What's new

RPG [CastleDev] Castle Rock

Nightverge

#1 Hero
Reputation score
Re: Castle Rock [2d adult rpg]

I want to add one more thing:
-Please make it so that we do not need to choose target when there are only one enemy (left).
Seconded!

Also, not sure if it's been reported yet, but it's possible to walk through walls; you can clip into them by approaching a corner and walking into the intersection. Shitty ASCII example follows, ignore the periods because the forum won't let me use blank spaces:

. . |
. . |
---- <-Walk into wall here

I absolutely love how this game has been progressing, keep it up! :cool:

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

June 14th 2017, Change Log 0.0.0.100 Game Changes:
Player party sized increased to 4. New party system that allows addition and removal of party members. New maps and events

New Audio: Intro + theme. Gui Sounds.

New Cosmetics:
Bra: Wrap
Bottoms: Adventure Skirt, and Compression Shorts, latex bottoms
Footwear: Leather Adventure Boots
Tops: Adventure Tunic, Sleeveless Turtleneck, and Maid Top.
Hair: Wild Short Cut, and Mohawk

New Party Members:
Drone – Robot Buddy
Leyak – Flying Tentacle Monster

New Enemies:
Lacerta – Monster Girl, female variant of Komodo.
Gorgon – Monster Guy, male variant of Lamia.
Drone – Robit.
Rover – Robit.

GUI changes:
Started replacing menus with new GUI

Combat Changes: Return of basic flee mechanics.

New Animations:
Leyak x Female Variant.
Leyak x Futa.
Leyak x Lamia.
Drone x Female.
Gorgon x Female.
Female x Gorgon.
Male X Lamia
Komodo X Female
Komodo X Female
Lamia X Male
Rover X Female
Rover X Female

CountMoxi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Wow that's a big update! Can't wait to play this later! :D

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

For some reason this game runs on my PC but not my laptop.
Both running windows 10.

The old version worked like once then ever since that the exe will terminate a second after launching, doesn't even pop up a game window.
Still having the same problem with this version.

Is there any appdata or other stored config files I can try nuking?

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I've been looking forward to updates but I'm having a hard time enjoying this one. Couldn't even win a single fight until I suicided a couple of times to boost my stats, then kamikaze'd through the building on the west, just to get a bloatbug. I then disabled the security (I think? Didn't really give any feedback) and it didn't really change anything. Flee literally does nothing, didn't work a single time for me.

I love both the concept and the content, but this update felt like you didn't even test it. :confused: I really do not want to be mean since I follow this project and like what I see, but it was honestly really frustrating to get anywhere in this demo, not to mention that I can't even save the game, now that I've actually progressed. A fullscreen option would also help a lot.
I hope I'm not being discouraging, but the previous demo was honestly better put together than this one, you might wanna revise this one a bit.

derplor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

there seems to be some sort of bug thats not related to the good H bugs in the game, its only happened to me once on the current version but its possible to perma lewd an enemy with the tentacle party member and it dies shortly after leaving the lewd effect going and if your party dies the lewd will continue indefinatly, leaving the willing female "victim" unable to get up to cancel it

Cray Cray Toaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

[Disclamer: I haven't played the "100" version yet]
But I did boot it up just to take a looksie and it's really great to look at now that it has an UI (rather than the placeholder), I'll edit in some extra details in a couple days (including bug reports is I bump into any).

Hopefully we get to see the shaders fixed in the new version if not, that's understandable since it affects just about myself and maybe one or two person.
Still, playing as floating clothes is a bit weird...

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've been looking forward to updates but I'm having a hard time enjoying this one. Couldn't even win a single fight until I suicided a couple of times to boost my stats, then kamikaze'd through the building on the west, just to get a bloatbug. I then disabled the security (I think? Didn't really give any feedback) and it didn't really change anything. Flee literally does nothing, didn't work a single time for me.

I love both the concept and the content, but this update felt like you didn't even test it. :confused: I really do not want to be mean since I follow this project and like what I see, but it was honestly really frustrating to get anywhere in this demo, not to mention that I can't even save the game, now that I've actually progressed. A fullscreen option would also help a lot.
I hope I'm not being discouraging, but the previous demo was honestly better put together than this one, you might wanna revise this one a bit.

Thank you for the feed back, I'm sorry it was frustrating. I know in the previous builds the player could be level 1 and immediately win battles against groups of level 2s and 3s. This was never the intention and being outnumbered was supposed to be a disadvantage. There wasn't any real difficulty. The 4 man parties, when introduced were extremely over powered.

