What's new

VN/TEXT [ALICESOFT] RANCE 9 - Revolution of Helman ランス9 ヘルマン革命

Rin Umiko

Reputation score
RANCE 9 - Revolution of Helman
ランス9 ヘルマン革命

(Very) short description
The 9th (or is it 12th?) game of Rance series.
If you don't know what Rance is, please start from Sengoku Rance, or Rance 1 if you don't mind the outdated system.

Story
Former-prince of Helman, Patton, start a revolution to change his country. Against the mightiest army in the continent, he needs a miracle, a man who can defy all odds and achieve victory. Rance, on the other hand, needs to break into Helman's royal treasury to get the powerful magical item to lift the curse on his slave Sill. Thus another legend of Rance(?) begins.

Gameplay
Genre: tactical role-playing

Some notes:
  • Evasion (回避) and Parry (受流し) negate physical damage completely, but the chance will be reduce by 10 everytime they're triggered. The chance resets after the battle ends.
  • Perseverance (ねばり) allow the unit to survive fatal damage, but the chance will be reduce by 10 everytime they're triggered. The chance resets after the battle ends.
  • Armor (装甲) reduce a fraction of physical damage, but the amount is reduce by 10 everytime the unit takes damage. This does NOT reset after the battle ends, but it won't be reduced below the number on the right.

Download
(only accessible from ulmf)
Or you can search (torrent) or somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:

asaness

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: [ALICESOFT] ランス9 ヘルマン革命

The game is like sengoku rance you need to do true route first before you can do the other routes

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Ten plus years for a translation? ten plus years for a translation.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Welcome to life, are you enjoying how unfair it is?

Also, I saw some images which show Kanami getting sold off to slavery?? If anyone is able to tell me what those screen shots mean, that's be great. Are they going to get rid of her like they did with Leila in Rance 7?

asaness

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Welcome to life, are you enjoying how unfair it is?

Also, I saw some images which show Kanami getting sold off to slavery?? If anyone is able to tell me what those screen shots mean, that's be great. Are they going to get rid of her like they did with Leila in Rance 7?
Yes like Leila according to a HF user in certain maps, if a main heroine (Kanami, Senhime etc.) is KO'd in battle, the player is allowed to view post-battle events corresponding to both cases - one where the heroine safely escapes from the captives, and the other where she is tortured, raped and likely mindbroken by the Helman captors, resulting in her bad end. The game, however, can be continued thereafter assuming the "good" escape route. But be mentally prepared for this possibility - it's upto to you to view these bad ends or skip them altogether by choosing "escape", but if you're aiming for 100% clearance, you'll likely need to view them.

Last edited:

bgn

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yes like Leila according to a HF user in certain maps, if a main heroine (Kanami, Senhime etc.) is KO'd in battle, the player is allowed to view post-battle events corresponding to both cases - one where the heroine safely escapes from the captives, and the other where she is tortured, raped and likely mindbroken by the Helman captors, resulting in her bad end. The game, however, can be continued thereafter assuming the "good" escape route. But be mentally prepared for this possibility - it's upto to you to view these bad ends or skip them altogether by choosing "escape", but if you're aiming for 100% clearance, you'll likely need to view them.
Is there anywhere online where the cgs are at? I couldnt find it anywhere. I'm interested in these bad-end cgs.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

Is there anywhere online where the cgs are at? I couldnt find it anywhere. I'm interested in these bad-end cgs.
All the CG of the game are posted here

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I bet alicesoft eroges will sell gangabusters in the west.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I bet alicesoft eroges will sell gangabusters in the west.
As long as they don't do the dick-move lilith-soft did, and allow translators, I'm sure they will. But that requires translators, and them not to sue the translators. The first being harder to find.

PrivateEyes

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

As long as they don't do the dick-move lilith-soft did, and allow translators, I'm sure they will. But that requires translators, and them not to sue the translators. The first being harder to find.
They are pretty good about that kind of thing. If there was any problem, Sengoku Rance translation would have been nuked pretty early on.

asaness

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

they woudnt sue them then the groups doing beat blades haruka, tsumashibori oyako rankan, daitekoku , rance 1-4 ,Kichikuou , sengoku quest magnum woudnt be here now and toushin toushi

MetalDemon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ten plus years for a translation? ten plus years for a translation.
Let's be honest here: this is still an optimistic guess.

textbook703

Reputation score

Unless I missed it, why is there no thread of this.
Yes it's out. Need I say more?
Yes. I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Don't post games without descriptions. Japanese DLsite links don't count.

