What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [Bad Kitty Games] Harem Collector

Richterfaust

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Harem Collector

I've seen others talking about a necromancer, but I have yet to find her. I assume she is part of the zombies running around town quest, but my game always messes up here. I get a red haze but no zombies show up. I walk around town and I notice that the black dress girl is missing from her house, but thats all.

Also, I've noticed references to a cat girl, but can't find her either. to get her do you have to follow the strange notes? Anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, there is an abandoned shack in the slums, and a pile of papers. "talking" to the papers gives you a piece of paper that says "LEAVE ME ALONE" and has a picture of a tree. I haven't quite figured that one out.

The code you get from Dungeon Assault, is it by any chance the hour minute second hands of the illusionist's clock?

Its a great game, can't wait for you to give out more updates.

Oh, one more thing, I seem to have run out of slave collars. I find it odd because on one play through, I got the farm girl, but in this play through, I couldn't get her. I don't have any more other characters, I just can't seem to get her.

superman12

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Game play wise it's pretty straight forward, and a funny game definitely. But it's too hard without a guide, took me more than enough time to find the broker and after finding out I need to find some loan sharks with no guide, I just quit. The time I need to put in isn't worth it. So if you can just post a guide it'd be more fun, but otherwise this is way too time consuming for it's output.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I've seen others talking about a necromancer, but I have yet to find her. I assume she is part of the zombies running around town quest, but my game always messes up here. I get a red haze but no zombies show up. I walk around town and I notice that the black dress girl is missing from her house, but thats all.
I haven't run into that bug, but yeah, the necromancer girl joins your party after dealing with the source of the zombies. It's actually a surprisingly long quest.

Also, I've noticed references to a cat girl, but can't find her either. to get her do you have to follow the strange notes? Anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, there is an abandoned shack in the slums, and a pile of papers. "talking" to the papers gives you a piece of paper that says "LEAVE ME ALONE" and has a picture of a tree. I haven't quite figured that one out.
The cat girl comes from an expensive joint venture with the slavers. Not as much sil as Chimei, but still a lot.

The code you get from Dungeon Assault, is it by any chance the hour minute second hands of the illusionist's clock?
Nope. The illusionist's clock code is a reference to another video game, and you'll find a hint on another floor on the dungeon. I didn't figure it out until my third playthrough.

Oh, one more thing, I seem to have run out of slave collars. I find it odd because on one play through, I got the farm girl, but in this play through, I couldn't get her. I don't have any more other characters, I just can't seem to get her.
You need to do a quest for more collars after you run out. I think one of the slavers gives it.

Game play wise it's pretty straight forward, and a funny game definitely. But it's too hard without a guide, took me more than enough time to find the broker and after finding out I need to find some loan sharks with no guide, I just quit. The time I need to put in isn't worth it. So if you can just post a guide it'd be more fun, but otherwise this is way too time consuming for it's output.
The backer packet includes a guide, though it's generally one update behind. Also, if you talk to the broker twice, he gives you a hint. The main character gives another hint when you enter the area he's told to search.

OP
N

NoMoshing

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, and thank you for designing like that. Making decisions is way more interesting when you aren't being influenced by your paragon/renegade meter.
It's one the reasons why I liked Dragon Age: Origins.

After reading Yahtzee's latest Extra Punctuation. I'm giving a lot of thought to the idea of choosing a characterization rather than employing character expression through choices. Leaving the stuff that affects gameplay up to the player, of course.

"I beat Dungeon Assault, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"? I'd buy one. :) I liked how you put in that bonus unlock code for winning DA, BTW.
Duly noted. Contrary to a lot of people's opinions I actually think cross-promotion is a really clever idea. But then again, my first contact wit the contact was really positive- I really enjoyed Kingdoms of Amalur and wouldn't have even bothered were it not for the cross-promotion with ME2.

Question: HC's world is vaguely D&D, right? Can I assume there will be a genie at some point? If there is, I hope you check this out before you start writing dialogue.
That was AWESOME. I wasn't before, but I might now. Mmm, sexy genies....

Its a great game, can't wait for you to give out more updates.
Thank you for your support. In general, if you're having trouble with any aspect of the game, explore moar. Or start a new save and crack open the dev tool box outside the sewers- that's explicitly meant to be used by people who just want to see all the content rather than play the game normally.

The time I need to put in isn't worth it. So if you can just post a guide it'd be more fun, but otherwise this is way too time consuming for it's output.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but the gameplay assumes that you're going to explore a lot. If a more linear game experience is more your style, I highly recommend Cypress_Z's Overwhored. On the subject of guides, though, as mentioned there is a guide offered to donors, and I have been approached by someone who wants permission to administrate a wiki, which would probably be more useful than a proper guide considering the nature of the game.

I haven't run into that bug, but yeah, the necromancer girl joins your party after dealing with the source of the zombies. It's actually a surprisingly long quest.
Single longest in the game right now. I'm really proud of that one.

