What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Artificially Dead] CrescentSoul

Reputation score
Hey there.
I'm Artificially Dead and I'm currently developing a 2D platformer game filled with nothing but Yuri and Futa, and inspired by Metroidvania games.

CrescentSoulBanner2.png
Game Title: CrescentSoul
Genre: 2D Platformer with Metroidvania elements.
Gameplay: The gameplay will consist of fighting your way through a large selection of different enemies and bosses that will more than happily have their way with you as you explore a mysterious ancient castle and uncover its secrets.

Controls:
A - Move left
D - Move right
W - Jump
S - Crouch/Escape
J - Attack
L - Backdash
R - Pause Menu

Fetishes: Yuri, futa, oral, facesitting, femdom, and no doubt more to come as development progresses.

About me and this game:
Just a few things I wanted to talk about. I feel it would be dishonest of me to not outright tell you that I am no expert programmer, animator, or artist. I very much consider myself a beginner in all these fields but over the time I've been working on this project I've gained a better understanding of all these aspects. I should also note that everything in this game is being done by myself. No pre-made assets, no friends to help, nobody to do art for me, it's all been from scratch so far. Either way I'm committed to developing my vision here, but why did this game come about in the first place? Quite simply... There isn't enough 2D futa and/or yuri games out there. I have lurked these forums for a really long time persistently seeking games of that variety. A few have shown up, as I'm sure others have noticed, but if you ask me it's not nearly enough. So I decided that I'd try to contribute to the small amount that exist already and make my own. Be the change I wanted to see, that kind of thing. As a result I'm rather passionate about the project I guess. That's all you need to really know for now though. Thanks for reading this segment!

Links:
If you like the look of what I'm making I've got a Patreon you can support me on right here. Any support is greatly appreciated! A discord server also exists for those who like those.

Here is also a link to the latest public build.

<--- Current PublicBuild [v0.1.5]
<--- Current MainBuild [v0.2]

TL;DR got really upset with the lack of 2D platformer yuri and futa games so i decided to make my own.

Attachments

Last edited:

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
A discord server also exists for those who like those.
...would you like to link it?

I'm fully on board with your mission here, though. Pre-Alpha shows more than enough promise for me to follow this closely. A pretty good grasp of several basics - jumping and gravity, midair controls, enemy attacks are very readable. Panchira during the falling animation is a nice touch too of course.

Will the game be more focused on combat or platforming?

dazedanon19

Reputation score
Going to keep an eye on this one. Wish you the best of luck in your project!

IAmAKi

Reputation score
I'm interested so far, I just hope all the character art, scenes or otherwise, won't all be drawn directly from the side.

OP
Artificially Dead
Reputation score
...would you like to link it?

I'm fully on board with your mission here, though. Pre-Alpha shows more than enough promise for me to follow this closely. A pretty good grasp of several basics - jumping and gravity, midair controls, enemy attacks are very readable. Panchira during the falling animation is a nice touch too of course.

Will the game be more focused on combat or platforming?

Knew I was missing something... Will edit it into the post.

I'm glad the movement's looking and feeling good for you, it's something I really wanted to get down!

As for the game itself I'd like to say I want it more focused on combat, but being the beginner coder that I am, I can't make all the promises that I'd like to. Let's say I'm a really big fan of DMC and Bayonetta, so you can kind of guess from that how much I'd love to get a good combat system in.

Going to keep an eye on this one. Wish you the best of luck in your project!
Thank you kindly!

I'm interested so far, I just hope all the character art, scenes or otherwise, won't all be drawn directly from the side.
I'm glad you mentioned that. It's my intent to get some angles from the front and back too, as well as to eventually add small vignettes that show in detail what's exactly going on where the action is, but that's later down the line.

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Interesting...But here's hoping for combat rape, and that you don't only get animations on game over...

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
While the character art is mildly lacking with detail, the background art seems pretty impressive for a first-timer.
(Apologies for Necro. I wasn't going to say anything until I noticed the Discord had occasional updates being mentioned)

OP
Artificially Dead
Reputation score
Hi again. Quick update without getting to much into the weeds of things.

First off; free public demo is out, go give it a go, tell me what you think. Some bugs are listed on the post, and I found out that it doesn't like ultrawide monitors. I've also updated the main post on this thread with some relevant information as well as how builds will be released going forward.

Secondly on the speed of progress of the project; things took a bump, as life does, and my time able to be spent on the game was very little over the last year and a half. But as of this month there's been a number of changes in circumstance that let me dedicate a reasonable amount of time to the project itself, and throughout April more progress had been made in half a month than in an entire year. I feel like I can actually make meaningful updates now and the Patreon page itself has been getting monthly updates for some time now if folk want to stay more up to date. All the updates are of course public and free to check on at the start of each month. I can't tell when the next build is yet, but I can say that I am immediately setting to work on fixing the major bugs that appeared in the current build and getting to work on the rest of the enemies to get variety in ASAP.

