What's new

[WIP - Partial] AliceSoft - ドーナドーナ いっしょにわるいことをしよう パッケージ版 (Dohna Dohna)

eraea

Reputation score
logo.png
Hi! I and some others on a different site are working on a fan translation for AliceSoft's ドーナドーナ いっしょにわるいことをしよう パッケージ版
or Dohna Dohna for short. It was just released around November this year, something good amidst these times.

DISCLAIMER: This version is the one I translated, modified, and repacked for the game. I claim no ownership to the whole translation.

I've made my Patreon page! Search or add my username after the patreon homepage to visit it

- Fixed a mistranslated ToDo hint
- Translated Girl traits/personalities(those pink boxes); Along with adjusting their UI so there's no text overflow.
- Adjusted detail view of the traits when you click on them and translated them
- Minor adjustments to some screens

- Adjusted dialogue window to accomodate more text in english, enough to fit 4 moderate length lines using line-breaks or by using the games internal message slots (the latter varies per scene and per dialogue)
- Translated dialogue speaker names of some characters (All of the playable characters & shopkeeper) for all the scenes
- Translated almost everything inside the girl training menu (Girl names & description are not of importance for now)
- Store item types are translated so you know what they are for e.g. RECOV is recovery item, TRAIN is for training girls, AZITO items affect your hideout facilities, etc.
- Tips shown at the bottom of the screen are adjusted for english; translated stuff until I think episode 3.
- Save file names are translated (Won't fix old saves as this is only in engine, not what is written inside the saves if I'm correct.)
- UI translations should be around 55 to 60% done.
- A little peek of a semi-MTL with a little proofreading translation of the story (Starting part of episode 1 only, used as testing for dialogue window adjustments)

v0.34:
-Reverted to non-linebreaked character names, it looked good in concept, but with not being able to mess with the game's source code, usage of the line-breaked names make some system lines janky and are bothersome to deal with. Compensated with adjusting the font sizes instead.
-Translated 5 starting Character's Passives and Skills, Torataro's are in WIP since I'm aiming on mixing Romaji and English on his skills (They are mostly in kanji that gets translated badly by google/deepl from japanese and translated gets recognized as chinese too)
-Fixed some icons not properly read by game
-Modified status screens, added customer and girl screens in english

v0.22:
- 30% UI stuff ( Most buttons, Party member status (summary and detailed views)
- 86% Items ( Technically 100% for Item names but most descriptions are MTL and some are not done yet)
- 100% Tutorial screens
- 70% Character Names (Only on status and battle screens for now)
- 0% Story (I think it's easier to finish the other stuff first so this takes the least priority for me)
- Game UI code modified to fit english words (As far as I could. A tool for decrypting latest versions of AliceSoft files is still not available)
0.41 LINK:
Note: seems some people don't know that MF goes to ToS violation if you click on the link directly,
so please copy and paste the link below so you aren't directed there!

Last edited:

Mrnewb

Reputation score
Oh great to see a translation of it but this one will take a lot of time but thank you very much

PrivateEyes

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Thank you for the translation (and everyone working on it). Nothing worse than playing a game and not knowing what you're clicking lol

ghostdiver21

Reputation score
check this out are you guys in the same team ?

OP
E

eraea

Reputation score
check this out are you guys in the same team ?
No we aren't. I decided to take a shot translating it since I haven't seen any translations for the game, then heard some mentions of this one when we were working on the translations. I am planning to completely translate the game though, so it'll take a while.

ThankS for the translation. Make a patreon page
I might make one. ^^

OP
E

eraea

Reputation score
Version 0.34 update, link is in original post

Yupiel

Lurker
Reputation score
Really appreciate your effort! Would really like to give you money for your effort.. but seeing you're not accepting for now.. I'll wait and I'll gladly support you.

OP
E

eraea

Reputation score
Update is up. Check original post
0.40 update changelog
- Adjusted dialogue window to accomodate more text in english, enough to fit 4 moderate length lines using line-breaks or by using the games internal message slots (the latter varies per scene and per dialogue)
- Translated dialogue speaker names of some characters (All of the playable characters & shopkeeper) for all the scenes
- Translated almost everything inside the girl training menu (Girl names & description are not of importance for now)
- Store item types are translated so you know what they are for e.g. RECOV is recovery item, TRAIN is for training girls, AZITO items affect your hideout facilities, etc.
- Tips shown at the bottom of the screen are adjusted for english; translated stuff until I think episode 3.
- Save file names are translated (Won't fix old saves as this is only in engine, not what is written inside the saves if I'm correct.)
- UI translations should be around 55 to 60% done.
- A little peek of a semi-MTL with a little proofreading translation of the story (Starting part of episode 1 only, used as testing for dialogue window adjustments)

Notes:
I'm still playing through the game while double checking stuff and adjusting them so that nothing translated is out of place. It might take a while for a next update.
Also I have made a Patreon, just waitng for their page check thing so I can launch it.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Mediafire always lies and says that links from ULMF are "ToS violations". Copy and paste the URL instead.

OP
E

eraea

Reputation score
Update 0.41 Changelog
- Fixed a mistranslated ToDo hint
- Translated Girl traits/personalities(those pink boxes); Along with adjusting their UI so there's no text overflow.
- Adjusted detail view of the traits when you click on them and translated them
- Minor adjustments to some screens

gutshell

Reputation score
Thanks for the patch man. I am using it and getting crashes during the haruuri phase. A system console window pops open and says string relation -1 and the game freezes. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Daust

Reputation score
will this patch work on the chinese version of the game?