PrivateEyes

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Yes. I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Don't post games without descriptions. Japanese DLsite links don't count.
You can just check out the long thread regarding it on Hongfire.

Also, the Rance series (especially Sengoku Rance) is one of the most well known H game series in the Western community (especially with the amazing gameplay). I think the poster just assumed that everyone coming to this thread was already well aware of this game.

Plus, it's pretty counter productive and somewhat useless to provide the description that has been on Hongfire for months now.

Last edited:

stuntcock42

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Plus, it's pretty counter productive and somewhat useless to provide the description that has been on Hongfire for months now.
It's a forum rule that we're supposed to provide some form of English description in the OP.

On topic: this game has some very good character+costume designs. There's heavy fanservice (of course), but some of the outfits are practical and all of them are distinctive. The battle sprites are consistent with the portraits, which helps the player to identify the various characters even if you can't recognize their names. There's a fairly consistent WYSIWYG principle - characters wearing plate tend to have high Armor stats; bulky characters have strong physical attacks, etc.

I was using machine translation at first, but I feel that it doesn't do justice to the story so I eventually turned it off. I've decided to just skip through the dialogue on the first playthrough, and then read an actual synopsis before starting over. It'll be fun to see how many of my dumbass assumptions (e.g. "the Wanted poster refers to the fact that the Main Character is a goddamned serial rapist") turn out to be completely wrong :)

Case in point: I just uncovered an H-Scene with a character who's been around since Chapter 2 (or maybe Chapter 3). For the past 8 chapters, I believed that this character was male. Oops. In retrospect, I should have looked past the flat chest, paying more attention to the skirt and leggings.

I did notice one odd thing - many of the chapter titles seem to include Furigana. Is that because they're using very obscure words and/or elaborate puns? I mean, it's an adult game so it would be pretty creepy if they were implicity admitting "we expect that this game will be played by children who haven't yet learned to read properly." Does anyone know what's going on here?

PrivateEyes

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It's a forum rule that we're supposed to provide some form of English description in the OP.

On topic: this game has some very good character+costume designs. There's heavy fanservice (of course), but some of the outfits are practical and all of them are distinctive. The battle sprites are consistent with the portraits, which helps the player to identify the various characters even if you can't recognize their names. There's a fairly consistent WYSIWYG principle - characters wearing plate tend to have high Armor stats; bulky characters have strong physical attacks, etc.

I was using machine translation at first, but I feel that it doesn't do justice to the story so I eventually turned it off. I've decided to just skip through the dialogue on the first playthrough, and then read an actual synopsis before starting over. It'll be fun to see how many of my dumbass assumptions (e.g. "the Wanted poster refers to the fact that the Main Character is a goddamned serial rapist") turn out to be completely wrong :)

Case in point: I just uncovered an H-Scene with a character who's been around since Chapter 2 (or maybe Chapter 3). For the past 8 chapters, I believed that this character was male. Oops. In retrospect, I should have looked past the flat chest, paying more attention to the skirt and leggings.

I did notice one odd thing - many of the chapter titles seem to include Furigana. Is that because they're using very obscure words and/or elaborate puns? I mean, it's an adult game so it would be pretty creepy if they were implicity admitting "we expect that this game will be played by children who haven't yet learned to read properly." Does anyone know what's going on here?
For the Furigana, maybe it's because Alicesoft knows that foreigners are going to be playing this game? XD

Or maybe the chapter titles are referring to foreigner characters ingame? I'm assuming that not all the characters are Japanese. Even Rance himself seems to be modelled after Genghis Khan (sexual conquester) lol

redx

Reputation score

Yep

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sengoku rance hell yeah, if u guys haven't checked it out. Do it now. I spent two full years playing that game without thinking about other games at all.

bgn

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

For the Furigana, maybe it's because Alicesoft knows that foreigners are going to be playing this game? XD

Or maybe the chapter titles are referring to foreigner characters ingame? I'm assuming that not all the characters are Japanese. Even Rance himself seems to be modelled after Genghis Khan (sexual conquester) lol
Haven't played the game yet, but a couple common uses for furigana: names, to prevent confusion; and sort of as a double meaning, like "he says X, but what he actually means by that is Y".

PrivateEyes

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Well whatever the case, I'm pretty sure the intent wasn't to target the game towards children lol