What's new

Ark City, Central District, Broken Shillelagh Public House/Old Town Theater

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Ark City, Central District, Broken Shillelagh Public House

Flicking his cigarette into the now empty third glass, James attempted to sneak into the basement where the electrical box was. If he could get the power back on, it'd be a cinch to burn out all these 'reporter bots'.

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

Both were able to begin moving unobserved, as Miranda's attention was now on a young couple in formal-wear who had been sitting in the lower section of the restaurant seating. When she whistled, they had begun moving toward the bar, as had two of the group of four women near the stage.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Once he reached the basement James re-lit his lighter and quickly found the breaker -box. Prying it open and flicking everything to 'on'.

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

Nothing happened. On closer inspection, the box was a mess; a massive surge had clearly blown through the breakers.

James did, however, also notice a sort of tunnel nearby with a sign over it bearing the logo of the nearby theater.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Max took advantage of the situation to slip out the fire exit, before taking off at a full run in the general direction of his shop... While trying to maintain the appearance of someone just getting out of Dodge, as the saying goes.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"Suppose I could just connect the cables manually, but I'd probably end up frying EVERYTHING inside the bar..."

The idea that the theater would have a large amount of excess electrical supplies dawned on James, also the thought that nobody would miss a few.

And with that he decided to head down the tunnel. Surely a tunnel with a sign saying it went someplace would go to THAT place, no?

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

Ahead of him in the tunnel he could just make out the shape of someone else moving in the same direction.

The individual's voice floated back down the tunnel. "ARTEMIS: incursion in the pub. Activate security state two. Blackbird going active."

A precisely modulated computer voice responded, "Blackbird, active. Security state two, negative. Sector sensors offline. Unable to access pub systems."

"Alert Shadeweaver and Winter. And begin an analysis; I need to know the cause of the outages, now!"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Outside, Max, now concealed by his "Night Doctor" get-up as well as the armor's cloaking device, leaned around from his hiding spot to see what was going on at the pub, this time with an outside view...

'It would be better if I had proper resources to test and build the bloody thing, but when all I've got is scavenged materials... Not entirely relying on the suit's cloak for stealth is the smartest route."

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

Sounds of power-armor weapons firing and robots exploding came from the north. Max glanced inside just in time to see Miranda holding a quiver full of arrows and cursing in Gaelic as she searched for the clearly-missing bow. The girl in the yellow prom dress yelled "Miranda!" as she threw a package through the air. It expanded as it flew into a compound bow that Miranda snatched out of the air and smoothly began firing at the robots.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Pausing for a moment to make sure he hadn't been detected, James re-evaluated his previous plan.

'I wonder... perhaps my intervention will prove unnecessary if Blackbird's here calling in Weaver and Winter?

Well whatever Winter's involvement, calling in Shadeweaver seems like a desperate move, anybody could just slink into that place he's been so watchful of these past few years...

No, I don't even know if there's anything worth taking from it and since I'm already here I might as well pull on this thread a little further.'

Cupping his hand in front of the small flame to further reduce his presence, he began to follow the voice down the tunnel.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Max began cautiously working his way around the outside of the pub towards the sounds of weapons fire. While doing so, he glanced upwards to get an idea of whether or not he could attempt to get on the roof for a better vantage point.

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

James soon found himself in the basement of the theater. There was a long hallway with a series of rooms branching off on both sides.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Max probably couldn't get up to the roof of the two-story building, unless he could fly...

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Checking each room in series James made sure not to disturb any possible occupants.

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

He found a workshop. As he walked in, there was suddenly the unmistakable sound of a shotgun being cocked and a strange, high-pitched voice yelled out "It's PLAAAAAAYTIIIIIME!"

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Max considered for a moment using his grappel line to reach the roof, but decided to look around the corner instead.

While trying to see how the fight around the front of the building was going, he switched the cannister launchers to the smoke payload.

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

A smallish individual in power armor was flying around shooting the robots. The armor was obviously of Wintergreen Technologies origin.

Off to the side, he could see someone dressed in what appeared to be a cheap, homemade Foxbat costume.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Max switched the armor's cloak off, and fired a pair of the smoke canisters at his feet, then switched and fired a pair of net canisters into the nearest cluster of the bots.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Flicking his lighter shut, James ducked behind the doorway.

Hope this... stone? Can take a couple blasts, no sense trying to fight something in the dark at anything other than close range

James tried to recall whether there was a door on this room's entrance. And what material it might have been made of?

[Sc8]Hardware

Official Curmudgeon
Reputation score

Max saw Kelly Ryan, one of the "theater kids," crawling across the parking lot toward the theater building. Her prosthetic arm and leg didn't seem to be functioning either...

The power-armored figure flew down toward her, but Kelly waved her off, pointing back toward the pub, and the sounds of battle now coming from inside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The workshop lit up with multiple pairs of red lights like tiny eyes, as more voices began repeating the "playtime" call. It wasn't clear what the walls were made out of, but the door to the hall was wooden, and wouldn't provide much in the way of protection.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

'Time to consider strategies... Fight going on inside, but there's experienced folks in there, looked like... Got someone out here not moving so well. Also have some idiot in a cheap costume that looks like some fanboy attention grab... Hrm, might be time to go sneaky again.'

Max switched back to the smoke canisters, and launched another pair into the fray, before dodging to the side and cloaking again. After that he began to start working his way around behind the costumed fanboy.