What's new

RPG [CastleDev] Castle Rock

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Castle Rock [2d adult rpg]

If you select the defend option but the attack naturally deals lower than 10 damage, the game just makes you take the damage. Either the defend option flat out doesn't work, or it's only a bug that only pops up when the damage amount is less than 10.
I'll look into in it, thank you.

Edit:
You were totally right, thanks. The flavor text showed, but the actual damage was never negated.

Last edited:

Cray Cray Toaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Downloaded the latest update while having Jap local on and I'm guessing this is more less normal but the avatar is just floating grey clothes.
Edit: Re-download Java/The game on English local without any change, here's the result I get.

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/album.php?albumid=1331&pictureid=18580

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/album.php?albumid=1331&pictureid=18579

Link to the Tumblr: It's best to follow it there since the updates are a lot more detailed.

Last edited:

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

castlerock.itch.io/castlerock

0.0.0.98 Change Log February 20/2017

Icons and Events
* Player Icons now change shirt color to match Avatars.
* Player Icons have been added to pause menu/ summary screen, for entire Party.
*Event System now shows Player Icon, and an Event Icon during notifications.

Cosmetics/Character Creation
*2 new Hair styles, sneakers, jeans, hoodie, Tshirt, fancy undergarments, and socks.
*Color options buttons are no longer visible in the create menu when no clothing is equipped.

Bug Fixes
*Going off the map no longer crashes the game. (Teleports the player home.)
* Defense combat action now defends properly.
* Fixed waistbands on cargo pant sprites.
* Fixed area scanning for enemy party size.
*Fixed the player sprite walking in place when standing still.
Combat Changes
* Party member’s energy now fully restores in between battles.
* Player and party member’s are slightly stronger.
* Maximum enemy party size increased to 4.
Map Changes
* Monsters in travel mode can now patrol areas, or be stationary.
* New maps to compliment new enemy behavior.
Pause Menu
* Party member Icons are now clickable, to view party member stats.

Mobs
*New Leyak -Flying Tentacle Monster

Animations
*New Leyak X Female (1),
*New Female X Komodo(1) Alternate
* Players can now hover mouse of animations to increase size.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It's gotta be a bug, but when you break free from a rape attack and stand up, the "____ continues to ravage anon" message continues to play. You can attack whatever creature it is you're fighting, but if it finishes before you can deplete its HP you get the critical hit and finish knockout.

Lotta changes this time that's for sure. The Leyak is great, can't wait for the combo animations.

Also, is the alternative Komodo scene an alternative when you rape it or vice versa? I keep getting one variant of each

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's gotta be a bug, but when you break free from a rape attack and stand up, the "____ continues to ravage anon" message continues to play. You can attack whatever creature it is you're fighting, but if it finishes before you can deplete its HP you get the critical hit and finish knockout.

Lotta changes this time that's for sure. The Leyak is great, can't wait for the combo animations.

Also, is the alternative Komodo scene an alternative when you rape it or vice versa? I keep getting one variant of each
Thanks, I'll check out the bug. The Leyak is going to be the next brood mother baby, so there will be tentacle animations for everyone.
Edit Alright got it, any of the mobs getting vaginal action didn't want to stop.

The second Komodo animation is from the player raping it. It's random at the moment, but perhaps I should have them alternate per turn as it's the same position.

Last edited:

denfos

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Enjoying it for the most part so far, despite some bugs like when fights end when it thinks you've won but you died, it will freeze out your options in the game entirely keeping the knockout screen up. But real talk, is there a way to create a save or anything? Or is it a fresh restart each load?

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Enjoying it for the most part so far, despite some bugs like when fights end when it thinks you've won but you died, it will freeze out your options in the game entirely keeping the knockout screen up. But real talk, is there a way to create a save or anything? Or is it a fresh restart each load?
I'm going to have to look more into this one, I haven't encountered anything like that yet.

Hmm, by knockout screen, you mean the "event/ anon is too weak to continue" with the "go home" button?

@saving
Until recently I thought there wasn't enough content worth saving, and thought keeping game breaking bugs out were enough. Its planned, but not for a while still.

However, you just gave me an idea for an autosave. So everything wont be in vain if something goes wrong.

denfos

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yes, the too weak to continue screen, happened with bugs when the continues to ravage was interupted then it ended up finishing. I leveled and then it went to too weak to continue without an option to click anything. Autosaving just the char stats would certainly help in testing.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I encountered a bug where the MC was at zero HP was getting gang raped by bloat flies, one of the flys finished but the others then got stuck in a loop about not being able to find a place.

I think it happened because I stood up whilst getting raped, then got KOed.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

AI needs to stop going after bezzel so aggressively. 9/10 if it has the chance to it's going to hit bezzel. Hell enemies will stop mid-rape and take a swing at the poor bugger. HE JUST WANTS TO WATCH!!!!!

