What's new

Artwork Commissions Discussion

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Artwork Commissions Discussion

I've considered getting art commissions, but it seems pretty hard to find an artist who is actually interested(Read: Not full), and also actually delivers.

That, or they're too expensive for me to be able to afford it. Though the expensive ones appear to always be open for commissions

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

...the expensive ones appear to always be open for commissions
That's strange. Even the expensive ones ($50 per drawing) seem to be pretty busy.

Do you mean like $100+? I could see those going nowhere.

I bet concept artists and such on big games like Tomb Raider, Mass Effect, Diablo, etc.. make a lot. Then again they're under contract and deadlines so they might not be as happy as freelance artists.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've considered getting art commissions, but it seems pretty hard to find an artist who is actually interested(Read: Not full), and also actually delivers.

That, or they're too expensive for me to be able to afford it. Though the expensive ones appear to always be open for commissions
i've never received enough commissions to even consider saying my slots are all full, ah....then again...i've been told my prices are actually cheap...

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I would say that I also haven't really looked much either

But yeah, $80+ I consider a lot for a single piece of art, and those almost always seem to be open, while anything cheaper is usually full

Again though, I've only checked for artists I've been linked by friends who say "Here, this guy is good"

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I would say that I also haven't really looked much either

But yeah, $80+ I consider a lot for a single piece of art, and those almost always seem to be open, while anything cheaper is usually full

Again though, I've only checked for artists I've been linked by friends who say "Here, this guy is good"
:3 I ought to draw more examples, i see santy getting a lot of neptunia commissions lately

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've got my post typed up and ready to go!

Title: Need a sprite artist and artist/animator for a NSFW, commercial RPG Maker project.

Hello! I am currently seeking an artist (or two) to help me with my NSFW project.
The project I'm talking about is The Fairy, The Succubus, and The Abyss. (or FSA, as I often use to refer to it)
I've been working on this game for a few years now, and lately I've received enough Patreon support that I
can afford to hire some artists. Yay!

And that's where you come in. :)

Primarily I am interested in an animator that can make simple sex animations (and climaxes) in various positions.
I had wanted Adryn (aka EHCS) for this, as I prefer their art style, but they seem rather preoccupied (and for how long I don't know).
Here's examples of their work:

Another style I like, that you can google, is "Miyama Kannon Nude".
Currently my game uses some pictures by that artist/group as placeholder art.
Another game I'm using some resources from is Violated Heroine.
Eventually I'll want to replace those.

Besides needing an artist/animator I also need a pixel artist, mainly to cut down on my own work load.
The type of work I'm interested in will vary quite a bit, but for the most part it will be very small pixels, within a 32x32 block.

The type of things I need from a pixel artist are:
Resizing monsters to match a certain size/style.
Simple 3 frame combat stances.

Ideally I would not expect to pay too much for those, considering that you'll be modifying an existing character and I could always do them myself, if necessary.

There are other, more complex pixel animations that I need but I need a very competent pixel artist for these tiny NSFW animations.
I'm not very good at making them myself, but I'll expect something at least as good as what I can do.
Here's an example (WARNING! Mature content: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/picture.php?albumid=865&pictureid=17492)

Besides sex animations I also need someone to fix the sprite set of a nude girl for me (she walks kinda funny in my version, but I'm hoping someone can fix that).
I'll also need an animation of her in a battle stance, ready to fire a bow.

If I'm really happy with your work (and you're not too expensive), then I might even hire you to redo a bunch of these sprite sex animations for me.

I do appreciate a good portfolio, but even if I like your examples I won't know if you'll be a good match for FSA until
we test the waters. This means my initial commission from you will probably be $15 or (preferably) less.

For my part I don't consider FSA to be a commercial game.
While FSA is supported by my Patreon account, it is and always will be a free to download game.
If it so pleases you then feel free to consider FSA a commercial game.

Hopefully my job offer/s and terms have not offended anyone, but if I have then I apologize.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to working with you. :)
If you wanna go for Deviant art joboffers I could give you some tips, I used it about half a dozen times by now, I'm usually pretty satisfied, but you have to know how to weed out the bad offers.
Maybe when I start the thread next month I can link you to it and you can help me weed out the bad offers?

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Again, Deviant art, job forum, just be upfront about wanting hentai, easy.

