What's new

Chapter 5 Home is where the Heart is (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 3 Sisters (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

Rikke smiled kindly to her knight "I don't want to go there alone... but if something happens, it's best that only get caught." the rogues smiled widened "I'd need someone to rescue me afterall." still looking from their current spot, they were already expected. The heroines voice would quickly change to a more serious one as she looked on to the sight "Wish me luck..." with a final deep breath she approached the tower.

Rikke instantly noted the tiny wings... corruption. While it was hardly something completely new to Rikke, to see it manifest this quickly... though the thought was quickly cut off by Yennas interruption.

"Ah..." Rikke looked to the blade and recalled how she lost it. Was this a sign of good will or something else? "Thanks, Yenna." the rogue smiled politely to the fallen angel and looked to Amber. As if checking if Yenna isn't against her approach Rikke gave the angel a short glance before approaching the sisters envoy of sorts.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yenna of course didn't hinder her nor did she turn her back to Rikke. Taking a moment she launched into the air out of Rikke's grasp before heading back and taking a position behind Amber. As Rikke approached she noted two more places set next to her own. "Oh no quests? I thought you reported to other companions of Rikke's waiting in the woods yesterday?" Yenna nodded at Amber who turned to Rikke. "Please sit I was hoping to speak with you and your companions but alas its not to be. Adjusting herself Amber set her glass off to the side for Susan to return and fill it with a dark wine. Taking her glass and swirling it Amber smelled it. "Humm not as good as yesterdays, but it will do. Would you like some Rikke?" Taking a sip Amber set it down before moving her attention to her plate. From where Rikke was it was hard to tell what exactly she was eating. It looked divine though and the smell made even her mouth water. A moment later Susan approached Rikke with a serving trail. "Would the mistress like some food? My Mistress Amber is a fantastic cook trained by the finest chefs." Amber coughed slightly "Susan dear thats enough Im sure Rikke dosn't care what I did before I became what I am."

Rikke couldn't help but see the food. One dish had what looked to be a beef roast soaked in a gravy. The meat glistened from the glaze that had been used on. Next to that was a small dish of green beans in a white mushroom sauce topped with some sort of crunch looking garnish. Beside that was a small dish of boiled eggs cut in half and topped with a substance Rikke didn't reconize. Still Rikke was hear on buisness but it was up to her if she wished to partake of the food.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Unfortunately you'll have to make due with just me." the rogue approached the demon with a confident sway and a sharp glint in her eyes. This didn't seem like a trap...

Rikke would smile politely at the servant girls comments "Why'd you say that?" the rogue would sit down at the table "It's nice knowing that I'm not just talking to a demon, but to someone much more." while after a diet of berries and dry food, the feast was almost mesmerizing... Rikke still had some trust issues with the sisters.

"Oh I'd feel bad to eat this while my friends don't. Maybe I could bring a few pieces of the cuisine over to my camp? Chef Amber." whatever Amber answered, Rikke would either mouth a thank you or casually shrug "So..." the rogues eyes sharpened as she spoke "What do you, sisters, say?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Amber waved a hand ceeding to Rikke request. Rikke's next question brought a dissaproving frown. "Let us at lest finish our meal dear Rikke. I find all this serious talk so.. borning. Let us partake of the simple pleasures of life a moment humm?" Amber returned to eating her mannerism clearly hinting at her formal training back when she was a maid or cook at the manor. After a moment Susan returned with a small package that was warm to the touch. "For the Mistresses companions." Bowing the tainted girl moved next to her mistress and stood. After a short while Amber set her fork down and dabbed her chin before Susan cleared her plate. Waiting for Rikke to finish if she chose to eat Susan would also clear the plates and forks and offer some wine to Rikke. "Our sisters have decided to humor your request. In fact they are discussing it with Jess as we speak. Our condition of course is that you rid us of the master. Untill then Jess will stay with us."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well if this was an attempt to try and poison her, it was far too elaborate. Helping herself to one of the plates, Rikke would join in meal. After weeks of nothing, but scorched rabbit, dried fruit and dried meat, each bite of the succulent meal felt all too divine. Thankfully her time in the manner had improved her tables manners a tad, but she was still a far cry from a nobles mannerism all too freely and casually munching on the some of the food.

