What's new

(Bodyswap) Rpgmaker project.

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Swapped(Development name that will probably be changed)

Is a Bodyswap adventure game combining puzzle elements and a non defult combat system featuring aggro mechanics(tanking multiple targets) & lockdown(Maximum limit you can be engaged with before being overwhelmed(sex ensues).

In approximately the first 30-60 minutes of the game a body swap occurs between the 2 main characters a Male(Spirit Mage) & Female (Berzerker) You play as both characters sometimes from different perspectives and not always together.

This is a hobby project of mind currently it stands at 4 zones average 30 minutes to 1 hour long each. (now +1 zone) Will release this project when I have some cash overflow from my other titles to produce music and artwork for this title. I want this to have a lot of content from the get go instead of a shorter title.

A fair bit of custom script work has gone into the project & Pixel artist friend has given me access to one of their nature packs. I've also used some of celiannas Tree's. I've used the method of creating levels in Photoshop instead of Rpgmaker itself to make the environments more interesting. Along as using layers as a way of phasing content.

The game features various main quests,side quests & later on I'l open up the direction of the game somewhat to Lengthy Quest experiences/Adventures.

Sexual Themes
Impregnation/Rapid Pregenancy(Monster/Demon Birthing)(Training the demons born)
Sprite Sex/Combat Sex.
Bodyswapped Male & Female character
Pain = Lust
Demonic Corruption.

The 4 current zones I'm finishing are
Temple Exterior(Shown in Images below),Temple Interior(First boss fight & where Swap occurs), Road back home + zeppelin,Clan base.

Custom Made Project Sprites
Spirit mage

Berzerker

I'm also going to make custom avatar icons at a later date as I can do bust up images reasonably well in a nice anime style. Though I won't be able to do Cg work(probably) You can see my slackie art thread here.
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=27715

I'l overhual some of these images below as I finish up the various zones in the game.

Yes I have drawn grassy covered statues of breasted statues.

I've been a level designer for a long time working on various mod projects,custom maps in various games to even for 2 triple a companies. I've done full 3d Level Design/Scenario Design/Filler questing etc/Gameplay Mechanics. A while ago I got to play Aylia Story when trying out RPGmaker projects here on ULMF I was impressed by the visual design aspect and of course the comedic aspect :) . It is one of the few projects around on this forum to use more then the default editor tools. I inquired with YummyTiger how they went about doing it and after some kind help & recommendation I started on this project. Whilst its true that adding visual content like this is rather time consuming I enjoy bringing the world to life in a noticeable way. I hope people will get a sense of wonder/exploration whilst also enjoying the Lewd Aspects of this game.

There should be on average 3-4 hours of gameplay or more when I put out the first demo there are a lot of side quests to the game that add to the story but are not exactly necessary to progression. The game is also rather dialog heavy but we use dialog tree's with a mass effect style conversation system where you can engage in various topics or forms of response. Along with morally aligned reactions. I've also added what I call Phasing to the game where some area's will drastically change in visual appearance upon initiation or completion of a quest. The Clan base of the game is a hub that you'l return to ocansionally inbetween Quests.

The Clan(Your clan)

In the game the clan is your family in a sense. They are a relatively strong power within the game world but are independent of any country. The power of the clan is a form of atunement to past Ancestors & Future Family Members. Most members can visibly see ghosts but only the spirit mages can really interact with them. The Spirits that can accompany you offer insight during battle and can lend their power but the more power you tap into the more they int-mingle with your soul in a form of corruption for power system. Using to much of the power will temporary change your physical appearance to that of a white demon. Various stories are known of the clan and many people hire them to deal with problems or for them to act as bodyguards they are well respected. But people do also know that they can abuse their power on occasion people are wary of the demonic forms that can take though some have a greater interest in it. Many nations would be interested in the power of the clan but the clan mostly chooses to remain neutral however they give a degree of freedom to their members.

Certain Conditions of the swap
When the male character Spirit mage enters the Female Berzerkers body they retain their spirit companion and understanding of magic however her body isn't well magically attuned (yet) the physical build allows you to potentially fight as a berzerker however you have no real knowledge of fighting in this way so their is an adaption time/along with training that needs to be done. To compensate for your lack of ability to properly fight early on you can tap more into your spirit power but corrupt yourself more in the process. You'l soon learn that a certain amount of lust is derived from pain/peak of battle adrenaline. Emotions are also good for magic once you re figure that out.

When the Female character enters the Male Spirit mage body she retains the knowledge of a skilled fighter but gains a body that is less physically fit to deal with it. However the body is very magically attuned though you have no experience with magic you can be taught how to use it. Occasionally as points of peak emotion magic is accidentally used as most mages learn to control their power by this stage you need help dealing with the excess power. Eventually you can become a combination of different mage like classes or combo classes like warrior mage. Potentially you can also learn Illusion Magic to partially gain back a female form.

It won't always just be the two characters as their is a 3rd accompanying character during the initial 3 zones. Later on on you'l be able to have more.

(Edit) Summer 2017:
I've moved the project to MV my original programming partner left so I've been self learning how to do it I'm abit more dedicated to doing stuff now but at the same time I'm learning to do a thing I've not done before so I'l work on similar projects but maybe with a lighter scope.

Last edited:

VSPAR

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: (Bodyswap) Rpgmaker project.

Pretty cool ideas all around, and great maps so far. Looking forward to seeing more.
And let me know if you want some fan art, I'd be interested in doing some for you (free of charge) if you have a good character concept so far for either of them.
-VSPAR

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Thanks for the comments haven't done any full body's of the characters yet. Busy finishing up the maps but I'l probably look at the designs soon if I can manage.

zombieparrot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Always good to see more rpgmaker games in english.
Looking forward to your game.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

& its not the only one at that I also have a Isometric Rpgmaker project aswell. I just find constructing the worlds stories pretty satisfying. Reminds me of my school years where all I did was make WC3 custom maps all day. I'd love to go back to that lifestyle but unfortunately I don't have the most stable of job positions. I'l keep trucking away at this until I have a demo I'm happy to present.

zombieparrot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How long until you might have a demo ready?

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I said 1-3 months ish when I posted, Currently I think I'l have something at the end of this month otherwise it might be mid march. I have a little more time on my hand cause someone I was marketing for in the adult game scene ended their contract with me so whilst I'm looking for new work I have more time to work on my own projects. Basicly I've got to put in another 30-40 hours on map design & spent some additional time writing. I might also need to tune up pathing and layer clipping at some point(transparency when you sit behind things). I'l post some new screenshots of the other zone areas when I'm happy and when the combat system is more tuned I'l look at showing that off to.

zombieparrot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Keep at it :) I'm going to release my demo today, hopefully.

iccreations

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sounds pretty interesting. I'll keep my eye out for when you release something.

GJbindels

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Like the idea.
a body swap between a fem and a male.
sounds like there are a lot of posibilies with this game.
wish you good luck with it.

PlatinumTH

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Cool maps, and the ideea of body-swapping seems interesting. Would be cool to add body swaps between races not just genders.

OP
Ironstrom

Ironstrom

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm still working on this project on my own as this long term ambitious project. But I'm directing genderbender type Visual Novels & Games with my own Studio TsukiWare now. Once I have some cash overflow I'l get one of my artists to produce some animated assets for this project.