What's new

VN/TEXT [Alicesoft] Rance VI and 5d

markus0i

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Rance VI and 5d coming out in English in 4 days!

Anyone know the status of the Rance Quest translation? Mangagamer has no forums and Tulip Goddess Maria didn't respond on twitter. I know it was "60%" a while back.

TGM has been a fast translator in the past, and now that it's her full time job...

nuclearbomb

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anyone know the status of the Rance Quest translation? Mangagamer has no forums and Tulip Goddess Maria didn't respond on twitter. I know it was "60%" a while back.

TGM has been a fast translator in the past, and now that it's her full time job...
Seems as if it is put on the shelf for now, Manga Gamer has the rights for localization of Alice Soft games in the West and TGM works for them. Neither did they announce it on the expo earlier this year so I got a feeling we won't see it before next year at the earliest.

Sangera

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

They really could try to localize Daiteikoku, it is very sad that after all these years and the fight inside the localization team its stuck with that 37% Translation patch :/

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd rather see them work on Evanicle, Daiteikoku is (apparently) quite bad, and don't be too fooled by those percentages as they rarely properly indicate 'progress toward completion' until they get to 100%

Some translators use it as an indication of work done, others split the work into chunks that get completed (with raw text often being credited with an overly large part of the percentage) and can spend months being stuck on 95% because who knew? Typesetting, proofreading and debugging take up a lot of time.

throwawaytown

Reputation score

Hey guys, any idea on how to clear Rizna in Rance VI? Her FR is stuck at 25 for me, and I don't have the option to H her in the butt anymore. (Am in postgame)

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You need to complete her mage exam (complete the dungeon with the item that corresponds to her in your inventory, it's somewhere down there) and get her S rank weapon. I believe you also need some item or whatever from the museum (inspect the exhibits) but I'm not entirely sure.

OP
S

spaminator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Rance VI and 5d

I finally changed the thread title. lol

Sorry about taking so long.

pf2222

Reputation score
TLDR: 2 save errors, one fixed by creating save folder, other error fixed by changing folder options from read only to giving it full control to all pc users.

I'd like to mention that if anyone is having an issue with the game where it shows 2 errors, upon creating a folder called "save" in your game directory one error will disappear. However, the other error is still shown and it, as well, is saying that the game failed to save "セーフファイルの作成に失敗しました". To solve this issue I changed system locale to Japanese, but what I think actually fixed it is that I changed the folder/file options of the game directory. Right click on the folder where the game is installed, go to properties, uncheck read only, apply, then go to security tab, advanced, change owner, type your account name in the white box and click check names (whatever you named your PC, if someone is very much a newbie and confused just go to C:\Users and see which folder isn't named by something you would see in a windows release on sale, by example a folder named Joseph certainly isn't included in a clean windows release, that would be Joseph's pc name then). When you check names it'll confirm your pc and then click ok, apply again, click OK. Now you're back to the previous properties window, click edit, give everything you can full control over the game folder, apply and click ok. See if the game works. If it doesn't, see if it works with system locale on japanese. If it doesn't again, go back to the security, advanced tab and click add, once again add your PC name by clicking select principal and checking the names. Click ok, then check all (even on show advanced permissions, though it should be automatically selected once you check full control) the basic permissions boxes, except the "Only apply these permission" click ok. Once again, apply, click ok. Go back now check mark the "replace all child object permission entries" apply and click ok. (check if all of your group usernames on the security tab have full control, I'm quite sure not all of them need full control but I did it for all just in case). Click ok and try to run the game.