What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

Feckless

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania - Final Public Update! (July 25th, 2015)

This is me going out on a limb here, as it's been super long since I myself played the last public beta (sidenote, a new public version will be released in the future with a lot of updated content), but I know there are some ground tiles that are a different color than the others, and can be shot by the blaster and destroyed, allowing you to drop down into more of the room.
Yes, I managed to figure that out. The tiles were too dark to see the first few times I was there, but I just randomly hit the right spot while fighting the slime. But then after a couple of minutes I became stuck.

Like, literally stuck... where there are these tunnels that look like I'm supposed to crouch or slide through, but then as soon as I try to do that she get stuck in her crouch pose unable to move or stand back up again.

I'll give it another go some other time to see if I'm missing something but after 20 minutes just backtracking back and forth with nothing to see or do in between I got frustrated and left.

Oh and thanks for the reply! Much appreciated. :D

Orexius

The user not formerly known as Winterfield
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania - Final Public Update! (July 25th, 2015)

Yes, I managed to figure that out. The tiles were too dark to see the first few times I was there, but I just randomly hit the right spot while fighting the slime. But then after a couple of minutes I became stuck.

Like, literally stuck... where there are these tunnels that look like I'm supposed to crouch or slide through, but then as soon as I try to do that she get stuck in her crouch pose unable to move or stand back up again.

I'll give it another go some other time to see if I'm missing something but after 20 minutes just backtracking back and forth with nothing to see or do in between I got frustrated and left.

Oh and thanks for the reply! Much appreciated. :D
Feel free to post screenshots of any areas you get stuck in, that should make it easier to figure out what's wrong and how to fix it. If I remember correctly, there may be a few bugs in the last public beta (again, been months - if not years - since I touched it), but there shouldn't be anything game-breaking in itself.

And you're welcome, always happy to help!

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Heyo ULMF, long time no talk eh? Sorry for the complete silence on my part over here. Things haven't exactly been going so great for me in life lately, and I've let a lot of things fall by the wayside because of that. However, I'm finally starting to get things back to normal in some ways, so I'm gonna be trying to post here a lot more.

Which brings me to today's post: surprisingly, yes, CPE is still in development, and today I'm gonna be showing off the new Water engine I created for the game.

The physics here are all faked, rather than a real physics-based water engine, so it's not quite as realistic as I would like. Still, I'd like to think it's a marked improvement over the old, static water.

The code for this was done across a few devstreams, which we just recently started getting back into. I'm trying to stick to a schedule of at least 2 streams a week from here on out - this week's will be on Tuesday and Saturday, at around 1 pm EST, for anyone who wants to consider checking it out. I'll post again here when the stream is about to start with a link.

I wish I had more to show off for all the time I've been gone, but truth be told there isn't much. Things were really bad for a while and I didn't get anywhere near as much work done as I wanted, and the work I did do was mostly behind-the-scenes stuff, like finally re-coding the collision engine so it's not awful anymore. Still though, hopefully I haven't completely lost your interest, and I'll be doing my best to keep updates more frequent from here on out!

Junk-Hobo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Noice! And no haven't lost interest just had to take care of irl stuff.

I look forward on the new add-ons and cooler stuff. Keep up the great work.

WonkaWally

Reputation score

Hey Anon42, it's been YEARS since last we "talked".

I remember back in the day telling you to consider to improve many things on the graphic side, it's evident you disregarded most (as in: all) of them.

Nevertheless, i must admit you are creating an AWESOME gameplay system. To be honest, i just ended trying your .26 demo and i got totally hooked for hours and made it just up to second boss.. on just a demo? give me a break! it's THAT good!!

Anyway, it still feels like you're underestamating your game's potential and your own talent (both of them evident on the demo). I kind of remember telling you that better quality would bring better numbers.. and it seems i was right as your numbers stay basically the same over all these years.

Consider taking your game and talents to the next level. Also, keep in mind that so many years may cold down many stakeholders (read: potential buyers). So many years in the making is not acceptable even on massive-budget games, CARRY ON with your ideas, they're awesomely great, but start moving forward faster.

Hugs.

Me :p

PD: such a good thing that we logged in basically the same day, feel free to contact me via PM if you're now ready to listen.

(Edits for ortography purposes only)

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I remember back in the day telling you to consider to improve many things on the graphic side, it's evident you disregarded most (as in: all) of them.

