What's new

[WIP - Partial] [Baroqupid] Vibration! Bugfixing in progress...

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Original Thread

So basically, I started this one because I had no idea about anything going on. Then someone expressed an interest, so I'm knuckling down through my tiredness. I think I'm nearly done so I was wondering if anybody reading this is in any way able to/willing to edit some pictures with loads of japanese text to turn them into english.

If you think you can/have the time, let me know. Please, admins. Please allow 7zip archives to be uploaded here. Have to provide offsite links for now. Slapping them as code (security reasons). There's three of them.
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4haF7O6lHN_Mkd5bWJKVXhRVTQ/view?usp=sharing (4.80MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4haF7O6lHN_V3dJbldHYkhUbXc/view?usp=sharing (1.14MB)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4haF7O6lHN_cGRBbEIzLVowaWc/view?usp=sharing (3.64MB)
It's not important, but I've already come across some of these pictures popping up during gameplay. I can't give an ETA because:
A: I'm currently wiped
B: Battle dialogue wears me down
But it shouldn't take too long, anyhow.

O/T: Hmmm... GoogleDrive's links are giving me ideas on things...

Link Removed, has bugs. Working on V1.1 as of now

Requires RPGMakerTrans
Caveat:
The error log will spew forth the following errors:
Error parsing Script アイテムセグメント: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\t'.., index=122594, ruleStack=['Base', 'Bracket', 'Bracket', 'Square', 'Bracket', 'Square', 'Bracket']) # 3238:122514; leaving untranslated
Error parsing Script 装備強化システム: String out of bounds: RubyParserState(string=..'\t'.., index=47192, ruleStack=['Base', 'Bracket', 'Bracket', 'Square', 'Bracket', 'Square', 'Bracket']) # 1241:47112; leaving untranslated
However, these are nothing to really worry about.

Last edited:

rtkamb

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: [Baroqupid] Vibration!

Regrettably I can't do any art work, but thanks for trying to stick with it.

stone147

Demon Girl
Reputation score

i am hyped for this :)

thx for ur work

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nearly done. Finished about 70% of the Skills and just also made a start on the States. Skills might take a couple more days*, but States is a breeze.**

* I might find more battle dialogue (most of it is Cheese-powered)
** It's usually a one-size-fits-all affair (Common status effects like poison/confusion) but once in a while.... Yeah.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Niice, Baroqupid me likey!
Keep up the good work, and thanks for your efforts! (o-o)b

Which version of the game will serve as the basis to the partial? Also, any luck with the pictures?

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm using 1.131 to build the patch on. If I could have gotten my grubby mitts on a later version, I'd be using that instead. Technically speaking, even a later version should be able to use it as I think it was just a minor bugfix after this one. I could be mistaken, though.
As for the pictures... No. They're not vital, but I just wondered if someone could be bothered enough to edit them. I'd do it but I'm so bad at
A) Understanding enough Japanese
B) Editing images in general

The character info images are done in this way and the DP battle options as well... But you can sort of follow the images that are present in the game itself to figure those out. It was mainly the character info images I wanted done *sigh* Oh well.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, I definitely don't have time to pitch in on this, but for a quick go I tried feeding some of the images through the Google Translate android app (which can do OCR). It was surprisingly good, all things considered. May be worth trying.

OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@ habisain
Ooh, I didn't know it could do that ^^ I'll definitely try it out. Thanks :)

I've got a release to announce.
Patch V1 is released, check opening post.
Though I'm labelling this complete, I'll be trying to feed those images through GTrans Android App.

akain

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The menu isn't fully translated for some reason. Saya's name, other status things below it on the base menu page, [category] day of the week, some locations. Nothing in the book of reinforcement. nothing in settings menu. A number of item descriptions, so far i've seen print pants and generic (medium) uniform parts untranslated. Also the entire insert menu post-tool-selection. First weapon translated as bamboo sword on pickup and shinai in menu. And some rune (talisman/charm?) equipment is on upper body slot somehow?

Sorry for the stream of consciousness post, but yeah.

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No need to apologise, I appreciate the feedback.
I translated all I could find in the typical partial files, but now I must delve deeper. If it turns out the the Common Events have to be done (*gack*) it'll take a long time. Well, *complete* is being replaced with WIP again.

But as for the Equipment, it's laid out left to right, top to bottom.
Loading a save that I "imported" from the unpatched version shows it properly. No runes or amulets in the upper slot.

For left to right, top to bottom:
Head - Upper - Lower - Undies - Neck - Ring - Amulet - Rune
So... Yeah, I'm not seeing any runes/amulets in the upper body section.

I noticed that a lot of what I actually DID translate didn't take for whatever reason. I'll go back over it and fix things up... Like the Shinai issue. And if I can find them, the untranslated items.
The name issue is bloody weird. I KNOW I translated the Actors sheet.

