SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Calgary Sanctuary, Canada

Helen raised her eye at Michael.

"Something amusing Mr. Umbral?"

((Oh I have some evil ideas lol))

It didn't take long to make the two serums, and soon Sarah was on her way back. Her route back happened to take her past Sally's tank, and as she started to walk by, something caught her attention.

Sally seemed to be frozen in place, as if intently watching something, virtually unmoving near the glass partition of her tank. Yet, as far as Sarah could see, there was nothing that should have had her attention, nothing she could see. Unless ... was there something telepathic going on?

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Michael shook his head. "Not exactly... Although don't be too surprised if there's a message from Declan before too long."

It'd be very clear that something was up... And just as clear that Michael wasn't wanting to explain, just yet.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Having gently stored those syringes into her container- They didn't seem to have the same vibrant glow as her revivications or the same hues of her other transformatives, so she'd be able to tell it apart- Sarah worked on making her way back, though she pauses as she notices Sally's predicament. A frown of concern goes over her face, having at least been on friendly terms with the merfolk (and as far as previous incarnations of this had been knew she had gone through terrible disasters as well, but that may not be applicable here) and thus she paused to assist her too, slowly moving towards the tank in a non-threatening way. Remembering not to rap on the glass, she peers in, hoping her halted presence would help catch her attention for now- if not, she'd let out a low whistle, enough sound that should reverberate into the water for her to recognize?

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The look Helen gave him was one of both amusement, and perhaps just a hint of disappointment, it was hard to say.

"She's still alive, isn't she. And you sent her to England. And this amuses you. I don't know who's worse, you, Nikola before his death, or John."

As she spoke though, a hint of an amused smile crossed her features. It seemed she wasn't entirely upset, and perhaps had a sense of humor akin to his own.

((Only her own issues personally from the past carried over, not the Bermuda thing. That's setting up shortly actually.))

There was no reaction whatsoever to her continued presence, it was as if Sally was just ... spaced out.

The whistle though seemed to snap her out of it, and she gazed at Sarah for a long moment. While it was sometimes difficult to read the emotions on her face, Sarah had the distinct impression something had shaken the mermaid up badly, she had an almost haunted look on her face. It was confirmed a moment later as a telepathic message filled her mind.

"Something is very wrong. Something's happening in Bermuda."

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Michael let out a single laugh at Helen's comment, then fell silent again.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Sarah's face falls quickly as Sally speaks to her, the young scientist leaning just close enough to help her speech reach the merfolk. If needbe she'd be more than happy to jump in, but Sally was at least coherent enough to speak to her, so that was a good sign. "Something's wrong? C'mon lass, anything I can do? Bug Chris for ya? Try and track down Magnus?!?"

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Magnus only shook her head, the look on her face suggesting at least for the moment, she wasn't going to ruin Michael's little surprise.

Soon enough they'd reached Henry's tech office, the latter taking one look at Michael and tilting his head slightly, as if he recognized him. For the moment, he said nothing other than a greeting, introduction, and what he could do for them.

Sally was silent for a moment before responding.

"If anyone is free to check on the others there that would be nice. They initiated contact half an hour ago but ... it was strange, distorted images rather than our usual smooth communications. Flashes of emotion not normally seen in us. Something's very wrong out there Sarah, and now ... I've lost contact with them. I can't re-establish my link."

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Sarah nods quickly, speaking calmly to the mermaid even if her own emotions were starting to grow to full-blown concern. "Don't worry, I'll track someone down and we'll get right on that!" And with that, Sarah was off like a shot, looking for someone higher-up in the Sanctuary status quo to tell of this development.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rather than respond to the look at the moment, Michael held up the cases he was carrying so Henry could see them. "Brought some... liberated Cabal drives to look at for information."

If asked, he seemed rather open about how he got a hold of them. "Stole them from various facilities while the 'staff' of them were distracted after... accidental discovery by Sanctuary teams."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Henry shook his head slightly in amusement, beginning to get to work on a non networked computer system with the drives. As information began to scroll past, something that looked like a chemistry lesson blipped by, and Helen blinked.

"Henry, go back to that a moment."

He went back to the proper display, where Helen gazed at it for a moment. She sighed slightly, shaking her head.

"That's some form of viral makeup. I've never seen anything like it. This might be what we're looking for. Lazarus might be some sort of virus."

