Chapter 5 Home is where the Heart is (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Who Rules the Ruins (Ubberific) GMed by ranger

"Well to be told we don't know much certainly their are invaders that where left behind and more than likely a few lust zombies." DeGravel spoke as if they were a minor issue. "There may also be warped beasts that prowl the area as well as warped vegetation that may have sprung up." This new voice came from the young man with glasses. "And don't forget sell swords plenty of thieves and cutthroats make their hideouts there." It was the older knight who spoke his dislike for adventures clear in his voice. Once again the freckled priestess put a hand on the knights arm which seemed to sooth him somewhat. "So there you have that is all we know of in the ruins the rest is up to you to figure out and avoid. Take all the time you need to search the ruins we have waited this long I don't mind waiting longer." With that DeGravel waved Rikke and Jess away dismissively.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke blinked a few times in disbelief 'They're clueless aswell?! They're actually sending people in blind!' whether the council had no interest to share what lies inside or did they themsleves had no clue what went on in there. "Stop joking around! No wonder the badge is still up for grabs." Rikke looked over the council "Do you atleast even know where the badge is presummed to be? Or how it looks like?" the heroine crossed her arms " 'A badge' doesn't quite give off the description needed for me to risk my life... what if I get some other random badge."

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Don't be foolish we would know if you brought us the wrong badge." DeGravel spoke dismissively at Rikke again. "They have a point DeGravel. The badges last know where abouts was on the Lord Mayor. He was leading the counter attack when the invaders unleashed their weapon. If you find he honored mayor it should still be with him." The small priestess released the older knights arm and spoke for the first time in a somewhat familiar voice. "Do not think poorly of us we have little resources to spare and defending the city from the crime that has infested the city means we cannot afford to send what few loyal soldiers we have left to scout. With out the churches knight watching over the refuges they would robbed blind and left for dead." DeGravel just snorts but wisely keeps his mouth shut. The fat man who has remained silent for both visits finally speaks up. "Ahh such fine ladies if you would I have an accurate description and visual proof for you to look over if you so desire." If Rikke dose so she would find a small painting more of a portrait with the badge in full view and prominently displayed. There would be no way to confuse what it was when and if Rikke found it.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Yes please, if you could, sir." Rikke politely turned to the fat man and smiled at the preposition "Very well, very well. Just give me a moment, ladies." the fat mans chair churned and turned as he ever so slowly "T'is in the neighbouring rooms, allow me to show you." the man still struggled to get off his comfy throne of a chair, but finally he was making progresss, not exactly his finest moment, but that's what happens you really let oneself go.

"On that note, perhaps there is a map of the city I could look at for reference? Possibly even take with me?" the map would do wonders to guide the girl through the ruined streets, though the chances of one to look over or even take with her were slim. Whatever the council replied the fat man finally got of his chair "Come now, come now it's been so long since I had the pleasure to lead such fine girls to my room" The man chuckled heartily.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The fat man leading them was as good as his word. The portraits it seemed where of every past Lord Mayor of Endus and by far the badge was lest gaudy thing most of them wore. Still it was unmistakable and Rikke doubted she could forget it unless she took a sever blow to the head. As for the map Rikke was handed an old cloth one that had several moth eaten holes but otherwise was in good condition and nearly perfectly readable.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The girl bowed politely to fat man "Thank you, tell the council the badge is as good as returned" Rikke smiled warmly and made her way out along with Jess, finally the girls were ready to start their most dangerous quest yet.

"Bandits, lust zombies, mutant creatures, warped plants and invaders" the heroine turned to Jessica "This should be fun..." Rikke beamed a confident smile to her companion "Well "fun" is one word for it." the rogue giggled playfully "Welcome to the Adventurers life, Jess." talk about harsh initiation, for a first job as a Rikkes companion Jess sure got quite the juicy pick. "Come on, we still need some rope, bandages and maybe some fresh water. Also beauty should be waiting for me at the blacksmiths" Rikke checked her map "Think there should be an easy way to get into the abbandoned part of the city from there"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The trip to the blacksmith proved uneventful enough and they managed to gather a few supplies as well. Getting into the ruins though seemed to be problematic as each street that lead into them was blocked by rubble or barricaded off by the citizens for protection. Still being ever persistent the girls quickly found 1 entry that had not been blocked off but instead walled and gated by a group of mercenaries called the Black Worgs. It was heavily guarded and shut the guards eying them with the watchful stare of veterans.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke slowly entered the smithy, seemed the gargantuan man had returned to his post and was busy sharpening some greatsword the sheer size of it had to atleast be a decent Crolian males height, but the blackmisth actually held it in one hand. Just how strong was this man?!