Nope. The illusionist's clock code is a reference to another video game, and you'll find a hint on another floor on the dungeon. I didn't figure it out until my third playthrough.
The fact that so many people agonize over the clocks makes me giggle with sadistic glee.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Wayforward launched a kickstarter for not too long ago, you know. :) If Kellos is east of the Middle Kingdom, you could probably get away with Arabian Nights stuff pretty easily in game number 2.

I'm curious, where did you get the idea for the Forgotten Tomb? I've seen that kind of puzzle before, sure, but the way it mechanically encourages you not to get too annoyed by setbacks is pretty cool.

I cracked up when I figured out Elven High Speech. Nice one.

I was a little disappointed when I re-read the section in the guide about reward codes and bonus names and tried 45!MngW just in case.

The easter egg scene you get if you talk to Shally with Therese in your party during the intro got me thinking. Was the attack on your manor actually an attempt by Therese to lock up the hero in her molestation dungeon? We know she's attracted to him, but she doesn't want to confront the feelings directly. If she hears suggestive rumors, part of her might see that as a chance to dominate the guy in a context the other paladins would let her get away with. Just like when some others of the invaders go after Doll, maybe?

Last edited:

fivesteaks

Reputation score

There's a lot of information about this game spread out over various threads on various forums. I've created a Wikia to try to organize the info in one place. I started on a walkthrough and quest listing, but also need things like character profiles, gifts, maps, etc. If anyone is interested in contributing, feel free to pitch in.

harem-collector.wikia.com

OP
N

NoMoshing

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If Kellos is east of the Middle Kingdom, you could probably get away with Arabian Nights stuff pretty easily in game number 2.
I think Kellos is going to be a bastard mix of a lot of cultural influences. Primarily it' supposed to fit the "evil empire" trope, which in turn was influenced by China, the middle east, etc, because racism.

I'm curious, where did you get the idea for the Forgotten Tomb? I've seen that kind of puzzle before, sure, but the way it mechanically encourages you not to get too annoyed by setbacks is pretty cool.
Mostly it came from the idea that I wanted to do a Knights and Knaves puzzle where
everyone lies to you and you have to backwards-engineer the truth from the most consistent liar.
But I also wanted to leave the player small presents if you got things wrong as an anti-frustration feature. I'm not 100% on the math in light of newer content, but I think the Grave Wights are the most efficient enemies in terms of XP gain.

The easter egg scene you get if you talk to Shally with Therese in your party during the intro got me thinking. Was the attack on your manor actually an attempt by Therese to lock up the hero in her molestation dungeon?
I actually just yesterday night sat down and wrote Therese's chat dialogue, which includes (at Dislike level) the hero asking Therese about the manor raid. That's a good guess though.

OP
N

NoMoshing

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

September 2013 version is live!

4Shared Link: 4shared.com/file/_NJi7qBu/HaremCollector_September2013_p.html
MEGA Link: mega.co.nz/#!nZ5BBQRC
MEGA Encryption Key: Eci8wyKuyDTUPnbfZizy-XOvobZaje4Ov1r3UCTtKnc

A list of changes is available on the devblag.

Tonc

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've run into a bug. During the manor invasion when I go into the Slave Quarters or whatever you want to call it, the gunslinger chick (I forget her name) has her dialog but I don't have her yet and after the fight I can't move or do anything but the black smith is still walking around. I reloaded my save multiple times and it happens every time.

OP
N

NoMoshing

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've run into a bug. During the manor invasion when I go into the Slave Quarters or whatever you want to call it, the gunslinger chick (I forget her name) has her dialog but I don't have her yet and after the fight I can't move or do anything but the black smith is still walking around. I reloaded my save multiple times and it happens every time.
That's.. bizarre. Did you restart entirely or reload an old game?

Tonc

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That's.. bizarre. Did you restart entirely or reload an old game?
It was a completely new save with the new update.

EDIT: I started over again and got Elaiya before the manor invasion and I didn't have any problems.

Last edited:
OP
N

NoMoshing

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It was a completely new save with the new update.

EDIT: I started over again and got Elaiya before the manor invasion and I didn't have any problems.
I'll look into that one. I don't see anything in the code that would cause that kind of problem, so that means testing. Thank you for your patience.

sarcon89

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

had same issue so had to restart. obtaining her before the invasion fixed things as well.

runeflare

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

had same issue so had to restart. obtaining her before the invasion fixed things as well.
I had to restart too. I accidentally found out that you can recruit way more then seven girls before the manor invasion quest starts. I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug. I tried to add this video to the wiki but I couldn't get it to work. I updated the quest walk-through part itself on the page.

The people I was able to collect before I started the quest:
Meline, Alina, Florine, Violet, Lilac, Doll, Elaiya, Penelope, Yamamaya, Chimei, Shop girl (not shown in quest), Randi (not shown in quest), Larelle, Felix, and Amazing Old Man

Attachments

Sayonara7

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hopefully you can implement a program like a cg mode where you can see all of the sex scenes again at any time. not sure if it's on the new update as i haven't started that one yet.