Meanwhile, Sarah didn't have to go very far before she ran into both Will Zimmerman, and the Big Guy.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Michael stopped suddenly. "You know... Something just clicked..."

After a deep breath, he continued. "I know from what I'd found that the Cabal is planning something big. Given what Chris' reaction to one of the files was, coupled with her," Here he gestured towards Winona, "...reaction, and now this... They're planning a virus bomb. That's the simplest scenario that fits all of the data."

He stared at the cases, obviously going over what all he'd read through of the files mentally. "The two questions remain... Where? And how soon?"

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

"Hey! Big Guy!" Sarah calls out, having rounded the corner to notice the yeti and his current companion. "We may have a situation here..." Once she's reached next to him, she starts spilling out the rest. "Sally's lost all contact with her kin in the Bermuda sector, and was getting some weird images back in response before she lost it fully. Something must have happened..."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helen nodded slowly.

"I agree. All of the signs are there, but my guess is this will be aerosol dispersed. Unfortunately, that means anywhere in the world could be a target. But my guess is you're right, in the next two days, probably sooner if they realize their information is missing."

Both Will and the Big Guy shared a concerned look while listening to Sarah. It was Will who spoke immediately following.

"That's a big hit if something has happened to them, that's close to half the known mer-folk left on the planet right there. I'll clear it with Magnus, but right now unless you want to join, the only people available to fly out there to get the Nautilus are Clara, Ashley, Miranda and myself. Druitt and Chris are taking care of some new contact of Kate's that got shot up by the Cabal, last I heard from there was she might not make it."

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

"...Well shit. Stuff's really falling to hell..." She sighs, shaking her head a little. Sadly, Miranda will have to wait for a little while. "I'll pitch in, sure. Shoulda studied enough merfolk anatomy to be useful," Sarah reasons.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Michael shrugged. "I'd personally figured on something like that. Just kind of used 'bomb' as a shorthand for a wide-area dispersal. As for figuring out that things are missing... I've been setting Cabal teams up for falls so I could raid supplies for the past decade, and I've been targeting materials related to Lazarus for the last four years. Pretty much ever since that run-in at Istanbul."

He shrugged again. "If they haven't figured out someone's been stealing from them by now, then they're far dumber than even I gave them credit for being..."

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Will nodded.

"Alright, you, Clara and I then. That's about all we can fit in the Nautilus comfortably, and Clara knows a bit more about the systems than I do, she's spent more time with Magnus in it. We'd better start getting ready. Big guy, would you find Clara and have her meet us by the side entry? I'm going to let Magnus know what's going on and then we'll have a bit of a long drive and flight."

Helen merely nodded, watching as Henry flipped through various schematics. After a period of time, they came to one that seemed to incorporate the device Chris had recognized earlier with something bigger, something that seemed to have it's own propulsion. Helen blinked again.

"Henry, is that what I think it is?"

Henry let loose a strangled sound with a shake of his head.

"Yeah. An ICBM. They could hit anywhere in the world with it. Or blow it up way up there and let it spread via the upper level winds. This is really bad Doc."

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Sarah nods. "I'll get my stuff together and meet ya there then," she speaks up, before quickly moving to gather her things. There was no time to waste before they fix this. Especially if Sally already seemed so traumatized.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Michael sighed, but then stopped suddenly. "Well, this may not be quite as bad as that, yet. The Cabal don't strike me as the kind that would go big like that without a tes..."

He suddenly trailed off. When they looked to see, Michael's face was scrunched slightly, and his head was cocked as if listening to, or for, something. After a moment of that, he shook his head as if to clear it... But the vaguely puzzled look remained.

OP
SiphonTalvesh

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helen tilted her head to one side for a long moment, regarding him.

"Something wrong?"

Will nodded to Sarah.

"Alright, I'll meet you at the truck in 5."

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

With her movements going quick, Sarah would quickly go to her bunk, grabbing firearms, sorting items, and quickly took the moment to trade out the medusa serums to her other serum case and jotted out a quick note if Miranda came looking for her, explaining that she may have something worth testing later, but she's going to be preoccupied. Don't want to mix them up in a crisis, she reasoned. With her guns gathered, she gabs her old trenchcoat, drapes it over her, and makes a beat for the truck.