What's new

RPG [Alice Soft] Rance Quest

Ghotty

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Or not at all. Rance Quest came out in 2011, with Magnum in 2012. Mangagamer only announced the licensing of AliceSoft games in 2015, with the first Rance game (5D+VI) being released late 2016.
Back then, it had taken 3 years to translate Sengoku Rance and from the progress, it looked like Rance Quest would take even longer.

I mean, I'm not defending every single one of Mangagamer's decision, but at least we have a somewhat consistent release calendar with one Alicesoft title every year.
fair, but if I recall correctly, some 40% or so translation progresses had to be abandoned because quest was announced, and quest was announced years ago.

Triplebrc

Reputation score
Or not at all. Rance Quest came out in 2011, with Magnum in 2012. Mangagamer only announced the licensing of AliceSoft games in 2015, with the first Rance game (5D+VI) being released late 2016.
Back then, it had taken 3 years to translate Sengoku Rance and from the progress, it looked like Rance Quest would take even longer.

I mean, I'm not defending every single one of Mangagamer's decision, but at least we have a somewhat consistent release calendar with one Alicesoft title every year.
Maria already had already started to translate the game before Mangagamer was in the picture and was rather far into the whole project for the time that was invested, this was around the same time Arunaru was translating Rance 6 to release it for free, like with other Rance titles he did before that. I was in contact with both of them and from what was said I expected to get Rance Quest rather soon if the pace could be held up, then Mangagamer announced their involvement, which explained why Maria stopped posting progress and went silent for a while. When Mangagamer then took the projects over and Maria admitted that was her goal, Rance 6 was delayed quite a bit even though it was fully finished because Arunaru jumped on that ship as well for obvious reasons, without being told that it would take much longer. Rance Quest would have been done in 2016, 2017 at the latest given the progress updates on Marias blog, and now here we are 4-5 years later, finally getting this game.

Arunaru was rather vocal about the horrendous cesspool that is Mangagamer before he disappeared (hell, even Maria was somewhat regretful on twitter about things not moving for several years), and with the current track record I expect Rance 9 to come around 2023-2024 or some shit, despite it being written down as 100% translated for a few years now too, that is unless they decide to rather release Rance 03 first, or maybe retranslate more games that already have translations like Rance 4. Still I am happy the game finally comes out, honestly abandoned the thought of it ever happening by now, maybe in 2030 if we are still alive by then will we finally have every single game of this series in English. With that late of a release I also have no problem getting this one for free.

ZettaGay

Reputation score
Continuously spamming the same pointless conversation. 2 week ban.
Wow, just 3 pages and I have put this game into absolute.
Anyway, I am looking for enlightment, guys: recently I has got into a "trap" in the game and feels like this is a betrayal for me. (warning, latent gay content)
a gay-guy was turned into a woman to trick main character and he asks to fuck her in the butt, cause he didnt want to be a woman, but only trick the main character once.
There were so many possibilities to make this other way ( there was an altar, which makes you different gender in the previous game), but they made it like this. How can you even trust japaneese after this freak shit?