What's new

ANNOUNCEMENT: SOPA, PIPA, MEGAUPLOAD, AND THE FUTURE OF THE FORUMS

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score
Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: SOPA, PIPA, MEGAUPLOAD, AND THE FUTURE OF THE FORUMS

And WHAT is wrong with chrome? If you ask me, its one of the better (if not best) web-browsers out there.
Chrome don't work for everyone.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Lets see, from a technical stand point Chrome has a myriad of compatibility problems with sites and flash.

Also its full of the worse kind of bloatware, SPYWARE.
You ever wondered why Google would pay tons of websites to advertise their browser and try to bundle it with everything?
Because it tracks your browsing habits, sends the non-anonymous data back to Google so that they can use it for targeted advertisements.

myrubbish2001

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Lets see, from a technical stand point Chrome has a myriad of compatibility problems with sites and flash.
Can you mention a few of these web-sites which don't render properly in chrome? I want to verify your claim because I haven't encountered anything of the such.

Also its full of the worse kind of bloatware, SPYWARE.
You ever wondered why Google would pay tons of websites to advertise their browser and try to bundle it with everything?
Because it tracks your browsing habits, sends the non-anonymous data back to Google so that they can use it for targeted advertisements.
Can you back this claim with hard facts? Or at the very least, please tell me what "extra" data google collects from chrome that they don't do with other browsers?

To my knowledge, the only data that gets sent to their servers are your keystrokes when you type in a search on the address bar. But, if you change the default search provider to someone else (like Bing or Yahoo), then your keystrokes get sent to them instead. And this is information you would anyway type in a search engine, so I hardly think it can be categorized as "loss of privacy".

helhansen84

Lurker
Reputation score

you dont need chrome to use mega. its just optimized for chrome.
snd mega is still very beta-like. you can expect better compability with other browsers soon.

i really dont see a reason not to use chrome. when i started using it, everything else felt like IE.

Last edited:

Gunblazer42

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've used Mega on FireFox and have had no problems unless the file is huge (I tried to download a file about 700 MB big and it pretty much demanded I use Chrome for it), but I've been able to download smaller files and upload files just fine with FireFox.

helhansen84

Lurker
Reputation score

that is good to know. right now i have still a few big files in upload progress and i'm not gonna cancel them, but i'll try with 100mb files next time.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I was trying to download RJ109831 (247.6 MB) and it wouldn't let me without using chrome

Gunblazer42

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Now there is a FireFox extension that allows you to download files from Mega a lot easier. It should show up once you go to the site using a FireFox browser.

ramza91

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What is the actual name of this site?.com,.net?what?

Gunblazer42

Demon Girl
Reputation score

lailani

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

hmm.. well..

as it goes for US GOV "Fight against Piracy", it's just extension of their "turn human population into cattle - for easier farming" policy.
Since Dark Ages very little has changed between GOVs and ppl paying taxes - back then people would pay 1/3 to GOV, 1/3 to Church, and then live of the 1/3 they are left with. sit down with your calc for 30 min and in most countries you will come to number greater than 66.666...% that goes byebye to the master leechers.

no matter what laws say, free thoughts, freedom of speech and freedom of information are all obstacles in the grand scheme, and we'll see tons sucessfull or not tries to obstruct them in the future.. well.. before it all blows up one way or another.

untill then, the best most of us can do is equivalent to playing music against war ( which is totally silly btw - wars are fought with instruments different from musical ones )

R

Ryka

MEGA is now taking down links...