@Paladox

That post is waaay too convoluted. No wonder you struggled. 80% of this post is stuff no artist cares about, so a lot of good artists will just drop you before reading through all that stuff.

A good job offer should be concise, describe what you want, how you want it, that its erotica, and how much you'll be willing to pay, if you are good also a rough time estimate/process.
You do get copyright for your art right? I ask 'Cause I read almost everything but that in your offer.
I'm asking because just because someone draws something for you doesn't mean you have the right to use it for ANYTHING but looking at it. If you want to use it in a commercial game, for promotional stuff, etc, you have to actually own the artwork.
Its a minute detail for you two if you own the art, and give the artist full usage rights, or if the artist owns the art and gives you full usage rights, but trust me, its a huge legal difference.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is this better? I think the last bit could possibly turn off some artists but you seemed to think that bit was important, so.. Well anyway, here's the new version. I cut it down to just a request for the animations.

Title: Hiring an artist/animator for adult, erotic animations

My project requires very simple sex animations for various positions.
The characters will only be minimally shown, possibly from just below the breasts to the bottom of the thighs.
I would prefer the animation to either be in gif format OR, if you draw them frame by frame,
then individual .png files. Pixel art animations would be ideal, but not required.

I want simple, cute lines with a plain black background.
The female character will be petite with fair skin.
The male character should be easily modifiable, in case I ask you for a variety
(human (various colors), orc, beast, etc..).

The animation must include the climax, so you'll need to be able to draw/animate semen.

I am hoping to limit the cost per full animation to about $50 or, preferably, less.
If you're especially good at what you do then I may be willing to go higher.

When completed and paid for I expect to own full rights to the animation,
to use as I please in any number of games and/or promoting my work.
You will be given credit for the animations in any game's credits that I use your work in.
You will of course be free to use the art/animations to promote your own art and such,
but it must include a watermark of some kind. You will not be free to give/sell the full
animation to others without my consent.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmn.., hey, I'm not claiming to be some sorta expert, no need to copy exactly what I do.
That said, I think this is better, got a good artist or two out of it? My problem is usually I get FLOODED with insane amounts of responses on posting anything above 30$ ^^

You have to be careful though, make sure that people actually get you want sprite animation not .. full on animation scenes. I struggled with that on my prior requests. ^^

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmn.., hey, I'm not claiming to be some sorta expert, no need to copy exactly what I do.
That said, I think this is better, got a good artist or two out of it? My problem is usually I get FLOODED with insane amounts of responses on posting anything above 30$ ^^

You have to be careful though, make sure that people actually get you want sprite animation not .. full on animation scenes. I struggled with that on my prior requests. ^^
Actually I do want a full animation, like 80-ish frames. Needs to be gif format though (or individual frames). Wouldn't be able to use an avi or other such movie file though.

I just posted it after seeing what you thought. No replies yet. I guess it's OK if nobody responds. At least I tried.
If all else fails I can always look for an adult animator on there. It seems more costly though when I have to hunt down the artist, rather than having them come to me.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, been a bit busy rl wise, lets see:

I just posted it after seeing what you thought.
I think its fine, you'll get less responses for animation, because less people know how to do it.

It seems more costly though when I have to hunt down the artist, rather than having them come to me.
Always is, on the plus side, you can grab an artist that actually knows what you want in a nude CG.

I have one lewd animation scene in TLDH(Demonhunter forest north area if you wanna check it out), individually animated, think that one cost me about 30$ and has *checks* 67 frames. Artist seems to have dropped off though. I'ma gonna be a pal and see if I can dig them up...

Thats the guy:

Sounds like more than enough for your needs, does sprites too, tell 'em you want moar like the hentai animation he did for me.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think its fine, you'll get less responses for animation, because less people know how to do it.
Got a couple responses. They wanted some examples of what I'm looking for and an approximate frame count. I decided to add that info to the thread after answering them.

I have one lewd animation scene in TLDH(Demonhunter forest north area if you wanna check it out), individually animated, think that one cost me about 30$ and has *checks* 67 frames. Artist seems to have dropped off though. I'ma gonna be a pal and see if I can dig them up...
Tried playing through to it but it was taking too long so I took a shortcut. :p
Anyway, I'm not sure I would be happy with their animations. I guess I would rather pay more and get better quality, but thanks anyway. I appreciate the thought.

