What's new

RPG [CastleDev] Castle Rock

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I don't know what blog you guys are looking at but every update posted to the patreon is on the blog.
He also hasn't run a charge ever since I signed on for the $1 tier. There are actually more posts on the blog than on patreon, including questions answered.

August 7th. Last update on the blog. I won't deny it's slow going but at least do some research before shit-slinging.

Lazyrick

Reputation score
I don't know what blog you guys are looking at but every update posted to the patreon is on the blog.
He also hasn't run a charge ever since I signed on for the $1 tier. There are actually more posts on the blog than on patreon, including questions answered.

August 7th. Last update on the blog. I won't deny it's slow going but at least do some research before shit-slinging.
the blog they are likely talking about is the one from the first page of the thread. so they aren't entirely to blame for not knowing. I mean, its not weird to think that game might be dead if the link they find first tells them the last update was half a year ago.

p.s. thanks for the new link.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Yeah, he should stop being a scub using tumblr and make actual updates on the blogspot. I'm not going to his tumblr to see what OTHER people have to say about it, that's what ulmf is for!

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Nope not abandoned, nor dead.
Tumblr has been great for smaller progress post, but I've neglected the blogspot. (And forums in general. Not just here.) Latest post on Tumblr has been showing progress on the new inventory system. The Male player character option is in game and is going to have Slaver based perks where the female has Brood Mother ones. As far as new content go I have 10 new animations, 4 new enemies (one being recruitable, and the other a special boss kinda of thing.) Saving has been overhauled for individual full saves including partymembers. After wrapping the inventory system up I have some larger changes I plan to keep under-wraps until I start working on them.

The big picture is change to the gameplay loop to give some purpose. Right now it has no depth, at its core its a battle-fuck kind of game. Explore > Fight >See Lewds->Improve Char/Party, then repeat. There is some more planned interactivity /depth to party management that I'm looking forward to. That along with accompanying the personal incentive to explore with actual game play incentives to explore will make it much more rounded. Then finally dialog/ non combat interactions, but I think I'll separate that into another update because of how long it's been/ will be.

All that being said, I think a proper blogpost my be due.

Attachments

Cray Cray Toaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The game now has an unofficial discord server !
Come show some love for this game !
And I'm totally not holding you on gunpoint.

Server was made mainly to gather all fans of the game and people whom wondered what happened to updates and to hopefully get the attention of the creator himself !

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Uuh is this game even alive? The blog hasn't been updated since September last year, and the game hasn't been updated since December 2017.

randomguyspain

Reputation score
Is there a way to download a demo or something? He had recent updates in blogspot but the link to itch.io doesnt work

Nightverge

#1 Hero
Reputation score
CastleRockDev is , and reworking some of the elements into a smaller, easier to make game. Not sure if that means this thread needs to be listed as abandoned. Although there haven't been any updates to his blog since January 2, his shows activity as late as March 22 November 27 2021. You can see activity on the Trello page by clicking "show menu" near the top-right. The dev does have a history of disappearing for a long time, only to come back with a big update. I'm just gonna leave a marker in my h-folder to remind me to check every 6 months or so, and focus my attention on other games.

Last edited:

gminiske

Reputation score
Can someone please send another discord invite? Been wanting to play this game since quite a long time now as well