RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Another RP Concept: FMA meets Zombie Apocalypse

Correct.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Grave: No you wont be able to do that, though people will be advised to have at least one piece of equipment with a circle on (probably gloves) that will allow you to use one type of alchemy without having to draw circles all the time.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

That reminds me, what about combat related alchemy - Melee Weapon creation, Defensive Wall and Ranged Attack? Do they require different circles that regular transmutation skill?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Yes they do, though it's purely aesthetic, they'll all most likely take as long as each other to sketch up.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

And I assume that the circle for each skill is different... Damn, that means I'll have to find a way to put 3 or 4 circles on my hands.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Which would be impossible :p

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Can't have more than one circle on each hand, right?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Yup, but the circles need to be either the same, or two halves of the same circle. Remember Kimblee's? It would work like his, his was two halves of the same circle.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Why only put them on your hands?

Get a deck of playing cards and pre-draw circles on them. (That would work for small circles, correct?)

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I would think so...Although I'd personally think unlined index cards would work better.

...Granted, I'm no FMA expert.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Well so long as the circle is whole then it would work on any surface, plain or otherwise.

And a deck of transmutation circles? Man, that would be the oddest card game ever. It would work, though I'd imagine the power of the alchemy would be hampered by the size of the circle. Hmm, I'll leave it up to Wolf to decide whether that would be allowed, but I'm pretty sure the circle would be useless after one use.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Probably...

If it's for fire, definately. Card's likely gonna be burned up.

For the others... I'd say simple stuff, probably could reuse a few times. Major stuff, or any form of direct attack, one use.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Well so long as the circle is whole then it would work on any surface, plain or otherwise.

And a deck of transmutation circles? Man, that would be the oddest card game ever. It would work, though I'd imagine the power of the alchemy would be hampered by the size of the circle. Hmm, I'll leave it up to Wolf to decide whether that would be allowed, but I'm pretty sure the circle would be useless after one use.
In defense of my idea: the circles that Mustang and Kimblee use aren't very big either and can have massive effects. From what it looks like to me (Although I've only seen the two animes) is that circle size only limits the complexity of the spell rather than the power (Since Al could make decently large effects with small, hastily-drawn circles).

As for being single use: most circles did seem to be that. Only the one's woven into fabric or worked into metal (Both of which worn as clothing) seemed to last more than one use from what I remember. The cards just have an advantage over normal circles of being pre-draw.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Yup, but the circles need to be either the same, or two halves of the same circle. Remember Kimblee's? It would work like his, his was two halves of the same circle.
What about having one circle on hand, and a different one on a bracelet? Also, if I draw a full circle on one hand, I can draw a different one on the other, right?

((I'm not sure if I understood your explanation.))

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Uh, I'd imagine it wouldn't work with two different circles on hands. Your character would need to clap his hands together to activate the circles and I'd imagine two different circles activating together like that would fuck things up.

And so long as you could activate the circle on the bracelet without activating your hand circles then yeah, you can. Though we may put a limit on how many circles your characters can wear. Otherwise it'll get ridiculous.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I was starting to consider putting a limit on worn circles...

I'm thinking one directly on the hands, and maybe one on the chest, since I recall Oni's alchemist character in a previous RP having one there. (One on gloves, if there's a way to activate that without activating a circle on the palms.)

I'd say any more than that would require first-level canon support before consideration. (First-level canon means it appeared either in the anime, or the manga from which the anime was made.)

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

So, that gives us only two circles on a character, and one on equipment? Hmm... That trick with cards will be useful.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Lol the one on Alex's chest was a half complete human transmutation circle. And for fire or lightning the circles would most likely be on the back of the gloves so activation wouldn't be a problem when it comes to the chest circle.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So no on the chest circle. And I thought it was Grey, not Alex.

Either way, the blank cards may be the way to go, if you want pre-made circles.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh yeah, you're right about that. I did mean Grey.