What's new

RPG RPG Maker [azurezero] princess escape (NOW FREE because fuck it it's my anniversary) RE100845 RJ100845

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: princess escape

I think the game's biggest problem is that it's missing direction. There is some overall polish that needs doing to make it feel more 'complete', and to fix the odd bugs and improve the game's balance, but the biggest problem I think is that you never really know what you're *supposed* to be doing.

On the positive side, I rather liked the few H-scenes I saw (maybe 6 or 7, though not sure how many there are total), and I thought the artwork was fine. The writing could have been a little better and more expansive for those scenes, which would have helped with their level of eroticism, but it was alright.

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I still stand by my last review of the demo. Which was mostly negative. I did try the demo again to see if anything changed. Aside from some bug fixes the demo still left the same impression on me.

I couldn't imagine the full version being much better, and after reading Virile's review it confirmed my doubts. I will not be buying this game.

You have potential though. You've got a good game somewhere in there. You just need to execute it better then you did with this game.

vjuchi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Okay, I have played this game for 15 more minutes...

I think the problem with this game is, that it was by far not tested enough.

You should always ask a few people to beta-test your game before publishing it.

1. Better cut out unfinished content.
Players would not miss out quests they don't know about (e.g. quest with necklace & pet). However seeing something obviously not finished is always bad.

2. Doing everything should have a purpose...
Why the hell should I smash "space" on my keyboard? What is the reward for doing that with the woman spanking you or the fortitude stat? Doing something without knowing why is not satisfying.

3. People always have something to say.
Already mentioned here a few times but I sucks if you can't interact with NPCs. Just give them a standard line. This should not even take very long with just copy & pasting.

4. Spelling, text and grammar
I am not really the right person to critise the points above but...
There re a lot of bad formating errors and typos.

5. Add a walkthrough
There are games that pretty tells you what you can do. But I don't think your game fits into this category. Well, at least I am stuck :p
Adding a walkthrough or pointers would be nice.

The problem you have right now is that there are a lot of good games puplished every week/month and people have only so much free time. xD

I would rather like a short memorable game than wasting my time with lenghty half baked content. I have played this game for 30 mins in total now not really because it got me hooked but more to give you this review.

I don't regret spending the few Euros on this game, because I can clearly the hard work you were putting in this game and really hope that you will improve in the future. Your artwork is not bad :)

I will drop in a 1-2 commisions for your artwork now.^^

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i did make it hard to figure out, but helping people raises your reputation, it is an invisible number, after youve helped 8 people you can go meet the brothel owner who steers you towards your desired ending...

after 3 days there was a quest for people who didnt allready meet rei, guy shows up at night in the bar wanting a lumina cloth (it's by the trader) , i have managed said quest only once...though if you have money it becomes easier as you can buy a magic water to make it daytime again

the hardest ending to get is the ice sprite escape ending but i really like the artwork, some of the quest exploits are there simply to help with getting this ending (the sp durangal loop where you sell it to raviel you can buy another durangal...this is also important because the lv x tsukuyomi can be stolen to make the quest repeatable...anyway buying the durangal also counts as helping someone)
you need to get enough money to buy the zero's blades which are imbibed with magic that makes ren strong enough to kill the guards at the lower exit of the capital (equip them). this option is also available in the other escape routes but theres nothing telling you, in sprite route the brothel owner tells you.

you can grind cash by making armour to sell...or by using the durangal loop

or you can cheat if that gets frustrating
top right corner of the building with the trader and blacksmith, pushing z repeatedly gets you free gold

for the assasinating the emperor route...you need steel armour, a dispell scroll or beaten lv 4 in the barrier dojo, and directions from rei
after inspecting the crack in the residence (up from capital) a smuggler in the building with the bunny waitress sells you a bomb scroll

the directions from rei are
South, North, West, West, East,
North, South

the actual solution is
north is the red warp point, like a compass needle, another hint is a sign in the capital indicating which way north is

the tentacle capture game can be repeated as long as you dont "save"
which breaks the machine and locks the slime ending if you dont have ice sprite with you... if you want to know why that ending happens, you can read about it in the basement of the emporers residence by taking the odd key with you (metal cover oposite the stairs that go up)

im assuming no one needs help with the escape route...as no one has asked for help regarding that at all

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

new poll concerning production of the H in mini game series

also need help deciding a price. was thinking £1.50 but probably less, dlsite prices would be a bit more of course but as always i'll set up a checkout on my blog

keep thinking about this as a business student, making big games with a bigger price tag and small mini games with h content for a smaller price tag...

Casual19

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Sounds to me that it would take too much time if you went with unique poses with everything.

I mean it would be nice if you did use unique poses for every state of undress, but you don't want to bite off more then you can chew.
Know what I mean?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

it wouldnt be too much, but it would be too long a project for what is essentially a mini game. and it wouldn't be worth the potential profit :(

i mean i shouldn't think of profit all the time but i'm a business student...
and by next year i'm hoping to be good enough at this to keep making good games and living off it

for the purpose of transparency...
i pay £3900 in rent per year to my mother as she can't afford to support me on her own...so every little helps really...princess escape was kind of a let down... am looking into developing my japanese skills, i already have a pretty good understanding of the language but am not really good with kanji... i doubt i could translate princess escape into japanese but these mini games would be a bit easier... for example i know that the japanese rock paper scissiors is refered to as yakyuken... demon lord is Ma-oh, etc...

i can tell from games like slave island just having a game in japanese language is good for sales, especially one as puzzly as princess escape

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ever thought of making dragon quest parodies? Lol just saying those games seem to get thousands of DL's just for being DQ. You can have like a series of DQ mini-games.

Of course if it's done badly your rep might hit rock bottom in japan.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ever thought of making dragon quest parodies? Lol just saying those games seem to get thousands of DL's just for being DQ. You can have like a series of DQ mini-games.

Of course if it's done badly your rep might hit rock bottom in japan.
nah the dq thing was a joke, though i do plan on doing a more traditional rpg at some point, allready got plans for puzzle bosses and a mark system :)
also roaming monsters instead of random encounters and monsters that try to stop you leaving an area if you're low on health :)
(like event monsters that flood the 1st screen in an area to block youre exit)

also one of my customers commissioned me to do a book cover...but they havent answered any of my emails since paying me a deposit bigger than most of the commissions ive doen so far (£25 but it was commercial)

Last edited:

Starke

Banned
Reputation score

I have something to say. :)

The game itself, is the first atempt of the author to release a RPG maker game, and it was done in a rush.

Did it lack a captivating history? Yes.

Did it lack IMPRESSIVE artwork? Yes.

But it DOES have a story, and it DOES have original artwork. Let's put that aside for now.

The author, does he have potential? Yes, a few more hours playing around with RPG maker, and spending more time on the drawing panel, can he end up releasing a great game? Absolutely, I mean, it's just a mater of effort, games need more testing, a couple more things but it had interesting minigames and things of the sorts, in the end I just think it was hell of confusing but entertaining.

Give it time, I expect great things from Azurezero if he doesn't rush out games.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have something to say. :)

The game itself, is the first atempt of the author to release a RPG maker game, and it was done in a rush.

Did it lack a captivating history? Yes.

Did it lack IMPRESSIVE artwork? Yes.

But it DOES have a story, and it DOES have original artwork. Let's put that aside for now.

The author, does he have potential? Yes, a few more hours playing around with RPG maker, and spending more time on the drawing panel, can he end up releasing a great game? Absolutely, I mean, it's just a mater of effort, games need more testing, a couple more things but it had interesting minigames and things of the sorts, in the end I just think it was hell of confusing but entertaining.

Give it time, I expect great things from Azurezero if he doesn't rush out games.
did you like any of the ending artwork starke? any in particular ^^ i like the futa one

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
erojanken

very early demo of my strip rock paper scissors game...
don't worry about ren's clothing damage pics from princess escape being in there, i just wanted to make sure i could make the clothing damage work right before committing to draw all of the pictures...

no game overs yet, just 6/7 girls in the lobby and the rock paper scissors itself :)

yet to program it so it registers your victories, (you will need to beat all 7 girls at least once to unlock the fight against the demon lord)

need to draw the pictures and add events to make the right scenes show upon winning and unlocking them in the gallery

undeadclown

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'll be very interested once pictures and some scenes get in!

I don't know about being able to play as any of the girls, though. I suppose RPS is pretty random, so it would be hard to lose even on purpose. That's your call, however.

Anyway, yeah I'm very curious to see where this goes!

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll be very interested once pictures and some scenes get in!

I don't know about being able to play as any of the girls, though. I suppose RPS is pretty random, so it would be hard to lose even on purpose. That's your call, however.

Anyway, yeah I'm very curious to see where this goes!
you will have to win to actually unlock the pics in the gallery ^^ and beating all of the girls (or 6/7 because youre playing with one) to challenge the demon lord for extra gor goodness...it is actually a game this small :) but strip games like this have been done before :)

i actually really like those old pc98 games

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

just want people to know that this isnt the game...dunno why they thought the game was 941mb

but clearly inflated...actual game is 60meg

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

just want people to know that this isnt the game...dunno why they thought the game was 941mb

but clearly inflated...actual game is 60meg
That blog is odd in general. There's several posts on the blog with that same download link included in that post. Even those with different file names on that blog are just as big, it's either he stuffs a bunch of his uploads into those huge.zips or it's just moar, "I HAVE ALL THIS STUFF YOU PROBABLY WANT BUT YOU NEED PREMMY TO GET ANY OF IT."

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

anyone wants to try the early demo of my latest game check

i was supposed to do some artwork today but several real life got in the way. still gonna try and get some done now

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

bump for updated link with actual artwork since i got round to it

(link above but also on blog)

Omaru_SD

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I bought the game, I kind of liked it though I might've preferred a save anywhere function. I did notice a few problems though, like the guy who charges to see the other captives, that warp spot is open anyway.

Also the woman who spanks, I've yet to try not pressign anything, but even so there seems to be no purposes letting her hook up with that guy, I thought maybe he'd teach me the technique to go beyond level 5 in the barrier break as I can't get past the second or third barriers in the castle, and the part where you said the woman at the brothel tells you the sequence for the portals in the castle, I can't get anything out of anyone in there, except the above mentioned scenario and the lesbian kiss.

I enjoyed it though, despite it's flaws.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

you completed it just fine then? what about the other routes?

edit- i am a fool...

the 1st two barriers in the castle are controled with switches, the 3rd is impossible unless you have beaten level 5 of the barriers or picked up a dispell scroll
...it is that segment of the game that could be unwinnable ^^; i had a sierra moment.