The Drone is the first party member (the easiest one to get to), I expected the player to find. The Bloat Bug was moved to mid-game. "Disabling Defenses" removes the robot spawns in the game, and lets the east village get filled with Lamia/Gorgon mobs, and the south village with Komodo/Lacerta mobs.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Couldn't even win a single fight until I suicided a couple of times to boost my stats, then kamikaze'd through the building on the west, just to get a bloatbug.
I don't really see the problem with this. Most players want to see the H content early on anyway, might as well submit a few times and get more party members along with a few levels. I found it easy enough to run past the enemies in the west and get bloatbugs. There is really very little penalty for losing at this point.

I then disabled the security (I think? Didn't really give any feedback) and it didn't really change anything.
As the dev said, doing that lets monsters into the bandit-controlled areas. Some sort of feedback would help there though. I didn't notice at first myself, but you do see new enemies immediately in the area to the right when you disable it. Something like a simple text message about hearing sounds of battle to the east would be enough.

Flee literally does nothing, didn't work a single time for me.
Flee worked fine for me. Doesn't work every time of course, but I was able to flee multiple times. I think you just got unlucky.

To the dev:
I noticed this thread before, but only got around to trying the demo a couple of days ago. I like where you are going with this, I hope you continue with it. :)

Minor question: Are you planning on expanding the pregnancy/birth content at all? Something like "MC has to carry the eggs for a while, and give birth at home base" would be fitting. Pregnant versions of the animations would be a great addition as well. Not sure how much work adding a pregnant belly to them would be though. Note I'm just talking about adding a belly to the existing animations, not creating new ones entirely.

Last edited:

Cray Cray Toaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Mr. Dev man person just posted a link:
In it you can see what's next for the game and known issues.
It's not much of an update in itself but, I'm sure y'all could find this information quite practical.
Sadly the shader issue won't be resolved any time soon :c

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I couldn't find a leyak for the life of me when I played this, gave up and forgot about it...

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Mr. Dev man person just posted a link:
In it you can see what's next for the game and known issues.
It's not much of an update in itself but, I'm sure y'all could find this information quite practical.
That actually answered my question in my last post about preg content. Looks like there is indeed more planned. :)

I couldn't find a leyak for the life of me when I played this, gave up and forgot about it...
Going from memory here, but I think they show up after you turn off the bandits' security. They then show up where the drones were in the area to the west of the starting point. I remember having one on my team anyway. I can try again to make sure if you want, wouldn't take but a few minutes.

EDIT: Confirmed, go to the cave just west of the starting area. Exit at the top and go east, there will be a cave you can enter and disable the bandit defenses. Do this and some monster spawns will change. Go back into the cave just west of the starting area and the drones will have changed to leyaks.

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Both running windows 10.

The old version worked like once then ever since that the exe will terminate a second after launching, doesn't even pop up a game window.

Any idea what this could be?
Is it to do with the shader problem on the Trello page?

It is an oldish laptop (i3 380M, Intel HD graphics)

The real head scratcher is that the first version did work, and the second release worked atleast once.

Cray Cray Toaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Both running windows 10.

No idea what could cause something like that but from what i can tell the shader probably doesn't cause this. Did you try to do the Data Preservation (or is it protection i have no idea) thingy, sometimes Windows just close a program for no real reason and most of those times you can blame that.
Or it could just be that the file isn't unlocked under it's properties.

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Update 0.0.1.00

Game Changes:
Removal of place holder travel system.
New Control Hub game state- replaces travel system and pause menu.
Initial implementation of hex grid system.
New event card system for transition into combat.
(currently-only event type is combat discovery)

Art Changes:
New GUI.
Clothed variants added for Bandita, Lacerta, and Lamia.

Balance Changes:
Bandita- Energy Lowered
Energy Loss from disrobe attempts less severe.

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

the art style looks a little different now. not in a bad way

are animations planned for banditas/lacertas? right now all they do is sit there and defend most of the time

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Don't think this has been reported before but my Leyak just couldn't cum, the Infected kept getting back up and the bar filled up so far that well...

On another note, the grid movement is pretty dope.
Haha that is great. I'll check it out thanks. By the way, I'm working on an options menu next, so there will be a shader toggle. Right now they're black and white bases, so you'll at least have that much. I'll have to look into some colored defaults. I don't know about that yet.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Right now the main thing I noticed is that when your character or one of your monsters has climaxed and "gets away", they don't really escape and can still act, but for instance their rape animation doesn't last.

julyuss

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I dunno why, but the skin and hair of my character is always missing, both in the creation menu and in combat. In combat i'm just some floating clothes.
Btw, i'm using the latest version