I noticed something odd while doing this, though... The dialogue had unfamiliar notation, as well.
I'll look into this and fix up anything that's actually a problem.
Thanks, though.

EDIT: I don't know why translating Saya's name didn't stick. It's even in the Actors sheet. I think I can work out a "quick and dirty" fix for that by directly modifying the Actors data sheet. But then, there's the rest of the UI items as well.

EDIT II: I can fix up the armours. It'll take a couple of days, though. It's not the kind of file I can blitz. (Current: ~37%)

EDIT III: Clarity request. Just what IS a size 130?

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Baroqupid] Vibration! Bugfixing in progress...

On the Googley-OCR, it turns out there's a better way which nets just the OCR'd text rather than translated, and can be done without Android phones; simply upload the image to Google Drive, then Right-click->Open with Google Docs and it should OCR the image. Results are not great, although the resolution of these images is really too low and the background in some of the images does impact it. A quick attempt at cleaning the image made things much worse (first go made loads of it turn into wingdings when OCRd, second go meant it didn't even recognise the text), which kind of indicates I don't know much about these algorithms.

However, one thing that does improve matters somewhat is resizing the image. When I upscaled one of the character bio images (using GIMP, Lancoz3 interpolation, resize from 640x480 to 2000x1500), the resulting text was pretty good. It still has quite a number of errors, but overall it's not terrible, and it's something I'd be prepared to start from (manually correcting errors as need be).

I might have another go at cleaning the images; the background is constant between the bio pics, so if I get a chance I might be able to do a hacky programmatic clean that just removes the backgrounds, which would probably get the accuracy up a little bit more.

akain

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

No need to apologise, I appreciate the feedback.
I translated all I could find in the typical partial files, but now I must delve deeper. If it turns out the the Common Events have to be done (*gack*) it'll take a long time. Well, *complete* is being replaced with WIP again.

But as for the Equipment, it's laid out left to right, top to bottom.
Loading a save that I "imported" from the unpatched version shows it properly. No runes or amulets in the upper slot.

For left to right, top to bottom:
Head - Upper - Lower - Undies - Neck - Ring - Amulet - Rune
So... Yeah, I'm not seeing any runes/amulets in the upper body section.

I noticed that a lot of what I actually DID translate didn't take for whatever reason. I'll go back over it and fix things up... Like the Shinai issue. And if I can find them, the untranslated items.
The name issue is bloody weird. I KNOW I translated the Actors sheet.

I noticed something odd while doing this, though... The dialogue had unfamiliar notation, as well.
I'll look into this and fix up anything that's actually a problem.
Thanks, though.

EDIT: I don't know why translating Saya's name didn't stick. It's even in the Actors sheet. I think I can work out a "quick and dirty" fix for that by directly modifying the Actors data sheet. But then, there's the rest of the UI items as well.

EDIT II: I can fix up the armours. It'll take a couple of days, though. It's not the kind of file I can blitz. (Current: ~37%)

EDIT III: Clarity request. Just what IS a size 130?
I stopped playing after exiting the school on a new game patched on a fresh install. 2-3 lines on the artist's boss battle untranslated before the h-prompt too, but partial so whatever. 5-spirit-blobs-enemy battle dialogue looks to be into romanji rather than english too. All amulets/runes seem to be untranslated too on top of being in the wrong equip slot.

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@ akain:

Shinai issue fixed, in-game text now refers to it as a Shinai and not a Wooden Sword, even though a Shinai is the wooden sword used in Kendo.
See screenshot as to why I see nothing in the wrong slot. I did nothing to the game's internal code other than change names as regards this one screen.
Also, I haven;t posted up a fixed version because it's not ready yet, so you don't need to keep telling me things are still in Japanese.
I'll first fix up the armour sheet and then sort out the consistency. Then I'll reupload this patch.

And lastly:
I'M WORKING TO FIX MY MISTAKES SO STOP REPEATING YOURSELF

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
squark

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay gang... here's the latest...

Test Build Results
Book of Reinforcement: mostly done
Settings: little done, I think I can do this
UI: Attack Type and name still not found in files
Armors done
Inconsistencies sorted

In short, I can wrap up the BoR and Settings when I find the rest of their files (dreading them being in the CommenEvents, it seems very likely now).
I'm attaching a Screenshots of how things look now.

As you can see from the screens, I've been pulling out the stops and Delving deep into the nightmarish pool of events... I'll look for tags I recognise.

EDIT: Saya's attack type I think comes out as Slash... Translations are a little iffy in places, but I noticed Strike and Stab/Pierce characters, so I thought... Swords... Yeah. Usually slash with those...
I left the Shinai as a Strike weapon because it is. You can't really slash with a wooden sword.

Attachments

Last edited: