What's new

Bed time stories??

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Bed time stories??

The one thing that bothers me is how so many of her endings are incredibly similar. It's always 'The poor rape victim wakes up, and is told everything is fine, great, perfect. The rape victim goes 'yippee' and proceeds to smex the nearest living being. The End'

It was amusing the first time, but I've seen it four or five times now, and I pick and choose her stories, I don't even read them all :/
Well... I'd rather read that ending than something that goes like this:
The general looked in through the window. "You're sure. There's NOTHING you can do."

The doctor beside him replied, "I- we've tried everything. However the Type Four did it, we can't reverse it. We just can't get through to her at all. What's down there is... well... just an organic pleasure broadcaster now."

He sighed, bowing his head and leaning against the glass. "That is... was... my daughter. S-she figured out how to stop the Gamenians right as they... did... THIS... to her. There's GOT to be SOMEthing."

The doctor looked away, hands clenched in his pockets. "There's nothing. Half of our people can't even get close to her and still do their jobs. I'm sorry, sir. You'll have to decide whether to keep her alive, on the off-chance there's a breakthrough in mental programming, or... put her to sleep."​
I do agree that the endings are sometimes overly optimistic, and some of her stories have great gaping logic holes in them ("Red": okay, so she doesn't have a satellite phone to call her grandma with, or coworkers who might appreciate tillerberries themselves?). But she's a good enough writer that I can live with that.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I said I'm still reading them too, so they're obviously still worthwhile, even if I'm complaining about some of the endings, I just think it's silly that every single rape victim seems to want nothing but sex when they wake up, makes me do a mental double-take every time. Go ahead and have the happy ending, I prefer it that way as well, it's just the second half that gets me :)

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

And a bump three months later to say... new story is up.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yaaaay!!

New story.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Yep, though I have the feeling our beloved Gwillion had watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine some time during her writing of this. Can anyone else spot what I'm talking about?