it is actually producing some art or lazying away the day, and expects to receive compensation for just "existing". Artists may produce some really cool works, if they feel "inspiration." But "inspiration" is hard to come by, and they do not deliver on demand.
Your point is exactly why I feel that Akabur doesn't talk about his patreon receiving money for the games he make and instead uses the "they're just donations" approach, that way he has less responsibility delivering and he can work at his own pace.

I think anyone that used patreon in the past expected that with more money the creator would up the quality of its work and become a professional but that's almost never the case.

To your last sentence though, completing any game of merit requires a good amount of work. Akabur definitely put in the work at some point. He produced PT and WT, which definitely required work. The issue that I feel people have is that now that he has "made it," he seems to be coasting instead of working harder (which is kind of the idea behind funding someone so they can focus on game making).

I do get what your saying though, and in a perfect world, it would be nice to just develop things behind the scenes and release the finished product.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think people should go into the basement three years everytime they want to make a game and isolate themselves until they have the product. You can definitely work and show things as you go because at the end of the day it shows when you work, when you do the bare minimun, and when you don't. You can guess where Akabur stands with a steady flow of 10k+ a month, the difference between then and now is that back then Akabur needed to work for his money.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

When you say 1.5.2 is coming soon, how soon is that? Days? Weeks? Months? Not looking for exact time, just units of measurement.

Also, having trouble installing mods. Is there a mod program to help with this? Or is it the usual of copy-pasting over files. Does that mean no two mods can be used at one time?

Last edited:

rekuso12

Reputation score

1.5.2 (which should be fully translated) is coming soon, though - you might want to wait for that

c/p from 4chan

i have a question, i need the original game to run the bt version no? i downloaded the prepatched version (the 1.04 a) but i cant make it work, so what im doing wrong?

Khan32

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

When you say 1.5.2 is coming soon, how soon is that? Days? Weeks? Months? Not looking for exact time, just units of measurement.

Also, having trouble installing mods. Is there a mod program to help with this? Or is it the usual of copy-pasting over files. Does that mean no two mods can be used at one time?
In the start of October

iotaku5

Reputation score

So i just started playing the russenglish version 1.51 and its AMAZING!!! However, there are many parts untranslated for the english version but love the game!
I couldn't get all the parts in the game and I was wondering if anyone has a SAVE where it has both girls?

Siempre

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Have to say with the Russian translated to English part has made me enjoy Witch Trainer a lot more, I'll definitely look forward to when more is translated and added to the game.

I dunno if they would read this or not, but thanks for making the game even better :).

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, now comes the part where we have to wonder: would this kind of project have catalyst around any other game or was it Akabur's work that really made it happen? Akabur can't take the credit for the mod but he was the one who set the base.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ If you (everyone around not me) can remember the "original" WT from back in december last year and the scrolls in there, we could have had ~10 more scenes easy (ballgag render is my new waifu) ...... He also planned some sort of multi-house-gangbang and/or shapeshifting Hermione (the Slythein blonde girl)

Such a waste we got our hands on, hopefully PT:G can deliver (coughIrisQuest/LibraryStorycough)

Laurentius

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I just thought it was because everyone lusts after Hermione/Emma Watson.

Is the latest Magic Shop still the one where only two-ish of the scrolls work?

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is the latest Magic Shop still the one where only two-ish of the scrolls work?
Yes, if you can have the good/evil Jasmines, you got the latest version. He basically went away from MS for a while and work (lol) on PT:G exclusively.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, some of us grew up with her, as it were. :p I'm pretty sure she was my first celebrity crush, if one could call it that.

t_jay17

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

[]https: //drive.google.com/file/d/0B2W02j-eQtAhbWRzV2tJU3pmZjQ/view[/url]

c/p from 4chan

[]http: //pastebin.com/kA21ncJK[/url]

[]http: //pastebin.com/HSWu0ch4[/url]
What are added or different in the mods?

angelgirlxx55

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So i skimmed through this monster of a thread. I have the newest russian version of the game but I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the partially translated English version. What mods is everyone using?

Jumbosauce

Reputation score

In the russian 1.5.1 mod, if you want the partial english translation, click on the small EN on the opening screen, you should see the main menu change to english, and then you're good to go