OP
N

NoMoshing

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hopefully you can implement a program like a cg mode where you can see all of the sex scenes again at any time. not sure if it's on the new update as i haven't started that one yet.
I just received a script donated by awesome internet dude JBurton to do exactly this. I have a couple other goals I want to have done for the October release so it might not make it in right away, but November at the latest.

qinlongfei

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For my turnip farm obsesstion... I guess I'm just more used to having a protagonist with a more clearly defined personality instead of completely random personality since it's easier to get immersed into the story that way. Bring Rance up, the only game I played in the series is Hentai King Rance (A spin off strategy game in Rance series) and in that game he pretty much remains a consistant pervert douchbag even though player can choose to make him a normal douchbag or a huge douchbag. But I guess it's not the style you are going with so I could look at the story with a different mind set from now on.

Honestly I don't even know why the turnip farm scene rub me the wrong way in perticular more then the hurricane scene in Man of Steel. The hurricane scene, I know why I hate because it got Supes' personality completely wrong (at least the supes I grow up with), the turnip farm scene, I just don't know.

As for design space... I would argue what works well on paper doesn't always work well in practice, and the current location map is about half empty space (most RPGmaker games I played before with similar design simply doesn't work well, you might be the first one to get it to work though). But then again you are taking your free time to develop a free game so I don't really have anything to complain about.

I might not be clear enough for the moral choice suggestion in my previous post, but I didn't mean have a defined paragon/renegate route which gets player fixed in one route, I just mean add more option to finish some of the missions which I guess you already implemented (In the last post I kind of made the example of when player choose the extreme polar opposite, of course it could be anywhere in between). I may just not play enough of the demo to see them all.

Last edited:

Gryphose

Lurker
Reputation score

For my turnip farm obsesstion... I guess I'm just more used to having a protagonist with a more clearly defined personality instead of completely random personality since it's easier to get immersed into the story that way. I could look at the story with a different mind set from now on.

Honestly I don't even know why the turnip farm scene rub me the wrong way in perticular more then the hurricane scene in Man of Steel. The hurricane scene, I know why I hate because it got Supes' personality completely wrong (at least the supes I grow up with), the turnip farm scene, I just don't know.

As for design space... I would argue what works well on paper doesn't always work well in practice, and the current location map is about half empty space (most RPGmaker games I played before with similar design simply doesn't work well, you might be the first one to get it to work though). But then again you are taking your free time to develop a free game so I don't really have anything to complain about.
In regards to the turnip farm, talking to the owner and seeing the response to what he has for sale (a VERY direct, and vulgar, declaration that the hero hates turnips.) and, after 'investing' in it, during the subsequent burning the hero also mentions that he hopes the guy didn't spend all that cash he gave him.

In short: there's nothing random there. He hates turnips. Hates em enough to give a guy some money to live on before he totally wrecks his livelihood. Personally I found the scene funny as heck. Well, different people, different reactions I guess.

@NoMoshing: In regards to the empty space, perhaps (assuming it's not too difficult) you could alter some of the tiles to look different, basically create a clear line that pretty much indicates "nothing beyond here yet" (doesn't have to actually prevent the player from passing, just a visual). Something simple that could easily be changed back when you 'do' put something in those areas. Again, just a suggestion is all.

Nekohunter

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

After playing awhile, I got to say i am enjoying it. Currently jsut reach the point where being raid by the army. Was surprise of the sudden event. Nice touch.

Just wondering if there's a ending for it with the latest patch. Well great work. Hope to see it to be expended even more. ; > After all 151 number is ALOT!

Think the quest side could be enhance via putting it into the menu instead. Since every single time i wanted to check those quest i got to go back to the main house >_< Its troublesome at times.

Last edited:
OP
N

NoMoshing

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, there's your problem- you like Superman. Clearly, that means you're a terrible judge of character and story. [/trolling]

On a more serious note, I understand what you're saying, and perhaps the Hero's dislike of turnips can be more clear from the start.

@NoMoshing: In regards to the empty space, perhaps (assuming it's not too difficult) you could alter some of the tiles to look different, basically create a clear line that pretty much indicates "nothing beyond here yet" (doesn't have to actually prevent the player from passing, just a visual). Something simple that could easily be changed back when you 'do' put something in those areas. Again, just a suggestion is all.
I've been busy planning the next few month's worth of work on the game, and what may end up occurring is that I might skip a December or January release due to the holidays but use that time to redesign the maps for the following release, since it's been such a recurring complaint. Not 100% certain though.

Just wondering if there's a ending for it with the latest patch. Well great work. Hope to see it to be expended even more. ; > After all 151 number is ALOT!
The original plan of the game has actually been broken down into five smaller games, so you're only going to get 30 (or so) harem girls in this version. And there is no ending yet, but there will be in time.

Think the quest side could be enhance via putting it into the menu instead. Since every single time i wanted to check those quest i got to go back to the main house >_< Its troublesome at times.
This is another thing I'm looking into. Right now my biggest concern is content- I have thirteen more Love quests to design and program, after all.