Your game is interesting. I may try to play through it when I have more time. :)

Edit: One of them responded. I think they might be good to help me with the sprites. I'll give em a test and see what happens.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, my animation was more of an 'is it possible' thingie, and IMO, its really hard to include good animation in rpg maker games.

A'ight, have fun.

Yeah, high quality animation is suprisingly niche, theres a fair deal of folks that can do basic sprites, a fair deal that can do high end, movie level quality, but simple yet good animation on ye olden flash day levels is hard to hammer out.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well one of the people who contacted me has declined (no reason given) and the other hasn't responded since I asked for a $5, 3 frame animation of a 32x32 character. Not sure if they were insulted by the $5 or what, but I guess it's better to just move along than deal with someone who's non-communicative.

If the price isn't right then they should haggle. No point in just dropping out (and it's rude IMO).
But maybe they'll get back to me. It has just been one day so far.

A few more days of waiting and I might look for an animator instead. Hopefully the more expensive ones won't be turned off my initial proving.
I just don't want to spend more than $5 before I know that they can actually make the type of stuff that I need.

Last edited:

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well one of the people who contacted me has declined (no reason given) and the other hasn't responded since I asked for a $5, 3 frame animation of a 32x32 character. Not sure if they were insulted by the $5 or what, but I guess it's better to just move along than deal with someone who's non-communicative.

If the price isn't right then they should haggle. No point in just dropping out (and it's rude IMO).
But maybe they'll get back to me. It has just been one day so far.

A few more days of waiting and I might look for an animator instead. Hopefully the more expensive ones won't be turned off my initial proving.
I just don't want to spend more than $5 before I know that they can actually make the type of stuff that I need.
you could just ask perfeccia ars or lustfire if theyll take the job

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

you could just ask perfeccia ars or lustfire if theyll take the job
Perfeccia Ars is already working on about 7 sprites for me (that were lost halfway through completion). I probably aggravate him enough as it is without asking for even more work.

Didn't know about Lustfire. I might try to contact them in a couple days if I can't get the ball rolling anywhere else.

Edit: Lustfire is only interested in doing CG (no animations) at the moment.

Also, maybe I'm rude or something but it seems like Deviants just suddenly stop replying with no explanation.
I wish they would at least say no but I guess a lot of people complain when they say no.

Keep running into roadblocks. Not sure what to do. I may have to poach potential clients in other job offer threads. :cool:

Edit 2: Browsed some old job offer threads and put several animators on my watch.
I've already sent notes out to a few people though, so I'll wait a week or so before trying some others.
After waiting about a week I think I will start deleting artists from my watch.

I would go ahead and send notes to all of them but I would feel bad if I had to turn down someone.
Then again, I could commission multiple artists to do different things.. could get confusing though.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, maybe I'm rude or something but it seems like Deviants just suddenly stop replying with no explanation.
I wish they would at least say no but I guess a lot of people complain when they say no.
Don't blame yourself, if they drop out without a word, they, themselfs are kinda rude, so .. yeah.

Its easy to find pictures, simple animations and pixel art is hard, heck, if I knew a good one with fair pricing I'd be planning on other games now.

I would go ahead and send notes to all of them but I would feel bad if I had to turn down someone.
Then again, I could commission multiple artists to do different things.. could get confusing though.
Why? Worst case, just contact enough for you to barely afford, assuming not all will respond, then poke the next few after a few days. ^^
Honestly, I've used 3-4 single artist at the top times, currently down to 2, as long as the styles don't clash, whats the harm. Some artists have different talents, levels of quality, etc.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just sent a couple more notes out. Hopefully I'll get a bite. xP

Also, denied by an artist that had a lot of hentai images. I guess they don't do animations though.

Also also, I don't think I could afford more than a couple artists at the moment. If I do manage to snag one I think I'd want to keep them busy. :D

Edit: Still sending notes. xP

Edit 2: Not much in the way of affirmative replies. Still have about 3 more deviants to send a note to.
I may need to browse some other threads and poach some more deviants.

Edit 3: Is there a Deviant Art policy against sending explicitly sexual links through notes?
I ask because that's usually the point where contact with these artists seems to come to an abrupt end.

Edit 4: Got a thread reply from a really good artist. I hope they can do animations.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Are there rules against erotic art via notes on Deviant Art?

I just got a note with the following:

Hi whats your email, I created an animation for you but cant upload to DA to show you because of rules
I'm feeling a bit skeptical since they don't have any art at all in their gallery...