Nevertheless, i must admit you are creating an AWESOME gameplay system. To be honest, i just ended trying your .26 demo and i got totally hooked for hours and made it just up to second boss.. on just a demo? give me a break! it's THAT good!!

Anyway, it still feels like you're underestamating your game's potential and your own talent (both of them evident on the demo). I kind of remember telling you that better quality would bring better numbers.. and it seems i was right as your numbers stay basically the same over all these years.

Consider taking your game and talents to the next level. Also, keep in mind that so many years may cold down many stakeholders (read: potential buyers). So many years in the making is not acceptable even on massive-budget games, CARRY ON with your ideas, they're awesomely great, but start moving forward faster.

Hugs.

PD: such a good thing that we logged in basically the same day, feel free to contact me via PM if you're now ready to listen.

Let's see here.. 1 post on ULMF and yet says he talked to me YEARS ago, talks as if he's a savant and I should do everything he says without question, says he loves the game and then proceeds to trash all over it while ignoring the obvious and numerous graphical upgrades the game has received throughout the years, says "your numbers stayed the same" when I'm earning over three times as much as I did in the first year, talks about quality as if it's an objective thing you can change easily rather than a skill that must be developed before you can improve your work, implies that it's MORE acceptable for games with massive budgets and hundreds of people to be in development for a long time compared to a small team with an extremely limited budget.. Glad you like the game, but as for the rest of your post, give me a reason to think your opinion is worth so much before talking like you know everything.

@Junk-Hobo - Thanks, man. Glad to know I haven't lost everyone's attention at least.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Glad to see you are still around. I know all about life deciding to kick you in the dick. Hope you get it all sorted out.

And I for one didn't lose interest, just can't offer any financial support at this time. :eek:

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I think you got negged man

maybe they want a specific kink put in

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Let's see here.. 1 post on ULMF and yet says he talked to me YEARS ago, talks as if he's a savant and I should do everything he says without question, says he loves the game and then proceeds to trash all over it while ignoring the obvious and numerous graphical upgrades the game has received throughout the years, says "your numbers stayed the same" when I'm earning over three times as much as I did in the first year, talks about quality as if it's an objective thing you can change easily rather than a skill that must be developed before you can improve your work, implies that it's MORE acceptable for games with massive budgets and hundreds of people to be in development for a long time compared to a small team with an extremely limited budget.. Glad you like the game, but as for the rest of your post, give me a reason to think your opinion is worth so much before talking like you know everything.
Haha, I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that post (and its user with a single post to his/her name) seemed a little bit egotistical, arrogant, and rather undeservedly superior-sounding. I'm glad you took it rather well, as you always do, Anon. But TBH, I think the poster had no malice intended and probably didn't mean to come off as condescending as s/he did.

Anyway, I think the water looks great; the game has been coming so well, so no worries about any hiatuses. Again, most of the community here knows how much progress you've made and how you're good for your word, so I think most of us are here to support you (well, I do at least). Though I hope I don't sound like the other poster, I do remember when you were first starting off and had a few struggles of your own when life was difficult, and during your father's ill times. And yet you're still plugging away as a dev. So no need to apologize for infrequent updates or absences; we (or I at least) just assume that you're hard at work if you don't post, and would only believe that you're gone when you actually SAY you've given up. Those of us who watched your progress from the beginning should have faith, so don't worry.

TL;DR: Lots of support. Take care of yourself first.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Haha, I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that post (and its user with a single post to his/her name) seemed a little bit egotistical, arrogant, and rather undeservedly superior-sounding. I'm glad you took it rather well, as you always do, Anon. But TBH, I think the poster had no malice intended and probably didn't mean to come off as condescending as s/he did.

Anyway, I think the water looks great; the game has been coming so well, so no worries about any hiatuses. Again, most of the community here knows how much progress you've made and how you're good for your word, so I think most of us are here to support you (well, I do at least). Though I hope I don't sound like the other poster, I do remember when you were first starting off and had a few struggles of your own when life was difficult, and during your father's ill times. And yet you're still plugging away as a dev. So no need to apologize for infrequent updates or absences; we (or I at least) just assume that you're hard at work if you don't post, and would only believe that you're gone when you actually SAY you've given up. Those of us who watched your progress from the beginning should have faith, so don't worry.

