What's new

VN/TEXT Celeste Blake:The Evindium Affair

Dracis3d

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sci-Fi text heavy game of around 200k words and 270 still CGI. At a high level the game features are:

1. Female Protagonist who gets corrupted during the game/adventure
2. Scenes including BDSM, lesbian, gangbang, non-consensual, humiliation, mind control and more
3. While a ‘choose your own adventure’ it is very much open world

Development has been ongoing for over a year, and recently the game was added to Patreon (mainly as motivation/show thanks). The game has mainly featured on the Hypnopics and TF forums as it fits them better. However I decided to post on here to open out the audience, I gained the impression that while I visit all three sites not everyone does.

Why did I make this, well I played games on various forums and thought a HTML text and image game was the easiest to complete over RPG Maker, sprite based games (eg. Hounds of the Blade) and full on visual novels (lots of images). I do plan on making future games that are likely to be less text heavy, I’ve enjoyed making this game (in the main), though it is 50% complete.

Links I do not have permission to post links on here so either search for 'Dracis3D' and Patreon, or search for the game title and go on 'TF Gamesite'. I have my own website 'dracis3d.net' but it is way down on the search rankings

Nimrod

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Celeste Blake:The Evindium Affair

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Seems over half the patreons these days feature mind control, I had no idea this fetish was so popular ;/

OP
D

Dracis3d

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Seems over half the patreons these days feature mind control, I had no idea this fetish was so popular ;/
I don't think it is overly popular but in this case I wanted a storyline which made a little bit of sense. So 'mind control' (influencing the character) was included, as for it being in a lot of Patreon games I don't know. But a guess would be either (i) going for all fetishes to plug the fanbases, or (ii) It is a nice easy one to include and won't put people off like scat,guro or even furry.

I started this game off on the Hypnopics Forum, the sprite based games I like on here (Unholy Sanctuary, Paperheads, Hounds of the Blade etc) were far past my skill level.

Nimrod - Thanks for adding the link, I had written the post before I realised that I could not add links. I will now have to stop lurking........;)

Valgo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Just started it and walked straight into a game over XD

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just started and I need to mention 2 things:
1) I don't mind a text-based cgs game / VN if it's good,
2) Please have a "next" button for those of use that read quickly... EDIT: For the introduction only
3) I hope you're writing skills are good, or I'll pull my movie-critic on your ass. (meant to be an encouragement)\

EDIT: Few things that immediately jump out at me that would be nice:
- those clickable text that lead to a "description" page, it would be very nice if they have a picture - even if the picture on that page.

Last edited:

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Poor Celeste Blake! She barely got the malware out of her implant before someone else starts trying to turn her into a sex slave again! ;)

I should actually finish TotDC now that it's had its final release. I'll give yours a try first, though.

Valgo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Instead of saving I just loaded an earlier save. 1 hour of progress lost :(

I think I noticed a bug. In that miners bar denying to teach the guy resulted in agreeing to do so anyway.

Poor Celeste Blake! She barely got the malware out of her implant before someone else starts trying to turn her into a sex slave again! ;)
So does that mean there are any previous games?

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

This game is officially a ... "fan game"(?) set in the same universe and starring several of the same characters as .

Different author, and this one is blessed by the original's author but officially not canon:
This game is authored by Dracis3D and is inspired by MDQP’s Tales of the Drunken Cowboy (TODC). However, it is not authored by MDQP or officially linked to TODC in any way apart from a few characters sharing names.
[...]
[Thanks to MDQP for] Approving the idea, initial advice, and providing the inspiration for [this] game

OP
D

Dracis3d

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I should actually finish TotDC now that it's had its final release. I'll give yours a try first, though.
So I was not sure how many people would have heaed of TotDC but this is basically a fan game and not a sequal or prequal. Different universe as well. For those who have not heard of TotDC (Tales of the Drunken Cowboy) it is a large RAGS text and photo game which I clearly enjoyed. I would link to it but I'm 13 posts and counting! :eek:

Duck666 - I can take criticism so no problem either way :eek: With regards to the intro I was testing a timed replace feature, basically I can either have a click link or a timer. I will try a mouse click advance feature at a later date. As for images in the description pages, yes I plan on doing that. I want to slowly improve the look of the game, balencing time on new content and polish.

Valgo - There is so much content behind the character you are rail roaded into giving in.

Valgo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Ah I see. I should stop avoiding him then :D

khrk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It isn't, there's just some people that push their fetishes really agressively. Good example of similar behaviour is agressive furry and body modification fans, or yaoi shippers in fanfiction.

It's like religion for them, but they really should ponder adage about religion being similar to your genitals. It's fine to have some and be proud about them, but don't fucking go pushing them to peoples faces. Unless asked of course.

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Different universe as well.
I was going to complain about Sid's characterization, but if it's a different universe I guess it's more nearly ok.

(Unless there's some reveal that I've missed in the endgame of TotDC ...)

Anyway, I found a minor bug in the "Saving Sarah" mission where, despite having the fingernail blades, it claimed I didn't. (Minor because it didn't change the plot at all)

OP
D

Dracis3d

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ah I see. I should stop avoiding him then :D
Started off a side event (didn't really matter), then I added a couple more follow up scenes and then a few more. The decision to rail road it was an easy one as I generally dislike games where you can miss loads of content due to one decision. Though there are some games that I keep replaying to see if I do XYZ differently something else may happen.

Kvier - I've tried to make the game different to TOTDC, to the point that if I changed a few character names people might not make the connection. But the theme is basically the same, I just tried to make it more gritty, while TOTDC is more light hearted.

Thanks for the bug report, Twine variables are easy to mess up.

Acac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hey Dracis3d,

I tried out your game, and I have to say, I really enjoy it so far. Looks like you have a lot of content!

Just wondering, is the game finishable at this point, or do you know when it might be?

Cheers!

Valgo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hey Dracis3d,

I tried out your game, and I have to say, I really enjoy it so far. Looks like you have a lot of content!

Just wondering, is the game finishable at this point, or do you know when it might be?

Cheers!
To quote website:

v1.0 - Full Release (Estimated Early 2017)

Development Plan
1. Establish concepts in inital build and demo
2. Build basic end to end game
3. Add more content and choice
4. Branch text based on player status and decsions
5. Improve image and interface quality
6. Refine game challenge

I believe it is best to build a game which can be completed first, then add the 'gloss' afterwards. I have seen too many games start with excellent polish and then are never completed so the plan is to finish it first and then refine as needed.

OP
D

Dracis3d

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

To quote website:

v1.0 - Full Release (Estimated Early 2017)
Err, probably mid 2017 now for the full release, but I do aim to get version 0.7 out by January '17 which will have one of the game endings implemented.