"Oh. It's you.. come on in lass." Rikke approached the master blacksmith, the heat of the forge instantly washing over her "I take it my Beauty is battle-ready?" the heroine smiled at the bearded man, who proceeded to laugh merrily "My wares are always ready for battle. Don't worry she'll serve you well." The man got up and made a quick trip to the back of the forge and right back to his post, the blade gleaming in his hands. "T'is a fine weapon lass, where are ya taking her?" the man placed the sword on the counter "The abbandoned part of the city, got some business to take of in there." the blacksmith eyed the girl infront of him "Well... if any blades is gonna get you in and out of there in one piece it's this one."

Rikke took her blade, finally it was back in her hands and now it was without question far superior than before. It should have no problem defending her from anything that comes her way in the ruins. "Dunno how you'll get in there though... but watch yerself, dangerous creatures make there home there" with those final words of caution the blackmisth returned to sharpening the greatsword "Thank you, Gruff. Honestly." Rikke bowed to the man and made her way out "Uh-huh..." though he didn't show it he did eye the girl with concern, even with his stout heart he had to admit he didn't want to see the rogue get harmed.

Rikke carefully followed the map for any possible entryways to the abbandoned part of the city, but to no awail most of them were either blocked or otherwise obstructed... though there was one. The Black Wargs guarded entrance.

The two heroines eyed the entrance from a distance... what to do now. Seemed the two guards were a force to be reckoned with and not something the girls would want to fight right now, especially so close to their base.

"Here's the plan. Let me talk to those two maybe we'll get in without much trouble, some denarii might persuade em. But if the dealing seems sour, could you use the succubus voodoo from earlier? Best to keep our blades at bay for now." Rikke turned to Jessica, if she was okay with the plan, the rogue would casually approach the two men and ask for entry.

Last edited:
OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rikke approached the guards her hips and armor doing its best to work their magic on the guards imagination. Sadly it seemed they where not interested or where skilled enough to not let it distract them. As Rikke got even closer she saw both guards assume what looked to be a causal stance but to her trained eye she new that in a moments notice they could be at her with their nasty long spears.

"HALT!" One of the guards had spoken his hand out raised in the stop gesture. He wore a simple black headband that was soaked with sweat. His armor featured a side profile of a massive wolf head facing the guards right arm. The emblem was a black furred wolf with a single jagged scar over its eye. The rest of the armor looked to be a mixture of mail and plate. His companion was similarly attired with the exception he only wore the breast plate and grieves leaving his arms exposed which showed off numerous scars. The both had black hair and blue eyes.

"What business do you have with the Black Worgs?" It was a simple enough question and at lest these men where willing to talk it out. The street it seems had a large compound on either side will flags clearly showing the emblem of the Black Worgs. No doubt this was their territory Rikke just hopped they weren't as territorial as real wolves.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"We only seek to pass into the heart of the city." Rikke answered earnestly, judging by the mens armor these men may be mercs, but they're rather high on the food chain. Perhaps the girls could strike a simple deal with them, hopefully via monetary means.

"We don't want no trouble, but yours seems the only entrance to where we're goin." Rikke kept her rather respectful tone, this was indeed afterall "their territory".

If asked whats their goal:
"We seek my late mothers heirloom. It's a promise we've made some time ago. Please, we can pay if needed."

