What's new

RPG [CastleDev] Castle Rock

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Castle Rock [2d adult rpg]

I dunno if it's intentional or not but... My party members do whatever they want and I find that totally unacceptable. If I can't have total control of party members why even bother having them?

MUSTYredneck01

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I can't get the game to run, even if I'm running as administrator. Anyone else run into this?

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes, what are your system specs and OS version?

neon007

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Really love the combat animations. I played this one a long long time ago and quite a bit has been added and improved since the initial concept version. Looking forward to the more final version

Cray Cray Toaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I dunno why, but the skin and hair of my character is always missing, both in the creation menu and in combat. In combat i'm just some floating clothes.
Btw, i'm using the latest version
Don't worry it's something to do with shaders and your computer(and mine and some other small amount of folks), and as he stated in the reply right before yours, soon it'll have a toggle mode.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

How do you... resize the game window... its so small. Its like I'm playing a game for ants. Like the games intended for a 800x640 screen or something

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

are animations planned for banditas/lacertas? right now all they do is sit there and defend most of the time
For the time being they are defensive mobs. Eventually straight mobs such as the banditas will have a chance of being non straight and will pursuit the female pc.

Right now the main thing I noticed is that when your character or one of your monsters has climaxed and "gets away", they don't really escape and can still act, but for instance their rape animation doesn't last.
The party members don't auto flee like the enemies despite sharing the same event text.

I dunno why, but the skin and hair of my character is always missing, both in the creation menu and in combat. In combat i'm just some floating clothes.
This is a result of your computer not being able to handle the shader.

I dunno if it's intentional or not but... My party members do whatever they want and I find that totally unacceptable. If I can't have total control of party members why even bother having them?
It is intentional, but is still being worked on. I had to remove some control of the party members from the player. This is in perpetration of other mechanics not yet introduced. First being perks like the Brood Mother player class being able to directly control Insects, or the Engineer player class directly controlling robots.

How do you... resize the game window... its so small. Its like I'm playing a game for ants. Like the games intended for a 800x640 screen or something
You can't. Yet. It's planned however I have a couple other things to work on still before hand.

Zombie09

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So are there only the 3 companion species currently?

MUSTYredneck01

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yes, what are your system specs and OS version?
Win 10 64 bit, nothing hardware-wise that wouldn't be able to run it.

I just updated to the latest version of Java to see if that'd change anything but it's had no effect.

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I don't think anyone has realized there is a patreon now

the work is pretty high quality so I think it's worth supporting if you like it

mellofellow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

After playing this I have a few ideas to throw around.

Reading the Devs replies he plans on using a class system. A class that might be fun is a dominatrix kinda character. They recruit bandits and the other humanoids by successfully r*ping them.

I would like to see some control over party members. It looks like he is addressing this with some of the classes so I'll look forward to testing this.

Question: Will it be possible to name your character in later versions? Or is it possible now but I'm missing it?

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So are there only the 3 companion species currently?
Yep the three at the moment are the Leyak, Drone, and Bloat Bug.

I just updated to the latest version of Java to see if that'd change anything but it's had no effect.
The next update will show some proper error codes on runtime failures. Usually there are some issues with older PCs not working with openGL, the shaders specifically. You could ensure your graphics drivers are up to date. I also had one individual who simply deleted it, and reinstalled downloaded it and it worked for them.

After playing this I have a few ideas to throw around.

Reading the Devs replies he plans on using a class system. A class that might be fun is a dominatrix kinda character. They recruit bandits and the other humanoids by successfully r*ping them.

I would like to see some control over party members. It looks like he is addressing this with some of the classes so I'll look forward to testing this.

Question: Will it be possible to name your character in later versions? Or is it possible now but I'm missing it?
There will be a Bandit/Slaver class which will be more on the dom side of things.
I've been keeping some of the class stuff underwraps as their scope is pretty large. The update after next (1.02) will focus a bit on the player, bringing in some actual "rpg" like naming, stats, and some perk sorts of things.

It was posted before, but you can check the trello to get an idea of what things are coming in what order.

trello.com/b/Mbsr0u3G/castlerock

Deekin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

If you want a larger game window just use Window Watcher. It works with damn near everything.

Cray Cray Toaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A new update has been made(a couple days ago...), it's nothing really major compared to the last one but, it does include a few things.

I'd sum it up on here but the post of the tumblr sums it up pretty great.

By the option menu WIP it's just sound/music up/down that's in there but, you do get to what other tabs there's going to be.

Also this version doesn't include the "cheats" where you'd press one of the placeholder button on the side to add an ally, at least I think it's not in, if it is in then it got moved elsewhere.

And here's the link to latest progress post.

Go nuts with all this sweet sweet info I bestowed upon thee child.

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A new update has been made(a couple days ago...), it's nothing really major ....
Yes there was an update, but not so much worth standing on it's own if you played the 1.00, I'd recommend waiting for the next update. Should have 2 new enemies, and seven more animations so far.

Also for you Toaster, some legacy support:: users can now toggle on/off the shader. Now it will still be black and white as those are the original assets. But you'll be able to see the player character and clothing and all that jazz. About to start working on some other visual options like screen sizing, and content filters.

