OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Artwork Commissions Discussion

Use a guerrillamail then

And have the files send directly to a virus check website too
I may have found an artist already. I will wait and see what happens. If it doesn't work out then I'll go through the rest of my list and then try the guerillamail as a final option.

Thanks for the link though. :)

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Are there rules against erotic art via notes on Deviant Art?
There are rules, though I've seen DA get progressively more lenient with things. Not sure if it even applies to notes, but its good to have one email just for business stuff anyway, soon as you go commercial with Hentaigamestuff.

Oh, and don't trust an artist whose samples you can't dig through, so, hows it going on your quest? Good animation is still so hard to find*nods*

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Last I knew for deviantart, explicit, full-on sexytime needs to be at least censored, but nude art is just a-ok. There's a few people I have on my watchlist that do photography studies with ladies of various states of undress, and I've seen erotic artists place censored or cropped images of their work that they post uncensored on other sources, like FurAffinity or Patreon.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's a new account, so it's no biggie if they do ban me.

As for my quest, it's so so. Just waiting around on the artists to get back to me. Thankfully I don't have to pay them till they have something to show.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's been over 48 hours since my last post here, so maybe it doesn't count as double posting.. maybe. :p

Anyway, still waiting on those last two artists that sounded so promising. One of them did post a couple new commissions on their page. I don't particularly like how she did these two (necks are a bit big and the faces leave a lot to be desired). Hopefully the person who commissioned those actually wanted it that way. If she pulls the same thing with my commission then I'll definitely point it out.

The other artist said they would do an animation for me to free. I gave them all the details and they seemed OK with it. It's been about a week. Hoping that they're just a little preoccupied with some stuff. They may have gotten a good job offer though and decided to drop my request. After another week or so I guess I will start poking some more artists. Can't wait around forever.

Edit: Went ahead and contacted another artist about amputee art. They're not taking commissions right now, I think, but will see...

Edit 2: One of the two artists I had high hopes for isn't replying to my notes. The other one is taking care of their injured loved one.
Honestly I think I have the worst luck when it comes to artists. xP

Edit 3: Trying an artist on Hentai Foundry now. I am very skeptical, but we'll see...

Edit 4: I should probably wait a while before sending out more commission requests. xP

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

$300 for an anal animation seems kinda pricey.
I did ask for 35+ frames though (with additional 35+ for semen overlay).
Hoping that they will settle for $25 to get started for rough sketches.

Most of their animations aren't very smooth, but they use very few frames so that kinda explains it. I wouldn't be happy with most of those. Not my commissions though, and I find that examples don't tell the whole story.

I am confused that they still charged a lot despite me wanting them to only show from just below the breasts to above the knees. Hopefully it will be exactly what I need for FSA though.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I am steadily having more luck with artists these days. I'm currently working with a fantastic artist, Mavis, of mydirtydrawings.com.

Here's Brantley, the latest piece:

Stuffie

TouchFluffyEars
Reputation score

It's a pretty image. :)

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I know there are occasional issues but for $10 (special patron pricing), I don't normally point them out unless it's something that really bothers me.

I do have a couple characters that need redrawing, but for now I want to get concept pieces done of each character. I can focus more on a better centerfold later on.

I occasionally have him draw something just for fun, like this one:

In other news, I thought I found a sprite artist but I'm being charged an extra $15 for their time spent making a gif (of a 3 frame, 32x32 character).
I didn't really ask for that, and could have done it myself...

Hopefully future commissions will just be $7.50 per 32x32 block. Don't need gifs. >.<
Actually you would think it would be a little cheaper after the initial image.

Last edited:

CrazyChameleon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's certainly a minefield out there. It took me a long time and a decent amount of wasted money to find artists who's professionalism, skill and attitude I was comfortable with. And once I even got screwed over by someone who seemed to be on point as soon as she saw the grass was greener elsewhere.

However there's nothing wrong with the idea you just have to find someone who you can get on with. It's important to be able to talk to the dude and have them understand your ideas. Do NOT use a commissioner who's grasp of your language is poor. I'm not prejudiced but it's very difficult to communicate artistic ideas to someone who's grasp of your language is shaky. In order to achieve a desired result without 1000 revisions. Communication is important as is taking your time to produce good references.

Learning how to write a reference that gives all the information an artist might need without overloading them with unnecessary information is a skill by itself. If you are going to work with multiple artists consider commissioning character sheets. As in the long term this can save a LOT of time writing references.

And if your project is in any way commercial make sure you ALWAYS work under contract.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I always tell the artist that the work is for a patreon supported game. So basically them agreeing to do the work is like a contract. All I need to do is keep the email correspondence.