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The armored man looked at the rogue an eyebrow raised. "Why would want to go into that shit hole girl?" Rikke was about to respond when she felt that odd tickle on the back of her neck when ever she felt like she was being watched. "Well sir..." Rikke was interrupted by the guard behind the one speaking started laughing "You here that Coren she called you sir." The guard Rikke had been speaking to gritted his teeth before returning a reply to his friend. "Quite Ed or do you want the Alpha to kick the snot out of you again. We have a duty to perform not meaningless jokes." Rikke waited a moment before speaking again. "We seek my late mothers heirloom. It's a promise we've made some time ago. Please, we can pay if needed." The guard looked over at Rikke sceptically before answering. "Well now I have orders from the Alpha that only Wargs can pass through this gate. But if you want to hire our services to look for your heirloom we can come to some sort of a arrangement I assure you the Wargs are the most reasonably priced and best skilled mercs this pitful town has ever had the pleasure of hosting."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well atleast they were surprisingly polite. Not exactly what one could expect from a band of mercs. Nevertheless the offer was hardly acceptable "No! This is something I need to do myself, it's a promise!" tisk tisk Rikke can be such a shameless liar, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

"It was her dying wish... How could I just shun it? Please." Rikkes eyes slightly teared up, she was definedly living this act. Thankfully Jessica seemed to go unnoticed by the guards, since well chacnes were the red haired was just as confounded as the guards. Playing on the guards concious could work, but the rogue couldn't be sure. When a familair sensation crept into Rikkes mind urging her for a different plan of action, she had persuaded Janet so easily. Perhaps she could ride the sensation and attempt to allow the gaurd to let her pass? Rikkes eyes slightly gleamed, perhaps not enough to cause suspicion, but the gentle incense like trails slowly crept their way towards the guard.

If they resist let's work that succubus magic:
Rikke uses Charm... perhaps Jess should help her out with hers too?

Last edited:
OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jess watched as Rikke worked her magic though this time unlike that check point on the road before they made it to Endus the guards seemed reluctant. Lamenting at her utter lack of deception abilities Jess almost failed to notice the small bits of energy seeping out of Rikke till it was almost to late. Quickly approaching the rogue Jess "accidentally" tripped over a loose flagstone and jarred Rikke hopefully throwing off her concentration enough that she stopped using her power. "Oh! sorry Rikke!" Jess meant it she really was sorry for bumping into her friend but if she tried to come up with a excuse Rikke would just see right through it anyway.

Jessica bumping into her just made the guards laugh but they soon regained their composure. "A promise you say? Well we can always ask the Alpha to see if she generous today. Ed since you seem to be bored why don't you go ask the Alpha to hear our guests plea?." Ed visibly paled but simply nodded and disappeared behind a very heavy door. "We will know soon enough if the Alpha will hear your request."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikke turned to Jess with confusion why was she knocking the girl out her groove?! Though this was hardly the time to discuss who and why. Still atleast the guardsmen seemed to ease up a bit, guess all the girls had to do now was wait.

Rikke smiled warmly at guards "Thank you!" the guard snickered lightly "Don't thank me yet..." Hopefully the other man would return with good news shortly.

Last edited:
OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rikke looked at Jess she would have to talk to the girl about it at some point but for the mean time they had to wait. It seemed a long while and Rikke's eyes couldn't help but wander of the well muceled male specimen before her. She let her mind wander she cared for Jess deeply and unquestionably but there was just something about a man holding you in a tight embrace. She couldn't place it thought it was something about them the feel the sight or maybe it was the smell.

As Rikke's mind wandered just breathed a sigh of relief it looks like her little accident had stopped Rikke from using her powers but how long could she keep her from it? She knew from her own experience that it eventually it would build and build until it found a vent and a sex crazed succubus is unholy terror but Rikke she was different. Jess's desires would ease once she had sustenance but for Rikke her desire didn't come from hunger. Still the most she could do was keep an eye out for Rikke and do her best to make sure Rikke didn't rely to much on her dormant but awaking power.

Both girls lost on their own train of thought almost missed when Ed returned a little shaken but none the worse for his trip. Whispering to Corin Ed simply nodded at the two adventures before him eying them with a critical eye.

Clearing his throat the mercenary addressed Rikke. "The Alpha has made her decision. She says that only Black Wargs are allowed through the gate." The news did little to make Rikke feel better but then Corin spoke again. "However she is intriged by your situation and will be down to meet you shortly."