Still with the meal done, the sisters answer would arrive. Rikke paused upon hearing it, her eyes scanning Amber for any non-verbal signs to the agreement. But either way, Rikke would look down and smile kindly, while she didn't trust the sisters to keep their word... seemed for the time being they'd be allies.

"So then... partners?" Rikke would extend her hand to Amber "Or do you plan to let me go at the master alone?" she smirked teasingly, hinting at the absurdity of such a notion.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Amber looked well looked bored. Other than that it was hard for Rikke to get much else from her. Perhapse if she had known her better or had someone with her that did she could pick up on other little gues but for now thats all it seemed she was.

Amber raised an eyebrow at the offered hand. Rikke was about to put it away when Yenna reached out and took it in a firm grip and shook it. "Yenna will be out operative with you on this assignment. Untill the master is dealt with our sisters will not risk being near the master. His infulence is pervasive. She is our voice and hand in this matter Rikke, and she knows our desires and goals. Besides I hear you two get along swimingly."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke looked to Amber not really acknowledging her hand, before defiantly narrowing her eyes and pulling back. Though just as she began to the notion, Yenna of all people gripped it firmly?

"Wait wait..." Rikke turned to Amber "So you're sending me as an overlooked assassin? What about your army and forces?" the rogue would let the grip go politely and approach Amber with a frown "As much as I enjoy a challenge I'd rather not just go in blindly." politeness and careful negotiation aside the rogue was clearly not done here... not at all.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"No one said that Rikke. How you approach the situation is up to you. We WILL use our forces to cause a distraction allowing you to slip behind the lines. Yenna is familar with the latest intelligence of the Masters forces so you will not go in blind as you say it." Amber's eyes held the barest hint of warning and from what Rikke could recall she wasn't exactly sure of the extent of Ambers power, but she knew she was responsible for the magic mirror and likly the portals.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The rogue relaxed slightly and gave the woman a smile "Ah. Good. Then we are on the same page" Rikke looked between the two "I imagine I'll need to ask Yenna for any logistics information?" Rikke listened out to the answer before adding further "Speaking of which, about Yenna..."

"How am I to just trust her, without any assurances?" Rikke turned to the angel "No offense, but just as a warrior, Yenna, surely you understand how having uncertain allies at your back complicates pretty much any action you make."

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Thats not our problum, though if you are worried take heart. If we wanted you dead it probably would have already happened." Yenna seemed to sigh. "Besides Yenna has something she is gonna say to you." Turning to Rikke Yenna got on one knee and looked down. "I Yenna hand of the sisters hearby pledge my service and loyalty to Rikke for the duration of the mission. If my life or death serves the mision for the glory of my mistress let it be so." Yenna waited a moment for Rikke to say anything or do something before Amber spoke once more. "I know Yenna can be a bit.... crazy but that has to due with my sisters infulance. It has been hard on her but Yenna has been seperated from her for some time allowing her sanity to take root so no worries about her going insane mid trip."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke would glance back to Ambers words before facing Yenna and leaning forward offering her a hand to get up "Then it's my pleasure to have you aboard." the rogue paused "Just one more thing.... state your mission, Yenna" the girls eyes sharpened as she looked on to the angel. Perhaps the angels mission was not the mission Rikke and Amber discussed.

If Amber tried to interject, Rikke would politely insist she was asking Yenna.

Still, unless the fallen angel confirmed Rikkes paranoid suspicions. The meeting could continue "So is there anything else you wanted to talk about, Amber?" with a suddenly shifted attitude and tone towards the more casual side, the rogue spoke up and smiled to the mistress.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yenna took the offered hand and gazed directily into Rikke's eyes which sparked purple a moment. "My mission is to assit Mistress Rikke in her goal to defeat the master and free my mistress completely." Amber smiled and clapped her hands loudly. "Good it settled. Yenna will see to supplies and such." Amber got up the table and chairs dissapearing suddenly leaving Susan holding the wine and food set aside for Rikke. Turning around Amber headed back to the tower before pausing a moment. "Oh one more thing." Snapping her fingers a metal collar with out a latch appeared on Yenna's neck and a matching braclet on Rikke's wrist. "Just a precaution. If Yenna starts to go a little wacko you can use this to calm her. Though you may be in for a night of rough sex." Yenna felt the collar around her neck and frowned it seemed she didn't like the backup plan.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke smiled earnestly at the answer and finished helping Yenna up. Amber was right, looked like it's finally settled. not to mention Rikke was provided with a sorts of safety switch "I'm sure it won't come to that." the rogue smiled kindly to the angel, though in her heart she was most certainly grateful for the addition.

"Hey Amber!" Rikke called out to the demoness "Before you go." the rogue approached her "I know it's not part of the deal, but maybe you could add sound to the mirror? Even if it's limited?" she'd pull out the item in question and offer it to the mage. Heck it was worth a shot.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Amber stopped a moment thinking before turning around once more. "Susan fetch the mirror please." Bowing quickly Susan rushed to Rikke handing over the wine and food and taking the mirror if offered. Heading back to Amber the succubus mage looked it over a moment. Watching Rikke saw her mutter some words which was quickly followed by a flash light. Handing the mirror back Susan returned it before leaving again. "Good luck girls!"

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke wouldn't fight back and followed along Ambers intents. Heck they were allies now, so there was no more need to remain supremely serious or overly suspicous "Aye~!" the rogue waved the mage goodbye and picked up the food asking Yenna to pick some of it, if need be. How was she going to explain this new ally to Janet... or Sam of all people...

"So~ Yenna. Is there anything I should know about you?" Rikke smiled kindly to her new companion "Maybe something you enjoy, something you'd never do?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"No." Well this wasn't starting off well. She could always order Yenna to tell her stuff but that hardly seemed right. Heading for the woods Rikke found Janet standing on guard her blade out. "Whats she doing her?" Janet's voice had an edge to it though it seeme directed towards Yenna. Yenna cracked a smile and moved quickly far to quicly for Janet to react and hugged her from teh side. "Didn't ya hear we are going to be bffs for awhile." Janet seemed to pale and look to Rikke stunned. 'Sam is out and juding by your company its probably best.' Janet's very uncomfortable look and the clear disdance in Joldra's voice was evident that Rikke was going to have a long and exahusting mission.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Yenna. A few things about our travels." Rikke smiled kindly to her and leaned forward lightly marking each note with shown finger "First, you are not to treat Janet as below you. You two are of the same er... lets say rank." raising two finger on her hand "Two, we focus on the mission to defeat the master. Other activities are only on opportune times." it was best to tell the angel, not to get too free with her cheeky approaches. Even if normally Rikke would love to even do them herself... spurring the craze in Yenna seemed like a bad choice.

"And third. You're free to do as you please, unless I insist on something or it's strictly against friendlies wishes." with that Rikke leaned out with content grin and then looked to Janet.

"The sisters agreed to aid us in our battle against the master. Yenna was assigned to assist us in our endeavors." the rogue paused briefly "If we'll be fighting and traveling together why don't you two formally introduce one another." Having the crazed fallen angel follow them was certainly unplanned for... but they might aswell adapt to this sudden change.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Setting out the rules of conduct didn't seem to phase Yenna much. Istead she squeezed Janet a little tighter and let her go and moved off to look out over the woods. "So be it." Recovering from the shock Janet moved over to Rikke and lowered her voice. "Rikke is this really a good idea?" Yenna seemed to hrumph clearly she could hear them. Though through Rikke insistance Janet would approach Yenna. "Janet first knight of Venus." Turning slightly Yenna regarded the knight. "Well met champion of the slut goddess. I am Yenna hand of the sisters." Rikke saw Janets fist clench and it was clear Yenna saw it as well, but thankfully Janet kept her cool and nodded before heading off clearly no happy. Yenna just smirked and returned to looking out over the woods.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke would look to Janet with clear compassion, understanding her frustration right now... but there was little to do about it now "Whatcha looking out for Yenna?" the rogue approached her knight and set the small bag nearby "By the way, I nabbed something for you from the meeting, Jan." she'd wink slyly and unpack it to reveal all manner of delicacies.

"We'll finish lunch and head out. Where will be going?" Rikke looked to Yenna for directions as she herself took some of the delicious food to nibble. A nearby clearing and rock providing seating and a place to unpack the food.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"One should be aware of their surroundings. You never know when you will get surprised by a hidden scout." Janet opened the bag and nearly dove into the meal offered. Clearly she was hungry and the food a blessing. "That depends Mistress. Do you require supplies for travel? Also we should wait for the assult to begin before we head into the enemy lines. I suggest we head to the swamp and await the first attack."