What's new

ACT [azurezero] The Trade - puzzle platformer ror [out now for £2.5 on itch.io]

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Trade - puzzle platformer ror [out now for £4.6]

Just wondering but how many of you accidentally got the full game? only one person reported such a thing and i don't know how it happened, but the sales for this game are awfully low considering how much people seemed to like it.

i've got £1200 left to pay off my overdraft before august. so itd be nice if sales picked up a little.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

|Alien|

Lurker
Reputation score

How can I unlock the gallery?
I beated the game twice but the gallery is still locked.

chuenlee

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

i am getting this after the game
might need help

for object object169:

Unexisting room number: 0

|Alien|

Lurker
Reputation score

i am getting this after the game
might need help

for object object169:

Unexisting room number: 0
If is the DLsite version is "normal".
Download the demo from Azurezero's site and use the unlock game file with that version. The game will be 100% functional.

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score

Not a bad little game, but it has a glaring issue:
You abuse affordances way too fucking much.

If a switch is introduced as a bad thing (raped) at first, don't make it bloody necessary in a subsequent level. A game should never abuse a player's trust in that way.
Don't make a switch BOTH positive AND negative without any visual or sound indication whatsoever. Same result as above, frustration.
Don't expect your players to figure out that a platform will fall after travelling x distance horizontally anywhere above them, this is just pushing it. I was personally so angry when I figured it out, and you want people to have fun instead when playing games.
Overall, it seemed like you asked players to figure out WAY more than you really should in a game.

It's not all bad though, you did managed to implement and teach most of the mechanics in a good and sensible way, mostly by forcing players to figure it out before being able to proceed at all.
The controls worked fine for the most part, I died for no reason at all but that was alleviated somewhat with the ability to save and load whenever.
The art style was cute and pleasing. I wouldn't personally call it arousing however.

I'm not even sure why I went into review mode, but I hope this can help you in the future. Good luck on your future works!

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

thank you to everyone who told me about my game being on hentai4daily, my internets been down for a few days but i already knew about it... ive had games up on sites like that before and been unable to get them removed... but thanks for the concern, it's really nice to know people still care.

the cg gallery is unlocked in either one of the rooms with the yellow doors or the red door, its probably the one you cant level skip. at least one person did find it on their own.

ITS THE ONE WITH THE RED DOOR, you need to ride it up to find the yellow star

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not a bad little game, but it has a glaring issue:
You abuse affordances way too fucking much.

If a switch is introduced as a bad thing (raped) at first, don't make it bloody necessary in a subsequent level. A game should never abuse a player's trust in that way.
Don't make a switch BOTH positive AND negative without any visual or sound indication whatsoever. Same result as above, frustration.
Don't expect your players to figure out that a platform will fall after travelling x distance horizontally anywhere above them, this is just pushing it. I was personally so angry when I figured it out, and you want people to have fun instead when playing games.
Overall, it seemed like you asked players to figure out WAY more than you really should in a game.

It's not all bad though, you did managed to implement and teach most of the mechanics in a good and sensible way, mostly by forcing players to figure it out before being able to proceed at all.
The controls worked fine for the most part, I died for no reason at all but that was alleviated somewhat with the ability to save and load whenever.
The art style was cute and pleasing. I wouldn't personally call it arousing however.

I'm not even sure why I went into review mode, but I hope this can help you in the future. Good luck on your future works!
10/10 great review, i tried to set out rules to hint at the existence of traps but i had more fun with the actual puzzles

also, 33 sales, nice, almost 1/10 of my overdraft

Last edited:

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

thank you to everyone who told me about my game being on hentai4daily, my internets been down for a few days but i already knew about it... ive had games up on sites like that before and been unable to get them removed... but thanks for the concern, it's really nice to know people still care.

the cg gallery is unlocked in either one of the rooms with the yellow doors or the red door, its probably the one you cant level skip. at least one person did find it on their own.

ITS THE ONE WITH THE RED DOOR, you need to ride it up to find the yellow star
Ugh, that's where it was? Man, I was looking for that for a while. I only managed to accidentally find the red star, and I don't even know if that did anything. Does something happen if you get all three?

rayg6

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Unfortunately I don't think that site will take the link down, the best you can do is avoid referencing it here, so that people won't go get it for free

simplyfilgaia

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've been trying to find the blue star myself. I have had precious little luck in that regard so far.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've been trying to find the blue star myself. I have had precious little luck in that regard so far.
I never actually thought of a place for that one, better to tell you than to let you carry on searching i figure

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

games out on dlsite eng now, i'd reccommend you buy it off my tumblr though, much cheaper on paypal... though my internets still being dicky so i apologise if im late sending unlocks out

I urge you to buy it if you enjoyed the demo :3

also, how come windows 8 cant seem to handle the mouse moving and the mouse clicking at the same time in these games (it happens in last demon hunter too)

Minis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

ok, game is nice and all. but i got too frustrated at this level. cant imagine what to do, or how to pass it :(

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Those blocks only fall if you're in the middle of them. Try to land on the very edges of the blocks, and you can jump your way up to the door.

FarmerKyle

Reputation score

I figure with that last post, I can ask for a little help.

I'm currently in the room with two pink blocks, with four milk needle shooters on the far side of the room, set up like stairs, shooting at me. I got across and on top of them and traversed the disappearing blocks to the door, only to find a yellow block in the way. I've looked high and low for the switch to open it, but I've found squat.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I figure with that last post, I can ask for a little help.

I'm currently in the room with two pink blocks, with four milk needle shooters on the far side of the room, set up like stairs, shooting at me. I got across and on top of them and traversed the disappearing blocks to the door, only to find a yellow block in the way. I've looked high and low for the switch to open it, but I've found squat.
i think 1 is level skip but im pretty sure i fixed that a while back...try

Guile45

Reputation score

Found the red star on accident. Found the yellow star in the hint you provided. No luck on blue star. Played through the game 5 times >_>

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Found the red star on accident. Found the yellow star in the hint you provided. No luck on blue star. Played through the game 5 times >_>
i never thought of a good place to put it lol

TheCardWielder

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This sounds like such a stupid question, but may I ask for a hint on where the red star is located please? I can't seem to find it :(