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rikkes eyes widened. The leader herself would come down to see the girls? Far from the publicity the girls wanted... but perhaps this was the only way to actually get passage.
The heroine turned to her companion her glance obviously expressing 'Why can't things be simple for once', all Jessica could do is smile, well atleast they have a chance for passage, otherwise things could've turned a far different road.

"So~... before we meet her any friendly tips? Do's and Don'ts?" Rikke smiled warmly at the two guards, her attitude far more casual now that the guards did their part.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Don't make her angry" Rikke sighed that was far from helpful but it was the best she could go on. It was left for her own experiences to go on which would hopefully be helpful. Mulling over her own thoughts Rikke could feel a sudden change in the air pressure around her before Jess let out an eek for fright. Turning swiftly Rikke was confronted with a wolf or rather a fox woman. She has yellow eyes similar to that of a wolfs as well as fangs. All of her hair is midnight black and she has a jagged scar that mars her pale skin starting above her left eye and ending on her cheek. She has a large bust (C cups) and seductive hips. She stand about 5'5 and is well tonned and well armed. She had two wicked looking blades with long curves similar to the Anudorian style of sword and small bandolier of throwing knives similar to Jess's own. Walking confidently and with out fear the strange woman walked around Jess and sniffed her before moving on to Rikke. She got uncomfortably close before she smelled the rogue and then smiled with grin. "I am Rhea Alpha of the Black Wargs and you are the Alpha of your small pack we speak as equals in position only is that clear?"

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"As you wish. My name is Rikke, a pleasure to meet you Rhea." Rikke slightly nodded to the girl, keeping eye contact. One has to assume an "alpha" has to be treated well... and if Rikke was considered one too, guess it was time to put on her show mask and act serious and "alpha...ish...". Honestly it was quite some time since Rikke encountered non-humans... besides demons ofcourse, so that wasn't helping her speechraft, but Rikke was rather well versed in such dealings.

"I believe Ed there told you of our plea. We bear no ill will to your pack, only wish to pass." Rikke kept her show but in the back of her head the "no ill will to your pack" echoed, keep at it girl.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rhea kept circling Rikke all the while looking at her eyes almost waiting for her to bolt. "Yes Ed did indeed tell me of your lost heirloom and a promise you made to your dieing mother but I wanted to hear the whole story from you?" Jess fidgeted and was obviously scared but kept as still as she could. Rhea stepped closer to Rikke and spoke quietly so only Rikke could hear her. "Your mate is scared. Don't look surprised I can smell her on you and vice verse she has an interesting smell indeed almost like the corrupt creatures beyond the gate." All the while Rhea kept circling Rikke waiting for her reply.

Ubberific

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How should the girl reply... would the alpha look kinder on her if Rikke gave off a more gentle appearance, or maybe the opposite the female inpsecting her expects to see a strong and fearless leader. 'Here goes...'
"My mate is none of your concern. We each pick our packs carefully, I'd rather you not question mine." Thankfully Rikkes was emotionally frozen, not giving any signs of what was going on with her. The rogues talent at bluffing, was truly a gift. "I'm sorry if I've offended you, I can be a little protective of her..." Just incase it was best to show the girl respect the alpha inspecting her required, while still keeping her leadership role intact... how this worked would have to be seen.

"As for the whole story..." Well she better make this good, though the wolf-like female didn't seem hostile, but the story better be good... perhaps with a little flair so the alpha could relate. Though not obviously catering to the female. "A few months ago my mother died. My family has lived here, for quite some time... until the invaders came. The quarantine was strick and we were forced to leave our homes at the heart of city, my father joined the Mayor in the final stand and with him he brought an amulet that has been in our family for generations." Rikke squeezed her fists "Though I would've wished I could join him in reclaiming my home, it wasn't my call. My mother wasn't a fool, she knew whatever magic the invaders used, erased most of the last stand defenders along with my father." the girl looked up to Rhea "It's not about reclaiming my home, I'm not so foolish. My mother last words were how she wished that she could be buried alongside her love. I doubt my fathers body can be reclaimed, but atleast I'll get the prize that simbolises his undying courage most and leave it alognside her." Rikke kept her stern gaze though in her mind 'Dangit that ending left me... why did I got with the dieing wish~...'

"So yes... this is something I have to do on myself. Out of respect for my family. Please allow me to do this."

Last edited: