What's new

B&B Group 1 OOC

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: B&B Group 1 OOC

Does Sleep affect just one creature, or can it hit multiple ones? The "4HD of creatures" suggests it's the latter.
The latter. The spiders are 2HD, and you can metamagic Expand it to affect 8HD if you want.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If you can use heroism to secure a hit, just do it. Don't wait for a big moment.

Getting their numbers thinned down early is better than securing a kill on one last spider.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Both my attacks would have missed even with a heroism bonus.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Especially since when we thin their numbers down, we can start ganging up.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When I stop and think about it, isn't ten spiders with AC 14 and 12 HP a bit much. I don't know what to-hit values everyone else has, but isn't it something like a 50% chance to hit each time for anyone that isn't Karaz?

I mean, I ran this for LDF and presented her with two Human Commoner template enemies (HD 1d8+1 (5 hp) AC 12 Dagger +1 (1d6+1)), and they did significant damage to her. Depending on what our to-hits are, it's seeming like this encounter is one that's almost always going to beat us unless we get lucky early on.

I'm actually worried that encounters are designed around Karaz's stats, which means everyone else is sol.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I'd need to roll 11 or above to hit, basically. One attack per turn. Need two hits to kill unless I get lucky and roll max damage or crit, and magic missile deals a lot less damage. At least three to kill, even with max damage rolled.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Well I'm not so sure about this game but in pathfinder at least yeah this would be a pretty major encounter. Thing is though, it's only as threatening as we let it be cus wizard.

I mean, nothing is really stopping Alia from just spamming sleep spells and us just crushing each one individually. If Faeyna wasn't currently brain fucked and thus pretty useless as a spellcaster more than usual I could have entangled the whole lot of them, or dropped mist so Arkeia could hide with relative impunity. I'd rather use the mist against archers though.

In the grand scheme of "I hit you, you hit me" Nobody is going to beat Karaz out on it for certain, that's sorta the only thing the fighter has. but if we start leveraging combat advantage, where spellcasters excel, we can easily start punching above our weight limit so to speak. So don't worry too much about hp, as casters go, Alia can basically end fights before hp matters and my jobs mostly utility and buffs. Well, once they come online. Cmooooon Barkskin!

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I can spam it as long as my HP holds out. If I keep getting hit, that's not gonna be long. Right now, we're still at serious disadvantage unless we break out and start killing those shits fast.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

This encounter is meant to showcase Alia and Faeyna's crowd control a bit, compared to the tougher enemies you fought in the other big fights where Karaz and Arkeia have great damage output. Faeyna should really try using her Entangle spell on some of the spiders too...

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Good fucking luck getting Zilrax to cast anything.

Also, do I still have combat heroism? I passed the sleep test, but missed drowsiness save by one.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

RJ: Tass, you have +3, and zil has +5. Versus AC 14. Ten of them. Zil has a 27% chance in one turn to insta-gib a spider. You have a 22% chance
RJ: This fight was seemingly designed to be a battle of attrition, we aren't statistically able to clean these guys up easily.

Karaz meanwhile stands at a 65% chance to insta-gib a spider.

So, the most probable result is we wipe out one spider a turn, which is what happened. They have roughly a 50% chance to hit us for an average of 5 damage. 50 damage from ten spiders divided by 2 is 25 damage, enough to 100-to-zero one of us in a single turn, or just poop on more than a quarter of our total health pool as a party.

So, I'm hoping that whatever is hit by Alia's stuff is considered dead, because she's the only one who can make this encounter winnable when it's seemingly originally designed to wipe us in all likelihood. If they make a single good save before we thin them down, we start losing quickly.

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Not to mention: this isn't like regular dnd where going to 0 HP takes you out of the fight, and stat damage resets if you get knocked up. Basically there is no permanent penalty for what in a normal campaign would be PC death, and nobody ends up being unable to play at any point regardless, so I can make the fights a bit nastier than I would in a normal game. That also gives us more smut, which is kinda a goal here.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, why do webs automatically hit?

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Good fucking luck getting Zilrax to cast anything.

Also, do I still have combat heroism? I passed the sleep test, but missed drowsiness save by one.
No, your metamagic counts as a combat heroism.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dis some shounen manga shit.

"YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN SAVE US ALL SENPAI"

OP
A

arivia

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Also, why do webs automatically hit?
They don't really. I'm not actually counting them as being on you until you fail a save against them. Think of it as me asking for a saving throw, but rolling everything that round under the assumption that you've passed, to speed up the game.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

My dc right now is 9. It's really not worth spending a turn doing.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I nearly died each time.

That reminds me. We're all level 1 and we've been set against Mr.Popo's cousin and various demons. It felt like we were on the normal level 1 path before we suddenly went into the end game zone.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Tass, RJ already told you NOT to save up heroism. Kill ASAP.