TL;DR: Lots of support. Take care of yourself first.
You're probably right. Sorry, I should have just ignored it - no sense in editing/deleting the post now though, I don't want to be disingenuous. Anyway, thank you for all of the kind words, and for sticking with me this long - it really does mean a lot.

@mayaktheunholy - No sweat man, support comes in a lot of forms that aren't just financial. I appreciate everyone that follows the game, regardless of if they donate or not.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

No, that guy's a sad little prick and I don't think anyone would have thought less of you for simply telling him to fuck off.

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I have to agree with super_slicer on this one.

While I personally would provide some leeway regarding wording since some things such as tone generally don't carry over when creating a message on the internet, in some statements the person is just plain condescending, arrogant, and/or dickish (all of which are already evident by the second fucking sentence which is an achievement in itself). That's not even mentioning the several factual errors, which two of them could easily be remedied by looking at your initial post regarding the water engine and your Patreon page. Also, this:

"talked". The fuck is that supposed to mean.

Anyway, enough negativity. It's nice to see you make a reappearance on ULMF and interact with its community again. No one can blame you for the complete silence either, after all that's happened. And I'm sure you still have most of everyone's attention and interest still, so all things considered, you're doing great. Now excuse me while I find some more money to go throw at your Patreon.

Last edited:

sharpys

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@Junk-Hobo - Thanks, man. Glad to know I haven't lost everyone's attention at least.
Ignore him. It's an alt; Probably been banned YEARS ago

Nomo

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Having seen the recent streams, Anon has been doing great progress. Life can be very shitty at times, but what is important is bouncing back. Great work on the water effects and keep it up and try to ignore the random trolls.

Antithetical Inquiry

Matriarch
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The quotation marks make it seem like you're a recurring villain.

So then, does that mean you had some bad ideas? At least Anon doesn't owe you royalties I guess?

So what you're actually saying is you don't like their art style...?

What numbers are you talking about? I think anon has grown significantly over the years.

Consider taking your game and talents to the next level...
This is as close as you get to constructive criticism.

Also, keep in mind that so many years may cold down many stakeholders (read: potential buyers). So many years in the making is not acceptable even on massive-budget games, CARRY ON with your ideas, they're awesomely great, but start moving forward faster.
So, just reading into this a bit here, you're impatient and want more, in spite of not really liking the art style, and the gameplay being awesome. If the development of the Nutaku platform, and Steam's baby steps selling VN games, Anon's patience may be well timed in not rushing the game and leaving it unpolished; thus degrading the gameplay you so thoroughly enjoyed.

Hugs.

Now... ready to listen? What are you, some H-game agent? Are those a thing? I typically try to stay quiet when it comes to people's posts and ability to express themselves. But this. This just feels like passive aggressive shenanigans.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Oh hey Anon, long time no see! Still no humongous dicks and belly distortions? Welp, fuck you, I'm out.

But seriously though, glad to see you back. I'm not a backer, and with no income can't become one, but I'm definitely still curious as to where this game will lead. I was interested way back when you started the thread, and I'm interested now. Work in your own pace, and take care of yourself. Results is all that matter, not how fast you get there. But if there's one thing that matters more than results, it's your own well-being. So there's really no need to apologize for taking care of yourself, and whatever personal business you've had to deal with.

So yeah. Glad to see you back. Looking forward to whenever I can actually try out something new again. And for reals. Stomach distending dicks need to be in this game one day, whether you like it or not!

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Oh hey Anon, long time no see! Still no humongous dicks and belly distortions? Welp, fuck you, I'm out.

Shoulda seen that one coming ;v;

For real though, thank you <3 Not just to you but to everybody, I didn't expect this much of a response to finally coming back here. I missed you guys, for what it's worth. (and I swear I'll add at least 1 huge dick with belly distortion eventually)

I would go over everybody's posts, individually, but I'm actually about to start today's devstream. Come on by if you have the time and interest!

EDIT: Stream's over, thanks to everybody who came by C: I had to shut down a little early because of a storm coming through; not about to risk a file corruption because of a power outage.

Last edited:

fullmetal

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yo quick question, will there ever be another public demo? Since the last one was two years ago and all, was wondering if it was going to be updated at some point.

Nightverge

#1 Hero
Reputation score

No shame in fake physics as long as they look nice. Better to save the processing for more important things.