That's all really. If you want, join the discord (link in main post), keep an eye on things. A lot with the game changed since the initial proof of concept build and while there is still some jank I need to resolve I feel like there's enough there to call it the first official build.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Escape doesn't work for me at all. Pressing S during an animation does nothing.

Edit: Having a controller plugged in breaks the game's controls.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Although you've found the source of your issue, this bears some attention. Gamepads tend to completely break Unity games unless a certain amount of configuration is done to properly support them. The most frequent issues are that Unity thinks the triggers are constantly held down for whatever reason, or that the right stick is uncentered (more an issue in 3D games).

OP
Artificially Dead
Reputation score

Thanks for letting me know! I'll see what I can do about controllers for the next build, either disabling or implementing them.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
Why sometimes it's so hard to escape? Like, I tried to press S but the pink bar doesn't even move :(

Also, is the move random? I can get two animation from each enemies, but can't seem to get the third :(

OP
Artificially Dead
Reputation score
Why sometimes it's so hard to escape? Like, I tried to press S but the pink bar doesn't even move :(

Also, is the move random? I can get two animation from each enemies, but can't seem to get the third :(

As mentioned above, if you have a controller plugged in then the S key doesn't seem to work. Otherwise if it's just too difficult to spam the S key I can likely adjust that for the future.

The H animations should be completely random, and both enemies currently have three.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
As mentioned above, if you have a controller plugged in then the S key doesn't seem to work. Otherwise if it's just too difficult to spam the S key I can likely adjust that for the future.

The H animations should be completely random, and both enemies currently have three.
I don't have controller :(

Time to try again and again then for the animation =w=)b

OP
Artificially Dead
Reputation score
Hey there.

Lots more progress has been made on the game lately including a new enemy which includes 3 new H scenes and a new gameplay mechanic, the parry system. I've also decided that between the larger main build releases that I'm going to start putting out smaller more frequent Development Builds to try and provide more content on a regular basis as well as to assist in bug-hunting between the main build releases.

I've also restructured the tiers a bit to be more in line with what I've seen other Patron creators do.

You can find the new development build on the Patreon, and it's highly recommended you read the post before playing, as there's one bug in particular right now that I've not yet had a chance to fix that can make the player character disappear.

OP
Artificially Dead
Reputation score
There's a new Development Build out which brings the current total of enemies to 6 and the total H-scenes to 18. There are some bugs listed and as usual the Development Build is unstable and incomplete, more-so designed to help find some bugs. Despite that I'll be working on fixing what I'm already aware of in order to get the next Main Build out which will be more readily accessible.

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Hate to be "That guy", but is this going to be another one of those situations where the scrubs get stuck with a vastly-inferior version of the game for like 3/4 the cycle of the entire game's development while the dev shills for patreon money by constantly giving updates on the game on forums like this?

"Look how hard we're working on the game! Oh right, you can't, unless you give us money."

Contrary to what you might think, constantly teasing people with how good your game is, and having the free version look like something whipped up in half a month doesn't exactly wet the appetite for a patreon subscription. Not that I'd ever be caught dead paying money on a monthly basis to wait for a game to be made. I'm old-fashioned, I like buying games, not subscribing to them.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Hate to be "That guy", but is this going to be another one of those situations where the scrubs get stuck with a vastly-inferior version of the game for like 3/4 the cycle of the entire game's development while the dev shills for patreon money by constantly giving updates on the game on forums like this?

"Look how hard we're working on the game! Oh right, you can't, unless you give us money."

Contrary to what you might think, constantly teasing people with how good your game is, and having the free version look like something whipped up in half a month doesn't exactly wet the appetite for a patreon subscription. Not that I'd ever be caught dead paying money on a monthly basis to wait for a game to be made. I'm old-fashioned, I like buying games, not subscribing to them.
How the dev handles their funding and marketing is up to them. Like it or not, for all its pitfalls, releasing betas through Patreon does work well enough for many devs - for the more successful ones, it reduces the risk of investing X time into creating the game - as opposed to keeping it under wraps, releasing it finished and hoping the profits offset that opportunity-cost. It can also enable them to develop the game full-time, and even expand the scope of it, where they might otherwise be doing it as a side project and still working their day-job.

You're certainly not entitled to in-dev builds of the game - no dev has to release free builds at all - especially if you're not paying to access them. And you're completely at liberty not to.