Cray Cray Toaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

AI needs to stop going after bezzel so aggressively. 9/10 if it has the chance to it's going to hit bezzel. Hell enemies will stop mid-rape and take a swing at the poor bugger. HE JUST WANTS TO WATCH!!!!!
Hahah yea, I get ya but, if the enemy wouldn't kill Bezzel they get killed by it, well technically they would to. Of course as a player it's up to us to decide either we let them keep boning or not.

Put yourself in their shoes, if you were raping someone and there's a possibility for someone to interrupt you I think it's safe to say that'd you get rid of them just in-case.

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yes, the too weak to continue screen, happened with bugs when the continues to ravage was interupted then it ended up finishing. I leveled and then it went to too weak to continue without an option to click anything. Autosaving just the char stats would certainly help in testing.
~~~~~~
I encountered a bug where the MC was at zero HP was getting gang raped by bloat flies, one of the flys finished but the others then got stuck in a loop about not being able to find a place.

I think it happened because I stood up whilst getting raped, then got KOed.
~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks you all very much for the feedback, it's all been fixed. I'll be able to put up another hotfix tomorrow.

In regards to bezzel, there was a bug, with the enemy targeting him, and attacking him, while the animation loop still played for the lewd. That is not intended.

@Cray Cray Toaster
As it stands the lower hp the monster is, the more likely it is to attack, or you know "defend it self" The partymember can knock off(knock down) the assailant, to break up the lewd as well.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I think this is a bug and hasn't been mentioned yet ? If I get KO'd, go home, and then start a new combat ... the previous combat participants seem to get one round of attacks.

I think I've described that correctly...

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Update w/ changelog

March 9th, 2017 Changelog 0.0.0.99

DOWNLOAD: castlerock.itch.io/castlerock

Game Changes:

New mob, a female bandit.
Can now fight multiple enemy type at once.
New enemy behaviors in combat. Enemy spawns have been altered to compliment new behavior.

Art changes:

New Portraits (5)
New female bandit sprite, female downed sprite.
Lewd animations are now layered, split into front row, and back row.

Combat:

Throw/Pin combat option [Was included in an 0.0.0.98 hotfix]
Mobs now properly disrobe before conducting lewd.

Menus:

Cleaned up pause menu, and character create screens.

Cosmetics:

Shuffle button added to Character Create.

New camo pants, armor, tShirt, short hair cut, briefs, heart panties, sports bra, and socks.

Animations:
New (1) Female X Female animation
New (2) Male X Female animation

I think this is a bug and hasn't been mentioned yet ? If I get KO'd, go home, and then start a new combat ... the previous combat participants seem to get one round of attacks.

I think I've described that correctly...
-Fixed thank you.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Pleasantly surprised at how often this is getting updates. Good show.

I received some crashes. There doesn't seem to be anything in particular that leads up to the crash. Once was after fighting a lone mob by myself, I lost, received the level up text, then the "Go Home" text. After clicking to go home it crashed.

Another time happened when I was fighting 2 bloat bugs and 2 lamia. The 2 bloat bugs were knocked out and the two lamia were going through their rape animations. When the 2nd lamia reached the 3rd tier of the animation, the game shut down. As in, the 3rd bar filled in. It happened so suddenly, I don't quite remember how it exactly went down, but that's the gist of it.

I've had similar situations play out with no crashes, so to me it seemed random.

And for those wondering about new animations, the two new animations against the male bandits is a two tiered alternative animation on knockdown, and PC raping the Bandita.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

The only thing I don't agree with is the fact that your health or natural defense doesn't increase with your levels.

CastleRockGameDev

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I received some crashes....
Thanks again for the reports. I'll see if I could track them down.

The only thing I don't agree with is the fact that your health or natural defense doesn't increase with your levels.
Hmmm, it's supposed to increase. It's influenced by the players endurance level, I'll look into that as well. Thanks.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

For some reason this game won't launch on my laptop though it will on my PC.

And yes I do have Java; laptop is in Jap unicode and PC isn't.

CountMoxi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This is coming along nicely! I took some notes based on the latest build that might help out:

Bugs:
-Enemies would sometimes still attack Bezzel when he was already knocked out.

-If you defend and then do any action that doesn't target someone else (wait, strip, submit), the defense icon still stays

Quality of life improvements: these are just some things I noticed that I think would improve the game a bit and make it more flexible.

-running from battles

-stopping rape attacks from Player or Bezzel halfway through

-Ways to heal mid battle

The game is really coming out great, keep up the good work!

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Quality of life improvements: these are just some things I noticed that I think would improve the game a bit and make it more flexible.

-running from battles

-stopping rape attacks from Player or Bezzel halfway through

-Ways to heal mid battle

The game is really coming out great, keep up the good work!
I want to add one more thing:
-Please make it so that we do not need to choose target when there are only one enemy (left).