The shader toggle in action:

EDIT:

The last update 1.10, should now return an error message for a crash on runtime. Right now it's kind of limited, but it's not something I can quite test out. Should let you know if it's driver related or an issue with openGL. (graphics stuff)

Last edited:

Cray Cray Toaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Also for you Toaster, some legacy support:: users can now toggle on/off the shader. Now it will still be black and white as those are the original assets. But you'll be able to see the player character and clothing and all that jazz. About to start working on some other visual options like screen sizing, and content filters.

The shader toggle in action:

EDIT:

Awww yiss finally I'll be able to play as something else than flying clothes, you're the best dev m8.

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Release Alpha 2:

Download:

Changelog:

Saving + New Game (+) Player Character

Legacy Support: Enabled Shader toggle on/off.
GUI Improvements to starting menu and combat buttons. “Select Target” has been removed and replaced with the 4 enemies.
New Enemy : Venus with 2 new animations. –Tentacle Plant Monster.
New Enemy : Ekdroma with 2 new lesbian animations. – A fit tribal warrior. (The 1st of 4 upcoming tribal enemies.

Misc New Animations: Komodo X Female, Infected X Female, and Gorgon X Female.
New mob Icons: Bandito, Bandita, Gorgon, Lamia, Komodo, and Lacerta all have individual icons visible before / after encounters.

Mod Support for Mob Icons : Mob Icons are kept external to allow for player manipulation.

Encounter Change: Encounters have been split into “Ambushes” and “Encounters”. Encounters are the same as before and quite avoidable. Ambushes differ in that they are harder to escape from, Enemy team is all of the same faction(no fighting amongst themselves) and they also attack first for their team.

Content Filters: Players are able to disable “Futa”-“Insect”-“Monster”-“Tentacle”-“Robot” as encounterable enemy types. When disabled mobs with those tags won’t end up in combat. The “Monster” tag does not include the humanoid monster girls and monster guys.

Misc: Links button added to main menu.
Misc: New naming convention for versions.

Cray Cray Toaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Haven't played much of the latest version just yet... honestly all I did was BEING ABLE TO SEE MYSELF HAHAHAAHHH.
I'm really glad you've added the cheddar shader toggle really makes everything a lot more enjoyable to anyone (including myself) who have toaster laptop/pc. Other than that well...
I'll try out more when I get the chance and notify if I run into anything that works in a way that it probably shouldn't.
Keep up the good work lad !!

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A bit quiet since last time but, here's the Alpha 3 Update:
Download:

And the ChangeLog Description

One of the main goals of Alpha 3 was to start implementing some of the "RPG" into this "Adult-RPG". Starting with stat selection into 5 core stats:
rawn - [A]llure - marts - [E]ndurance - [D]exterity. All other stats are derived from BASED, and the combat has received some balance overall. The party menu screens have seen some refine along with GUI improvements to the Combat Huds. Allotted space for resources have been added to the right panel.
Critical hits have been properly tuned to trigger on reaching "100", no longer waiting for the turn prior. A handful of minor actions like stripping now build additional crit. The system for lewd animations has been improved to allow a tiered system based on these critical values. Ultimately allowing climax animations to trigger properly.
Additional mod support has been included to allow loading custom icons, for the players character.
The player avatar system has seen some revising, primarily a separation between the body and clothing system, and actual body modification will be the focus of Alpha 4.

ChangeLog:
+BASED selection screen added to player create menu
+"Load" custom icon option added to Icon create menu.
+Hair color palletes selection has been increased to 32.
+Alternate faces available in avatar screen.
+Alternate body designs/tattoos available in avatar screen.
+General : New Enemy, Ekdromo, a mature tribal male, the other half to the already introduced Ekdroma.
+Control Hub: Resources GUI for biomass / scrap metal/ and power cells
+Control Hub: Map Size Increased
+Control Hub: Some mob spread control by n distance (not complete)
+Control Hub: New injured mob event. Human minded mobs can be intimated with a rawn check
+Control Hub: Able to escape ambushes upon [D]exterity check and enemy party size.
+Party Member Menu: Gui improvements.
+Party Member Menu: Able to repair armor away from home.
+Party Member Menu: Perk screen with unlocked perk list, and unlockable perks.
+Perks: Health Buff, Energy Buff, Blocking Buff, and Energy Regen Buff,
+Perks: Leadership perks have been added and need to be unlocked before aquiring party members.
+Combat: All Health/Energy/Crit meters have been increased in size for readability.
+Combat: New Enemy Combat Huds.
+Combat: Many Balance changes (WIP)
+Combat: Enemies realize when player is low on health / energy and attack styles change according. Will absolutely try to knock you down if your energy is low.
+Combat: Tiered animation loops. (Rudimentary system was already in place)
+Combat: Stripping and disrobing now build additional crit.
+Combat: disrobing now does minor health damage.
+Combat: Sprite direction facing has been fixed
+Lewd: 5 new female initiated oral animations with generic male (3), komodo(1), and gorgon (1).
+Lewd: 1 critical climax animation added to generic male initiated attacks.

Last edited:

NorzZ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

keep up the good work!