What's new

Tech Issues Changing color saturation in game?

Maya Volkania

Reputation score
Hello, rusty with mugen here and not a coder (yet), so forgive any wrong therm I may use, and that may have prevented me to find an answer around by searching with the correct keywords.

I wonder if it’s possible for mugen to change the saturation of a “helper” (and anyway not affecting the main sprite) like in this example cig holder.gif (I obtained it by adding a black layer with transparency), I need to give an alternative darker effect on a big set of secondary sprites but without the need to increase the .sff file even more, I also want to save quite some time on spriting but without interrupting it by studying mugen coding right now (I’ll do, promise!).
Hope someone knows, thanks.

Mizulugu

Reputation score
Hello, rusty with mugen here and not a coder (yet), so forgive any wrong therm I may use, and that may have prevented me to find an answer around by searching with the correct keywords.

I wonder if it’s possible for mugen to change the saturation of a “helper” (and anyway not affecting the main sprite) like in this example View attachment 45562 (I obtained it by adding a black layer with transparency), I need to give an alternative darker effect on a big set of secondary sprites but without the need to increase the .sff file even more, I also want to save quite some time on spriting but without interrupting it by studying mugen coding right now (I’ll do, promise!).
Hope someone knows, thanks.
You can do it in 2 ways.
  • The Art way - Change the hue, Saturation, or the value tone of your choice
  • The coding way - by using the Statement Type = PalFX
Whichever road you may take will mostly likely take the same time as the others.

Art road
  1. Export Sprite
  2. Edit in an Art program
  3. Change values
  4. import
  5. Assign to the helper
Coding road
  1. Using the Statement
  2. Playing around with the value
  3. Assign to the helper
  4. Test run if that's the value
  5. Assign only to that helper

OP
Maya Volkania

Maya Volkania

Reputation score
Now I remember better seeing that feature while playing mugen, thank you for the help, I'll take the coding path.

Mizulugu

Reputation score
Searched and serched some more and couldnt find what I was looking for...can some one plssss...tell me how to change the background color on the playlist.php page...thanx in advance...
I don't know where or what you are pointing, because there's no playlist in mugen, or in the forum... that I know of, and to change the background in this forum is located in Style:
https://ulmf.org/account/preferences

or

on the top right corner with an icon of a light bulb (Light mode), and a switch called "customize"

If those doesn't help, asks a staff member to assist you with that playlist.php